Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ fanart RPG!  (Read 62694 times)

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
Re: EQ fanart RPG!
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »

Tidemist continued circulating the water until it was dirty and idly tossed it away from everyone else to  land in the grass, then she gathered up more water and continued the task. She repeated this once more with the last of the water, tending to the last of the burns before she discarded the water a final time. “There we are, all done. And looking much better already. Now we can do the salve.” she scooped up the little bark bowl and scooped some of the algae paste then hesitated. “I'm sorry if my touch is too rough. I generally don't treat wounds...my tribe has a High One, and she can heal, so she usually takes care of the wounds...but I'll try to be gentle.” And with that, she began carefully smearing on the paste, trying to get all the burns, and not use too much in one place.

Vaeri had stared through the first half of the cleaning, still not quite grasping the concept of watershaping. But eventually, her attention slowly came back to Marut. “Ah...y-yes. I believe the potter's call them kilns. But it does rather resemble an oven...i suppose baking clay must be like baking bread, and I can do that.” At that thought, she paused. “I wonder if I would be able to find any grains here to make flour...? Bread would be quite nice to have. Or flatbreads.” She looked a little longing at the thought of her familiar foods then shook her head lightly.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2017, 02:09:13 AM »

Rustle examines the eggs, but at a little distance, it is clear she doesn't trust quite yet... then she states the obvious...

"... Bird eggs?..."

she seems happy, thinking she was of great help... she seems to want to make a friend but is still a little scared of company, the gently swipes a lock of her heir behind her ear and looks at the egg...

"... it's pretty..."

Tomi looks at Tidemists and says..

"kilns? alright... and this bread thing ye make, sounds interesting..."

Marut nods...

"Sunfolk are good at it... I bet we can find some of those plants here too to make bread!..."

He gets hyped up about the idea, as he did about pottery, he seems to get excited about a lot of things...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:15:22 AM by Berit »

Czarine

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2017, 04:34:57 AM »

Laluna looked relieved when the washing was over. She knew it would make the healing process faster, but it still felt uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, I'm not easily broken." she smiled to Tidemist, so the mer-elf wouldn't worry too much.

The paste felt cool and calming to her burnt skin. She looked at the black pile that used to be her clothes. Being naked didn't bother her that much, but she would've wanted something to protect her recovering skin.

"I wonder where I'll get new clothes. I don't know how cold the nights are around here."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2017, 05:04:18 AM »

Marut's attention turned swiftly from Tidemist to Laluna...

"I can make you new clothes from leather and some from cloth, but I need a loom if you want better quality cloth ones... But I do have some cloth I made before I came to this place, different colors of grey and brown for you to choose from... Some deer hide leather should be there as well if I remember right..."

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2017, 08:09:23 AM »

Tidemist smiled as she used up the last of the paste on Laluna and wiped her fingers on the grass a bit idly. She didn't really have any ideas on what to suggest to her for the clothing issue. She turned her head a bit as Marut began offering his assistance and smiled some. He was such a nice lad. She wondered if he would be able to help her with the false wall in her den? But she would wait for a break in the conversation to bring it up to everyone. She took the pot and made a quick trip to the stream to get more water and brought it back to the fire to begin boiling.

She picked up the fish and laid some of them into the pot for the beginnings of soup, while the rest were speared on sticks for roasting. She then began hunting around the perimeter of the tree, trying to find herbs or edible plants she could recognize to add to the soup.

Vaeri seemed to perk up at the mention of Laluna needing new clothes, and she turned to look at her quickly. Marut offered before she could, but she spoke up. “I can help, especially if there's a loom. I make the clothes in Sorrow's End...and I have my needles with me, and some thread. What is leather though? I've never heard of that kind of fabric.”

She looked out the corner of her eye at Tomi. He seemed quite skilled with woodwork, and she wondered if she could ask for his help in creating it, especially if she could give him guidelines on how to create it. She'd had to make her own looms a handful of times and repair them enough to know their designs. But now where to get thread to make her fabrics..? Perhaps she could find moth's cocoons to make moth fabric.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »

Moondrop chuckled at this unexpected response. "Yes, I guess they are pretty."

