Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87503 times)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #600 on: June 04, 2020, 03:18:17 AM »

"N-No! I don't want you to perish... not everyone is against you here. That is why I'm offering my help. Like you helped us when you let us in during the storm." Laluna tries to convince Wander of her sincerity. She looks disheartened for a moment when Wander just keeps walking, but she decides to follow him.

"Do you have a place to go to..? I think it would be better if you stayed and we searched for another holt. After all, it is your home... and we are in better health to search for a new home than you. The others seem to be thinking of exploring the surroundings anyway."

Laluna knows that Wander won't survive outside for long. She hopes that by convincing him to stay at the tower, she might have a chance to heal him with Stormvex.

(Laluna's persuasion roll: 5!)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 04, 2020, 05:07:52 AM »

Moondrop watches Marut walk away, feeling slightly betrayed that the new feeling of belonging he had inspired in her doesn't seem the be shared. But, as he seems set on caring for Wander, who she is no longer comfortable being around, perhaps it is all for the best. Dealing with all these other elves was giving her a headache, anyway. It would be good to get away.

**Yes,** She answers Runedance as she joins him. **Let's go.**
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 05:15:57 AM by Jeb »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2020, 07:40:50 PM »

(They are not on the top of the Mountain, but on a cliff that has a strange pole, there is still some way to the top, it is a mountain after all!)

Toad rubs his shin...

"They did gather bones and skins and they took them to this tent they had.. but I am not sure why... the skins often belonged to their own tribesmen who had wronged them in some strange way... or to those who tried to get away from the tribe..."

Yare suddenly vomits aggressively and holds his head, starts to sweat...

"T-That... that thing... t-that pole! it's... it's driving me mad! my head hurts!!..."

Yare let's own a scream and falls to the ground, he whispers...

"S-Something... i-is telling me to... kill you!! m-make it stop!...."

Ironglory knees down next to Yare and tries to get a hold of him! the pole somehow is doing something to Yare, and then suddenly, Antaka sees the snow turning red as blood! and something whispers to her...

"kill kill kill KILL KILL KILL!!..."

---------------------------------------

Wander looks at Stormvex and sends openly...

**but... near you... I'll be more capable of hurting you... even if you tied me up, I can still shape the stone... I... I don't know... what to do...**

Wander also looks at Laluna... for a moment he looks so lost, hurt and clearly hates himself... he reaches his hand to touch her but pulls away... fearing he will harm her again somehow... but then slightly nodding to Laluna...

Marut stops for a moment and looks at the all of them...

"Well... I can stay here with him... someone has to keep an eye out... and besides... he needs someone to help him... so you can all go..."

Marut seems eager to leave the group for a bit, he is a loner and all the social interaction clearly makes him wary and cranky... he notices this himself too... Marut looks at Stormvex and everyne...

"sorry... there are so many new faces... and I'm too used to living on my own... I didn't mean to offend you... I just.... think I'm coming a bit old..."

Marut scratches his beard...

"I just want what is good for everyone..."

Wood fox jabs...

"Well, OLD MAN! I bet it's best for us young and fresh individuals to go and do stuff! you sit your old butt here!..."

Marut smiles and nods... then says...

"... really... I'm sorry... may I have your forgiveness?..."

He looks at everyone in the eyes... it's clear that he means what he says... Mehadrin suddenly screams so that the whole opening echoes!...

"L-Look! there is something headed straight for us!... and everyone feels that they are losing their mins! it is a snow rabbit bigger than a bear!! it is clearly rushing in for an attack!..."

Marut stares at ti for a moment, that is not normal at all!...

Wood fox whispers...

"What in the knot is going on!?!..."

Amberfox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 08, 2020, 05:19:15 AM »

Stormvex is about to reply when the scream went out and the killer bunny appeared. He is clearly startled by it - how could he or Solstice not detect it beforehand?  No matter, he grabs his halberd and races toward the snowy white opponent.  Until he understood what this was about, distance seemed a better option.  **Solstice, Stormhunt, distract!  Neck or tail!**  He recalls the memory from Moondrop of the strange beast that turned into something ordinary and common.  Could this be the same situation?  He keeps his senses wide open to detect anything possible; was this another of the mountain's mysteries?

