Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 590707 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #525 on: December 30, 2011, 06:51:05 AM »

Aw, that's good to hear! Thank you for the news.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »

I just want to say in a blanket way, this is tremendously exciting, and I agree, the results are really spectacular.   ;D 

Thank-you to Windrider and Foxeye for all your hard work so far... and still to come with the next two calendars!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 30, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »

This was a big job (and still more to come) but it was so worthwhile seeing the creative energy this project inspired.  I think everyone rose to the occasion and produced some of their best work ever.  Some of the artists in particular used this as an opportunity to really get into the study of drawing figures, especially in unusual poses, and the results show their dedication.

I want to give a special thanks to those who stuck with me these last frantic days to get last minute grid art done - and especially to Foxeye, who had to organize this colossus on the site once I got it to her - and continues to work to get it ready for publishing at Lulu.

Those who created new art especially for the grids in the 2012 calendar, please post them in the gallery now so you can get comments, too!

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #528 on: December 30, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »

These are all beautiful!! Kudos to everyone for their lovely pieces, and extra kudos to Windrider and Treefox for putting everything together!

I've only gotten a chance to glance at each entry on the formatted calendar for now, but I'm hoping to have time to hit the gallery and comment on the pieces over the next few days.

Jeedai

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 30, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »

I have to say (as I am madly working on my last two entries) that the 2012 calendar looks fantastic. Thanks to Windrider and Foxeye for all their hard work. Although I know that there are two more calendars coming I am a little sad to think that we'll be caught up on calendars until 2014, my hand will miss being curled into a claw (next year) from working on my tablet for so many hours. :'(

By the way, everyone did such lovely artwork for 2012, I can't wait to see what's next.

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »

Work has made me late to the party!  But I will add another resounding chorus of "omgomgomgomgomg!" along with everyone else.  So many styles and colours and just insane talent.  I am so happy this has come to be and I look forward to seeing the next two years worth as well!

Thank you to all the artist for taking so much of their time to put their heart and soul into these pictures so we can all enjoy them and be caught up in the artwork ^_^  

And thank you to Windrider and Foxeye for all their effort to put these calendars together.  It must be a lot of work, but you have to be enjoying seeing all this wonderful art  :D

I also want to thank Windrider for all her encouraging emails as I sent her my WIP's.  It helped me get through as I attempted new forms of colouring.

And now I am off to oogle at the gallery and leave comments =D

Edit - One thing I noticed that no matter how many entries there are I don't really see a repeated pose.  That is pretty amazing and shows the creativeness everyone had.  Amazing!  :o
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:05:54 PM by branchscamper »

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #532 on: December 31, 2011, 06:28:28 AM »

Oh my, Windrider, I'm so sorry for all your hardships and for losses *hugs* I hope life becomes a little calmer for you and yours *hugs again*

The calendar looks wonderful! Really fantastic work, everyone!

LaMara

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 31, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »

Me too wanted to say that I'm in awe from such wonderful art! The calendar is epic indeed, I couldn't even imagine it! It's gorgeous! I must pick up my courage and comment on the art because I have so many feelings =)

I wanted to thank Windrider and Foxeye again for their support and kind words! With all the work on the calendar, and entries, and real life, it's amazing how they've found time and kind words for, I'm guessing, everyone who needed it!

Can't wait to see more, too! So much love, creative and positive feelings this calendar is giving!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 31, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »

Just a reminder to those of you who like to post their calendar entries on Deviant Art, and other places:  Please remember to include a link back to the page with the calendar!

Oh yeah, if you made pinups for more than one year, only post your 2012 ones!

Larialoyla

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 01, 2012, 01:26:57 AM »

Wow! I'm so impressed by all the fantastic artwork! And what an enormous task trying to put it all together! *big round of applause for everyone*

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #536 on: January 01, 2012, 07:40:36 AM »

AYOOOH! People, you are AWESOME! *dancing mad*
It's nice to be back home to find such a huge amount of pretty art! There can't be a better way to start this year!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »

HI all! i was just on deviant art i saw some layouts that say they are submissions for the fan art calendar. If your art was submitted for the fan calendar but was not in the 2012 layout please delete other entries  that have been posted other places. After the full calendar is posted you can put them up but until then do foxy and Windrider the courtesy of following the calendar guidelines.

