Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 130890 times)

DestinysGift

Re: 2013 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »

I'm having troubles with getting started on this. For one, I don't do comics. They just aren't me, especially when they aren't my characters its hard to get the focus and personality right. But for the main thing, work and life are restricting, when I finally get rest, I'm needing to work on request art. I don't think I'd be able to submit a comic for the calender, and this isn't for lack of trying... Trust me, there are many scrapped sketches and things that just didn't work.

I might try again, see if I could come up with anything, but it is highly doubted. Sorry, Treefox.

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 08:42:44 AM »

I'll be honest -- there's certainly enough time left for me to get something done, so I'm not concerned about that, but... I just don't have any ideas.  I've been keeping the concept percolating in the back of my mind, hoping an idea would come up, but I've had no luck so far.   ???

I'm going to be renewing efforts to come up with something workable in the next week, but... well, if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to send me a message here!  Or an email.  Can't promise what will catch my fancy, but clearly, my brain needs a kick-start of some kind.

I'd prefer -- and this will be SUCH a shock, coming from me! -- something that involves the wolfriders from Bearclaw's time period.  And I'd prefer wolfriders, overall.  But will certainly consider anything at this point.

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »

That's really too bad, Destiny. Another entry that'll surely be missed badly.
Eregyrn, sent you a PM!

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »

I have one idea. My main problem isn't time really, it is execution.  :-[
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »

That's too bad Startear! If I weren't working on two entries already, I'd love to assist you. I don't like it, when a good idea gets wasted... :-\

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »

I'd prefer -- and this will be SUCH a shock, coming from me! -- something that involves the wolfriders from Bearclaw's time period.  And I'd prefer wolfriders, overall.  But will certainly consider anything at this point.

WHAT!? No...you...Bearclaws time...never. Haha, well you know what would be awesome, something with Bearclaw and the trolls, we only got to see a glimpse of that in the original comic but I can see some funny stuff coming from an interaction like that.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

I always said that a whole comic would be a bit much for me. As much as I liked the experience of the fanart calendars last year I remebered also how long it took. So as I said: I hope the people who voted so eagerly for "comic" as topic are also willing to contribute.
I already canceled EQ cal. things for me this year cause I guessed there would not be enough time. First to have a halfway good idea (which is probably the easier part), then to bring it to paper or pixel.

Besides, that was probably one of the most stressful autumns I had. And stress burns away creative enrgies. Summer was nearly no different. So even if I had started or intended to, I would not have been able to finish in time. I am not so skilled that I make up things in a few minutes. And most important for me is my leisure, my brain running free, no duties, no worries...
without it I can't really get creative. And sadly that I was missing a lot this year.
I though wish I had had the time to contribute.

Oh well. I hate stress.
But don't let anyone be dragged down by these words. :)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »

16 days and counting…

How is everyone doing with their entries? I have received emails or PM's from quite a few people updating me on their progress, which is very much appreciated.

Based on the work that has been sent in and the updates I think this calendar is going to be quite lovely.

Keep working and sending those calendar pages in, I want this year’s judges to have some work on their hands.  ;D

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

I just want to say that I am SOO happy and excited I have some thing to submit for the calendar this year. Due entirely to the amazing help of Treefox! She is not only wonderful to help but amazing to take a rough sketch and add wonderful coloring.  I cant even express how happy i am with it! I did tweek a few little things but with out her amazing help there would be NO entry from me. So a GIANT HUG and enormous thank you to the fantastical Treefox! I owe you a drawing of your choice m'lady!!!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20:42 AM »

I owe you a drawing of your choice m'lady!!

Oh, I'll take that offer!  ;D
Really, seeing how you "tweaked" my coloring has really made my morning! It's looking so brilliant and lovely. Thanks for letting me color your amazing art! Now I can also be happy that there will be an entry from you!
I still don't get that anyone can draw digitally like you do...  :hail

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »

There is only a week left to get me your calendar entries. Thank you to all of you who have handed yours in.  ;D I can't wait to see the rest of the entries.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

To those of you who still need to send your entries in please send them to me here: maggie2@mts.net

mischievous_valkyrie

• Wolf
  • life is what you make of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »

>.< I'm sad I wasnt able to get mine done  =< I've been in the process of moving so the ones I was working on got lost in my art files. but I'll find them and post them when they are done cause I did have fun with the concepts. best of luck to all who were able to enter I look forward to seeing all the lovely work.
Claim Victory in your heart and the universe will follow

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 05:16:31 AM »

It is too bad you couldn't submit anything but I know we would love to see your concept art.  ;D

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »

Good luck everyone! <3

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »

I WANT TO SEE THE CALENDAR!!! GIME GIME!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »

I so agree, but I think it will not be disclosed before December 31st, midnight.
I am totally excited!

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »

Luvs the excellent treefox

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »

Uh huh...the 31st at midnight...you'll have to wait till then.  ;D

silentleaf

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »

grumble

Twinkling Star

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

I hope world will probably exist next year :-)     It would be bad about the calendar... ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up