Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ fanart RPG!  (Read 61835 times)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: EQ fanart RPG!
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2017, 02:11:51 PM »

Laluna carefully stepped out of the dead fire. She looked up at the branches for a while, and then at her hand. She frowned, when she noticed it was covered in bird poo.

She turned her gaze to the foreign elves around her and felt embarrassed. She should've just gone to greet them right away...

"Uh, hi... I'm Laluna." she said. She felt an awkward silence creeping in...

Then she noticed Marut on the ground.

"What happened to you?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2017, 02:52:03 PM »

Tidemist gathered some algae, luckily it was very easy to collect but smelled horendous when scraped, like someone had eaten a bunch of rotten eggs and puked the out on sun heated rocks to cook! Luckily the smell only lasts a few seconds before the surface of the algae calms down... Tidemist has a nice amount, it is hard to imagine something so dreadful smelling being good for someone's burns...

At the tree, Marut finally sits up and rubs his head, painfull expression rising to his face he looks at Laluna and looks horrified...

"Y-you are burned! W-what happened?? W-who did this to you??... Are there humans who did this?"

The commotion had lured Rustle out from hiding too, she didn't dare to come too close but was clearly conserned as well...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »

Moondrop was feeling a bit overwhelmed. To go from her usually solitary existance to suddenly be surrounded by so many others was already an adjustment, then to see one floating! Her eyes just about popped out of thier sockets. She hadn't even known that was possible. She had so many questions, but they would have to wait.

She felt bad that she couldn't be much help to the woman who had fallen. She had mostly only seen fire from a distance. She didn't know how to start one, much less how to help someone injured by one.

She was glad to see that Marut was recovering, and didn't know what else she could do for him other that what time could do. But maybe she could get him some water. She turned to find the bladder she carried in her travel cloak, and was surprised to see a head pop out of a nearby pile of wood. Another elf!?

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »

Tidemist scrunched up her face in disgust at the smell, but soldiered on. When she had as much as she wanted to get, she put it in her stone pot, and carried the whole thing through the waterfall, shaping the water so it parted for her, and wouldn't fill the pot and possibly wash out the algae. She quickly made her way back to the tree and lighted down. “I got it! We just need to get a fire going, and get this algae out, so I can put water in and it can start heating.”

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2017, 01:52:19 AM »

Tomi turns to start another fire, he looks at Moondrop...

"takes a lot to get used to, having lots of elves around..."

He noticed she found the amount of things happening a bit chaotic...

"I'm glad ye are sticking with us, lass..."

The female elf staring at them from the bushes let out a strange fox-like scream and clearly observed what the others make of it...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »

Tidemist gathered the algae out of the pot and looked to Laluna for advice. “What do we do with it now?” She asked simply. She knew to trust those who knew better than you about things. Then there was a fairly shrill cry, which almost reminded her of a gull scream, which she had heard quite suddenly too often to be startled by. She tilted her head, looking up towards the sky, half expecting to see one and blinked to see an empty sky. Then she looked towards the others, wondering if they had heard it as well, though how could anyone miss such a noise?

Vaeri was watching everyone and hanging back a little, not wanting to crowd too much around the injured. If it were open wounds, she could of stitched the injured elf up, and she had always used soothing oils and creams for any sunburn she might have incurred, though those were not too often used when a healer's hand was always near by. She was still a bit stunned about the floating elf, who went about like a bird.

Then there came the loud cry and she cried out herself as well. Who knew what kind of horrid animals could be in this green growing place?! She wasn't entirely sure why, but her instinct drove her to rush to Tomi who seemed the most tolerable of the crowd, and whom she couldn't help noticing did have a rather pleasing muscular figure, and grabbed his arm gently with her soft brown hands, looking rather frightened. “What was that?!” She cried again, more softly this time as she looked around fearfully, wondering if something was about the leap from the leafy shadows.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2017, 11:52:57 AM »

Marut fusses over Laluna and Tidemist about the algae and the injuries, he helps Tidemist move the algae to a piece of tree bark that could work as temporarity bowl, then he gets stunned by tve stench of the algae, it seems his sense of smell is good enough to make him dizzy from the smell...

Tomi twiches in a little fright after hearing the horrifying scream but is more surprised by Vaeri seeking shelter from him. He gently pats her hand with his woodwork roughtened hand...

"All is well mi desert rose... It just sounded like a fox... Harmell to adult elves but might snatch a cubling from out midst... I wont let any harm to reach ye..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2017, 12:30:12 PM »

Moondrop smiled gratefully at Tomi's kind words, feeling a little better about her situation.

It was strange to hear a fox cry in the day, but Moondrop didn't pay much attention to it. If she had been alone, she would probably have taken cover, wondering what the warning was about, but any predator that had scared the fox would certainly be scared away by all this noise, if that wasn't the reason for the scream in the first place.

She had retrieved her water bladder and offered it to Marut. "Would you like a drink?"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:48:51 PM by Jeb »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »

Rustle smiled a little as no one acted aggressively towards the noise, she felt she might be able to trust this group, danced a little in the edge of the field as a happy but mentally unstable child and vanished in the mist...

