Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where do you play?  (Read 4938 times)

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
Where do you play?
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:19:11 PM »

Hello again everyone,

I was just wondering... where do you all play your characters? I've been looking over the various "Holts" listed on the official ElfQuest site and have found many of them to be defunct. Also, what format do you play in? Do you know of any that are run as a chat-based game or are they all play-by-email and that sort of thing? Just curious as I am interested in joining one but as of yet haven't found anything that looks like a match for me. Thanks! ^__^

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Re: Where do you play?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:01:30 PM »

I don't actively participate in a holt at the moment, but I can make one suggestion...look in the Holts subforum of this site at the holts listed there. :) The official forums at elfquest.com have a forum devoted to holts as well, which probably has more listed (though probably more that are inactive).

I know I see a lot of art being posted for River Twine, World of Danen, and...for some non-english holts whose names I can't remember how to spell (I know Afke and Silberschweif are part of active holts).

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »

Thank you, I will look into those! Though River Twine only has a few adoptable characters and they seem to all be male... I don't think I am up for playing a male character long-term. ^__^

Frozenleaves

• Zwoot
  • To hunt to howl to live free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:04:26 AM »

Hi aurianfae, welcome to elfquestfanart :)

The holt list at elfquest.com is indeed very old, so I thought I give you some newer ones.

Afke made this list:   http://afke11.com/frozenrain/holts/

A newer list at the boards of elfquest.com:

http://elfquest.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=7272f456f14e61868695135934ecb812

Hope you will find a holt for your creativity.
To hunt, to howl to live free.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 04:10:37 AM »

It's been a while since I updated that list. :-[ Sorry if it has dead links.

Oh, for everyone; please replace any link you have of me with afke11.com by afkevanherpt.nl
At the moment they both work, but coming half september afke11.com will stop.

As for holts, I used to be in a lot of forum based holts (I prefer those over email based, where multiple topics cross each other over and over, there's no summary), but I don't have time for it anymore.
I am still a member of my own holt and it's sisterholt (or more like a cousinholt, 'cause it's run by my cousins ;)), but we no longer have a forum. We are going to combine the 2 into 1 holt and make it a personal project with a public website. So I'm more in a brainstorm version RPG right now, and I mostly only draw my ideas in stead of writing them down.
I have done a few chatsessions in my holt as well, and that was always a lot of fun! Perhaps I could do one of those again, but they're always very intense.

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:15:53 AM »

The main reason I ask about the chat-based is because I was playing on a D&D chat but I prefer ElfQuest and roleplaying to hack n' slash, but I do very much like the format of it. If I could find something like that, even one that met on a regular basis to roleplay I would prefer that to an e-mail based system. Anyways, thanks for the updated links, I hope that I can find a home with one of these places!

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »

By the way, the "Get a Holt" area at Scroll of Colors also, to the best of my knowledge, only features active Holts at the moment.

We have a couple of options that we recommend to folks who may be interested in River Twine, but don't feel like they can connect with a male character (or, any of the present adoptables, regardless of gender):

-- we have a "Reader Member" option, that allows folks to comment on the website, and also full access to our messageboards (for voting, and to participate in discussions).  The other main perk of this is that should a character become adoptable (through a member leaving, or by other means), Reader Members are given a 1-week first crack at them, before they are announced as publicly available.  Recently, Foxtail became adoptable, and one of our RMs snapped her up.  So it's a good option for folks who are "waiting for" other adoptable options. 

-- of course, we'd like folks to have a genuine interest in whichever character they adopt!  But we do allow character-switching (depending on availability, of course).  So if someone winds up adopting a character, but just can't "click", that does become an option.  (While we'd like to see people doing art or fic for their own character, River Twine also encourages people to write stories and do art for others' characters, too.  So, the character you adopt doesn't restrict what you can do.)  We had a couple of members switch to some recently-available child characters, and we knew it wasn't because they didn't love the characters they had, it was just that the child characters appealed to them even more.  So that's certainly one way for people to bide time waiting for other characters to become available.  (We'll have more children able to be adopted next summer.)

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »

Thank you for the information on River Twine. I have thought about joining for a while (I know Ellen through Portrait Adoption) but just have not gotten around to doing it. I'm a bit intimidated by previous history created by other members on characters that exist already, but I will think some more about trying it out as a Reader Member. :-)

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »

I currently play at two holts, Shadow Wood Holt and Thunderwater Holt - both places have a few adoptles left as far as I recall (though this is probably late info anyway)

Shadow Wood Holt combines two tribes, a Wolfrider tribe and a Nomadic tribe (Plainrunners), where Thunderwater Holt is something of a middle thing between Wolfriders and Wavedancers. They live on shore, are immortal, but the sea takes a great part of their lives. Both offer some nice stories with grounds for art and short stories too, though the main storylines are played on a post-by-post basis in forums. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up