Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 589207 times)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

I still feel I can do my part. Just very busy at work at the moment...

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »

I'm cool for now- if I can get at least two of mine finished by the end of the month, I'm going to run off with one more character ('cause Ikopek needs some love, too).

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »

You already have a pm, Windrider. :)

During week it's nasty since I am doing my labwork, then lots of time is eaten by supervising and teaching students, students that decide to start work late and then can't finish in time. Then I receive computers to repair / boost up from colleagues and so on. Other non work related real life stuff so atm it's more the weekends I am doing stuff. But there is progress and I'm hopefully entering the next phase (which might be 60% done, but I am not that good at guessing).

Multimedea
Is that prog known to work as a "mobile" version? You could do that with a static build but most progs today are dynamically linked and want their libs. I guess you're working at a windows system so the registration key might be saved elsewhere and not available on the laptop/stick then. I see 2 options:
a) try to re-enter registration data. Of course that might not work if the program has online activation and allows only one installation.
b) try to find the keyfile. There are several places to look for it. It could also be stored in the endless depths of Windows registry.
You might e.g. check directories in
/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/... something there for a keyfile.
also ~/../local settings/... might yield results.
Names might be different since I only know W3.11, W95, 98 and NT 5.1 (XP) in non-English versions. Also some dirs could be hidden.

If it is a Mac I can only guess from the Unixish architecture that files are probably in ~ (/home/username/) and there probably in a dot-directory. Might also have something like /etc but I don't know much about mac softwaresides. And /etc normally doesn't carry information like license keys.

Oh, method c)
Get your real box set up and running and use it in your new home. :)

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »

I've been really really sick lately (been kind of down and out for almost three months, ugh) so I'm running a little behind, but still planning to make the deadline!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »

I'm still in the sketching phase with 'stump, but it's 2/3 ready. And I have an idea for the last third. I'm fairly confident I'll get this done in time. If much earlier, I might take on another character.  ;)

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »

I'm still confident I can make the deadline - Krim is ready for colours and Venka is well underway in the sketch phase ;)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2011, 09:31:19 AM »

It's looking certain that Crescent will make the deadline.

Ember and Teir...it will depend on how my time and standards intersect, since I want them to be more carefully done than my usual "rough and rushed" brushstrokes.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »

For mine it is starting to look rather dark.

Minyah was more or less done, but my mother decided to tidy up everything which was after her word, junk. (Gee, thanks a lot.) So not only was my finished product thrown in the bin, but the sketches of how to set it and such. I tried to rescue them, but alas they were drenched in coffee.  :argh

Bowki has given me a lot of trouble from the start, I have a hard time figuring out in character poses.

Greenz is still in sketching phase. I have to see if my scanner can accept skin coloring with the copics I'm getting. I've tried tweaking the image in photoshop, but my skin colors won't show with my color pencils.

As for what is really making everything looking dark, I got word on when my exam is, and it is not only three weeks earlier than anticipated but on the same day as the due date for the calendar. :( I'll try to get them done in time, but they may have to be pushed aside. 
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »

Ooo... sorry to hear that Startear.  That is about as bad as when I left the window by my drawing board open and the unexpected rain ruined my cover art for the Home and Family calendar.  I mean, this is So Cal - when does it rain unexpectedly here?  That year our calendar had no cover for a couple weeks until I got the replacement finished.

Thanks to all of you who responded with your "status report."  Looks like almost everyone is on track (I find it funny that it looks like Foxeye and I are the two who are in difficulties).  I'll probably have Foxeye send out a site-wide email the first of November to remind those who don't visit regularly.  Those who have responded already may ignore that email.

I'd like to encourage those who are having troubles to think about collaborating with another artist here.  We already have some entries where one artist draws and another colors, and I have been helping quite a few get their layouts pieced together effectively.  Now, we don't want you posting your preliminary art for EVERYONE to see, but getting help from each other privately is a good way to go!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »

Startear, that sucks. After all the work you put into it! Can the coffee stained drawings still be saved by scanning and digital coloring?

Windrider, thanks again for the help on the Vaya layout! It's so great that you still find the time to support us!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »

my stud muffin is about done! woohooo. I really cant wait to see what everyone comes up with! if anyone wants to collaborate I'd be happy to play colorist!

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »

Startear -- another suggestion -- take the coffee-stained drawings, dry them out (of course!), and then use a lightbox to trace the lines you had onto a new piece of paper.

You may not have a lightbox, but you can kind of fake one by various methods.

For one thing, there's the old "put the paper on a window when there is bright daylight / sunlight outside" trick.

For another, you may be able to use your computer screen as a lightbox -- create a blank white document that's pretty much as big as the entire screen. 

