Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Fan Calendar Guidelines  (Read 220613 times)

LaMara

• Treewee
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Fan Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 06:48:29 AM »

Oh, I see now! Thank you for explanation and greetings! :D
I'm glad i've found enough courage to join too. Such contests always turn out to be important lessons to me. I hope everything will go well!

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »

Three weeks left!

Note: In the past I set the deadline for around Nov 5 and then had to extend it for all those who were feverishly working on pieces but didn't have them done.  I can't do that this year!  Nov 30th is the deadline, period!  If I go later than that, the writers won't have time to write their poems, I won't have time to get everything formated, and Richard won't have time to get it uploaded!

So hopefully every one is working hard and on track for submission before the end of the month!

GinGin

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 04:40:03 AM »

Somehow I ALWAYS miss the calendar :(  Whenever I see it it's either too early (which means there's no theme yet, or that 8 months later, I'll loathe what I submitted) or when I remember, and check back here it's usually past or within mere weeks of the deadline :(

Puckernuts!

But I'm still going to try. Which is stupid considering my current deadline schedules...but...I don't want to miss out AGAIN ;_;

I just hope I won't choose a character or month already provided for. I'm not sure how much submissions we already have but in case of shortage, I'd really, really appreciate a pm that tells me what season/month, for instance, is needed, or if there are certain subjects already portrayed twice, that I won't do it a third time.  Time is precious for me at this point, so If I'm going to submit, I want to make it count, or not do it at all.  Hope you guys understand that ^^

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:43:55 AM by GinGin »

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 07:37:31 AM »

I don't think you need to worry about the month or season, since that's always decided after entries are chosen. :) Most entries tend to be flexible enough that they could fit in many seasons, so if a few entries *aren't* flexible, it usually works out OK. If that makes sense.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 11:31:28 AM »

Well, if you still need an idea... Zhantee was in my mind, just because he deserves it and he's a really good one for finding one's place, once he became a wolfrider and discovered his shielding magic. Just a suggestion of course, but he isn't portrayed much in fanart, so you have a good chance he's not drawn yet.
I had other ideas I liked more, so he was filtered out and I don't have time to draw another entry... I'm so glad I'm done way before the deadline for a change! :D Really isn't like me, lol.

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »

Ugh - I cannot for the LIFE of me think of what to do!

Finding one's place - sooo like does showing a character doing what they do best work for that?

~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »

I think it does. :) 

aurianfae

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »

I really wanted to do a second entry but I don't think I will have the time unfortunately. I've got a project/commission list a mile long already so I'm probably not going to be able to get to it. :-(

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »

Calling all colorists!

Most of the artists here know Bonita.  Well, she has a young child and is finding it difficult to sit down and get any artwork done.  But she did send me a linework entry for the Calendar and she'd like to share credits with one of you if you'd color it and do the background.  This is right up your alley for those who like to color others' work.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »

Argh, I wish I weren't moving! Her stuff is great and I'd love to help, but my tablet is now in a box, and will probably remain there till mid-December. :(

Icebird

• Wolf
  • Toasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 07:00:52 AM »

I'd love to help out but I can barely find the time to finish my own entry, so sadly I won't be able to be of any help here :(

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

Yeah.  :(  Usually, I don't mind offering to color.  But I've finally got an idea for a piece of my own (YAY!), and while I feel that I'll be able to get it done in time, I don't know that I'm going to have any time to spare.

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2009, 02:57:20 PM »

Last call, everyone!  Deadline is Monday!   :o

If you need Tuesday to finish it up, that is okay.  But I need to get judging started by the middle of this week, so I can't give anyone too many extra days!

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

Ack! I'm hoping to finish mine by Monday!!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Eregyrn

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »

I'm done.  ;D  I've got to add my signature, and I'm kind of taking the evening to stare at it to see if I want to make any more tweaks.  But I will have it in on time.  Yay!

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 03:40:04 AM »

If you need Tuesday to finish it up, that is okay. 

So, is midnight Eastern time on Tuesday okay then?  ;)  Gouache is kind of kicking my butt!  (I'm sure you're so surpised  :D)

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »

I'm being killed by leaves - think I might have to pull this one back a bit.

Let's see ... midnight eastern time would be what - 9pm pacific time, right?
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »

I'm on Pacific Time.  LOL

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

Yes, leaves.. pesky things! >_<

Hmm, Pacific Time, as in uh California time?
Then, there is quite the gap between that and Central European Time (since I'm in Sweden).

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »

Wah! I do not think I'm going to make it. :(

I guess I can enter in the black and white inked version .... but I doubt I will get all the painting done in the next 2 hours.

I'm trying though!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Joyrider1978

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »

Good Lord, the end is in sight.... but how to upload into digital what is currently an 11 x 14" panel?  I might have to bring it to work tomorrow to have our product photographer shoot it for me.... If I'm too late then that is my own darn fault but for some reason I have NOT been able to refrain from being annoyingly detailed.... and re-doing the background approximately 7 times.  Bad Kelly!  Lucky thing I am not professional.  I would be fired repeatedly.  :-\

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »

Oh poop.

Went to find the submission guidelines ... and totally missed that it HAD to be landscape oriented.

Well ... guess that leaves me out - not sure how I missed that before.

If I had noticed that previously I could have done a workaround since there needed to be room for poetry too, but no way I'd get it all done in 20 minutes. LOL.

Ah well.
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)

Windrider

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 10:32:18 PM »

Come on you two!  Keep working and get them to me tomorrow while I'm prepping everyone else's!

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »

I'm submitting Mournsong's (illustration) and my (colouring) combo entry just now... as I had hoped she'd mail be back, but I was some hour ish late submitting the final ish version to her yesterday (damn those leaves!), but worst case scenario I might have to send Windrider a slightly update version.

*keeps fingers crossed for Joyrider1978 and Faerydae!*

Faerydae

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • ElfWitch.com
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »

I'll let you know when mine is done, but I expect it won't be done - the leaves I have left are killing me, and to make it not a landscape with room for poetry means MORE leaves LOL.

I'll give it the ol college try - but have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow from 7am to 7pm like I did today so will liley still not have enough time, but I will try anyway!
~Faerydae

(also known as Rainy)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up