Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Challenge] Unforgotten Past  (Read 66622 times)

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
Re: Challenge - Unforgotten Past
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »

Thanks!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

AngelsEmbrace

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »

I'd like to participate in this event, but I'm afraid I can't get a good scan from the images I painted on the cave walls back when I started doing EQ art...  ;)

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »

LOL!

Noooooo way, you're just trying to duck out, your first stuff can't be all *that* older than mine - maybe by just a handful of months if that! lollolol
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

AngelsEmbrace

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »

Noooooo way, you're just trying to duck out, your first stuff can't be all *that* older than mine - maybe by just a handful of months if that! lollolol

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 03:25:58 AM »

LOL! Then you can't say it was on cave walls, hehee!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • Made by Meristide on Facebook
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 08:00:20 AM »

I can't find old pictures of cannon characters to scan :P
Shade and Sweet Water

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 08:07:15 AM »

Yeah, that's how old my first stuff is, too.  I didn't get introduced to EQ until I started college.

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 01:27:18 PM »

Oh! No, I was introduced to EQ when I was 8, the issue is that I felt I would mess up the cannon characters so I made my own characters and that is what I have a ton of in all my archives... and are they baaaad. :P
Shade and Sweet Water

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »

lol

These are the ones I scanned for my amusement and for everyone else's ... I used to get asked a lot what my art looked like when I first started and I would tell them - it looked JUST LIKE YOURS.

They would never believe me and I'd try to tell them honey I drew the same way at your age - we *all* go through the same steps by and large, don't compare the work I'm doing 30 years later, that's not being fair to yourself to do that. Finally I figured I'd just straight out SHOW them, yes i did the hands in pockets and behind the back trick and the feet behind a rock or tree or convenient tuft of grass or strangely deep puddle, we ALL do it to some extent or another.

so this was my little testament to the artist I was as a child: http://www.flickr.com/photos/faerydae/sets/72157607298261799/

I just send them to that set of mine on Flickr ... I know if I had seen that from someone whose art I liked, it would have been profoundly reassuring and even inspiring for me to see.

I have a thick old three ring binder with all my oldest of old stuff and so just scanned a few "choice" pieces. I can't be ashamed of ANY of it - it's a part of me and it helped me become where I am now, so I do treasure it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:04:29 PM by Faerydae »
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »

Wow, Faerydae, that is fantastic!  I love all your descriptions -- I'm reading along laughing and going "Me too! Me too!"  You're lucky you had fellow artist friends though... I was always the only one!

Anyways, those are adorable!  And you're right, we did all start the same :)  Maybe I'll make a temp Ancient Art folder here or something... it really does bring back some truly great memories doesn't it?  Thanks for posting those!

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »

I think I really was lucky.

I did eventually find her again and it's like we never fell out of touch - incredibly deep and healing and it's just really touching that we just kept on feeling the same way about each other after decades of being out of contact.

Hoping to make a trip to visit her this year - she's alllll the way down south and I'm alll the way up here - but it's just like a 8 or 9 hour drive so hopefully we will get around to finally having an eyes see with joy, hands touch with joy moment this year. :)

I'm such a freaking sentimental SAP. LOL.
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 05:53:13 AM »

I always seemed to gravitate towards the creative types myself. I felt like everyone was ahead of me in art. I just decided to challenge myself every day. I am always creating and always trying to push myself as an artist. I think I improved a ton when I started doing the comic, 'Contact Seperation'. I didn't think I would but since I started I learned new things like not being afraid to make some lines thicker than others and how to use panels to help the pace of the story
Shade and Sweet Water

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:08 PM »

This is such a great challenge.  There are times when an artist is banging their head against a figurative wall and thinks they are never going to improve and "get it."  It sure helps to look back and realize how far you've come!

When I was an illustration grad student, all of us who shared the grad studio decided to get together and put up a "show" in the display boxes in the hallway.  It was much like this challenge and we did it to encourage the undergraduates.  We picked out the oldest of our "art" we could find that had a similar subject to the illustrations we were currently doing.  Most of us found both childhood and teenage art and matched it up with something current.  Talk about hilarity value!

I've been racking my brain about how I can join this challenge.  I discovered EQ after I had already become a professional illustrator, so I don't have any immature EQ drawings.

But....

I did find some early wolf drawings.  It isn't exactly a redo like the rest of you are doing, but I thought I'd post it just for the fun value.  Is that okay?

Edited to add:  I can't figure out how to upload to the Challenge album.  Can someone explain how?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:18:14 PM by Windrider »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 09:18:09 PM »

Wolf drawings are always welcome. :D

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

Is there supposed to be a place to click "Add an Item to This Album" like there is for your own albums?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 09:39:27 PM »

Should be...check it again. I just fiddled with the permissions

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »

Thanks, that worked!

By the way, I dug up those early wolf pictures (along with all my other childhood art) because my nieces (age 4 and 8 ) were visiting the last few weeks and we drew a lot together.  The oldest was wondering if I always knew how to "draw so good" so I had to show her some art from when I was her age.  I also read the two of them Fire and Flight for the first time.  The first time the 4 year old saw Leetah she said "Princess!"  I don't know how much else she got out of the story, but my older niece was really into the wolf riding thing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:22:40 PM by Windrider »

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 07:38:29 AM »

I wish I had some old canon art, too... But I also drew my own characters from the start. Too bad, this is such a fun challenge.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »

Correct me if I misunderstood, but... you don't need to use only canon characters for this challenge.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 08:49:21 AM »

Afke is correct, it's any ElfQuest fan art :)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »

Good. :) And now I really need to start browsing my own folders for old art as well! Yesterday I came across some primary/gradeschool pictures. I didn't know EQ yet back then so they weren't useful for this, but it sure was fun to see them again. ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:06:38 PM by afke »

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »

Oh coolies! Then I'll have a look at my old drawings, too. I was very prolific back then, so finding something shouldn't be the problem. Only choosing one thing from the enormous mountain of drawings could prove difficult...

Kitt

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Kitt Mouri
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »

Ooooh! This sounds like a fun challenge!!

Chieftess Sorrell

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »

I would love to do this but the first Holt I was in closed in the 80s and my artwork from then has been lost in multiple moves over the years. I will try to scare up something somehow eventually. maybe from Loneoak which was the second Holt I belonged to. Let me see if I can find anything...
Chieftess Sorrell

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge] Unforgotten Past
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 06:20:45 AM »

Is it allowed to post more than one picture in a challenge? I just re-discovered something that would fit the challenge quite well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up