Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2024 Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 1967 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2024 Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« on: February 02, 2023, 11:11:37 AM »

The theme for the 2023 EQ Fan Art Calendar is: ALL ELDERS

**You may use characters from the original quest to the final quest but you must do your best not to totally spoil things for those who have not yet read the most recent installment of the series**

Submissions for the 2024 Calendar are being accepted:
February 3, 2023, through November 3, 2023

THEME

Submitted artwork should represent the theme "All Elders", which means older (possibly wiser) Elfquest Characters (Savah, Lord Voll, Treestump, Ekuar, Timmain, Salt etc).

DETAILS

Please read carefully...

If you would like to participate please PM me via the site (Maggie) to let me know you are thinking about submitting something for the 2024 calendar. Please don't give any details about your submission at this time, just let me know that you want to get involved. Once your PM is received I will change your primary member group so you can access the secret fan calendar thread.

Feel free to use the hidden thread to discuss ideas, themes etc. As always I would like to keep the calendar varied, so chatting a bit about characters and themes is a good way to help make that happen.

This year a PM letting me know you want to participate is how you will get into the calendar hideout but not how you will get into the calendar. For this, I would like a finished sketch. You have from February 3 to May 31 to send in your sketch, along with the usual details. Once your sketch and details are received you will be added to the participant list, your character choice will be locked in and I will expect you to finish your submission and have it in by the deadline at the beginning of November.

I'm hoping this will be a good way for each participant to really decide if they can manage a submission. I know we all tend to procrastinate when there is a lot of time between the start and end of this project. So giving several months to come up with a sketch, seemed like a remedy to that. Figuring out those first details tends to be more difficult than taking things from a solid concept/sketch to a finished submission.

The number of submissions required: 11

IMPORTANT:
 I will no longer be putting credits and titles on the individual submissions for the printed version of the calendar. These details will now go on the back of the calendar, so consider this when you decide on a title, there isn't a lot of space, so try and keep it short where possible.

Your Name:
EQFA User Name:
Artist Credit (Real or User only):
Artwork Title:
Email Address:

You will be asked to update Maggie and the rest of the participants via the secret thread in mid-May with your progress. By this time you should have sent in your sketch or have it nearly finished. This will help to determine if we have enough entries for the calendar. If at any time you feel you cannot continue just send a message, there won't be any hard feelings.

Please keep in mind that you have approx. 4 months to get your sketch ready and an additional 5 months to finish your piece. There will be no extensions, November 3 is the final day for submissions (with the exception of artists who jump in to help if I don't receive the required number of submissions by the firm deadline). Now that I have permanent permission to post the printed version I would like to get that up on Zazzle, so those that want to purchase it can have it on or before Jan 1. 

You may submit up to three entries for the calendar but before you contemplate that second or third entry you must first finish and submit one entry to Maggie.

GROUPS

You may work in groups of two if that makes things easier for you. Please let me know who you will be working with when you sign up.

How you work in your group is totally up to you. One of you may supply a sketch for the other to ink and colour or you may work together to complete the scene. It doesn't matter so long as you both agree.

CONTENT

Entries must be original artwork created specifically for the calendar. The use of photos or "borrowed" art for backgrounds is not allowed.

Entries must not be available for the general public to view online until the okay is given for general sharing. Before then, any entries found online in any form (thumbnails, crops, etc.) will be disqualified and removed.

Canon Elfquest characters (of any race) only. No what-if characters (i.e., Worldpool).

PG-13 or under.

FORMAT

**Please make sure your submissions are the correct size. Any submissions that are not 3300x2550 pixels or 11 x 8.5 inches at 300dpi will not be accepted**

All entries should be in full colour, with a full background. No font please (this does not include your signature or mark used to sign your work).

Size: 11"x 8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)

Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)

File format: JPEG/PNG format only

IMPORTANT: I am no longer adding a white border to the printed version of the calendar so please leave about a half-inch around the edge of your work, that doesn't contain any important elements. I don't want arms cut off or a hole in a character's head.

HOW TO SUBMIT

When you are ready please email your full-sized entry to Maggie. Please PM Maggie when you have an entry ready to be submitted.

Entries should be received by midnight CST, November 3, 2023.

Include the following: Your submission as an attachment, please don't embed it into an email.

CREDIT

The artist's credit will be used for credits on the calendar/website.

PUBLISHING

The eleven winners will be chosen by a panel of judges (if more than 11 entries are submitted).

The finished calendar will be available for download at elfquestfanart.com. In addition, the calendar may be published and available for purchase.

QUESTIONS

Any questions about the calendar may be asked and answered on this thread or PM Maggie.

Don't know what this is all about, check out the current and past Fan Art Calendars here: http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=fanartcalendar

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 11:52:31 PM »

I totally missed this thread! I'm in! Just sent PM.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 07:56:55 AM »

I didn't get a PM from you but I know you want to get involved so that's all I need. You can access the hideout now.  ;D

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 12:15:11 PM »

Maggie, I think I accidentally sent you an email instead of a PM, sorry about that! But I'd like to be involved as well  ::)

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 06:01:54 AM »

Is it possible to change the Landscape size into portrait format for this theme?
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Wintergreen

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 06:49:03 AM »

Yikes. Almost missed this. I'll send the PM right now.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 07:08:21 AM »

@Wildfire - You can access the calendar thread now  ;D

@Yavia - No, I'm sorry I can't change it to portrait format since the image wouldn't work for the printed version.  :(

@ShujiE - You can access the calendar thread now  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 05:21:01 PM »

Our 2023 Fan Calendar is trending on Zazzle. We're so fancy. ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 11:36:38 AM »

Gosh! That is pretty uplifting and motivating!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2023, 12:41:29 AM »

Ayooooah all! I am going to TRY and submit this year. I have a couple sketches from a while back that I can see if I can finish in time. Sorry I've been away, but life has completely hit me hard in my personal, family, and professional life. Due to all these issues, I cannot make promises of anything except to try before something else happens. Family issues have improved, but still not great; the rest has just beaten me down. Sigh. Still, this actually helps keep me going, so I hope to contribute this year. I'll keep you posted.

Maggie, I'll send you email with my character selection to make sure they're okay.

Wow! Love that last year's calendar is trending; and it looks amazing!
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2023, 01:29:36 PM »

Amberfox!!!! Sooooo happy to hear from you!
Big hugs! So sorry that your life also has been such a struggle… and so happy
that you still remember this little place despite all your worries.

kandrinchae

• Treewee
  • Fan since 1990
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 04:57:48 PM »

It may be too late, but I have an image I would like to finish for the calendar. PM sent.

Veronica

~Shade & Sweet Water~

Veronica / Suncatcher

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2023, 08:30:31 AM »

@kandrinchae - Submissions for the 2024 Calendar are being accepted: February 3, 2023, through November 3, 2023 so you aren't too late. I haven't received a PM from you but I've gone ahead and changed your primary member group so you can access the secret fan calendar thread. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up