Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 590715 times)

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »

I had seen some of them, but not the ones of Rayek. And they're with the Go-back hat! That's my personal favorite out of his outfits.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

branchscamper

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »

So much inspiration!  I love the excitement everyone is getting into for this. 

So far I only have Longfin's closeup and part of her action shot.  I have the idea of the rest of the picture it's just making sure it turns out the way I want it to XD  Also I forgot I have to do these in full colour.  I've done b/w's for so long I think this will be the most challenging part haha

Okay back to drawing... 

ceruleanblue

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this forum.  I PM'ed Windrider yesterday with a request to draw a character but haven't heard back.  I'm concerned that my PM messages aren't going through.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Thanks for your help.

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »

nop not at all shes just busy she will get back to you soon=)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »

Yeah, on weekends she tends to get out and be active. The name "Windrider" in her case is somewhat literal. ;) You'll hear from her soon I'm sure.

Welcome to EQFA, ceruleanblue. :)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2011, 01:43:06 AM »

but if it is of use for anybody I'd like to remind you of the following pages
http://www.elfquest.com/fun/CharModels1.html
About that 1st page; please don't use those poses for the calendar. :o They've been so overly used that it's just boring to come across them anywhere. If you use 'm for character design or something, fine, but not the calendar please. I know it's not a contest this year, but if you have troubles coming up with poses, look through magazines or google something. You'll get more creative and original results that way, but still have the convenience of having an example.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:06 AM »

I thought more of it as a reference for proportions and body style. And faces, at least for the given characters.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2011, 02:05:28 AM »

True, that 2nd page looks really useful!
I only meant the 1st page, those RPG poses.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »

Yeah, on weekends she tends to get out and be active. The name "Windrider" in her case is somewhat literal. ;) You'll hear from her soon I'm sure.

Yep, this is true!  Folks gotta be patient and remember that some people like to get out in nature and not spend their weekends in front of a computer.  In fact, Foxeye will remember that prior to the start of this calendar project, I spent an entire month with no internet access, no phone, and no electronic devices of any kind.  :gasp:  Okay, not strictly true, since we had radar, GPS, and Marine Radio - but the Captain and I are quite capable of finding our way around the world's oceans with just a compass, a sextant, and dead-reckoning.  It wasn't hell - it was heaven!

Please remember also that I am averaging about 10 PMs received per day.  I try to be fair and assign characters in the order requested, but I also spend a bit of time trying to shuffle choices so everyone is satisfied with their picks.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:52:36 AM by Windrider »

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »

I think I am finally caught up with the PMs and things are slowing down a bit finally!  But I thought I'd post an update about the unclaimed characters, so they'd be easier to find.

So, not surprisingly, most of the characters who are left are male.  Quite a few main characters aren't getting too much love.  So these hunky guys still have a version or two left to claim:
Cutter, Mender, Pike, Scouter, Skywise, Rayek

These lesser known guys are also up for grabs:
Windkin in his blue jumpsuit, Kimo in his Forevergreen costume.  Sun Villagers Yurek and Shunshen.  Gobacks Yif and Vok.  A number of Wavedancers like Redcrest, Strand and Kroosh.  A couple interesting humans, Ikopek (Bee) and Khorbasi.  And a few High Ones: Aerth, Deir and Kalil.

The females available are more limited, but there's still a few:
Nightfall (Hidden Years outfit), Shenshen (Wolfrider-ish KotBW and also her new Searcher outfit), Yun and Krim as they appear in Wild Hunt, Urda (Kahvi's second in command), and Wavedancers Foam and Moonmirror.

There's also Blood of Ten Chiefs characters I don't know enough about to list.  Wendy included a beautiful elf maiden Murrel in the Lovemates calendar, paired with Timmorn.  I don't know anything about her, but she must be canon.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:15:10 PM by Windrider »

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2011, 02:26:33 PM »

I'm looking forward to hopefully finishing Willowgreen this week so I can take on Ikopek (if no one else has claimed him by then, of course).

... I feel like such an EQ Fan Art hipster right now ... all of my current claimed characters are among the lesser-known, and one of them is downright obscure. >.<

On a slighly-unrelated note, I did finally do a bit of actual, non-calendar EQ art so that I could have something in my gallery here (even if it is a quickie).