Solstice howls eagerly but not so sure about this thing.  But, food was food.  Briefly she wondered if Stormsong would be joining in.  She races to inspect for any and all weaknesses, and to possibly run it to exhaustion if need be.

Runedance is equally startled.  He was ready and eager to hunt, and now dinner serves itself!  **Woo-hoo!** he open sends as he charges with Stormhunt at his side, his sword firmly gripped in his hand.  A bow would work better, but not on such a large animal.  He needed something he could control more effectively...and it would be more fun this way, anyway.  **Food for all!** Stormhunt sends, nearly drooling at the thought of so much meat.  She wasn't concerned in the least where it came from or why it was so large (or fierce), but much like her bond elf, food was food!

Okay, not joking here, I rolled for each four:  Stormvex (6), Solstice (4), Runedance (4), Stormhunt (6).  How weird is that?  LUCKY, but odd.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 09, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

They skinned their own tribesmen? That is horrible!
Antaka looks at Yare in surprise. That pole did send him a message?

And there it was again, that bloody snowfield. And the urge to kill. She did have seen that before. She may be the only one before having dreams of the monster. Now Yare could see the same?

First she had that dream with the bloody snow. And she constantly seeing things from the eyes of another. Since she found that necklace! Like it connects her to another mind! The mountain, the horn's of some elk-deer and the heartshaped cave! All three things are embedded to the necklace and are connected to the monster! And now that pole is sending messages to others! Others that are not wearing that thing!

She shakes her head to silent that voice. With a firm grip she ribs that necklace from her neck and throws it away.
"I will not follow your orders!" she shouts. "Stop sending me visions! Get out of my head! If I should kill, I do kill you, you monster! Or one of your speakman if you don't dare to show yourself!"

She runs to the pole. Are there ropes that keep that thing in place she cuts them to get it lose. She tries to kick it over, to knock it down, push it aside, make it fall to the ground. Tries to make it stop sending messages to Yare and her in rolling it off the mountain or make it fall for a start.

(diced 6 - Pole..., you ask for it!)
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2020, 05:37:58 AM »

(waiting for some players to write, but I feel that it goes a bit too long for waiting... what would be a good amount of time for me to wait before I continue? because I am feeling this is too long of a time because I'm itching to continue!)

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 16, 2020, 07:41:45 AM »

(Hmmm, can't really tell what the right time might be. If it fits on a weekend for all of us then it's waiting till then?)

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 16, 2020, 07:46:22 AM »

(This happens in every game, in every jointly written story. Sometimes, things get so very slow. Since it's your game, I think the decision is yours to make, but 4 days wait should be okay; if a character is critical in a scenario, maybe a bit longer. At this stage, and it's only from my own perspective, our characters are separated enough that your continuing shouldn't interfere with anyone else. Maybe it will encourage the "silent" to reply, maybe players are waiting to see what happens to make a comment. Again, only my opinion. You know I'm lurking about and am patient...sort of.)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #608 on: June 16, 2020, 09:43:55 AM »

(I don't mind if you continue! I tend to also wait for others before I type my answer. Though this time I'm just late! Sorry about that. :D But I agree with Amberfox: when the characters are separated enough, it's safe to continue with those that are more active. And if some happen to get in the middle of the battle, they can be "carried along".)

For a moment Laluna is afraid that Wander decides to walk away again, but his hesitant attempt to touch her makes her more confident. He clearly doesn't want to be alone, and she's going to try to help him the best she can. She smiles a little, relieved, when he nods at Laluna.

"Come, let's return to--" she starts, when suddenly a giant snow rabbit appears out of nowhere!

"W-What is that??!" Laluna utters, but snaps out of confusion when she sees that the rabbit is going to attack! Immediately she looks around her, trying to find anything that she could use as an improvised weapon to defend herself and Wander.

(Laluna's roll: 4)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #609 on: June 18, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »

(Ok! four days wait should be enough! but now I will continue and if anyone has something going on can't respond, I'd love it if people would tell me, now you don't have to be online all the time, and if it's something personal, you don't even have to tell me why, but notice would be nice!)