Marut looked at Moondrop clerly out of balance, thanked her and took the water but he stood there dazed and soon the algae's stench also burned Moondrop's nosdrills like a stab from a heated knife!..

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »

Quickly clapping a hand over her nose, Moondrop staggered back a couple of steps. Eyes watering, head shaking, and a sour taste rising from her stomach, she shot the others an apologetic look, then took off to find a quiet place to get some fresh air or be sick.

(Dice roll - 2)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2017, 04:22:50 PM »

Moondrop rushes near the edge of the mist when suddenly her eyes saw oddly shaped rocks, then as she took a closer look she found them not to be rocks at all but a nest filled with eggs! She had not seen eggs like these before...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2017, 08:59:36 PM »

Vaeri looked utterly bewildered when Tomi said it was only a fox. Was it like the fennec foxes of the desert, or another creature all together? But she believed him when he said it was no harm to adult elves and when he patted her hand, she clasped his gently in her own. She gave him a small smile of gratitude before she let go of his hand and stepped away. She mildly chided herself mentally for interrupting him from starting the fire, which was to help the injured girl. But she had an idea of how she could make it up to him later, and show her gratitude.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2017, 03:57:28 AM »

the fire was lit and it was a task to heat water without having proper pottery for it, Marut says to Tomi...

"you really need to make some things for situations like these... I will... do my best to provide the wood..."

Tomi nods he is thankful but also a bit worn out about the thought of how many things he has to carve...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2017, 06:54:48 AM »

Moondrop paused to take several deep breaths of the fresh air, clearing the noxious smell from her head, then approached the nest warily. She knew from experience that things that laid their eggs on the ground tended to defend their nests quite viciously. In fact, mostly they didn’t leave their nests at all. Where was the momma bird? Someone’s meal, maybe the fox they heard earlier?

Moondrop gave a mental shrug. Their bad fortune meant some good fortune for her. Her stomach was still a little queasy from the stench and still full of fish, but maybe the others were still hungry, or could at least tell her more about the bird that made this nest.

Trying to disturb the nest as little as possible, she pulled a few of the eggs, wrapped them in a small piece of leather lest they break and tucked them into her gathering pouch with a couple of the more useful, larger feathers that had fallen nearby. If they were lucky, maybe momma would return and lay a few more little gems.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:48:05 PM by Jeb »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »

Tidemist heard Marut and turned, gesturing to the stone pot she had. “This can boil water! It's thin shaped stone from one of my rockshapers. It's thin enough the water can easily heat it, and the handle helps to prevent your hand from being burned.” She smiled and set aside the ready algae mixture. She took up her pot and made a quick flight to the stream and scooped up some water in her pot. She noticed the fish she had left on the ground and scooped them up as she flew by, and came back to the tree and the rest of the tribe, and plunked the nearly full pot on the flames to begin heating.

“I would never travel without my pot. It's so easily to make soup for a meal, and you can put anything in soup. And I brought fish!” She said with a smile as she took the fish a small distance from the tree, far enough the smell shouldn't bother the other elves, but close enough she could see and hear them still. Using the blade from her spear carefully, she began gutting and scaling the fish.

(her pot is big enough to hold nearly two quarts, which is right at the very top of the rim. So it is currently holding 6 cups of water.)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »

The eggs are still warm to touch so they are most likely alive and well... But Moondrop sees no mother bird anywhere, maybe the bird truly did die.. Without the mother the eggs would never hatch and for reason or another it felt sad seeing them so helplessly lay there, waiting for cold or some critter to kill them... Then Moondrop noticed movement in a egg she was holding! Something is big enough to move inside the frail shell...

Marut looked at Tidemist and smiled, still a little woozy from the algae smell but getting better...

"Thank you for letting us borrow it... This will make things so much easier!..."

The water was heating nicely in the pot and Tomi was watching the flames and continued making the bowl, it had taken shape nicely... Marut walked to Tidemist...

"Say, there is mud and clay in the bank.. Sometimes humans made hard bowls and things from it... I... Do you know how they do it? Your pot is so smartly done I wonder if we could copy the design in clay pots? Do you think it could work?..."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 01:13:16 PM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2017, 07:54:17 AM »

"I don't know how I slipped so badly. Maybe there's a bird that has a bad stomach problem, judging by the amount of poop on the branch..." Laluna said to Marut, while trying to wipe the remaining filth off her hand.

"...but I don't know if I've ever landed on top of another elf and cooking fire before." she sighed. "This isn't my day, clearly."

Laluna looked at Tidemist, and thanked her for bringing the algae. Judging by the smell, they were just perfect for a salve.

"The algae smells bad at first, but if we add some water to it, the stench shouldn't stay this strong. The algae just needs to be crushed and mixed with water to make a coarse paste." she gave instructions as best she could. "It will help keep infections away, and it should also soothe the skin."

Tidemist's enthusiasm brought a smile to Laluna's face, despite the unfortunate condition she was in. Tidemist seemed to know how to lift others' spirits.

Laluna heard Marut talking to Tomi about preparing for emergencies.

