Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87416 times)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2020, 07:29:22 PM »

Moondrop gratefully breaths in the crisp air. Away from the others she feels calmer, and remembers her plan to go explore the lake.

But first, she decides to try throwing her new dagger just to see what it feels like.

The first couple of throws don't go far and her hands quickly cool from retriving the weapon from the snow. Her arms begin to burn from the unaccustomed weight, but eventually she is rewarded when the blade sinks into the dead wood.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2020, 12:03:28 AM »

Moondrop notices that Toad is right, the crossguard makes the throws less accurate, but it can be worked around... The crossguard is sturdy enough to be used as a miniature pickaxe, but adds weight and windresistance... Lots birds are camping nearby, they dig the snow In hopes of finding some thing...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2020, 08:04:30 AM »

Moondrop thinks again about her plan to go explore the lake now that the weather's calmed. She has some pieces of dried meat in her cloak, but she wishes she could get some more from Wander's cache. If only she had his rock shaping magic!

She walks over to see where the birds are digging. Maybe there are some seeds or dried berries that she could eat as well.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2020, 09:21:53 AM »

the birds scatter as Moondrop walks close, their wings giving fluttering sounds... they land again a little distance away and continue their digging... when Moondrop looks at the ground of what the birds have already dug up, there really is tiny red berries! they are a bit frost bitten but they seem surprisingly resistant to cold!.. their cheery red color shines from the frosty ground...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2020, 03:50:31 PM »

Moondrop eats a handful of berries right away, stashes another handful in her cloak pocket, then starts walking in the direction she remembers the lake being.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2020, 04:15:52 PM »

the weather is getting sunny and surprisingly warm, the kind of warmth that tells that the spring is around the corner... a small fox runs from Moondrop and vanishes into the distance... the air is fresh and nice... she soon arrives to the lake and immediately sees cattails and woods growing near it... there is a thin layer of ice so walking on in might not be the best idea... but there is definitely fish in the lake!... it must be a nice place to swim in the summer...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2020, 04:25:28 PM »

Inside the Cave:
Mumbling annoyed Antaka stands up.
"All right, I'm coming with you, Toad. I will come with you and fight whatever beast there dwell. You have my spear. So down we go to make things safe here or leave this place." She looks at Laluna and Wander. "Watch yourself and keep safe, both of you" She grabs her spear and gets ready to follow Toad down in the forest. She admits to feel a bit curious, what a forest will look like.

Diced 5

(Wow, that Spring's coming fast - did we kill winter?)
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »

Toad lets out a heavy sigh, apparently he wouldn't really want Antaka anywhere near him anymore, but is polite and bows...

"thank you for your assistance, Norah huntress..."

Yet he shows no real signs of closer friendship... Wander looks at them...

"if... you are sure?... all right... here goes..."

Wander moves his hands and the floor to the lower room moves and a hole forms... there really is lush greenery inside! Toad rubs his Chin...

"My word, what a curious forest..."

Toad slowly heads inside in steels himself for combat... it's very lush and a bit dark below the floor, and there seems to be tunnel heading somewhere... warm little droplets of dew shine on the plants near them...

(Toad throws 4, both are ready if something pops up! and the beast they killed was linked to the weather, it's warmer now that it's gone)

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »

Antaka follows strained. She knows she has hurt Toads feelings and he has all rights to be huffy. But why has he touched her unasked after she was allready exploding? Why did he give her a silly name? Why can't he see, that she comes from a different place and might have a different way of naming things? But she would no longer mind. He can stay miffed as long as he wants if he only gets to team up in a fight. She certainly will, no matter how much loath she might carry.
Carefully she touches the leafs. She knows there can be water on plants in the early morning, but she never seen such plants. What is this forest for a strange thing. Growing in the shadow, in deep earth, away from the sun? Where did the tunnel lead she wonders.

(That is a nice idea with "killing the winter" Like it!)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »

Toad looks at the plants...

"Common green moss. beard lichen and ferns, but how do they survive here?... very odd..."

the ground in soft, there is some water below the moss that pools up from it when the moss is stepped on... they also find tiny little mushrooms.. soon they stand near a bigger opening to the cave, they have not seen animals or anything like that just yet... as they peek through the opening they find ma massive cavern that is fully green! there is even a waterfall and a small lake... only thing giving light to the place is a big heatstone that is in the roof of the cavern... small droplets of rain drop on them even as they are inside...

"What on earth is this place? I have never seen a place like this..."

Toad sends about their find to the others...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:10:31 PM by Berit »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2020, 05:24:04 AM »

"Me neither" Antaka sends astonished and suppress some giggle afterwarts. "Sorry, off course I never seen such place. I'm encouraged by your words that I'm not alone with seeing this... wilderness..?.. inside the earth... kept alive with some giant sunstone in the roof." She looks around her eyes narrowed and sends again to Toad. "Do you think something might hidden in all this green? Do we make some noise to lure it out of this perfect hiding space? To be hornest, I'm overextended by this sight. Everything moves slightly I'm not sure to identify what make things move. The rain or a monster or some twine - was it twine they dreamed about? Also is the swoosh of the waterfall drowning my hearing a bit. Do we make a loud noise or do we sneak through and search for something dangerous?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2020, 07:12:24 AM »

Toad looks around and says...

"I do feel we are not the Best at sneaking In a terrain as this, you are from the deserts and I am from wintery wastelands... So noise it is, my good Norah Huntress..."

With that, Toad clears his throat and suddenly starts to sing loud enough for anything In the cavern to hear...