That didn't answer the question of what she was to do with them, though. She certainly didn't want to be stuck like a sitting hen waiting for them to hatch, or risk trying to move around with them stuck in her clothes, but unless she wanted to slip them back to the woods to await their fate, she would need to keep them warm and protected. And she was still curious about what would emerge.

Staring blankly at Tidemist tending to her pot over the fire while she pondered this, she had an idea. Sneaking into human camps at night while they slept, she had noticed how the rocks of their firepits would hold warmth for long after the fire had died down. Maybe she could devise a way to keep the eggs warm while still having her freedom.

Moondrop found a place where the tree roots created a little pocket and filled it with grass and leaves creating her own little nest, then placed the eggs in. Using her scrap of leather to protect her hand, she touched the different rocks around the fire until finding one she judged to be around the right temperature for what she needed. She tucked the rock in the root pocket a little ways away from the eggs, then unfurled her cloak and set it gently over the top, leaving a few air holes as that seemed like a good idea. Now she would just need to remember to return and replace the rock before it cooled too much.

Then she leaned back and sighed, happy to have full use of her arms again.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:24 AM »

Marut hurried to his bag and took out some simple cloth, various colors of gray and brown, one almost red... then he took the leather and pondered a moment...

"Yes, I think there is enough of it!... and... Leather is this..."

Marut turned to Vaeri and keeping the leather in front of him...

"it depends on the animal how thick the leather is... and I can leave fur on it to make it softer and warmer... like these I'm wearing..."

Marut nodded at his patchwork jackets fur collar...

"Maybe we could work together!..."

He got excited once again!...

Moondrop put the eggs to their new nest and knew it would take some time till the rock cooled down, she had plenty of time to do what ever she wanted at the meantime... Rustle followed her and looked the nest she made and blinked her eyes...

"you hid them so no one would find them? that is clever... I do that too..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »

"Er...hide eggs?" Moondrop asked uncertainly. "Or hide...other things?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »

"Yes! I hide many pretty things! Things I have found... maybe I will show them to you one day!... because, you are like me... animal blood runs in your veins... you cannot be tamed... and these others... don't quite understand you for it..."

Rustle looks at the others a sadly, she wants to know them. but fears rejection, thing she has felt many times before and it shows on her freckled face that is framed by her copper hair... the beast can be seen in the gold of her eyes, her pupils small in the daylight...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

Vaeri moved forward to meet Marut as he brought the leather and felt it curiously. Yes it was fairly soft, though much thicker than any of the thin fabrics most commonly used in the desert. She was a bit surprised to hear it was animal skin, and felt a moments hesitancy before she accepted it and pushed it out of her mind. “If she wants the fur. If not, then I hope it can be trimmed off...” Her fingers stroked again, experienced and sensitive fingers that noticed what her eyes could not. “Or perhaps scraped. This skin has been scraped with something.. I wonder if that would it thinner? Let me see it, please.” She took the leather from Marut and examined the length of it, glancing from the skins to Laluna.

She seemed all business now, measuring the girl with her eyes. “Yes...i think perhaps this should be enough for a short dress...though it'd be very short. Perhaps it'd be better to make some kind of top and shorts. What would you prefer, lass?”

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2017, 01:21:07 AM »

It's Monday again! time for another Group activity! Huzzah!

Suddenly a small gust of wind carries leaves of a different tree and pieces of papery bark, colored black and white, the wind also carries flowery smell with it, Laluna notices the scent to be from clovers, what can be used for medicine but there is something else mixed in the scent... Marut looks at the Bark and leaves, they are from the birch tree, that is for sure...

Your group must roll 13 to find this area!
Success! you managed to roll 16! you found the Birch forest!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:31:20 AM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »

Marut's thoughts turn from the bark back to the leather...

"Yet it can be scraped thinner and softer, or it can be made hard like armor by boiling and drying it..."

Tomi leaves the bonfire and walks to the dreamberry place and smiles happily... he clearly has something on his mind...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:46 AM »

(group dice roll: 5! Yayyy!)

Laluna looked from Marut to Vaeri, surprised to hear that she too was skilled in making clothes. She felt a bit weird to be under such a measuring stare, but the dark-skinned elf clearly seemed to have a great passion for what she was doing. Laluna was pleased to hear that there were so many who had knowledge in clothmaking.

