Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Danen  (Read 12294 times)

Elftanner

• Zwoot
  • https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTann
    • View Profile
World of Danen
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:41 PM »

History of Danen

The elves originated in the world of Magic. A separate dimension from the three mooned world of the humans. In time, much to the chagrin of the elders, the Magic started to die. The elders couldn't figure out why it was dieing or how to restore it and they had to make plans of escape, for if they were caught in the Magic when it died, being a magical race they would die too . The elders took what they could of the Magic and put it into crystals taken from the Royal's palace walls and opened the door to the dimension of the humans emerging into a valley deep in the mountains. These Elves, using the Magic of the crystals to supplement their own magic shaped the rocks of the mountains into a temporary home for themselves and named it Landing. Deciding there had to be a better place to live they sent groups of elves, designated the Honored Ones, out into the world to interact with the humans and find a better place to live. Again, using the Magic, they picked different parts of the world and sent the Honored Ones there.

Each group was designated a different terrain and area of the globe to study and learn about, with everything they would need including Honored Ones with abilities suited for that particular terrain, A Rock shaper or tree shaper, a Healer, an astronomer to lead the way and a history keeper to keep records of their travels...

The largest group stayed at Landing to wait for information from the others. One went to the Savannah to learn about the land and it's inhabitants; one to the woodlands to learn of it's trees and seasons; one to the ocean to live on the beaches and learn about the waters of this world; a couple of different groups went to two different mountain ranges thinking they would find a large enough place to house all of the elves; one group to the plains to learn of the animals inhabiting the tall grasses and open places; One to the frozen realm to see if it was possible to live in the frigged snows; one group to the Jungle to learn of it's plants and layers; and one group was to be travelers, traveling between all of the tribes and delivering news and information to each other and Landing. All elves on this world are full blooded and immortal, with exception to a choice few in the Woodlands and Plains. (But that's another story.)

Through time, some tribes disappeared due to humans or dangerous living situations and the Travelers eventually lost track of them all, and eventually ,through generations, forgot their duties. All tribes came to believe the "other tribes" were just stories told by their Honored Ones. The traveling elves still traveled the world of Danen but split into two groups. One was called the Star people, all of which disappeared leaving no real trace of themselves. The others learned to live amongst the humans as a group of gypsies and tinkers, living from human town to town, and putting on acts for the gullible humans, who on this world were easy to get along with but not all excepting.

This is my world, I hope you like it. There are many tribes with different ways of life to chose from. Maybe someday they will all be reunited again?

If any of these tribes sound interesting feel free to visit my site. We have plenty of tribes and elves to be adopted. Every so often I will highlight an elf of the week here that is up for adoption so check back.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:18:50 PM by Elftanner »

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: World of Danen
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:43:51 PM »

This weeks featured elf is Wink. He is a wise and tough leader of the gypsies. This is a clan of only male leaders and his son, though the second born of his children, will someday take over for him.

Character name: Wink
Soul Name: Unknown
Tribe Position: Chief
Magical Abilities:  Has a magic pendant that can control fog and mist

Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Blue with two front braids tied with raspberry colored leather. The rest is loose.
Skin tone: Pale
Height: 5'4''
Marks/Scars: The tip of his ear is chipped off.

Relationships
Father: Walker
Mother: ?

Bond mate: Tishka
Son: Ayolas
Daughter: Odrian(eldest)
Son: Light

Weapons:
He uses two bright metal swords

Special Possessions: His magic pendant

Garments and Accessories:

Abilities and Skills:
Bartering/Trading: with humans
Combat
Direction Sense
First Aid: Elf 
Hiding/Stealth 
Hunting   
Lore: elf
Musician: guitar
Prankster
Ride: horses
Scouting
Self-Defense
Storytelling
Teaching
Throwing
Tracking   

Pets: Never goes anywhere without his three dogs - Kahyl, Mitzel, and Toothless

History and Personality:
Wink is the leader of the Gypsy elves, and the holder of the Magic Mist Amulet. The Amulet gives the wearer the ability to control the fog, mist, clouds, anything of cloudy substance really, and is the reason for the name of their tribe - Mist Walkers. He is a very strict leader of his people and does not put up with disobedience. Yet he is forgiving. He is a strong leader and is training his son, Ayolas, to be the next leader of the Mist Walkers always having him at his side.
  He got his name wink because his men know that when he wants something done all he has to do is wink at them. It's like his secret code for "take care of it".  He lost the tip of his ear as a child. He got caught stealing from a human and almost didn't  get away. The human chopped at him, but only got his ear.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:23:47 PM by Elftanner »

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:03:19 AM »

The featured of of today is..