The rabbit let's out an roar that makes the earth tremble and snow fall off of trees!...
 Wander stares at them all and asks...
"
What? what is going on? what are you all doing?..."

Marut cocks a arrow in his bow and takes a better stance to shoot at the beast! Mehadrin screams and runs behind everyone else...

"SAVE me same ME!!..."

The rabbit jumps and ends up high in the air and lands on top of the tower with a huge thud and breaks off parts of the stones just by it's sheer mass!... then launches itself towards them mouth full of deadly sharp teeth!... Marut releases his arrow (marut rolled 4)

he misses the bests mouth but hits it square on the nose! the rabbit rises to it's hind legs like a bear and roars from anger and pain!... Stormvex manages to hit the rabbit straight in it's stomach! a deadly spot for bears! the halbert sinks in deep, cutting muscle, fat and sinew... Solstice bites the beast's heel, stopping it from moving so fast and Stormhut is able to attack the neck of the bunny! biting down deep! blood sprays out of the bunny, coloring them both red!... rune dance slices the side of the beast open, but like marut, didn't hit anything vital..

Woodfox shoots with his bow (he rolled 3!) and hits one of the rabbits flailing ears but doesn't do anything much in his panic!... Wolfbane attacks ready to headbutt the leg of the beast (and rolls 1! oh no!) but slips and the bunny steps on her! Wolfbane baas in pain! Stormsong follows Soltice's lead! (he rolls 5!) and bites his teeth deep on the inner thigh of the bunny!...

Wader looks at them all in confusion, especially when Laluna also acts like there is danger...  Laluna pick up a branch from the ground, the branch is slightly pointed at the end but not the sharpest thing to be used as a weapon Wander asks...

"W-What is going on here!?"

---------------------

Antaka Attacks the pole with all her might! the ropes snap and she kicks the thing off the mountain! it falls down, hitting every stone on the way and antaka hears it in her mind a chilling screams of many things that fade away as the pole drops into ravine... strange relief washes over them all, serenity after a madness the pole was causing... Yare catches his breath and is on his knees... he asks...

"What.... was happening? what was that pole!... th-the madness! it almost got hold of me!.... thank you...."

Toads rubs his own face and seems deeply disturbed by what happened...

"it screamed... the pole... screamed...b-but... it was made of dead things!... not things that live!... by the high ones..."

Ironglory leans on her spear... then looks at Antaka...

"Warrior... are you alright?... you touched it... are you alright?..."

Antaka feels that she is alright, just relieved that the pole is gone... and strangely, she feels as if something that was limiting the range of their sending has also subsided a little... but she also feels it... something still blocks some of the sending... there must be another poles like the one she just destroyed...

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 18, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »

Stormhunt sinks her teeth further and further into the neck, the blood only making her hungrier and craving more. She wraps herself around the bunny, using her weight to bring it down. She lives for this!

Solstice attempts to hamstring the other leg to prevent it from kicking or clawing. She still wasn't sure of this strange beast, but it certainly seemed like a bunny.  And bunnies made good eats. Solstice's tail seemed to stand straight and wag slightly with delight. She too felt the wildness of the hunt. Swiftly, she reaches up and grabs at the haunch, yanking at the white fluff to get to the meat below.

As far as Stormvex is concerned, it was time to end this. Even strange, mutant animals deserved better. Knowing where the heart would be on a normal hare, he aims for the same area, avoiding the bonds and other elves.

Runedance grins widely and manically. **Finally!** he locksends to Stormvex and the bonds. **Something other than blabbing!** Grasping his sword, he launches for the bunny's back to slice the spinal cord.

(Looks like bunny's done for: Stormvex (6), Solstice (5), Runedance (6), Stormhunt (4) - the die gods smile upon me!)

