Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dreamweaver's Dreams - New Art 11-7-2009  (Read 4804 times)

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • Made by Meristide on Facebook
Dreamweaver's Dreams - New Art 11-7-2009
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:33:32 AM »

I just wanted to start this thread to show off my art and keep you updated on my artistic process, for those that are interested.

I have a Deviant Art site - http://dreamweaverno1.deviantart.com

I have a website, I am working on getting it fully functional again, but here is something - www.dreamweaversdreams.com

I have a few samples to show off to you too, just keep an eye open! :D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:10:47 AM by dreamweaver »
Shade and Sweet Water

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamweaver's Dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:01:28 AM »

Here are a few of my favorites/peices that I happened to have on my photobucket account at this time. :D

This first one is when I was experimenting with the "retro styrle".  You know those old Disnelyland posters?  If not, look it up, they were beautiful! :D

Same style - yes, she is nude, but it is tasteful! :D
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/dreamweaver_no1/dreamweaver-retro.jpg

These next three were created just for my journal on deviantart... we could customize our journal if we were a paying member, but then that was really the only thing you go if you were.  They are in order of how I put them on the journal, there would be stats or silly things between the top and the second images and the last one would finish the journal, she is looking up at everything I wrote! :D

These next 5 images were from my rpg that I would be more than happy to revive, if anyone is interested. :D It was called The WhereEver Clan.  The Cheif was Gestalt and he was lifemated to Dreamweaver and Wasp.  This first picture is of Wasp's son, Swiftsting and hus human mate Amanda (I can't remember her real name right now... her name is at the rpg group.  Well, when they first started becoming lovemates, she wasn't sure of herself, but he often told her that she wouldn't live as long as he would, but it shouldn't come between their love.  He called her his brightest flame.. his would burn longer but not as feirce as hers.  It was romantic... to me. :D

This is Sunhaze, granddaughter of Gestalt and Dreamweaver, she is really sweet and pretty and took after her grandmother a lot.

This is Sealain, who was Sunhaze's best friend. :D

This is Grock, he is half troll/half elf, but he looks more like a elve wit green skin... his story is long, but he is a gentle, sweet and loving man.

This is Firestring, Sunhaze's mother, Freefeather's lifemate and daughter of a forest tribe, their clans were neighbors, but their clan is unknown to me.

This is piece that is a few of Dreamweaver's main points in her life.

This is Dreamweaver, Wasp and Gestalt all having a moment together.

This is a favorite of mine, Dreamweaver leaning on one arm in the grass.

This was better, to me, in black and white, but I wanted to color something. :D

This is Dreamweaver in my 'abstract' style. :D

This was the original teaser to Contact Seperation

This was my entry to one of the Elfquest Calendars.

This was a funny attempt to link ElfQuest to Queer Eye for the Straight Man... Guy?  I used to remember all the names of the original guys, but Pike is in charge of Food and wine... hehehe... yup, that's all I remember... I think Skywise was supposed to be Carson... but that's about it. :D

Shade and Sweet Water

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »

I was working on Contact Seperation Part 3 and while moving I lost it... but...

I got up around 5:30 in the morning, a little extra sleep since I don't sleep a whole hell of a lot during the day for one reason or another, and I stumble out into the front room. I find Kat (wife) asleep in the couch, wake her, John (husband) gets up for a moment and he tells me about a hang nail and to get him the scisors out of the 'junk' drawer and I do.  I grab the scisors and take them to him.  He sighs, frustrated, and says, "Just go check it again!"  Shocked, I look again and there is a gorgeous blue binder staring at me.

I grab it and start dancing around the house, it's THE blue binder that houses part 3 of contact Seperation.  I am so excited that I hug Kat tightly and flip through everything and ask her where she found it.  She was looking in the garage and found it in a box we had gone through almost imediately the say after we got to the new house.  I have looked through that book atleast 10 times in the last 2 hours, it's not even funny.  I think the faeries were playing with me and I was supposed to stumble through rewriting the whole thing before I found it, but Kat happened to go out at the right time and she thought it was just a binder of old drawings, at first.  Then she was thinking about it and got a bit more excited.  Then, she checked my DA page to see which issues I had finished and if the matched what she had in her hands.  When she realized it was the third issue, she threw it in the drawer and went to sleep until I could get up and she could surprise me.  Plus, she didn't want the faeries to take it back.  If she knew where it was, hopefully they wouldn't touch it. 