Good luck!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 22, 2011, 02:31:13 AM »

Ouch. Well, "thanks Mom".
If it is lines, then you might still be able to save them also by use of a scanner and adjustung levels (white black) in a way that the coffee stain vanish as white vaule while the darker lines stay (black). Also crumples can be reduced by this.

Slowly but progressing on my side. Much RL business but at least weekends and a few selected evenings leave me enough time and energy (!) to work on it.

edit: Windrider you might expect my email on Sunday or Monday hopefully.

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #288 on: October 25, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »

Greywolf is nearly finished- need to add highlights to hair and clothes, color the scant background elements, and tint the lines. If no additional commission work comes in, I'll buckle down on Willowgreen and Zarhan, but nothing is definite about those two pieces yet.

I have both of their portraits done, the inks for Zarhan's pinup and most of Willowgreen's action ... and everything else is in pencil lines. If I don't finish them by the deadline, I'll post the portraits, at least.

Rosalie

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 04, 2011, 12:15:56 AM »

I would like to give Kahvi back, and take Deir. I saw that no one has picked him yet, and at least 3 people are drawing Kahvi already, so the chance that she will be in the calendar is pretty great. And I think that the high ones should be in the calendar as well.
I haven't started drawing yet, but I have a couple of days off from work in 2 weeks so I think (I hope) I can make the deadline...

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #290 on: November 04, 2011, 06:42:07 PM »

Working hard! Finally got some inks done! I think I can safely make this deadline. Just gotta push a little harder.

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »

I have finished Wild Hunt era Krim and will be inking and colouring KotBW Venka this weekend... so I was wondering if I may snatch up "Going-back" Chot, too? ;D

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »

Argh!  The last few weeks have been nothing but a mad scramble for me.  Please pardon me if I've neglected to get back to you on a calendar issue.  I've been writing a government grant proposal and I swear, it is like something out of some ancient Greek myth (like Sisyphus rolling his boulder up a hill only to have it roll back down again).  I hope I'm done now (but I've thought that before) and can get back to calendar stuff.

Quote from: Rosalie
I would like to give Kahvi back, and take Deir. I saw that no one has picked him yet, and at least 3 people are drawing Kahvi already, so the chance that she will be in the calendar is pretty great. And I think that the high ones should be in the calendar as well.
I haven't started drawing yet, but I have a couple of days off from work in 2 weeks so I think (I hope) I can make the deadline...

Well, Rosalie, you are one of the three drawing Kahvi and you ALWAYS draw Kahvi for the calendar.  She is a major character so it would be okay to have three drawings of her in the calendar.  Why don't you draw Deir before Kahvi and then draw Kahvi too if you have time?

Quote from: Icebird
I have finished Wild Hunt era Krim and will be inking and colouring KotBW Venka this weekend... so I was wondering if I may snatch up "Going-back" Chot, too?

You like the Go-backs, eh?  Sure, I'll put you on the list for fur-clad Chot.  Chot is such a funny character, it will be a challenge for to come up with something that will fit that comic relief aspect he has in the stories.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2011, 11:31:39 AM »

I have finished Wild Hunt era Krim and will be inking and colouring KotBW Venka this weekend... so I was wondering if I may snatch up "Going-back" Chot, too? ;D

:popcorn
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »

My update:
I finished my other things I've owed, and the little art project I started a while ago, so I should be good to go. I'm also not going to college anymore so that should give me some more time to work on it.

I've got the line art for Tyleet roughed out, and I've got a few ideas for Dart and Reef. Shouldn't be long until they are ready. I should be good for the deadline. ^^

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 06, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »

Hardest part of the calendar? .... making the Wavedancers *more* naked.

sheesh.
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »

:rofl

I tend to think that the "sexy" pose is more about attitude than about total nakedness.  I mean, Wendy has Bearclaw actually wearing *pants* in her pinup calendar!  Of course, you have nothing to complain about when you consider that Wendy also drew Timmain for that calendar, whose usual wardrobe is nothing but her own hair.  Can't get any more naked than that.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2011, 04:58:45 AM »

Wow, I just counted the ones which was labeled done, and there was 43 of them!

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »

I tend to think that the "sexy" pose is more about attitude than about total nakedness.  I mean, Wendy has Bearclaw actually wearing *pants* in her pinup calendar!  Of course, you have nothing to complain about when you consider that Wendy also drew Timmain for that calendar, whose usual wardrobe is nothing but her own hair.  Can't get any more naked than that.

Yeah, this has totally been on my mind, as well.  Nightfall also wears her trousers.  ;)  And a number of others aren't completely naked, but just stripped-down a bit.

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 07, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »

Well, I'm not over-thinking things.....lol

There's a lot of butt-crack in my drawings.... :D
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27   Go Up