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 19, 2020, 02:34:39 PM »

(Bunny needs two dice rolls, or a companion, wow Amberfox, go for it! )

Antaka wakes from her rage. heavily breathing she realise what just happend. She was wondering the same question Toad asked. It was made of dead things, how can they send and how can they scream? She has come up here to solve mystery's but this one, this pole was now shattered on the ground. There are more of them. Endanger her free will.
she watches her hands and starts rubbing them at the snow to get them clean. Pondering on Ironglorys words - you touched it. touched that disgusting manipulating thing! Fear creeps under her skin, fear of being a puppet, being out of her own control.
After feeling more clean she looks at everyone.

"Sorry, for this rampage, I just don't want to kill any of you and don't want taken orders from a monster. I have no idea how this foul magic works, why dead things can send or scream, but I do think it has all to do with the monster in the cave. We do have visions, so why not hear voices from a pole with dead meat?"

She looks at Ironglory. "I have had dreams about a monster high above looking down at bloody snow and the instinct to kill, a hunger infested me. Like they are my own feelings, but they are not. I view from up high through the mother birds eyes. It feels so real and I fear to not see the difference if it's a vision or reality. Maybe I'm infected, I touched the pole, I touched the dead boar in his monster form. Those visions they feel so real. Maybe I am affected easily by this visions? I didn't completely notice what I've just done. I only wanted it to stop giving me orders and I don't want to kill any of you. You are my tribe." Her eyes looks at everyone. She was dangerous in this state. What if she attacks one of them for real? The knights can defend themselves, but Yare? Her eyes lingers on Toad but she said to all.

"I am not sure what I will do, if another vision gets me. If you think I become a threat you have to shun me."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #612 on: June 22, 2020, 07:05:50 AM »

(Go Amberfox!  :o And yayy, Antaka is destroying the bad stuff! :love Mehadrin's scream made me laugh out loud. :D)

Laluna grabs the nearest sturdy branch she can find. It's not the best weapon, but at least it's better than nothing. She gasps when she sees Wolfsbane get trampled under the beast! She needs help, fast! But when Laluna is about to go, she hears Wander's words and gets confused herself.

"Can you not see the... the beast? The beast that looks like a giant rabbit?" she asks confused.

Laluna is starting to think that Wander's eyesight must be worse than she thought...

"Please, hide behind the tree! This spot is too open and dangerous." She gestures towards the great tree that stood next to the tower. She doesn't think Wander is in any shape to help in the battle, especially if he can't see the foe. She decides to wait and see how the battle goes, before she can go to Wolfsbane. The newcomers seem like seasoned warriors to her, and she doesn't want to get in their way with her measly stick.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #613 on: June 22, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »

Stormhunt tries to bring the bunny to the ground but the bunny's mass is too great for her to be able to do such a feat, but she manages to hurt the bunny more!..

Solstice bites down and feels her teeth sink in! a little too much actually, and her instincts kick in and she knows something is badly wrong! a pungent smell of rot pours from the wound! her instincts save her from getting rot on her mouth!...

Stormvex feels his weapon sink all too deep, like he is stabbing a large water skin and then he too feels the smell of rot permeating the air and sees corpse maggots falling from the bunny's mouth! He manages to pull bad before he gets any of them on himself!...

Rune Dance strikes his weapon straight to the spine and feels it snap but puss starts spraying from the would all over, coloring the snow putrid grey and yellowish brown! He manages to avoid it and then the horrid smell hits him too! the thing they are battling has been dead for long already!...

Stormsong bites down! (he rolls 2! noo!)
Stormsong dosn't sense the danger in time and the rot pours from the bearbunny's wound into his mouth, he immediately backs down when he tastes it and vomits violently and suddenly loses his ability to move and just shivers in the ground...

(Marut throws 5)
Marut shoots the bunny in the eye but also sees the maggots that pour from the creatures mouth!... mortified he stares at the thing, now it is clear that the beasts only eye never even looked straight at them, it stares emptily in the direction it was when the beast originally died...

Woodfox loses his cool and takes more distance, covering Laluna, Wander and Mehadrin instead of fighting... Mehadrin passes out and drops to the snow...Wander looks at Laluna...

"What? what beast?? rabbit?? what are you talking about? I see nothing there!.."

