Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87463 times)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »

Laluna smiles when Wolfsbane seems so delighted of attention. She wonders if she was well cared for by her owners too because she's so trusting and social.

Laluna is startled when Wander suddenly lets out a moan! She's surprised to see him awake so soon, and it gives her hope of his quick recovery.

"He is alright... the others took him outside to cool off." she answers Wander's question and touches his arm to calm him down.

"You should rest now. You took quite a hit." she speaks to him in a calm way.

Laluna is curious to know Wander's side of the story, but he seems too weak to really talk...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2020, 03:24:29 PM »

What an odd question, Moondrop thinks. "I just met you, I have no love to confess. As for getting off..."

She turns to Marut. "We've found your noise-maker. Do we let him go?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »

Wander gently grabs Laluna's hand into his... Wander's fingers feel a bit cold as he is in a bad shape, then he suddenly starts coughing heavily and has hard time breathing...

"I... I need to sit... my lungs..."

he says between gasps... forces himself into sitting position  as a little gurgling sound can be heard... he coughs out some fluid... then seems to breathe better but looks exhausted and accidentaly collapses to lean on Laluna, he looks at her...
"
... Hi...."

---------------------------
the Fox hunter smiles at his own stupid joke, Marut thinks...

"hmmh... I see no reason to keep him pinned... but... he does seem a bit of a rascal... I have a feeling that he will bother us after this..."

the fox hunter says...

"Oh no! you've seen in my soul! is this, is this recognition??..."

he looks at Marut with the best in love face he can muster, Marut slightly kicks snow to his face!...

"stop that!... I don't want to hear any jokes about that awful thing!... who would want to recognize anyone??.."

Marut gets chills down his spine...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #428 on: March 13, 2020, 03:31:11 AM »

Laluna feels the cold in Wander's hands. His body needs more warmth, but Laluna isn't sure she can get him near the heatstone by herself.

She helps him to sit up and watches him, examining his cough, especially when she sees some fluid come out. She decides that she must try to find out what's wrong with his lungs.

Laluna is startled when Wander suddenly collapses, fearing that he lost his consciousness, but she's relieved to see he's alright. His close presence reminds her of the strange and scary moment between them a while ago and it makes her feel awkward.

"Y-You've lost a lot of blood... so be careful if you try to get up." she says, and tries to help him sit up properly. She feels irritated towards herself for being so skittish when near Wander. She should be helping him, not fear him.

"May I examine your chest again? I'd like to try to find out what's wrong." she asks. Maybe she could better understand his condition with touch and magic.

(Laluna's roll: 2.  :P )

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #429 on: March 13, 2020, 07:25:16 AM »

Wander undresses his chest and lets Laluna examine him, she hears that his breathing is labored and there is some mucus on the airways... Wander keeps his eyes closed and looks tired again...  his chest and clothes are still bloody but the blood has started to dry up... Laluna doesn't manage to find anything new when examining him... but as she is listening, suddenly Wander puts his hand on top of Laluna's head, and pats it gently...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #430 on: March 13, 2020, 08:42:55 AM »

Laluna frowns when she can't find out what is going on with Wander's lungs. She can hear that there's mucus and probably some fluid in his lungs, judging by his coughing earlier.

She notices that the blood is starting to dry on both of them. She makes a mental note of fetching some snow to clean up when she's startled by Wander's touch.

Laluna's cheek is partly smeared with blood when she lifts her gaze to his, confused.

"...Is everything alright?"

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2020, 09:32:01 AM »

Moondrop stands up off of the fox hunter, dusting snow off her cloak. She doesn't understand what Marut and the fox hunter are talking about, but can see that it upsets Marut, so decides to move the conversation along.

"Well, there's that mystery solved. If the danger everyone is talking about turns out to be this harmless, then this area might be a good place to settle for a while. Close to water...lots of game..."

She pauses, thinking of the area she's been through and where she might like to den. Then she turns back to the fox hunter.

"You didn't answer my question. Why were you out in that terrible blizzard?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #432 on: March 13, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »

Wander just looks at Laluna with a gentle smile on his face... he looks her in the eyes for a little moment, but turns his gaze away. also nervous because of what they felt earlier...

"Yes... everything is alright... I just.... I am thankful... for everything..."

Blood on Wander's pale white skin looks so odd in it's contrast, like blood mixed with snow...Wander ponders about something and then looks a little sad all of sudden... he takes his hand off Laluna's head...

------------------------------------------

The Fox hunter sighs...

"Ah! I hoped you would forget... well... fine... I have a hideout of my own... and I'm no stranger in hunting in blizzards and awful weathers... those are the times when my true prey shows itself... a fox with completely silver fur!... I am going to catch that fox!..."