Character Name: Longfang

Tribe: originally of the Crescent caves
Age: 500                                                     
Sex:  Female                                           
Soulname:                                               
Position in tribe: Nurse/herbal healing                                     
Secondary Position:                                 

Hair: red orange and curly, kept lose, under a hat.
Eyes: Only one, red
Skin tone: tan
Magical abilities (If Any): shape changing
Marks/Scars: a birthmark on her right shoulder
Weapons: spear

Special Possessions: a gold necklace that her Bond Mate used to wear. and a doll her daughter used to play with that she keeps in her pack.

Family Relations
Mother: Flax
Father: ?

Brother: Dusk (D)
Brother: Damphand

Bondmate: Longtail (D)
Daughter: Gem (D)

Garments and Accessories: A blue green hat and a black one piece jumpsuit with cut outs at the waist, thighs and shoulder connected with buckles. A gold snake band on her right wrist. A gold circlet necklace, straps of leather looped through her ears as earrings and an eye patch over her right eye.

Abilities and Skills:
Acrobatics
Animal bonding
Carving - *Wood* or Stone
Cord/Rope making
Climbing - Rock or *Tree*
*First Aid* - *Elf* or Animal
Fishing
*Healing - Herbal*
Self defense
*Shape Shifting or Changing*
Weather Watcher

History and Personality of your Elf:
When her daughter was only 6 turns they were ambushed in the forest by humans. Her Bond Mate and daughter were killed, and she was left for dead. Her tribe found them after a weak sending from her and she was healed, but her eye couldn't be saved. She was born with silver eyes, but after the attack, she changed her one eye to red in anger and mourning, and later kept it that way as a reminder of her hatred of humans.

She used to be so easy going, loving, and sweet natured, She was called Carefree, but after the deaths, she became withdrawn and quick to anger. Snapping at everyone, the others started calling her Longfang. Her temper has mellowed over time, but when she gets around humans she goes into a rage. Out of despair for her lost family she could not stay in her rainforest home, and she decided to leave. Her brother Damphand followed her, to keep her safe. They headed west toward the great waters and found Icarus at the edge of the forest.

She agreed to let him travel with them, so long as he did all of the dealings with humans. When they crossed the mountain pass and into the human territories she was terrified. Not only could she not stand humans, these humans were so different from the ones she was used to. They wore clothes, lived in homes made of wood and stone! She kept her temper in check as Icarus got them passage across the Great Waters at Demon Passage.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:21:44 PM by Elftanner »

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »

Nice outfit for Longfang! Sadly, I have not the time to participate in a holt :-/

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 09:53:17 AM »

The Next Fetured elf is...

Character Name: Knifethrow

Age: 1600                                                     
Sex: Male
Soulname:                                               
Position in tribe: Knife act in the show                                       
Secondary Position: thief/pickpocket                                 

Hair: blue, shaggy, mid back
Eyes: green
Skin tone: pale
Magical abilities: none
Marks/Scars:
Weapons: throwing knives

Special Possessions: his knives

Family Relations
Mother:?

Bond Mate:Surestep
Children: Shadowstep
Bond Mate: ? (D)
Children: Raven

Garments and Accessories:  Dark green trench coat, dark green tall boots, bracers and belt. light brown pants and neck cuff. white clothe sleeveless, open front. Two gold hoops in each ear. shirt

Abilities and Skills:
Acrobatics
Carving - Wood
Cord/Rope making
Combat
Direction Sense
First Aid - Elf
Hunting
Hiding/Stealth
Pick pocketing/ Thievery
Running
Self defense
Scouting
Tracking
Throwing

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:26:19 PM by Elftanner »

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

THe holt has moved due to a deletion of the site for an unknown reason. I updated the link and it now leads to the new site. Though I really need to make a new banner.

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »

This weeks featured elf is Sheen, the healer of the Lion Guard.

Character Name:Sheen

Age: 450                                                     
Soulname:                                               
Position in tribe:  Lion Guard                                     
Secondary Positio:  Healer                               

Hair: black and mid back in length. Two braids on each side of his face and loose in the back.
Eyes:  silver
Skin tone: dark tan
Magical abilities: Healing
Marks/Scars:  three dark lines under each eye
Weapons: sword and a sling shot

Special Possessions:

Family Relations: Distant relation to Xyll
Mother: ?
Sibling (If any):

Bond/love - mate: none
Children:

Garments and Accessories: Long red vest with embroidered short sleeves and blue/black trim and belt. Slate colored tall boots; multi colored, stripped, billowy pants tucked into the tops of the boots. Tan wrap around his head. A silver star pendant, and braided wrist guards with silver bands.