"At the time of the pollen
With gifts spring brought
O Comrades Who've fallen
Comrades Who fought
News so sullen
Make your lady distraught
For you Comrades befallen
I help your lady aloft"

Then he stops singing and listens to the surroundings, nothing, not a sound apart from the softa roar of the waterfall...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2020, 07:33:52 AM »

Laluna is anxious when Toad and Antaka go underground. She wants to go with them, but she understands that she must stay safe as the healer of the tribe. She guesses that Moondrop must've gone to get some space outside.

"I hope they will be alright..." she says to Wander.

To make herself calm down, she decides to warm up some of the broth she made earlier. Keeping her hands busy has always helped her cope with stress.

"Are you hungry? There's plenty of broth if you want some." she looks at Wander.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2020, 08:07:33 AM »

Wander looks at the hole where Toad and Antaka went through...

"I Hope they Will be alright and that they get along..."

Wander lets out a tired sigh, then he looks at Laluna...

"Yes, thank you..."

Wander walks to Laluna and stands near her, he the gets amazed by what Toad send...

"A fully lush cavern below the tower??... How haven't I sensed something like that?..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 23, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »

Antaka starres at Toad and starts to laugh. Than stops and listen too, looks around.
"Good boy you can sing!" she praises, still giggling. "Nice voice, Sir Toad!" She went a bit to the side to take another angle to look at the green before and around them. Scans the surrounding for something wired or some movement.

(I just assume he has a good singing voice)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 23, 2020, 09:02:53 AM »

Moondrop breaks the ice on the lake and takes a drink, splashing some of the cold water on her face. For a minute she just sits, enjoying the warmth of the sunlight.

She gets up and makes her way around the lake, pausing occasionally to add useful plants she recognizes to her pouch.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #291 on: February 23, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »

Toad bows to Antaka's compliments, the looks at the cavern again... Nothing was lured to them despite Toad's nice singing... Toad slowly heads down near the water while keeping his guard up...

"Are we certain there is something here? Nothing has appeared to threaten us yet..."

—————————

Moondrop walks by the side off the lake, untill She finds herself near a tall, old pine forest... Squirrels have awaken and climb all over the trees, some bark and pines drop silently to the snow near Moondrop, it is so peaceful and quiet...

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:52:29 PM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #292 on: February 23, 2020, 10:18:57 AM »

Laluna stops her cooking for a moment when Toad's sending reaches them.

"Seems like a wonderful place! Now I really hope that it will be safe... it would be easier to find herbs, too."

She then gives some steaming broth to Wander.

"It's curious how you haven't sensed that place before. Maybe it's hidden with magic somehow?" she wonders.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #293 on: February 23, 2020, 11:02:16 AM »

"maybe... Or Else I could have sensed it... Large cavern like that could not have gone un noticed by me otherwise..."

Wander states and takes the broth bowl from Laluna... Then he looks at Laluna with his milky eyes...

"thank you... You... Do you also think I'm am hiding something from you?.. I am not... But I doubt I can make you believe me In that..."

Wander gently touches Laluna's arm...

"thank you... For helping me..."

Wander walks slowly to his throne and sits down exhausted...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 23, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »

"Not really certain, no" Antaka answers from the other side of the cave she has reached by now. "There have been dreams and the fact alone of a forest underground is suspense. Two of us had dreamed similar things so that could have meant something, we thought."
She parts the fern with her spear and looks at the ground for holes or signs of a hiding place. "Better safe than sorry." She adds and bows down to the moss and touches it. It's wet and soft. Strange grass she thinks. She don't know any of the plants. Some seem similar to ones she knows but she was not even able to guess if they are eatable.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #295 on: February 23, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »

They search and Search but cannot find anything that seems to be of harm to them... Toad lowers his blade a little and gasps...

"damn this humid air... making me sweat..."

He starts taking off his winter clothes, revealing his blonde straight cut hair, and nose that is majestically funny looking, there is something similarity in it's build with lions nose, he also is clearly older than the others, having wrinkles that many of them do not have... his lips are also a bit more on the puffier side...

"much better..."

He neatly packs his winter clothes over his arm... looks at Antaka...

"should we head back, Norah Huntress? or is there something you'd would like to check still?..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »

Moondrop is glad to know about the other elves, but she feels so much calmer here in the forest. There is water close by, and lots of game to trap. She decides that as she walks she will keep an eye out for some sheltering place that she can make her home for awhile.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #297 on: February 24, 2020, 07:51:50 PM »

Moondrop walks around in the forest until she suddenly locks her eyes onto another elf's silvery piercing gaze! She didn't sense him at all as it seems he has been standing in the same place four our's as snow has gathered to his shoulders and hair and his tracks have been hidden by it... it takes a moment for her to recognize the now bearded elf, but his big nose and odd silver hair are clearly recognizable, it's Marut! she met him last in the misty forest... Marut stares at her for a moment as he doesn't quite know how to react, he seems somehow more feral but calm... there is even fur growing from the tips of his ears... then he breathes out and says...

"Oh?... well met... lot's of game here... good, isn't it?..."

His eyes are strangely sharp, but it seems it is because he is simply so lost to the hunt... he must be here simply waiting to surprise a larger prey...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2020, 07:52:01 AM »

"You?!" Moondrop croaks out in surprise. Although as she gathers her thoughts it feels it shouldn't be a surprise to see Marut, having just spent time with Laluna. It's just that everything that happened at the tower was so bizarre, here in the comfort of the forest Moondrop could almost convince herself it had been a dream. But here is another familiar elf from that strange misty almost-dream before.

She looks around. "And the others? Are they here as well?"

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2020, 08:10:13 AM »

Laluna looks at Wander for a moment, thinking of an answer to his question.

"Everyone has things that they hide from others... but I don't think you would hide something that could endanger us." she answers, smiling in a friendly manner.

She watches Wander for a while, thinking that all the recent events must've taken a toll on him.

Laluna checks if there are any leftovers from the big bird she could take upstairs to Stormsong.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Up