Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embarrassing misunderstandings?  (Read 2102 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Embarrassing misunderstandings?
« on: June 07, 2020, 11:43:46 PM »

Just wanted to throw this in here just because stuff sometimes happens that is embarrassing! So those who are willing to tell about some of those things, it would be nice to hear!... gonna start with one that happened quite recently...

Well, I helped out a lady who had her car stuck on a curb by helping her back to road, because I happened to walk an saw her struggling... after I helped her in that I also noticed that one of her legs was in a cast and she had lots of shopping bags so I asked if she needed help getting them to her apartment from the car and she seemed very surprised and happy that someone was willing to help her, well I carry her bags to her porch and she takes them inside, then she asks suddenly if I'd like to come in to have some coffee... I said sure but I liked tea more, she giggled... we went inside and she asks me to wait in the living room... then she suddenly comes back butt naked and smiling very seductively!... apparently we had a very different idea on what "having coffee" meant!... that was one embarrassing encounter!... Who ever came up with the thing that having coffee means something other than coffee!?...

Startear

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing misunderstandings?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 07:30:03 AM »

Oh man, sounds like you unwillingly stumbled upon a secret hook-up ritual!  :o They are way less common now, with things like Tinder, Grinder and other apps making it more streamlined and possibly safer. And lot less chance of someone getting the wrong idea. They are especially common in the LGBT community, especially in the cruising scene. In Australia there are people who walk around supermarkets with bananas hanging in the child seat, the way they are turned is an indication of they want to "give it" or "recieve it" depending on gender. In Norway, certain cafe's in Oslo wearing a green jacket used to be a similar marker of wanting to hook up.

It is also possible that the person you helped got a totally wrong idea, thinking that since you helped them, that meant you were owed sex. Which is... less than ideal for both parties.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 09:05:59 AM »

Oh my gosh.

Something similar happened to me once. There was a woman and we started chatting and she kept asking me if I liked tea. I don't like hot beverages so I said no, I'm not a fan of tea, coffee, etc. But she kept asking me over and over amidst the conversation if I wanted to have tea. We should get together to have tea...come over to my place for tea.

It took a while but I realized that by tea...she didn't mean tea...she meant the things you do when you're butt naked.  :lol

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:09:42 AM »

How do you even end up in those kind of situations?? :D

I can't remember anything super juicy, but there was an awkward moment that happened late in the 90's when I was a young teenager.

I usually came home from school a few hours before my parents returned from work. The house is at a rural area, so there weren't any friends to hang out with, so I spent my afternoons at home alone or with my little sister. One afternoon, the phone rang. We still had a landline telephone that the whole family used, so I answered with my whole name, as was the custom. On the other end was a man, who I guessed was my father's acquaintance as he asked if Jussi (=my dad) was at home. I answered that he wasn't, but he didn't hang up. Instead he started talking about my dad and his work and all kinds of things. He seemed like a very social person, and I replied to his questions about my dad and our home the best I could. It was a nice conversation which I enjoyed. He was easy to talk to because of his familiar way of speaking.

At some point the conversation seemed to steer towards the end, and he said something like, "It was very nice talking to you, Jussi talks so much about you." It seemed a bit odd, especially since dad isn't the kind of person to talk much about his personal life, but I thought that maybe dad did talk about me at work, what did I know... He continued, "Who knows, maybe we can meet up sometime, spend the evening together? It would be so nice to finally see what Jussi's wife looks like."

The word "wife" made me freeze. I was old enough to realize that he thought he was having a "friendly-flirty chat" with his work buddy's wife. If the guy had known my parents better, he would've realized from the start that he was talking to his work buddy's underage daughter. You see, my parents have never gotten married, so while me and my little sister have our father's surname, my mom still has her maiden name. So when I introduced myself in the beginning he must've thought I was the Mrs. of the house, and since housewives were still quite common at the time, he didn't question how there was an adult at home so early in the afternoon.

I was so dumbfounded that I didn't have the courage to correct him at that point, because we had been talking for quite a while. I struggled in embarrassment through the rest of the conversation until he hung up. Still to this day I wonder if my voice really sounded so mature that someone would mistake it for a grown-up. I don't know if he ever found out about the mistake -- or my parents!  :D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 09:46:47 AM »

I'm not sure why I seem to have similar stories to the ones that have been posted to this thread already.  :lol

I've had more than one person mistake me for my Dad's wife. I was a teen as well the couple of times this happened the only difference was I met these people in person, so they could see I was young but they still thought I was the woman of the house.

It really is embarrassing for so many reasons, especially when you actually have to tell them, no I'm his daughter and desperately want to ask what kind of adult person is married to a 17 year old. How do people make such a mistake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up