But he listens and takes shelter behind the tree, while trying to understand what is going on...

-------------------------

Toad listens to Antaka and then walks closer, his steps hesitate but only a little... He heavily but warmly grabs Antaka's shoulder...

"Nay! you shall not falter My good warrior! I have seen your will power... the fact that you even came to this place tells greatly of your inner steel... my fine lady... your will, is stronger than mine..."

Toad bows down deep, full of respect... but then bounces up and suddenly wraps his long arms around Antaka! hugging her cheerfully...

"And if it were to happen that you fell to this curse... I will personally promise you that I shall protect others from your burning fury!..."

Toad seems very happy... Yare looks at them and sighs...

"W-well... what ever that was, I'm glad it's gone!... but since when did humans have the power to do magic??... they cannot handle it, can they? I really though it was impossible for them..."

Ironglory seems deep in thought... then says...

"I fear there might be one of us helping them... one who has harnessed to gift to use... rotten magic... the very thing that was left to the ground by high-ones... what else could it be?..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 26, 2020, 01:33:24 PM »

(Awwwnn ... Toad's hug is sweet. :3
Bad stuff destroyer Antaka, jay!)

Relieved that someone will stop her if she goes mad Antaka sighs. The hug was so cheerfull and right what she needed after that horrors. She blushes slightly about his words and the contact and  says: "Thank you, Sir Toad. I am gladfull you keep trust in me and I hope I can maintain my willpower."
She looks at Yare than at Ironglory.

"I'm not sure what you mean, Lady Ironglory. Some magic of the high ones lingers here and make us think wired things? Can that magic create a monster? That monster in the cave perhaps? Or do you mean one of us is channeling the rotten magic to us, to this pole? Some of us makes the pole use magic on us? Send visions like enchanted boars or bloody snow, can it send me visions? It could be another elf I think, because of the magic. I do feel my sending ability has approved since that pole is out off the way. Like a blockade is lifted. If I come across another pole I will destroy it as well, I think it's blocking our sending ability."

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 29, 2020, 08:56:51 AM »

Stormhunt attempts to bring the evil bunny down, her initial failure making her determined all the more.  (Assuming she gets the same taste), she realizes this thing has a taste that even in her most starved state is inedible. Growling and snarling, she angrily swipes at it with all four paws and bites at the ears, hoping there is some part that she can latch onto without a repulsive taste.  It would be such a waste of meat (if there is any to be had!) and energy to merely give up and let go.

Solstice immediately releases this nasty thing and spits out whatever is in her mouth.  To further get rid of the rot, she paws at her jaws before using whatever snow or water that may be present to clear out her mouth.  **Yech!** she open sends.  **Bad! Rotten meat!**  Once she has cleared the rancid flavor from her mouth, she moves to Stormsong's side.  **Help?** she offers, sniffing at him.  **Hurt?**  She is not sure what has happened with him, but checks for injuries.  The stench coming off of him is worse than anything she's scented before, but death and decay is something she has experienced before.  She tries to send reassurance.

Stormvex snarls with disgust at this thing.  His mind reels with the thoughts and images Moondrop had sent to him earlier about another strange beast that wasn't what it appeared at first.  Clearly, whatever the "bad thing" is was still around.  Was it even there?  Had their minds been tricked and deceived so badly?  He steps back and quickly considers his next move.  **Runedance,** he locksends to his friend, **take this thing out, if it really exists, and let's put an end to this!**

Runedance shakes off the goo he had been sprayed with, mildly annoyed.  He could swear Stormhunt had rolled in something just as stinky before...at least once.  **I'm on it,** he replies before nocking an arrow.  How could he suggest this thing wasn't there?  Clearly it was, and he smelled enough to remind everyone it was.  He launches arrows into the beast, focusing on lethal points, until it stops.

Okay, I don't think Stormvex needs a roll here, so:  Runedance (6), Stormhunt (3 - uh-oh), Solstice (6).  Why can't I get these sixes any other time?!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #616 on: July 02, 2020, 10:37:43 AM »

Laluna looks after Wander, perplexed. How can't he see the monster?? She figures it must be some kind of bad magic that prevents him from seeing it.