Please thank the faeries for me too... I am working on a drawing for them too. :D  Maybe I can find a scanner that will work with Windows Vista or the cords and space to put the scanner next to my wife's comp to hook up the old scanner and get all my art up here again! :D

Shade and Sweet Water

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »

That is awesome news! Few things in life are as good as finding something we created that we thought was lost to us.  (I need to find out how to nicely ask the faeries in my area to make my busted hard drives not-so-busted after all.)

Thanks for posting all your art! You should do more in the abstract style...that turned out really neat. I think my second favorite is the one of Dreamweaver showing all the important parts of her life. 

Say...you didn't used to hang out on the equest-l listserv back in the day, did you? There was a woman there I was friends with who I'd lost contact with...a Dream-something.  It just slowly dawned on me that that might be you. (If it is, I'm going to smack myself for not making that connection sooner.)

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »

Say...you didn't used to hang out on the equest-l listserv back in the day, did you? There was a woman there I was friends with who I'd lost contact with...a Dream-something.  It just slowly dawned on me that that might be you. (If it is, I'm going to smack myself for not making that connection sooner.)

I did!  I did hang out there a lot!  I think it was me.  I remember you... hehehe.. I was hoping you would make the connection one day. :D  Anyways... I have a ton of that abstract art!  I am thinking of making a whole bunch of books and scanning the art and selling the originals as books.  I have one filled up.  It's so much fun.  I can sit and do them all day.  Some a very blocky and take up a lot of space, which makes them easy and fast to create, but then there are others that are more intrakit... I can't spell today. :D

Anyways... I think that's about all I have to say for now, I'll let you know when I finish the comic and stuff. :D  One day the comic will be completed for good and I'll have it available to purchase.:D
Shade and Sweet Water

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 08:54:35 AM »

OMG I'm such a dunce!  *facepalm* Well, better late than never :)

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:36 AM »

OMG I'm such a dunce!  *facepalm* Well, better late than never :)

No kidding.

I am working on getting part 3 of the comic finished... I have some down time while Gabby sleeps.  She is sick, so I took the night off.
Shade and Sweet Water

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »

I am gonna post a few more drawings I have done recently.  But, the quality is a bit lacking only because I have had to photograph them, I don't have a scanner that will work with Vista and the other computer it did work with, crashed, so I am gonna work towards a Kodak Scanner/copier/printer combo after my trip to disneyland.

There is one picture that is Cannon Elfquest, three that are from Elfquest based rpgs and the last is in my abstract style.

- Stongbow... DUH!  I am really proud of it.

- This is my friend's character, Liz

- Now, this one was supposed to have panels below where I was giving her direction on how to smile, pout and then I wanted her to do another emotion with begot Confused, but I couldn't make it work, so I cut it.

- This is Sundazzle in Disney Retro Style.  I really love this, I usually do this in the computer, but I hardly draw on the comp anymore. :D

- Aaaaannnnd... FINALLY!  My favorite piece that I have done so far, "Samhain's Thin Veil"

I hope you like it.
Shade and Sweet Water

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamweaver's Dreams - New Art 10-25-09
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »

I have done some more art! WEEEE!

First up, Rhiannon  - - she was done for my 5 sketch list on Deviantart.  I think she came out rather well.  She wasn't meant to be finished, but there she is! :D

Next up we have Copper, done for the same 5 sketch list -

Last is not a Elfquest picture, but it was done for a coworker, she actually paid me money for it! I am very proud of it.  They are a friend and her friend's Aunt.  After the drawing is the photo I used for reference -

PLEASE tell me what you think.  I thrive on comments. :D
Shade and Sweet Water
Pages: [1]   Go Up