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »

... I feel like such an EQ Fan Art hipster right now ... all of my current claimed characters are among the lesser-known, and one of them is downright obscure. >.<

*bite lip and snicker* Now I want to add thick-rimmed glasses to my Windstone entry....

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2011, 07:01:14 AM »

*bite lip and snicker* Now I want to add thick-rimmed glasses to my Windstone entry....

... I'm seriously thinking of adding them to mine. After the calendar is out, of course.

It's kinda' funny ... I usually draw women, but I'm much happier with my Graywolf than I am with Willowgreen, and Zarhan is coming along really well too (his portrait, anyway). His hair is interesting, since they gave him a 'do that looks like some unholy union of Jareth the Goblin King, KISS, and a Final Fantasy character.   ... I can't help but tone it down a bit.

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »

Wendy included a beautiful elf maiden Murrel in the Lovemates calendar, paired with Timmorn.  I don't know anything about her, but she must be canon.

Murrel (Valloa) is Rahnee the She-Wolf's mom. :D
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »

His hair is interesting, since they gave him a 'do that looks like some unholy union of Jareth the Goblin King, KISS, and a Final Fantasy character.   ... I can't help but tone it down a bit.

Yeah, the artist made him look sickly thin, but I always imagined he would have a sort of gaunt, David Bowie like sexiness.  The hair... well, I think the High Ones and first born would have had difficulties maintaining their long flowing tresses in the harsh struggle for survival and Zarhan just gave up and let it become dreads.   ;)

Thanks Medea for some info on Murrel.  Is the Lovemates calendar the only image we have of her?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »

Thanks Medea for some info on Murrel.  Is the Lovemates calendar the only image we have of her?

She's also on this cover:

Mirror

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2011, 01:11:18 PM »

We get an early glimpse of Murrel in the Original Quest too: http://elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/OQ/OQ13/_Original%20ElfQuest%20-%2013_page=1#_28#

At least I suppose it's her, although unnamed back then  :)

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »

Yeah, the artist made him look sickly thin, but I always imagined he would have a sort of gaunt, David Bowie like sexiness.  The hair... well, I think the High Ones and first born would have had difficulties maintaining their long flowing tresses in the harsh struggle for survival and Zarhan just gave up and let it become dreads.   ;)

Yeah, David Bowie was what I was going for on the figure, and I'm just drawing the hair to look a little less teased. There's not enough product on the World of Two Moons to keep Zarhan's hair sticking up the way it does in the comic at that length.

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:06 AM »

I think Murrel might also be one of the elves on the cover of #13, if her hair was in dreads and she were wearing summer furs:

http://www.elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/OQ/OQ13/_Original%20ElfQuest%20-%2013_page=1#_1
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:51:34 AM by Multimedea »
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »

I just finished the sketch for my Nightfall full body shot and was flipping through the pages of the last issue of OQ. I couldn't help but being drawn in again and finding myself tearing up at the end. How can it be that it manages to do it after reading it for the millionth time? That truly is the magic of Elfquest for me, I guess.

Mist-eyes

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »

I just finished the sketch for my Nightfall full body shot and was flipping through the pages of the last issue of OQ. I couldn't help but being drawn in again and finding myself tearing up at the end. How can it be that it manages to do it after reading it for the millionth time? That truly is the magic of Elfquest for me, I guess.

I had the same emotions flipping through KOTBW every time each thinks the other is lost and then at the reunion... Elfquest is truly wonderful story telling at it's best.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »

I totally do that at any number of scenes, even when I'm just flipping through. 

Tevokkia

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Tev's DeviantArt
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2011, 04:47:24 AM »

I actually sat down and read everything from OC to Dreamtime this week (I had hurt my hand and couldn't draw) and was surprised at how often I teared up too, even after having read it so many times. The same scenes get me every time, although I notice that even more of the scenes involving children tear me up after having become a mother myself.

Wolfrider

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »

Hi, is it too late to claim Nightfall (Hidden Years)? I'd like to give that a try.

Failing that, Clearbrook, Ember and Leetah are on my list of pin-up possibilities.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2011, 05:47:55 AM »

Wolfrider, from my side it would be perfectly okay if you would draw Nightfall in her OQ outfit. I am going to draw the younger version of her, so the outfit from the issues 1-5, 6-8, 9-20 would still be available. I would be very happy to see you draw her!
Windrider, would you agree to this or would it be too much Nightfall?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Up