Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2021 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 1878 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2021 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« on: May 13, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »

The theme for the 2021 EQ Fan Art Calendar is: LESSER-KNOWN CHARACTERS

**You may use characters from the original quest to the final quest but you must do your best not to spoil things for those who have not yet read the most recent installment of the series**

Submissions for the 2021 Calendar are being accepted:
May 30th, 2020 through September 30th, 2020

THEME

Submitted artwork should represent the theme "Lesser-Known Characters"

A secret thread will be created in order for participants to discuss which characters will be defined as lesser-known. This will most likely be based on the character's general popularity and not how many times they were seen during the course of the series.

The number of submissions required: 12

DETAILS

• If you would like to participate this year please PM me (Maggie) to let me know you will be submitting something for the 2021 calendar. Please don't give any details about your submission at this time, just let me know that you want to participate. Once your PM is received I will change your primary member group so you can access the secret fan calendar thread and also send a link to the AnonDraw room that has been set up for calendar participants.

Please copy and paste the following into the PM being sent to Maggie with all fields filled in:

Your Name:
EQFA User Name:
Artist Credit (Real or User only):
Email Address:

• Once you have your new primary member group tag please access the thread 'Fan Calendar Hideout' under the Elfquest section of the message boards. There you can give a brief description of your concept as well as a list of all the characters you plan to use and which ones are the main focus. Please be open to discussion, as it may take a bit of back and forth to keep the calendar varied and to make sure the characters being used are generally considered lesser-known.

• You will be asked to update Maggie and the rest of the participants via the secret thread in July with your progress. This will help to determine if we have enough entries for the calendar and will let everyone know if used characters are now available. If at any time you feel you cannot continue just send a message, there won’t be any hard feelings.

• Please keep in mind that you have just over 4 months to get your submission-ready. If there is no response to the request for the progress in July I will have to assume you are no longer participating and I will have no choice but to find a replacement artist. Communication is key, so please keep in touch.

• You may submit up to three entries for the calendar but before you contemplate that second or third entry you must first finish and submit one entry to Maggie.

GROUPS

• You may work in groups of two if that makes things easier for you. Please let me know who you will be working with when you sign up.

• How you work in your group is totally up to you. One of you may supply a sketch for the other to ink and colour or you may work together to complete the scene. It doesn’t matter so long as you both agree.

CONTENT

• Entries must be original artwork created specifically for the calendar. The use of photos or "borrowed" art for backgrounds is not allowed.

• Entries must not be available for the general public to view online until the okay is given for general sharing. Before then, any entries found online in any form (thumbnails, crops, etc.) will be disqualified and removed. With the exception of the AnonDraw room, which will be private for calendar participants to assist each other with their submissions. Please do not give the link to the AnonDraw room out to anyone.

• Canon Elfquest characters (of any race) only. No what-if characters (i.e., Worldpool).

• PG-13 or under.

FORMAT

**Please make sure your submissions are the correct size. Any submissions that are not 3300x2550 pixels or 11 x 8.5 inches at 300dpi will not be accepted**

• All entries should be in full color, with some type of background. No font please.

• Size: 11"x 8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)

• Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)

• File format: JPEG/PNG format only

HOW TO SUBMIT

• When you are ready please email your full-sized entry to Maggie. Please PM Maggie when you have an entry ready to be submitted.

• Entries must be received by midnight CST, September 30th, 2020.

Include the following:

• Your submission as an attachment not embedded into an email.

• Title of your submission. Titles will be included on the calendar.

CREDIT

• The artist's credit will be used for credits on the calendar/website.

PUBLISHING

• The eleven winners will be chosen by a panel of judges (if more than 11 entries are submitted).

• The finished calendar will be available for download at elfquestfanart.com. In addition, the calendar may be published and available for purchase.

QUESTIONS

• Any questions about the calendar may be asked and answered on this thread or PM Maggie.

• Don't know what this is all about, check out the current and past Fan Art Calendars here: http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=fanartcalendar
Pages: [1]   Go Up