Marut looks at the hunter for a moment but turns to look at Moondrop, the fox hunter immediately asks...

"So? are you lovemates?..."

Marut looks immediately anxious and then frustrated...

"No... no we are not..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #433 on: March 14, 2020, 01:39:03 AM »

Laluna turns her own gaze away when she sees that Wander is also nervous. She can feel an awkward silence forming, and she dreads it. However, her compassion takes over the feeling.

"I can see that something saddens you..." she says timidly. She looks at the drying blotches of blood on his white skin and worries how much paler he's become of the blood loss...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 14, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »

Moondrop shakes her head at this foolish stranger. Again he talks of love when there are other things to think about that matter!

"Is this your home?" She asks. "Do you have a tribe?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2020, 04:56:02 PM »

Wander looks sorrowful for a moment...

"I am sorry.... I... should not... try to be so close... I am sorry if I made you feel... uneasy..."

for a moment it is clear, Wander might want to feel even closer to others than he is... but he knows that others feel that he is too suspicious, for a moment he closes his eyes, like he feels that there is no way to climb over that wall and he is stuck on the other side of it... alone... Wander shakes from exhaustion... but suddenly forces himself up... he walks to his chair like it is the only companion he will ever know... he weakly says to Laluna...

"Thank you... please... go... have fun with the others... I will be fine... here..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fox hunter shakes his head and smiles warmly...

"Nah... I don't have a home!... I left my tribe long ago... I never felt I was wanted there so I left... didn't say a word to anyone... and I partly feel that no one even noticed I am gone... or that they are happy about it..."

happiness in his eyes fade a bit even if he keeps smiling... but then his smile fades too... he tells them...

".... okay... the real reason I left... is when I found out what they did to my brother... ... they sold him him as a slave... to raise me... I... I could not... look them in the eyes anymore... and honestly... I don't know how I will ever make it up to my brother... all he had to endure... because of me..."

the fox hunter seems very sad, but then smiles and bounces up...

"but! it's none of your concern... sorry... shouldn't have said anything..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2020, 04:37:01 AM »

Laluna looks confused and lost when Wander gets up and forces his body to return to the throne. She hears his words, but her expression turns determined. She walks to Wander and takes his hands in hers, even though they're stained with dried blood.

"You know I cannot do that." she looks at him in the eyes and continues with calm words.

"I'm a healer. I cannot rest or enjoy myself when someone is still... broken." she pauses for a moment. Laluna feels tired, but the worry and need to heal Wander is stronger. She feels a bit embarrassed all of a sudden.

"...I know I might feel distant to you, but I assure you, it's not... it's not you. I feel afraid, but I cannot really tell what it is that I'm afraid of..." she speaks timidly.

"But it shouldn't stop me from helping you... or you from being close to me. That itself is a form of healing."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2020, 06:39:42 AM »

Wander sits on his throne keeping his eyes closed and breathing heavily... he  doesn't look at Laluna when he opens his eyes, just keeps his gaze somewhere on the floor...

".... Maybe you all should leave me... it cannot be coincidence that you all find me suspicious... Yare... ... Yare would not have attacked me... without a cause... ... what is happening to me?... something... ails my body... and my spirit... I feel it... I... I am so happy... that you tried to help me... I truly am..."

Wander says and gently pets Laluna's hands...

"but please.... please go..... don't sink with me... to where ever I'm going... live... be happy.... take care of the others...."

Wander looks very tired and sad... and loses consciousness again...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2020, 09:41:44 AM »

"They sold your brother as a slave?!" Moondrop asks, aghast. "Whatever for? What would they need so much to give up one of their own?"

Some of the human groups she had followed had kept slaves, either of their enemies, or in some cases for reasons she didn't understand some were just born as slaves. From what she had seen it was usually a miserable life.

"Is your tribe nearby?" Moondrop doesn't want to come across his tribe. If they could treat one of their own that way, she worries what they would do to her.

But there is a tribe she knows was nearby. "Are you part of Wander and Yare's tribe? Did you come looking for treasure?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #439 on: March 15, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »

the Fox hunter shakes his head...

"No... they are not near by... if we don't count my brother... I left them long ago and who knows how much distance I have put in between me and the tribe since then... I... honestly don't know what they gained... but they said they could not have afforded to keep me alive any other way... but I don't believe them......"

The fox hunter raises his dark eyes to Moondrop's...

"And I don't know this Yare of Wander... only that Wander is some sickly elf in the tower..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »

"You must have been important to them for them to give up your brother to save you. Then you came here looking for him? Did you find him? Did you see anything strange? Any monsters from the mountain? Is that how you found the fox?"