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 04, 2012, 12:33:37 PM »

Ohmigosh I am so late to the party but HUZZAH!  What a spectacular calendar, so many stunning pieces and I *love* the layout!  The additions to the grid are fantastic and give a fun element to the whole thing.  Wowzers.  I am completely blown away!

THANK YOU a bagillion times over to Windrider & Foxeye for their constant and unfailing work and support and all-around awesomeness.  Y'all rock somethin' fierce!

...Good lord I have got to buckle down on my other pieces now.  This is exactly the motivation I need!  Who needs real life when you've got such fantastic fan art goodness? :D

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 06, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »

Its looking like the 2012 calendar will be up for sale in a little bit (as soon as we get Richard's look-over first), so it is time for me to get serious about formatting 2013!  Those of you with 2013 pinups still in progress, you've been contacted!  I can't be too hard on you because my Aurek is still not quite done either.  ;D

Since I've mostly decided which art is in 2013, I spent some time pairing it up with bonus art, so I now have a list of characters for those artist who only have time to contribute a single pose.  I'd like to mention that I've done something a bit different with this list: I think it would be more interesting to include some of the untaken or even unnamed characters opposite better known characters who they relate to.  So I have given some choices instead of just the main character.

Edit:  Looks like I've got all the bonus art assigned to artists and we are almost good to go for 2013.  Stay posted for more bonus art needed for 2014 and I start pulling that one together.

Looking ahead, ones I know I will need for 2014 (not a complete list yet):

Adar
Foxfur
Nightfall
Zhantee
Rillfisher
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:27:27 AM by Windrider »

Windschatten

« Reply #540 on: January 07, 2012, 04:41:06 AM »

Hmm... when would you need the ones? Maybe I give it a shot if it's not to short a deadline.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 07, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »

The first list I need pretty soon, like this time next week.  But that should be doable if you only pick one or two characters.  Remember that the grid art is generally smaller than the pinups.

The second set you've got two weeks, maybe a little more.  I am expecting 2014 to be out at the end of January - depending of course on whether the artists doing pinups get theirs done on time!  2013, we are almost there, but about a third still missing for 2014.

Windschatten

« Reply #542 on: January 07, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »

Ah bad.. I think that's probably to close for me :/ I'd needed time to find my way into the characters since I know the most by sight but not exactly by character. Too bad but before I make promises I can't keep.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #543 on: January 09, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

I'll be sending you a couple of sketches of Dodia, Ruffel and Stormlight (Tanner's lifemate) in a few hours. Perhaps one more character as well.

EDIT: Make that tomorrow xD
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:25:52 PM by Wildfire »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #544 on: January 09, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »

Its looking like the 2012 calendar will be up for sale in a little bit (as soon as we get Richard's look-over first),

While waiting for Richard's reply I ordered a "proof" copy for myself.   I'll let everyone know when I've gotten that proof, and if I'm happy with it. There's a lot of margin for error with Lulu, since they don't hold your hand and this is my first time preparing a document for publication, so I'll be biting my fingernails anxiously until I see how it turned out.

Finnguala

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART gallery
« Reply #545 on: January 10, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »

So I still need to finish a piece (Rain) for the 2014 calendar, when exactly is the deadline for that one? I've read different things now, I believe. I hope it's February... :<

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

I'd like to try to get the 2014 calendar out by Feb 1st, so try to get me entries for that year before then!   ;D

Edited to add:  Anyone who thinks they can get a full pinup done in three weeks, please PM me!  There are characters in need of an artist and still holes where we need pinups in 2014!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:03:13 AM by Windrider »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #547 on: January 11, 2012, 03:40:53 AM »

Brownberry is looking good, already in colouring phase! If I get her ready this week, I could take another character, or then some bonus art. But that depends on how she behaves. :D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 11, 2012, 05:35:36 AM »

I'm crazy. A part of me REALLY want to draw a pin up of The Bone Woman...
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »

I'm crazy. A part of me REALLY want to draw a pin up of The Bone Woman...

Oh High Ones, DO IT! :D
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27   Go Up