Abilities and Skills:
Acrobatics
Animal bonding: Lion
Barter/Trade
Carving - Stone
Cord/Rope making
Climbing - Rock or Tree
Combat
Direction Sense
First Aid - Elf and Animal
Healing - Herbal
Hunting
Hiding/Stealth
Running
Riding: lion
Repair: weapon
Self defense
Scouting
Stargazing

Bond Animal:
Name: Loper
Type of animal: female lion
Sex - Female
Personality: She loves to run and roll onto your feet
Story of bonding:

History and Personality of your Elf: Sheen is very personable. He is friendly and intelligent. He is quick to fallow orders and is never getting into trouble as he thinks before acting, always.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:29:02 PM by Elftanner »

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:44:30 AM »

I'm thinking about starting up and adoptions list for the Diggers. They are becoming a bit more fleshed out then I expected.

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 10:22:18 PM »

Featured elf of the week is High-Sight of the Dragon riders.

Age: 1200                                                     
Soulname:                                               
Position in tribe: Guard                                     
Secondary Position:                                 

Hair: light orange and up in one pony tail with a single small braid mixed in.
Eyes: yellow-green
Skin tone: peachy
Magical abilities: none
Marks/Scars: none
Weapons: Spear

Special Possessions

Family Relations
Mother:
Father:
Sibling (If any):

Bond mate: Shadie
Love mate: Scales
Children: One from a previous Bonding. (D)

Garments and Accessories: He wear an orange long sleeve top with tassels and gold scales on the shoulders. Berry colored breaches and orange boots with buckles and gold scales.   

Abilities and Skills:
Animal bonding - *dragons*
Cooking
Combat
Direction Sense
Fishing
Hunting
Hiding/Stealth
Riding - *Dragon*
Self defense
Throwing

Bond Animal:
Name - Glowarttah (Glow)
Type of animal -  Silver Dragon
Age - ?
Sex - Female
Personality: These dragons enjoy helping the meek and the lowly. They often concern themselves with protecting the innocent and healing their injuries. They love high mountains and vast, open skies with billowing clouds. They enjoy flying and sometimes soar for hours just for the pleasure of it.
A silver dragon has a beaklike nose, a strong chin, and a pointed tongue. They are nonviolent and avoid combat whenever possible. They are the most sensitive of all dragons. Like gold dragons, these creatures are able to poly morph themselves in order to appear as an animal or human. They are 48 feet in length and are considered to have exceptional intelligence. The breath weapon of silver dragons is either a cone of frost, or a cloud of paralyzing gas. She is currently expecting.
Story of bonding

Highsight is a quiet one. He loves to spend time in the sky on his dragon and is the look out for the tribe. He is the definite lover of the tribe and spends more time with Shadie then Scales does.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:31:57 PM by Elftanner »

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 09:30:42 AM »

I want to welcome all of my new players! Plus invite new ones. We are still active and excepting. We have 4 tribes excepting player created elves; Floating peak - Mountain elves, Frost Bite Lake - Snow elves, Moon Canyon - Savannah elves, and Draco Hall - Dragon bonding elves. Please feel free to check us out and ask questions.

Honorary elf of the month - This is Tale- The chief of the Deep Dwellers while Tynami was away. Will he stay chief now that she is back? Or will he step aside and let his sister take the mantel?

He doesn't have a CIS at the moment and I will let who ever adopts him create it. All I ask is that he is patient, a good leader and a story teller (hence the name). When his sister (half sister Tynami) left the tribe he took his place as chief not sure where she had gone or if she would come back. Who ever adopts him will get an email from me on the family tree between him and Tynami.

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 07:38:59 PM »

I want to officially put Danen on Hiatus. The site will be going into Wrapstuff so work can be done on it. People of late have not been posting, not even the people that have been with me since the beginning in 2003. I hope all of the people on the site will come back and play when I open her up again. It will be starting fresh, in the future about One Year (storyline time that is). In the Rainforest especially there will be major changes and I hope my main players will join me in this...
I will also be making it so people can sign up as reader members or players, there will be monthly challenges and themes and a yearly calender. I have put a lot of time and tears into this site. I love it almost as much as Elfquest and only want to make it better. Thank you.   With Love   
                                 ~Highone/Elftanner

Elftanner

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »

I have updated the info for Danen, working on putting a book together so had to change a few things.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up