Moondrop's curious mind is full of questions.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #441 on: March 16, 2020, 09:40:46 AM »

Laluna listens to Wander's words, worried about his state. It seems he doesn't remember what he's done... and his sickness feels strange to her. Maybe it's somehow magical?

"We won't leave you..." she tries to reply to him but sees that he loses consciousness again. She thinks it might be because he's sitting upright, the blood left in him can't reach his head that well.

She decides to try to move the heatstone closer to his throne and collects the pillows she made earlier close to his throne. Then she carefully pulls Wander down from his throne on the pillows, propping him in a half-sitting position against the throne's base. That way the blood might circulate easier, and his breathing wouldn't be as difficult... she hopes. At least the heatstone should keep him warm.

She monitors his vitals for a while before she decides to take a vessel to bring in some snow and melt it, so she can wash them both from the dried blood.

"Take good care of Wander, would you?" she smiles at Wolfsbane before leaving.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #442 on: March 16, 2020, 03:04:30 PM »

"Strange? well, the fox! I had seen it elsewhere but I thought I lost it forever... but then I found him here again!... other strange things? well... a strange... door? of sorts... it had this strange square hole?... but I don't know how to open it of what is behind it..."

the Fox hunter says and rubs his neck...

"But monster's... I haven't seen any monsters around... what... kind of monsters?..."

the hunter starts to look worried... Marut looks around him, also wondering what are the monsters Moondrop keeps talking about, he takes the subject very seriously...

-----------------------------------------

Laluna goes outside to fetch water, Toad and the others are still standing there and they clearly don't believe their eyes, Laluna also sees that the corpse of the monster is gone! in it's place there is a carcass of a wild boar!... Toad talks to Yare...

"I swear there was a great winged beast here! we slew it ourselves!..."

Yare doesn't look convinced at all...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 16, 2020, 06:37:15 PM »

"Well, something threw the remains of an Elk at Antaka and I when we were hunting. All that remained were the head and the back bone."

"Then a horrid snarling beast attacked us from out of the snow." Moondrop's hand touches the hilt of her new dagger as if for reassurance that it is still there.

"Tell us more about this door. Where is it?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2020, 12:41:07 AM »

the Fox hunter looks at them with wide eyes as he hears of Moondrop's stories about the beast...

"R-Really?..... something... like that? here??..."

He clearly feels more unsafe now... He thinks for a moment then says...

"The... The door?... oh! yes!... why don't I show it to you instead of telling you where it is? that way you cannot miss it!..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2020, 02:12:45 AM »

Laluna takes a larger piece of cloth and plans on scooping some snow on it when she sees the others where they were battling the monster before. She decides to go to take a closer look when she hears Toad's dumbfounded voice. She looks baffled when she sees that instead of a monster there lays a boar.

"W-What is this? Where's the monster? It can't be that!" she exclaims.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2020, 08:04:34 AM »

Yare looks at Laluna, clearly wondering why she is with the rest on the crazy story about a monster... his pinkish eyes look at the Board...

"well... it is a pretty big boar... maybe in the dark it looked more monstrous?..."

Toad shakes his head, then looks at Laluna...

"My dear Blue Jay... I am not going mad am I?.. you saw a monster too?.. a big, winged one at that.."

Toad's shiny blue eyes are full of confusion, then he looks at Yare, wondering what they should do with him now...

"I think we should tie you up... until the situation cams down, terribly sorry about that, my good man..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »

Moondrop looks over at Marut. He hasn't said much, so she wonders what he's thinking about their new friend.

She sends to him, "What do you think? Do you want to find out more about this door? Or is your curiosity satisfied now?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #448 on: March 17, 2020, 03:48:52 PM »

Marut jerks back a bit at the sudden sending, he tries to send back and clearly focuses on it very, very hard!...

"Door... might be...... good.... good.... to know... what..... ... what.... is there..."

Marut lets out a heavy sigh then straight up says...

"Lets just go to the darned door..."

He seems very frustrated, not at Moondrop but to his strange hardship at sending, he kind of looks disappointed in himself for not being able to do it well and slightly just rolls the belt of his arrow quiver in his hands... he doesn't want to look at Moondrop in the eyes after that... Fox hunter looks at them puzzled, he doesn't know why Marut suddenly seems to be disheartened by something...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2020, 08:04:41 PM »

Moondrop notices Marut's discomfort and remembers his garbled sending from before. She realizes it's hard for him and is sorry that she made him feel bad.

She doesn't want to draw attention to what happened, so she smiles at Marut and the hunter. "You heard him. Where's the door?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up