Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holts - offline holts and non-English-language holts  (Read 5286 times)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Holts - offline holts and non-English-language holts
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »

First, I just wanted to alert folks to the fact that the big list I posted in the other thread now also has sections at the end for Offline groups, and Non-English-Language groups (those group listings are repeated in the appropriate categories above too, but this makes it easier to scan these particular types.)

Second, I wanted to ask generally if anyone has any contact information for Tower Mountain Holt?  They were an offline group and were certainly still active when I last performed this exercise in 2008.  But over the past few days, I have been trying the last web address I had for them (http://www.towermountain.net), and I keep getting a "server not found" response.  I can't find any other info on how to contact them at the moment, to find out if they are still active but operating in some other fashion, or what.

If anyone has any leads on them, I'd appreciate it. :)

Razzle

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: Holts - offline holts and non-English-language holts
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »

I don't personally have any ties to it, no. I've tried searching and grubbing around on Google.com just for fun in case I could root up something you might've missed, but no cigar -- there's apparently a yahoo group for it, but the message history doesn't show any activity since 2009, and I can't find a link for the website newer than yours, so I'm *guessing* it's defunt. =( I could always be wrong, though!

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Holts - offline holts and non-English-language holts
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:18:28 AM »

Yeah; unfortunately, the Yahoo group doesn't give any further contact info except for that website address.  I'm hoping someone might have an email address I can try...

The fact that the Yahoo group hasn't been used since 2009 might be an indication that the group is defunct... but might not be.  They may have simply stopped using that, and replaced it with something else.  But the website not working, and nothing else coming up on Google, isn't a good sign... :(

A pity, as they were quite an old group that hung in there for a long time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up