Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printed calendar for 2023  (Read 624 times)

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
printed calendar for 2023
« on: February 03, 2023, 10:58:20 AM »

Eventually arrived. Took some time, even though print on demand should be fairly quick... it's all digital these days, but whatever took Zazzle/shipment.
Quality is okay, the parcel's contents received a few minor dents from shipment. And some parts were cut off by printing alingment. (From the upper rim a relatively small band of pixels is missing.) The coil still goes right through the lower image. Well. Whatever.
So it was good to print metadata on the last page's backside.
Apart from the mentioned things it looks pretty good.
One might think about a 20 pixel mat/frame of e.g. pure white within the 3300x2550 range, since they'll cut it off or break the coil holes through it, anyway.
Oh, and the hole for the nail, it's in the middle and roughly 1 cm from the top. So we shouldn't have any relevant image content there, either. ^_^

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: printed calendar for 2023
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 05:57:39 PM »

With regards to the alignment, It doesn't matter what it looks like, on the Zazzle site, some bits of the images get cut off or are embedded in the coil anyway, white border or not.

As for the border, it doesn't help much (I prefer it without the border, as you can see more details in the works). I did mention in the guidelines for last year's calendar that I am no longer adding a white border to the printed version of the calendar so please leave about a half-inch around the edge of your work, that doesn't contain any important elements (I don't want arms cut off or a hole in a character's head). At this point, 20+ years on everyone should know not to take the image right to the edge and that there is a hole in the calendar. :D

Of course, everyone is welcome to leave feedback but honestly, the calendar is as good as it's going to get. It isn't fancy and I have very little control over what happens once the nice people at Zazzle take it and print it and to be fair not much before, it's not a complex system. Yes, last year the calendar was badly done by Zazzle when it hadn't been like that in the past. I understood the complaints and was disappointed too. If you are unhappy you can as always get a refund, you know that.

Aside from the coil which does interfere with the bottom of some images (it wouldn't have if everyone had left space as asked) it's fine. It's a fan calendar, it's not meant to be anything more than a keepsake. If the Pini's are happy to put it in their archives, then that's good enough for me. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up