"I'd be glad to see and learn from you two, if it's alright. I like working with leather, but I'm afraid my skills are lacking." she smiled.

"Do you think there would be enough for a skirt and a top?" she asked Vaeri.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2017, 05:42:16 AM »

(Group roll = 2)

Moondrop followed the other elf's gaze to the group across the clearing. Things seemed to have calmed down now. The injured elf had been clean and her wounds dressed. Now they were all examining scraps of leather, to fashion some sort of clothing, Moondrop assumed. Moondrop didn't know much about making clothing, didn't burn her food, and definitely couldn't float! But was she really that different?

She yawned widely. It had definitely been an unusual day. Days were for resting. The sunlight suddenly felt harsh and her head heavy. She would close her eyes, just for a minute...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2017, 06:16:48 AM »

"Sure! that would be nice! we could all learn things together!..."

Marut was extremely happy about forming a some sort of leaning group, he clearly took joy in teaching and learning new things... Marut takes a big needle used for leather-working and showed it to Vaeri...

"This is used for leather, it is bit different than sewing needle, but the idea in using it is basically the same..."

Tomi returned from the dreamberry patch and also had some sand from the bank with him. Tomi sat down and started to crush some inedible plants happily with two rocks...

Moondrop tried to doze off until Rustle decided to sleep in the exact same spot, partly on top of her...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2017, 07:02:20 AM »

Tidemist paused in her hunt, having been able to find some herbs for the soup, but had no luck with the vegetables yet. She smelled the air and tilted her head  a bit, wondering where it was coming from, and if it would help her in her search for edibles.

(Group roll: Tidemist rolled a 6!)

Vaeri listened to Marut, nodding some. “If my needles cannot handle it, it may need to be scraped thinner then...That should be interesting. I'm sure she does not need armor.” She heard Laluna's question and frowned musingly, feeling the leather a bit more. She looked over at the pile of ruined clothing and walked to it, picking it up as she looked it over. Surely it would yield useful scraps, enough to make it doable. And she seemed to prefer mix and matched colors anyway judging by this dress.

“Yes, I think it is possible I could make a top and a skirt from this. It may be a bit tight of a stretch, but I could do it.” She smiled, a bit kindly, then looked at Marut, looking with mild interest as he showed the leather needle. “I think it should work with my threads if needed.” Again she cast an appraising and critical eye at Laluna, trying to decide best which threads would work.

“I will need a blade, or scissors before I begin. Does anyone have some?”

(Group roll: Vaeri rolled a 3)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:18 AM »

Laluna watched and listened intently to Marut and Vaeri's discussion. Laluna was happy that the two would be teaching her. She decided that she would repay the kindness to them someway.

"Scissors? What are they?" she asked Vaeri.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »

Moondrop momentarily stiffened at the unfamiliar feeling of another body so close to her, but the warm weight of it stirred long-forgotten feelings of being comforted and protected. Her eyes fell back shut as she snuggled in and drifted back to sleep.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

the mists clear from a place near them revealing a forest with flower meadows and interesting looking trees! it is a sunny place.

Marut looks at the clearing fog...

"Look! another area! now I'm sure there is something to hunt there! long ears most likely!..."

Tomi smiles and says...

"now we have a lighter colored wood to work with..."

He also motions Vaeri forward and hands her his knife...

"It is sharp, don't ye cut yer pretty fingers with it!..."

Rustle seems to drift to sleep as well, she also thinks night is a better time to be awake than day...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:53:46 PM by Berit »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2017, 12:02:27 PM »

Tidemist moved into the new area curiously, examining around for edibles and just taking in the general appearance. It was really quite beautiful, and she was glad to feel the sun on her again, though it wasn't as strong as on the beach.

Vaeri looked at Laluna and made a scissoring motion with her two first fingers. “Two thin blades attached at the joint like my fingers with two loops at the bottom to put your fingers through. They cut fabric very smoothly and easily. I didn't think to bring mine for some reason.” She noticed Tomi gesturing her over and she took the blade with a smile, murmuring softly just to him, “You may be concerned with my fingers later..” With those mysterious  words, she went back to her work, beginning to trace out the shape of the cut outs she would need.

She appraised Laluna again, murmuring to herself about styles and cuts, and began to work.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »

Marut also had to wander in the birch forest, happy to hear birds singing in the trees...

