Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Poll

Please choose your favourite theme for the 2021 EQFA calendar

Long Friendships
- 1 (7.1%)
Creatures of Elfquest
- 0 (0%)
Homes of EQ
- 0 (0%)
Landscapes
- 1 (7.1%)
Seasons
- 1 (7.1%)
Villains and Hero's
- 2 (14.3%)
Cliffhangers
- 0 (0%)
Lesser known characters
- 8 (57.1%)
Through the Comics
- 0 (0%)
Comedy
- 1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 02, 2020, 04:37:07 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2021 Fan Art Calendar - Theme Chit Chat  (Read 19905 times)

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Fan Art Calendar - Theme Chit Chat
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2021, 10:33:51 AM »

Oooh, so excited! Yaaayyy!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2021, 09:15:15 AM »

Sorry, all there will be a bit more of a delay but we're almost there, just waiting for feedback on the artwork so I know which are going up as the 12 months. Once I have that info the artwork will be up, shouldn't be much longer.

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2021, 03:12:54 PM »

How exciting :)
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2021, 03:03:00 PM »

Hi Maggie,

I understand that there is some delay for this year calendar but because it's already the end of January, is there something we could do for the person who's drawing has been choosen for this month (if it's already decided)? His/her work doesn't get the spotlight it deserves after the hard work. Maybe the month January can be uploaded?

And let me be clear (sometimes a bit of subtlety is lost in the translation) that I mean well to the participants. I don't blame anyone for the delay. It's just a waste of hard work and hope we can do something about it :) Hope I have been able to express myself properly.
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2021, 04:50:29 AM »

There is judging this time because there are more than 12 submissions, so no I can't upload anything until the judges decide which of the artwork makes it into the calendar. Plus it makes no difference when it all gets uploaded. It isn't like the artwork for January drops off the gallery once February arrives.  ;)

I'm sorry there is a delay but it is what it is, the calendar will go up once it has been judged. It isn't as easy as it is most years to get this part of the process completed, people have a lot going on and a lot more important things to worry about with COVID looming.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2021, 06:17:32 AM »

Absolutely. I think we are all just fustrated because a lot of things are on hold right now and wish to oooh and ah at the artwork to distract ourselves. At least here in Norway, as we got the UK mutation of the virus within our borders and are in our second lockdown. Yet it won't come faster than the judges can. We just have to be patient.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2021, 01:13:14 AM »

Lots of things got postponed (or cancelled), unfortunately. At least this project is still on track.
Can't wait to share it, but I can also be patient!

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2021, 08:37:10 AM »

Any news yet?

Heidi_Dayspring_Jones

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2021, 11:03:38 AM »

Judging soon? Just curious.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2021, 02:20:50 PM »

Hey y'all, I've just been in touch with Maggie--she encountered some personal issues that delayed the process. Both the calendar and the poll for next year will be up soon, please be patient for a little while longer <3

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2021, 12:25:45 AM »

Good to hear! I hope Maggie gets her things sorted out. :) I wonder if there's anything any of us could do to help?

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2021, 06:08:35 AM »

@Wildfire: thanks for the update!

@Maggie: I hope you're okay ♥

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2021, 12:10:23 PM »

Thank you so much for the update! I am really glad that Maggie is ok. :love

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2021, 05:35:58 PM »

Ok!

So, I absolutely have to post the 2021 calendar to Zazzle before the end of the month, or the money raised so far gets taken little by little (if I understand correctly). It's not my money so I don't want that to happen. I realize that most of you may not want a printed version this year, which I understand so please don't feel an obligation. I'm doing it because it's required to keep my Zazzle account active.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to go live with the calendar. There have been a few hurdles, to say the least, the last being me, or my computer deciding to accidentally delete/corrupt my final version of the cover. This seems to be an ongoing thing for me and has happened more than once, even though I try to do regular backups. I'm almost finished getting it back to a finished state (from an older version of the file), so keep your eyes peeled between now and the end of the month for the 2021 EQFA calendar.

I will also put up the poll (at that time) so we can vote for the 2022 calendar theme, I just figured it was kind of pointless until the current calendar went live (in case anyone decided they didn't want to continue to participate).

I hope all is well with all of you.  :love

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2021, 02:18:04 AM »

Ah, somebody is talking about computer problems. Me is awake! :)

So good to hear it's still happening, even though a paper calendar isn't really doing it for me at the end of March.
On the other hand: Looking at it not as a calendar but rather an arts object, things are different. So I could simply consider it as a couple of art prints for my EQ collection.

Backups are always a good idea, indeed. And sometimes, once you put a lot of work into something, it is good to put a copy at least of that very file somewhere else.
(I had my share of losses throughout time, dating back to the i486 days. Software error, hardware failures, or even my own stupidity.)

What strikes me is this "happened to me more than once". If it was on the same machine this might be a hint of a systematic error. Multiple reasons are possible, but worth to be checked, so you can decrease the number of events in the future. But I'd need more input on that matter to be of help.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »

@jaRf - Like I said, no obligation to buy the calendar. I always consider it as less of a useful object and more of a keepsake, since you basically look at the cover and then open the thing up to use and don't see the cover again until you take it down to replace it with the next year's calendar. I like having them though, which is why I buy one. But for those who actually use them, I can see why you wouldn't want to bother this year.

As for my computer, no not the same machine. I just seem to have issues when the calendar comes around. Either with a computer, the site or something else. The year we did the planners my computer completely died and I had to have someone retrieve the files for me. It's just that added little bonus that makes the calendar even more fun...haha.  ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2021, 10:59:58 PM »

So glad to hear that you are alright, Maggie!
Man, those PC problems are truly uncalled for... :( everything is so difficult lately.

Anyway, I am planning to order the printed version of the calendar!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »

Oh my gosh you guys!!! Thanks for all the wonderful art! I just keep rambling! Can't really grasp it yet.
Thanks so much Maggie!!! Wow, I just didn't expect so much art! Wow, wow, wow!!!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2021, 05:16:21 PM »

I was so glad to finally be able to post it.

I have had a series of unfortunate events as of late and the calendar kind of got lost under it all. I hope it was worth the wait.  ;D

Oh and before I forget if anyone does want to order the calendar there is a promo for 15% off, not sure when it ends so, you may want to grab one sooner than later. Also, you do have the option of making it a 2022 calendar or starting it at a certain month, so you can enjoy all the lovely artwork, even though it's already April.

The code is: APRILSAVINGZ

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2021, 11:53:51 PM »

:love :love :love It looks amaaaaaaaazing! So much fabulous artwork! Thank you so much for your work, Maggie :love now for the ooing and aahing :lol

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2021, 02:20:48 AM »

I love it! :love Well done everyone!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2021, 04:53:26 AM »

I ordered the calendar! Everything went super smooth. Thanks for setting this up perfectly, Maggie!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »

I have to admit this year's calendar was worth the wait.  I honestly think this is some of the best work in a long while.  Everyone seems to have really put a lot of time, effort, and detail into each and every illo.  I'm sorry we couldn't use all of the images, they were all so amazing.  Great work everyone!
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2021, 11:58:41 PM »

Ah, that looks like a nice one. Also the print seems to have a different aspect ration, which gives the art more space.
If I wasn't in the middle of my online-schooling I'd go for the art right now.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2021, 12:39:02 AM »

PS: I just noticed that you can also adjust the calendar's start date, so you could have it printed still for 2021, but also 2022 if you'd like. That's handy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up