Laluna turns to keep an eye on the monster, but sees that Woodfox has come to their aid. Since she feels more secure, she decides to try and go help Wolfsbane out of the battlefield, carefully trying to avoid going too close to the fighting.

(Laluna's roll: 1. Ohhhh boy...)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #617 on: July 03, 2020, 07:46:21 AM »

(and I am super late responding! there was a thunder that pretty much lasted few days, then I had to go to the hospital to check my blood pressure and it was super late I got in because there is still a lot going on with the Covid-19 and lastly, my mother (who is a drunkard) suddenly dropped by and I had to keep an eye on her so she wouldn't try to go drive home herself (it's a couple hours drive) so I paid for a ride... that was very VERY late! but DANG! maybe now I get to focus on things! So I was the one late from responding! sorry! SORRY!)

Toad looks Antaka with his blue eyes and smiles warmly, but steps back so Antaka would not get frustrated with too much hugging... Ironglory looks at Antaka, and Antaka sees that some blood drips from under Ironglory's helmet!... she might be wounded somehow!...  Ironglory nods and says...

"I too am not sure how this magic works, but what I've seen of ancient magic, it is capable of both wondrous and horrid things... it must be an elf to controll if... one of your friends... or someone we don't know..."

Yare looks at them all with his evening sky pink eyes... Yare asks...

"is anything we see... real?... is it a hallucination?... that cannot be... we still get wounds and... die... when these monsters attack..."

Yare gets very frustrated and angry...

"What ever this is I want it to stop! and I will do my best to make it stop!..."

-------------------------------------

Laluna tries to save Wolfsbane and reaches for her! but the beasts trashing makes the ground shake! Laluna loses balance and then the beast steps on her as well! Laluna hears her ribs crack apart and instantly blood gushes to her mouth! something, an organ was crushed and punctured!...

Stormsong lays on the ground panting, his vision gets blurry... he sends, weakly...

"...pack.... family... came back.... they call.... Stormsong... they call Stormsong to... follow..."

Stormsong takes a deep breath and falls completely silent.... but solstice's  presence somehow makes him still linger, unsure if he should follow his past family or stay here with his new friends... He is at death's door... Solstice is the only one keeping him here... and solstice smells it clear as day! poison in the rot! poison and tainted magic!... someone might be able to do something still is solstice finds help fast!...

Stormhunt tries to bite the thing but gets some of the goo in his eyes while ripping the beast! it immediately burns and blurs his vision! strange fear fills his mind and makes him suddenly unsure who is an enemy and who is friend! he might still be able to snap out of it! but it is hard! (must roll 4 or bigger to not attack friends!)...

Runedance attacks and shoots an arrow, it flies through the beasts nostril, piercing everything inside it's head and then exits' from the back of it's neck! the best, let's out a weak groan... and leans forward... crashes down in front of them... it starts to decay on alarming rate, coloring the snow orange from puss around it!... a strange feeling washes over them, odd relief... like the thing was sapping their minds while it was here, they just didn't realize it before... Marut sighs in relief... but then walks to Stormvex, Marut looks at the monster and asks...

"What is that thing??.... what do you think might cause something like that?..."

Then Marut noticed Laluna and Wolsbane broken on the ground!...

"LOOK!! We must help!! Hold on! I'm coming!..."

Marut rushes to them and is horrified seeing blood on the ground that's from Laluna's mouth...

"HEALER! QUICK!! We need a healer!!..."

Woodfox also runs to the horrified and starts pulling out herbs from a small pouch...

"These will dull the pain! she might die from pain alone!! someone with a knife! I need a knife!!..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 05, 2020, 07:43:38 AM »

(OMG! Laluna!!!  :o No, no, NOOOOO!
BTW That Bunny is really disgusting - Irgs!)

Yares words makes Antaka proud in some way. She didn't know him a lot, but his decision to make a difference against his fear at the start by going up that mountain fills her with relieve. They will stop it, together!