"there is something to hunt for sure!..."

Then he looked at the plants...

"I wonder what of these are edible or what we can use as medicine? I don't know much about that... but luckily some of us do!..."

Marut also smiles as sun shined softly through the branches and some bees and butterflies moved in the air...

Tomi was very surprised by Vaeri's silent words, then smiled widely and started carving furiously and happily...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:42:19 PM by Berit »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »

Vaeri was focused on her work, so much so she seemed to have completely forgotten the others. She didn't even notice when Marut wandered off. She was thrilled her golden needles were sturdy and sharp enough to work with the leather. She decided a bright purple would suit the elf, to match her bouncy hair and since judging from her old clothing, she rather liked the color. To make the skirt as long as possible, she decided on a simple enough halter styled top that tied in the front and edged part of it with stitched together strips of purple and grey leather from her old outfit.

Since she seemed so active, one wouldn't want a wardrobe malfunction in the middle of action, so she took strips of purple and gray leather and stitched them together into a collar that would go around the neck, tied with hidden threads on one end, and cut thin strips of purple leather to attach from the bottom of the collar to the inside edge of the top, to prevent it from flying open whatever she may do.

The lass had a good figure, so Vaeri decided on a V-shaped belt to accentuate on this, done with stitched together strips of purple to make it wide enough. She was pleased to find with the halter design, she had plenty for a nice skirt yet it looked bare. She realized she still had a good spot of grey leather back, so she cut a loincloth panel to stitch to the front underside of her belt with a hidden stitch. A touch of Sun Folk fashion for her.

And of course she couldn't let the girl go about barefoot like a savage. So she used the last of the leather to make slipper like shoes, decorated with a small strip of purple in the front. Sun Folk also believed in the old adage of 'waste not, want not', especially in the desert with rare resources, so she fixed up Laluna's old arm sleeves, the one was mostly alright and only required trimming close to the elbow to remove the charred bits. Her other was more damaged, and only a little of it was salvageable, so she restitched a strip of purple to the remaining gray bit and decided the asymmetrical effect would look pleasing to the eye with the coloring being the same.

She was certain she could have made something much more beautiful in her own home for the girl, but she decided with pride this was a success, even with the unfamiliar materials. She swiftly ushered the girl into the bushes to put on the outfit and was smiling with pride when Laluna stepped back out dressed in her leathers. “Well the fit is excellent, I was perhaps a little worried about that. You're so much slimmer than I'm used to working with.”

Tidemist meanwhile was enjoying exploring the edge of the new meadow. She had found more edible roots and herbs to put in the soup, and was marveling at the birch trees. She had never seen black and white trees like this! And their bark seemed so thin, it was curious. She was floating a little bit above the ground as she went around here and there, wondering if she would find anything interesting.

(Tidemist rolls a 3)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2017, 07:30:23 AM »

Laluna watched in awe how Vaeri skillfully turned the leathers and remaining bits of her old clothing into such a beautiful garment. Laluna was even more surprised how good the clothes felt on her, and she didn't remember when she had last time worn shoes. She swirled around, marveling the stitching.

"...Wow!" she exclaimed. "I don't think I've ever worn anything as comfortable as this. Thank you so much!" Laluna smiled, and spontaneously hugged Vaeri.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:35:20 AM by Czarine »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »

Vaeri watched with amusement as Laluna spun about and basked in the praise she had for her new clothes. Yes, Vaeri had accomplished what she always striven for, beautiful yet functional. But she was surprised when the girl suddenly hugged her and she blinked a bit, then smiled softly, patting the girl's back gently. She must be quite young, she thought, to be reacting with this much enthusiasm.

“You're welcome. I'm glad you like it, lass. Ah...what was your name? I never caught it. I'm Vaeri.”

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2017, 08:45:35 AM »

"Oh, I'm Laluna! If you ever wish to learn of healing, just ask!" she smiled.

"Speaking about healing, I smelled clovers just now..." Laluna sniffed the air. As she turned, she saw birch trees in the distance.

"It seems the mist has lifted a bit! That's odd. But I should stock up on herbs, before any more elves fall off trees..." she said to Vaeri, a bit embarrassed.

"Will you come with me? Maybe we can also find something that you could use for clothing material?" she suggested.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up