Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 590595 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »

Hm, I might take that offer this time, Foxeye. I am just not sure if I have the skill to correct my drawings accordingly...
By the way, I have the urge to mention that I find it very exciting to read through the character list to see if there are new "DONE" marks somewhere. 11 pieces finished! Keep up the good work gals and guys!

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »

I finally finished inking Longfin and am probably 80% happy with that picture.  I put it aside to start drawing Dodia and am about 75% done drawing including inking that one.  Of course neither is even coloured yet so...I was kinda having a issue with Dodia's hair especially in the "pin up" picture because I didn't want her to be wearing her headband.  Then I realized I shared basically the same hair cut *lol*  It's one of those weird things that you wonder why it took so long for you to realize it.

So yep, that's my update!

I'm so excited to see the finished pieces everyone is working on.  I love looking at the art being posted in the galleries here =D

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2011, 10:37:16 PM »

Looks like Chitter can be added to the list of characters (assuming Wendy indicates her outfit colors before the submission deadline)!

Linky

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »

Looks like Chitter can be added to the list of characters (assuming Wendy indicates her outfit colors before the submission deadline)!

Linky

Are we sure that's her?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »

I am. :lol But you are right, Pini's haven't confirmed.

(It's the clothes that do it for me. Poofy fur shoulders and tassles on the elbows, just like she had as an infant.)

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »

Yeah I totally agree that the outfit reminds me of her but something about the hair just doesn't seem to sit right for me. So I'm not 100% convinced.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »

The pose and hair remind me much more of Jink.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2011, 03:30:45 AM »

I hope they don't stick to that hair. It is lovely, but Chitter should have short hair me thinks. Perverse as I am, I hoped Chitter would mainly use spear. Knife is good to, but more fun if she went with spear.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2011, 03:43:42 AM »

I also think it's Chitter. I also think the shape of her face, nose and eyes are much more Chitter than Jink. I always thought she would become an outgoing, more sexy adult. But I also would have liked if she had kept her shorter hair.
Is it just me or does the outfit actually look like she has wooden ornaments on her sleeves and boots? How does that work?
Edit: I don't suppose this is Sunstream and Brill's kid grown-up?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:46:52 AM by Treefox »

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2011, 08:02:32 AM »

DX So they give it us in colour but no name! Are you sure thats a fox tail it isn't really poofy, nor does it have white at the end. Then again maybe not a Common Red Fox.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »

I'm not sure if I find this outfit just silly or brilliant... A fox tail... and wooden ornaments... okay. But I am almost ready to bet money on that this is Chitter. The hair color and her father's tall statue. But, BUT her eyes used to be violet...
I think this outfit is going to haunt me in my dreams...

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »

I don't mind the fox tail -- I've seen others do it.  ;)  *I* want to know how her mother figured out how to two-color-ombre-dye leather like that!  :lol

I also mourn for her lost short hair.  This length/style feels kind of... generic to me.  I'll cross my fingers that there's at least one or two female elves in FQ who have a cute, short 'do. 

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

Me, too. Dewshine was always one of my favorite characters because she defied the stereotypical big hair, big boobs comic book female.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:14:39 AM by Jeb »

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:23 PM »

I didn't even consider that she could be anyone but Chitter, she just seems right for that, despite the wrong eye-colour. I don't think Wendy would design a baby-elf for Sunstream and Brill that has got the same hair, skin and attitude as another newly designed child. Considering how few children there are in Elfquest it would be a wasted opportunity xD

I like her hairstyle, it's short and messy enough to be fun and different than most other elves (what with silken hair and pretty curls) and it definitely brings out her (presumably) quirky character.

Loving the colours, but I'm a bit (/very) confused about the tail. I mean.. What. A tail of all things? Seriously?

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »

I don't dislike her hair... I just wish it was shorter, for variety's sake.  (I mean, like, OQ-Dewshine-short.) 

Looking at that outfit more... boy, it must be annoying when she has to go to the bathroom!  :lol  (I thought that of Nightfall's one-piece from Hidden Year, as well.)

Yeah, if it's Chitter (and I agree, with that haircolor and the fur on the shoulders, I'd be shocked if it isn't her), I wonder what's up with the eye color?

Emberra

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Page
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »

So its official, thats Chitter.

EDIT: It was posted by Wendy or Richard on the Facebook feed then confirmed on the EQ site's thread.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:40:05 AM by Emberra »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »

I seriously love this grown-up Chitter. I was so afraid an adult version of her would miss the spunk she showed as a child. The tail just does it, I adore it!

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »

Yeah, if it's Chitter (and I agree, with that haircolor and the fur on the shoulders, I'd be shocked if it isn't her), I wonder what's up with the eye color?
Either a slip-up on Wendy's side or do we have another shapechanger on our hands? Kimo managed to learn it, perhaps other elves are developing their latent abilities for magic. That would mean a lot more magic which would be really awesome :3

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2011, 12:47:02 AM »

Eregyrn, I was actually wondering about that two-color-leather thing as well. How does she do that?
Or has Chitter taken up tanning? Hard to imagine the squirrelly girl doing something like that.
Concerning the eye color, I guess it has happened before. I mean Moonshade was brown-eyed in the beginning as well.. So maybe just a matter of further style development and change.
While I think I like Chitter's hairstyle, I also would have liked to see her with shorter hair.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »

Concerning the eye color, I guess it has happened before. I mean Moonshade was brown-eyed in the beginning as well..

They've discovered coloured contacts on the World of Two Moons???  :o

Sorry!  J/K!  But I couldn't resist XD

Her design is interesting even though I'm not a fan of the onepiece.  Very bright, but seems to fit the character of what I know her.  Seeing new designs is so much fun!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2011, 03:18:55 AM »

Skyfire and Two-Spear has changed eye color (and hair too) a lot. First drawn image of Skyfire showed her as blond, then her hair was more like Nightfall's. After that Wendy drew it as pale red. Then when non Wendy artist drew her, she showed up as dark red hair. On eyes, Wendy drew Skyfire with pale blue, while non-Wendy gave her dark blue, and then green. Two-Spear had brown eyes, then brown eyes on yellow back and at last he ended up with green eyes on red back.

Not blaming Wendy for eye color changes, it is just a detail which I've noticed after making Two-Spear and Skyfire as dolls.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2011, 08:32:28 AM »

Isn't it funny what you discover when actually researching a character? When I drew Aroree., I noticed for the first time ever, that the feathers on her sleeves are on and off constantly. Not a big thing but I just never noticed even having read EQ so many times. Concerning eye colors, I still don't know what color she has. And if memory serves correctly., Skywise's eye color also changed from silver to blue in SaBM.

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »

(Got a look at the coloured version on EQ)
Hmmmm...
I said she reminded of Jink.
(and the hair still does)
But I'm not surprised it is Chitter. She seemed like a massive throwback so the tail makes a lot of sense to me.
Interesting design tho.
Now I'm just stuck with the thought Jink is Chitter and Skywise's kid...
Actually, I'm going to stick to that parring...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:35:51 PM by nilla »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27   Go Up