"It must be an elf. It can be one of my friends," Antaka thinks aloud. "It can't be Laluna, or Mehadrin. No they can't... or Moondrop... oh, no, I absolutely don't think that. Leaves Wander who is indeed a suspicious person." she looks around and fixes Lady Ironglory as she was just reminded on something.

"You are hurt, Lady Ironglory! What happend, when did it happen? Let us help you."
She rushed forward and lifts her hands in an attempt to get that helmet off to see what the injury looks like underneath. (To Attend to Lady Ironglory, take care off - I do not know if there is a special idiom for cleaning, examine, to dress a wound.)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #619 on: July 08, 2020, 05:55:33 AM »

(Ouch! I knew something went terribly wrong... :'D )

Laluna sneaks as close to Wolfsbane as she can, trying to keep an eye on the undead beast. She closes in next to Wolfsbane when she thinks it's safe, but the giant beasts trashing sends Laluna off her feet and she falls to the ground! She instantly regrets her decision to get so close to the monster, when the beast tramples Laluna and she hears the sickening crack from her ribs. She feels the blood gush into her mouth, and she has to cough, though it sends waves of pain through her chest.

Laluna tries to drag herself away from the beast, stopping somewhere near Wolfsbane, because the pain is too much. She hears Marut's voice near her calling for a healer, and it makes her feel guilty for being so reckless.

"I'm sorry..." she says weakly.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #620 on: July 09, 2020, 03:17:35 PM »

Ironglory's only eye gazes at Antaka from the shadows of her helmet, she lifts her hand below her chin and sees a droplet of blood falling onto her gauntlet... then she jumps back when Antaka suddenly rushes to take her helmet off, she backs away...

"I am fine!... no need to take off my helmet... "

She seems quite unwilling to show her face, but calms down...

"'Tis just my old wounds... some of them do bleed slightly... when snow starts to fall... I think the next night might be snowing... we should seek shelter before dark falls..."

Yare seems suspicious the moment when Ironglory doesn't want them to see her face... when Ironglory walks a bit further, Yare locksends to Antaka...

**What was that all about? what is she hiding??..**

Toad sighs and suddenly a dead fox drops between all of them! after it a screech form the skies catches their attention... it is the big blue bird... she looks at them for a moment before flying off... the fox is a gift from her to them!...

-------

Marut gently lifts Laluna's head when Woodfox pushes a piece of leather under it. Woodfow puts a stick in Laluna's mouth and says...

"bite into it. I am going to set your ribs in place!..."

without saying anything more. he pushes her side and the ribs crack back into pain! a huge wave of pain flushes over Laluna!... Marut looks at her teary eyed...

"Don't die... please... you will make it!..."

Woodfox looks at Laluna and wraps clothes and sticks around her rib case to keep everything it place, it makes breathing harder but the pain subsides a little... Woodfox says...

"Next we have to fix what is broken inside... I will do my best... but... herbs can only go so far..."

Woodfox starts grounding very bitter smelling herds ans moss into a paste... Marut gently caresses Laluna's forehead...

"Hey... ... I think you are going to make it... and when you do I will dig for the prettiest of flowers for you from under the snow... so you can smell the spring sooner than the rest of us..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 12, 2020, 03:56:39 AM »

Antaka stops and steps back instantly. She kind of suspected allready beforehand that Ironglory don't want to be taken care of. Or touched, or showing herself. That armor looks like a skin to her, like she never ever was without it.

She looksends back to Yare. "I'm not sure if it's hiding something bad. Both of them don't wanted to show their faces at first. Maybe she has a nose like Toad and is ashamed of it? Or maybe it's the showing in front of men the reason for that behavior."
She says aloud: "It's stupid to die on an infection. Take care of the bleeding yourself or let me help you with it. Old wounds can hurt, but not bleed. If a wound won't close it might be in a bad shape." She close her mouth and ended her sentence in her head: "Or in influence of bad magic..."

She looksends to Toad: "What is with Ironglorys face? Why does she hide it?"

She jumps as the fox drops down between them and looks astonished up to the bird.
"Thank you, Mother bird" she sends to the skies. "Your gift is most welcome." She was a little hungry by now.

