Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 589239 times)

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »

I'm gonna get mine all done. :D
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 17, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »

If the deadline would get extended for a two-year calendar then I also would be more than willing to take on more characters. :lol

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #352 on: November 17, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »

I haven't had much progress on my 'stump, mostly 'cause I've moved back to my parents' for a while (I've got a practical training phase from school), and because the action pose is frustrating me. But I will fight it through!

nilla

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2011, 05:46:43 AM »

Action Pose (actually reclining): Very nearly done.
Bahahaha! The only action pose I'd been able to think up for her at the time would be her trying drag up a man into a tree. :lol
Sad to say, but she  never did made a good first impression on me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:18:59 PM by nilla »

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2011, 09:26:39 AM »

I am coloring Joyleaf, now. I have 2/3's of Leetah's inks done, but I have one final image for her to do before I jump into colors. But, I've got Joy's colors plotted out so I can switch back to working on getting the final Leetah pose done.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »

Actually, I have a quick question. I've seen Joyleaf's hair colored two ways, one where it's like Cutter's wheat blonde and then where it's like sunshine yellow blonde. Which is the...er...correct way to represent her hair color? Both instances of color change I've seen have been official WaRP colorings so...I'm not entirely sure which way I should go with this.

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »

There's probably no "right"; but personally  I've always seen her as more yellow blonde.
"Every year I dress less and less my age. Someday I'll be naked." ~ Dallas Good.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »

What works better with the color palette and emotion you fancy. ^_^  When Wendy herself has done different shades I take it as permission to follow my whims.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks, ladies! ^_^ *goes back to coloring* I've got Leetah's color palette set now, too. I just need to finish one more pose for her and then I can really get down to coloring these pages.

Jeedai

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

Bahahaha! The only action pose I'd been able to think up for her at the time would be her trying drag up a man into tree.
Yeah, going by the expressions on the faces Nilla drew, the "sexy" pose is the one with clothes on. :lol
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:40:54 PM by Jeedai »

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »

Actually, I have a quick question. I've seen Joyleaf's hair colored two ways, one where it's like Cutter's wheat blonde and then where it's like sunshine yellow blonde. Which is the...er...correct way to represent her hair color? Both instances of color change I've seen have been official WaRP colorings so...I'm not entirely sure which way I should go with this.

Out of curiosity, which was the official WaRP coloring that featured a color more like Cutter's?  I can't remember ever seeing that on Joyleaf.  My impression was always that her hair was the same color as Treestump's and Dewshine's (all in the family).

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »

Quote from: Eregyrn
Out of curiosity, which was the official WaRP coloring that featured a color more like Cutter's?  I can't remember ever seeing that on Joyleaf.  My impression was always that her hair was the same color as Treestump's and Dewshine's (all in the family).

*searches* ...this one:

http://joyleaf_22.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/pini_back25.jpg

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

The link doesn't work.... :(

Obi-Rak Kaeliri

• The Silent One
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire webcomic
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »

Copy the link in Kitt's post, and then when you click on the link and get the hotlink-prevented message, just paste the link again to your browser's address bar and hit enter. Should come up fine.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

I was able to see it, Kitt. :)  And yeah, I see what you mean.  I have a better scan of that piece on my computer, where the color looks a little brighter, but not by much.  What's used on Joyleaf in that collection of pastel portraits is noticeably more yellow than what she used to color Cutter's hair in the same collection.  So even when a 1-to-1 comparison can be made, Wendy seemed not to intend Joyleaf's hair to be quite the same color as Cutter's.

Also, other examples of Joyleaf art from that same year, colored by Wendy, show much more yellow hair -- such as the back cover of OQ #4.  I'm not sure in precisely what year Wendy painted colored the comics for the first OQ graphic novel collection, I think it was a year or two later, but that back-cover was colored contemporaneously with the pastel portraits collection.  So it seems to show that Wendy didn't necessarily intend Joyleaf to have Cutter-colored hair originally and just changed her mind later.

joselle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »

I also think there is a great deal of artistic license when coloring the characters. Cutter's hair, for example has been shown nearly white; and Strongbow started out as brown, then evolved into that nearly wine color, that he's been seen sporting recently.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2011, 03:32:03 AM »

Okidoki. I have only seen those pictures digitally, so I never knew the color to be different :-P ...got a little confusin' ;-) Okay! I have new colors down for her, then. Thanks ladies. :D

Mournsong

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 21, 2011, 03:40:00 AM »

I've been pretty quiet here, but I just wanted assure the calendar team that yes, I will have two entries ready before the deadline. I'm working on the colours now.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 21, 2011, 04:36:38 AM »

That's great! I'm looking forward to your interpretation of grown-up Pool and Sust. At least I am now not the only one who's basing their character design more on guesses and artistic freedom than on actual character pictures.  ;)

Mournsong

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2011, 05:08:58 AM »

Well, it's not the first time I drew them as grown-ups. Colouring them's a bitch, though.

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #370 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »

*stretches* OMG! I"m almost done with this piece! Just one more portion to color and then...submission!

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 21, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »

Just received my new batch of copics with the mail today, and a few of the markers conveniently solve my colour issue with Chot's shirt and upper clothes. I'd claim supreme foresight though I suppose it's more of a coincidence, but I actually ordered these before I took on Chot :D

I need to colour in his shirt in the action pose and the headband in the pinup - portrait is inked and ready for colours as well. I meant to have them all done yesterday but a sore throat surprise attack messed me up too bad to draw. I'll be done today or tomorrow ;D

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #372 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »

*collapses* Okay, one submission is complete! Gotta finish the next one...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2011, 06:04:58 AM »

:D It's wonderful that this year we have a mix of usual calendar participants and newbies.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2011, 10:54:43 AM »

Only about a week to go for the official deadline!   :shocker

However, since we won't need time for judging this year, if you need more time just let me know.  If you can send a "work in progress" image that would also be a big help, since that way I'll know the "feel" of your piece and can use the WIP as a place-holder during my calendar formatting.  This is a HUGE formatting job, guys, so help me out!

If anyone has a Facebook account, can you post a reminder about the deadline there?  A lot of our newbies learned about the calendar there and haven't been back here much since signing up.  (Foxeye and I think FB is the Dark Side and are no use there).
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27   Go Up