Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About EQ fanart's life  (Read 2604 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
About EQ fanart's life
« on: February 06, 2020, 12:11:35 AM »

Heya! here with a more serious topic! just wanted to hear from people...

Is it really worth it for me and Czarine to try to keep this place alive?... I mean, don't get me wrong! I like the RPG I'm running and all! but sometimes I just wonder what will happen when we stop trying? I feel that Maggie has had these feeling too.. and no, I'm not saying everyone should rush to thew RPG or go to the EQ anondraw that Czarine made... but at times it feels kinda futile... Not talking about these current things but overall... I really love this place but I'm getting kind of tired... to all honesty I've been thinking about leaving this for a couple of years now... I've tried so hard and I'm running out of steam... and no one cares...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: About EQ fanart's life
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 10:04:31 AM »

It's a dark day when Berit's gentle spirit has been crushed. I (as Berit knows) have had similar feelings lately and I've come to a bit of a conclusion regarding the site. Hopefully this will alleviate the pressure felt by those who participate on a regular basis and those who are trying to keep this place lively and fun.

I'm keeping the site open and the calendar going.

Maybe this isn't the most practical of ideas. There aren't a lot of us here and some can't participate as often as they used to but the truth is there are enough things in this life fading into the mist. For selfish reasons I don't want Elfquest to be one of them. So our tatty little Holt will be here for those who want to visit. Anytime you want, no pressure. If you need a break, take it. If you can't do anything for the calendar this year, don't worry. If you want to be a ghost and lurk in the shadows, by all means lurk. We're here...open 24 hours...indefinitely...no strings attached.

Just as an aside, it's made me so incredibly happy to see all your EQ anondraw artwork. It was a brilliant idea to start that up (Berit and Czarine). You two really keep the magic going which is, well...magical. Thank you for all you've done, do and might do (if you aren't too burned out). I'm going to be joining in both the RP and EQ anondraw page now that my kitty is feeling better. So look out for some seriously bad artwork.  ;D

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

Your artwork can't be as bad as mine in AnonDraw ;D I am so curious since you claimed the two blobs in AnonDraw. What will she draw? Who will she draw?

Dear Berit,

I do care.
Lately I am here more often than ever before. I try to participate something, try to keep this side alive, join the joy. I never seen you as a silent and passive one so it shocked me to read that you're running out of steam. Please don't. Keep calm every now and than. One alone can never keep that activity on a side running. I don't know if I can manage to be active that way I am in the moment. But I will try for this is such a nice place, I love to be here and I am so thankful about what Maggie said.

Thank you for saying out loud how you feel and thank you Maggie for your will to not let it fading away into selfish mist.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 08:11:30 AM »

Oh Berit, please don't feel obligated to carry this place by yourself. I don't want to see you burn-out, or lose love for the fandom because of it getting too much. Take a break now and again, and come back when you're ready. ♥ Sometimes you need to take a step back to realise how much you love something.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 08:27:01 AM »

Yeah, what Afke said! You don't need to shoulder things alone, Berit. Everybody is entitled to a break if in need! This is a group effort, anyway.

I on the other hand have been having a blast! I haven't been this active here ever, I think. :D I'm bad at staying active in the forums, but when there's a chance at doodling, I'm up for it. That's one of the reasons I opened the AnonDraw, so that everyone could post crappy art together!  ;D

I've noticed that there has been more art in the gallery in this January than in the last few months combined. Sometimes quantity over quality is better! :D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »

It's true, breaks can be a good thing and they help you to realize whether or not you still love something or just feel an obligation. The site is staying put so absolutely no need for anyone to feel pressure to visit or participate when they don't want to.

