Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water tuturial  (Read 2966 times)

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Water tuturial
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:40:49 AM »

So.. I'm trying to colour my picture of Clearbrook, but I encountered a problem I hadn't really anticipated (silly me): I have no idea of how to draw water. Does anyone have a simple tuturial for drawing water (digitally)? All of the tuturials I've found have been rather advanced.

I hope someone can help  :)

(Btw, since this is a site for art, wouldn't a sub-forum for tuturials and art-talk be appropriate? Just a thought)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Re: Water tuturial
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »

So.. I'm trying to colour my picture of Clearbrook, but I encountered a problem I hadn't really anticipated (silly me): I have no idea of how to draw water. Does anyone have a simple tuturial for drawing water (digitally)? All of the tuturials I've found have been rather advanced.

No, I haven't done anything like that. Truth be told, I'm not sure there *is* a simple way to do water...it's always confounded me a little. 

I did a quick search over at deviant art. Not sure if that's what you already did, but...did you find this one?

http://policide.deviantart.com/art/Water-Surface-Tutorial-104257901

That's probably the wrong kind of water. You could try something like I did with Dreamweaver:

Keep it a basic gray-blue, add a few white "swirls", and use a brush on low opacity to hint at body parts under the water. I pretty much lifted this style from Wendy, so looking at her water style would be a good idea (couple of examples in the Crescent scene).

(Btw, since this is a site for art, wouldn't a sub-forum for tuturials and art-talk be appropriate? Just a thought)

Don't think it's needed...this is a site for art, so "general" = art-talk (and elf-talk).  Heck, I should probably rename "General Discussion" to "ElfQuest and Art Discussion".

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Water tuturial
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »

No, I haven't done anything like that. Truth be told, I'm not sure there *is* a simple way to do water...it's always confounded me a little. 

I did a quick search over at deviant art. Not sure if that's what you already did, but...did you find this one?

http://policide.deviantart.com/art/Water-Surface-Tutorial-104257901
Yes, I did search on DA, but I didn't find that one. However, it seems much more simple than what I found. But you're right. Not quite that kind of water.

Quote from: Foxeye
That's probably the wrong kind of water. You could try something like I did with Dreamweaver:

Keep it a basic gray-blue, add a few white "swirls", and use a brush on low opacity to hint at body parts under the water. I pretty much lifted this style from Wendy, so looking at her water style would be a good idea (couple of examples in the Crescent scene).
Neat. I'll try that. It's the right look and it seems like something I might be capable of getting right xD Thanks a bunch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up