Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Poll

How many images should we show for recent items?

I don't care
- 1 (10%)
The current amount is good
- 4 (40%)
Moar! MOAR!!
- 4 (40%)
I don't care
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Items - how many?  (Read 5062 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Recent Items - how many?
« on: March 12, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »

The main page of the gallery, with the recent items, doesn't allow for multiple pages. So once something falls off, you need to start using Search, or look in User albums.

I've been pondering whether I should increase the number of items shown...but I have fast inter-tubes, so I thought I'd check with the rest of you.  Do you want more items on the front gallery page, or fewer, or...?

clsazekiel

• Treewee
  • Hur hur hur
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Items - how many?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »

Well Ideally I suppose a next page feature, but for the moment there aren't that many of us here, so going into the gallery to search is fine. I'd say leave it unless it becomes an issue later on :3

Multimedea

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 04:36:53 PM »

Yeah, I go along with clsazekiel. If it becomes an issue later on it can be changed. Maybe like having a link for New Items for the Last 5/10/30 Days?
The sorrow of the elves is that
The things they love must die...
(The Tree of swords and jewels waits for me)
Time withers all about them,
Yet the elves it passes by...
(When shall I hang my own upon the Tree?)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:15:18 PM »

I agree with Medea about being able to search for newly uploaded art, if that is possible, where you can request to see all new uploads from today, this week, or this month.  Will that work with this site setup?

You know what I miss?  Being able to tell how many comments a pic has just by looking at the info on the thumbnail.  I always like to read discussions about art pieces.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:20:03 PM »

I agree with Medea about being able to search for newly uploaded art, if that is possible, where you can request to see all new uploads from today, this week, or this month.  Will that work with this site setup?

The first part, in the most basic part, yes.  The "unseen" link (top-ish right on gallery) page shows you everything new. It includes both new images and old images with new comments. But you can't sort it by time period...it'll aaall be there. That functionality isn't included in this gallery yet, and is a bit too advanced for me.

Edit: Wait, no, that's not what you meant. You didn't mean new to *you*, you just meant new, as in this:

Maybe like having a link for New Items for the Last 5/10/30 Days?

That would be nice. That functionality isn't there yet :P, but I'll add this to my list of "requested enhancements", because I agree it would be nice to see.

You know what I miss?  Being able to tell how many comments a pic has just by looking at the info on the thumbnail.  I always like to read discussions about art pieces.

*cough* I, err, actually removed that. I thought there was too much "fluff" under the images. But I have added it back.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:47:00 PM by Foxeye »

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 06:55:13 AM »

How about a "random pictures" function displaying 5 or so random pictures? That way, even if it isn't a new item, it might get som extra attention. I think, once this site grows bigger, alot of the older pictures might "disappear".

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 10:03:38 AM »

How about a "random pictures" function displaying 5 or so random pictures? That way, even if it isn't a new item, it might get som extra attention. I think, once this site grows bigger, alot of the older pictures might "disappear".

Ohh, fair enough. That functionality already exists, thank goodness, so I just turned it on. 

Blackbird

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »

Just a suggestion, something I would like :) To be able to "favorite" an artist, or a pic, just for personal use, not for a popularity contest :)

Blackbird

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »

Just a suggestion, something I would like :) To be able to "favorite" an artist, or a pic, just for personal use, not for a popularity contest :)

This one wasn't suppose to end up in this thread, guess I'm not used to this forum yet, sorry.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »

That would be a wonderful feature, but may be beyond my own capabilities right now. I'll add it to my list, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up