However...Berit's Choplicker's Excitement in AnonDraw has inspired me to suggest some EQ Valentines (it reminded me of a Valentine card). Nothing fancy, you can do them in AnonDraw or PS or traditional mediums...or not at all. Just those cheesy kind that you may have received as a child. Cartoon imagery with a silly pun attached and lot's of tacky hearts.  ;D Thought it might be a fun way to keep the doodles coming.  :love

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 01:06:39 PM »

Maggie, that's a great idea! I'll try to participate, hopefully in time before Valentine's. :D Just gotta get the "tacky hearts style" going.  ;D

Amberfox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »

I can completely understand your frustration. When I was actively posting, no one seemed to be around. I myself wondered if it was worth posting. But that is the way it seems to be: someone grabs the torch for this site and runs with it from another that previously had the torch. It's the same way with holts; I have been working on a 30 page story for ages. I've asked others to help me illo it. They eagerly volunteer, then I never hear from them again. Very, very frustrating.

I personally love seeing your art, anyone's art, for that matter. It helps inspire me. I no longer have a group to do that; this is the last site for me to actively interact with other EQ enthusiasts. I would truly hate to see it fold; that has happened all too often over the years I've been involved in the fandom.

I would love to jump into the games you've started, but as I've said, I seem to piss people off when I do. I actually have a list of potential characters I can throw in, if you're willing to put up with me. Shall I send you a personal email about it?

AnonDraw, I tried to check it out recently, but I just have no knowledge or skills when it comes to computers or their programs. I'm just too stupid for it. I'm willing to give it a try, but no guarantees. I've played around with drawing and coloring on the computer, but the results were totally disastrous.

I've been lurking a lot on the site. I'm working on art, but it's taking me a long time to finish anything.  Like you, I suffer depression and have my moments. No need to go into details here; it's caused issues in the past with site members. Again, I'll be happy to email you personally.  I suspect we have a lot in common to discuss.

So, ultimately, don't give up. We're, well, I'm out here, and am willing to work to keep the site going. Don't feel you have to keep the site going; take a break, contribute when you feel like it. You're not the only one! Don't you see? Your activity got Maggie and Wildfire back into it! It can be frustrating, annoying, depressing, but hang in there. If you ever need to reach out, you have my email or you can contact me through the site.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »

*hugs Berit tightly* I also care a lot! For you and this site!
For me your efforts to keep the site alive and more active than it has been since many years are super successful! While there aren’t dozens of people active here, our dear core members have contributed so much lately and it is so much fun! This is really all thanks to you and Czarine! You definitely make a big difference for me and help brighten my days every single day!
I personally would miss you so much if you would decide to leave but of course, being and posting here should be fun, rewarding and a community experience, so if it doesn’t feel like that to you anymore it is very understandable that you want to leave. Just know that you would be missed!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 07:40:56 AM »

Thank you all! it was so good to hear from you! and don't worry, I'm not leaving! I still have lots of things to do and I really want to keep the RPG going!

Maggie! the Valentines day card thing would be great! I gotta jump on that wagon soon! and thank you for keeping the site alive, just know that if you were to choose otherwise, I won't blame you, I don't want you to burn out! and join only if you want to, I don't want anyone to feel as if I'm pushing them to do so! please pet the kitty for me! I hope the kitty will get all better!...

Yavia! thank you for taking time to speak here! I really appreciate people doing something here! it doesn't need to be anondraw, but what veer! I'm happy to see it! but you too, take a break if you need to, there is nothing wrong about it, take care of yourself too.

Afke, Thank you, I will try to take it a bit more easy now, I just really want this site to thrive again! I do know that I love this place... thank you so much for commenting!

Czarine! Hahaha! yeah! it seems we DID make a difference in something! hahah! gotta love the amount of silly stuff that has happened!

Amberfox! AYOOOH! Thanks for dropping by! and yeah, depression sucks, you try to battle it as well! do not give up and take care of yourself! and you don't have to join Anondraw nor the RPG, it is all up to you, do it if you want to! if you join the RPG, I'd be delighted! but don't do it just because I'd like it... it is great that you have been around this time! I'm so happy about it! thank you... seriously... I hope people will help you with the story, can I ask what it's about?... maybe we will find people here who will join! (I'd like to help!)

Treefoz, Thank you so much for your encouragement! I really appreciate it! and I won't be leaving, I DO love this site! thank you for always commenting! just take care of yourself too... and I'd also miss you so much if you left...
Pages: [1]   Go Up