"If there's enough water to just wash my wounds, it should be enough." Laluna didn't want to be the cause of too much hassle to anybody. "I don't think we need a tub, anyway."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2017, 09:11:51 AM »

At the sudden evidence that the eggs were close to hatching, Moondrop revised her intentions. No longer thinking of a meal, and curious what would happen next, Moondrop picked up the remaining eggs and deposited the whole clutch under her shirt against her skin supported by her arm held closely to her side. She could feel the small vibrations thrumming against her as she hurried back to the others.

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »

“Clay?” Tidemist looked up a bit from the fish, nearly half way done through her task. “I...well I've never shaped clay. My tribe has a rockshaper, and he made the pot for me. He made all our cooking pots. I wish he were here...it's strange not having magic users nearby...” She looked momentarily disturbed  but it passed. “I suppose it's worth a try. But I don't know anything about that type of thing.” She turned slightly as Laluna began speaking and spoke back. “The water is nearly heated. Give me a moment to finish and I'll come wash your wounds. And we'll wash that scat off your hand.” Her voice took on an amused tone. “There should be enough water for both.”

Vaeri looked up at the mention of clay and pottery. “I know a little about making pottery. I'm not very good at it, but I've seen them being made and fired. I could try my hand at it, perhaps.” In an mental voice, she added, 'it'd be good to have some civilization in this savage place!'

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »

Tomi had to be the one to make the salve as Marut got so dazed off the smell he couldn't have been the one, the algae really didn't smell that bad when mixed with water, the stench faded a way... it was time to clean Laluna's wounds and hand, a task Tomi let other female elves do. Marut didn't mind the nudity, he actually paid no attention to it as all... Marut was happy at Vaeri's mention about clay...

"You know something making things from clay?? that is great! maybe you could teach me as well, as I've always wondered how sun folk made their pots!..."

then Marut suddenly went shy...

"I mean... if you... if you want to teach me... it would be nice..."

Moondrop arrived at the great tree with shaking eggs inside her shirt, soon they would see what the chicks would look like!...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »

Tidemist finished with the fish and brushed her hands off a bit. Then she stood and went over to the pot, looking at it and dipping a finger it. It was nicely warm, just beginning to get a little too hot. She motioned her hands and lifted the water out of the pot. She floated it over to Laluna, and after a little swishing in the air to cool it down slightly, she set the water around her arms and hands and set it swirling gently, like a soft current, watching the debris come off in the water. Her focus became entirely set on using her watershaping to manipulate the warm water for Laluna's cleaning.

Vaeri nodded a bit graciously at Marut. “You may watch, if you like. But as I said, I'm not very good at clayshaping. But I suppose I can figure it out nice...ly..” Vaeri trailed off, staring a bit stunned at Tidemist, her mouth falling ever slightly open. She had seen rockshapers, who could make rock flow like water, but she had never seen an elf who could manipulate water in the same manner! And what an elegant way to clean the wounds without cloth to spare.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2017, 12:59:55 PM »

Laluna carefully stripped the remains of the burnt clothes off herself. They were in total ruin. She smiled at Tidemist's amusement. Laluna was certain that she would hear of this ordeal for many days to come...

Laluna watched curiously as Tidemist bent the water to her will. She had never seen anything like it! She wondered, what other kind of abilities this mer-elf had. The water felt hot on Laluna's burnt skin, but she withstood it, squeezing her fingers to a fist. The flowing of the water didn't feel that bad, it actually felt softer than any leather Laluna had felt. She closed her eye for a moment (the other was already swollen shut).

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »

Moondrop, too, watched Tidemist's water-shaping with fascination but was still mindful of the shaking eggs she held close and warm to her.

She was starting to have misgivings about her impulsive decision to take the eggs with her. Whatever was in here would come out hungry and needing tending, a chore she was sure she didn't want. But if she didn't care for them, what else was she to do? Leave them somewhere to die? Eat them?

She felt fairly sure the eggs were from some kind of bird, crawly scaly things usually had leathery eggs, not hard shells like these. But what if the feathers had only been the remains from one of momma's past treats? What if the things wriggling to be free against her had cold skin and pointy teeth?

She looked glumly at the others. She would love to ask for help in identifying these mystery eggs, but didn't want to disturb the important work they were doing.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

Laluna's burns were taken care of and Tomi only watched and carved the bowl, he also wondered about the power he saw. for reason or another, Marut just smiled at Tidemist happily he looked at Vaeri...

"Thank you, I promise I won't be in the way of you clay works ..."

Tomi said...

"I remember humans burning clay in fire to make it hard... the fire was in a thing some of them called an oven..."

Moondrop heard female voice ask...

"what did you find?..."

The strange elf maiden who had taken her distance looked at her with yellow, beastly eyes...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »

Moondrop was startled to be suddenly addressed by yet another new elf, but quickly relaxed. This was turning out to be a very strange day. She was starting to feel like it was a dream and just about anything could be expected.

She reached in and pulled out one of the eggs for the maiden to examine.

"I found these today. I think they are close to hatching, but I've never seen eggs like this before. Do you know what animal they are from?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up