Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ElfQuest next crowdfunding project (2021)  (Read 2383 times)

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
ElfQuest next crowdfunding project (2021)
« on: March 12, 2021, 08:31:09 AM »

I nearly missed it since I think it was only announced via IG, and I very rarealy check these "social" media platforms. It was rather blind luck.
There is a project to fund an "audio movie" (audio drama, in German likely "Hörbuch") with different voice actors and music. I do not know how far any imagery will be involved.
There is an announcement video (I downloaded it an ffwd. it to check for a specific info but didn't have the time to listen to it in full) on http://www.elfquest.com/audio-movie
(checking the link, the news announcement is now finally also on eq.com)

I already sent an email to an enterprise behind the crowd funding and got informed that images of the announced miniatures are going to be revealed in a not too far future. Moreover, it seems that,
starting with April (?), there will be a crowdfunding with more backer options for every level of purse.
Along with audio-movie and tin? resin? PLA? figures there is an option for a poster with new art and I think some early bird supporter basecap.
The funding seems to run via gumroad.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:33:56 AM by jaRf »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
Re: ElfQuest next crowdfunding project (2021)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 03:05:10 AM »

This sounds so interesting. No way they done more in 4 weeks than in 40 years! Looks like this is really happening. I like the concept of it.

The Music reminds me of Jack Wall and I absolutely favor that. I'm a little bit sad, no "A Wolfrider's refelection's" will be in there XD - just kidding

It is so fascinating at which year Wendy started to draw. At 9 or 10 I was not drawing horses this perfect! I was drawing Elf's - from Wendy.

Thanks for your howl, jaRf, I keep an eye out!
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 05:40:26 AM »

I skipped to the part where the Pinis are interviewed. It was nice to hear them talk about it with such enthusiasm.
I myself am most interested in the 4th novel they were talking about. :D

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 07:12:24 AM »

I followed this live, and the music was pretty rad! The interview with the Pinis was interesting, as Yavia mentions, hearing about Wendy's starting point for drawing-whoaaaaa. Loved seeing the sketches of the horses!

The project itself - t's a bit too vague for me to fund it at this point. I hope it'll get made though, once they release a bit more information I might be interested.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 11:09:02 AM »

The campaign is up. Feel free to back the project if you like. There are some cool rewards but you have to pledge quite a bit to get them. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thefantasynetwork/elfquest-the-audio-movie

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 12:52:20 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up. I received an e-mail, but on their main page there is no info yet. Maybe they posted something on "social" media.
There was also an info-mail about voice actors, but they only accept folks from within the U.S. of A. (even though they wrote something that looked like recording at home, I mean, there still is a pandemic so that would be an option, even though you won't be able to have a top notch quality). Anyway, let's see, or hear, how they do.
I'll probably check in for the little figures. Though they look more like 3d renderings currently.
Oh, and I so hope Rayek won't have that silly kind of role, again (movie scripts 1994/1995). Just stick to the original storyline.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 01:01:47 AM »

Those artprints come with a price-tag, don't they? 350 USD for a single art print, even though it is ~46 x 61 cm (or even a larger variant), and maybe printed on good Hahnemühle paper + coating, but 350 USD plus likely something as 50+ USD shipment... ouch.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 12:02:47 PM »

Only 53 hours to go if you would like to back the Elfquest Audio Movie project on Kickstarter. A lot of the characters have been cast and there is even a sneak peek at some of the voice recordings which has been added to the campaign page. Check it out sooner than later and make a pledge if you are interested. ;D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thefantasynetwork/elfquest-the-audio-movie

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 02:19:10 AM »

Funded with > 220'000 USD. Quite a success. Plus the gumroad(?) early bird this is roughly 300'000 USD according to the team.
I'm curious about the outcome and I hope the scale-down will help the little figures to gain more of the elven fine-and-delicate features.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:21:48 AM by jaRf »
Pages: [1]   Go Up