If Ironglory was right they could search for shelter. She has no need to be in a show storm again. At least to eat something. And maybe to look up this suspicious wound.
"I do think we make a short rest getting back to strength with eating something. Maybe there is a small cave we can seek shelter."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 12, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »

(Just came to say sorry that I haven't been around for a while. I'm kind of a private person and don't want to get into details, but I have been dealing with a major, life-changing event that I am still adjusting to and find, that right now at least, this just isn't where my head is.

I've enjoyed being part of this, and maybe will be again, so I don't want to kill off Moondrop. I guess she got freaked out by the bunny battle and ran off?)

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 13, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »

(Jeb, I am so very sorry to hear about your issues. You don't have to go into any detail; we have all been in situations that prevent us from considering anything else until the situations are resolved. Hope you can return very soon, but until then, take care of yourself and hang in there. Runedance will miss Moondrop! Perhaps Moondrop can simply vanish during all the crazy activity? She can return easily with Berit's great ideas later on. I myself have been very distracted, but I MIGHT be given a bit of a reprieve in the next few weeks)

Solstice whines and nudges Stormsong. She can feel him slipping away and isn't sure if she should call him back. It is "The Way" to surrender and let go under the right circumstances, but is this circumstance the right one? She sends to him, calling, but not demanding him to answer or return.  The choice is his, and she will respect it.

Stormhunt snarls with annoyance and finally releases the vile prey.  She rubs her eyes and face in the ground, water, snow, or not.  She growls and paws at her mouth to remove some of the rotten taste.  She briefly thinks anything large and strange must not be good eats around these parts.  She suddenly felt homesick for the dense, hot jungle. She'd rather be shedding and panting than sick.

Stormvex is about to answer Marut when he calls out for help for Laluna.  He hesitates when he receives a send from Solstice and notices her hovering sadly over Stormsong. He looks back at the elves surrounding the blue haired healer and takes a deep breath.  He rushes to the wolves, since no one was checking on them.  Perhaps he could help them and then race to Laluna's side.  **Marut, the wolves need tending; I'll be there in a moment. I can only herbal heal but I might have something that can help,** he quickly sends to the grey haired male. 

Solstice licks her bond's hand.  **Help? His pack calls but he not decided.**  Stormvex understood and reaches for his own pack of personal items.  He pulls some herbs and healing liquids Sona had given him. He tried to remember which was which and what did what.  He mixes a few to make a compound to combat what might be the poison(s) and pours it carefully down Stormsong's throat so he won't choke on it.  **Carefully, friend,** he encourages.  **I am Stormvex, Solstice's bond elf. This may help. Rest. We will wait for you.**

Runedance rolls on the ground away from the goo left by the strange beast to clean himself a bit.  He grins, feeling the joy of the simple pleasure.  He hears the commotion of the others and stops long enough to assess if he's interested or not.  He certainly was no healer, and there were several elves attending the fallen.  He takes note of his friend and their bonds.  Rising, he goes over to them.  He is about to suggest something when he sees Stormhunt.  He walks to her, grinning.  **Just didn't know when to give up, eh, puffball?  Hang on, I gotcha,** he grabs his own pack and returns with a flask.  **Drink it; it'll help.**

Mixed results.  Solstice (2...well, shit), Stormhunt (6 - hurray!), Stormvex (5 - well, maybe Stormsong has a chance!), Runedance (5 - suck it, evil thing)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #624 on: July 14, 2020, 05:40:02 AM »

(Sorry to hear that, Jeb. I hope you get your life back on track soon. You're welcome back anytime you feel like it! I'm sure Berit can think of a great plot twist for Moondrop. :) )

Laluna bites into the stick Woodfox gave her and lets out a muffled scream when he cracks her ribs back in place. The pain is almost enough to make her pass out.

Laluna doesn't really focus on Marut's gaze, her eyes just stare out filled with pain. Her expression relaxes a little when Woodfox has finished the bindings, and her eyes turn towards Marut's but she's too weak to say anything to him.

She tries her best to stay still and conscious.

(Laluna's roll: 6! And go Stormvex! Let's keep the pack alive!)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up