Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 89364 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2020, 08:46:33 AM »

Stormsong looks at them and sends...

"dark friend might be right, it might be sick ones family..."

The could wind suddenly blows very sharply and so sharp that Moondrop, being the smallest of them has to take a side step so she wouldn't fall over... Antaka also feels it, the cold is so intense it almost burns the flesh of her ears, the feeling is new to her, who would have known cold can feel like burning at times?...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2020, 10:09:50 AM »

Laluna saves some of the broth for others. She decides that she'll make some more broth from the bird's bones later. She's wishes she had herbs to spice the broth a bit. Laluna decides to ask if Wander has any spices when he wakes up.

She's surprised to learn from Antaka's sending what Moondrop and Stormsong have found out. Another elf in the storm? How can he survive in that weather? Judging from his will to avoid the elves at the tower, he might be a local who's suspicious of the newcomers. She wonders if Wander might know this mysterious fox hunter.

Laluna decides to hasten her work with the new clothes, in case the others will go out to look for the stranger when the morning comes.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2020, 04:54:54 PM »

Moondrop uses her arm to shield her face from the harsh wind. She is beginning to worry. The walk back seems to be taking much longer than the walk out. Have they gotten lost?

Eyes tearing from the cold, she looks around.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2020, 09:36:44 PM »

Laluna makes clothes faster, some of the fabrics are a bit weird for her to use but they seem to work fine, most trouble she has is with the slippery and silky things for they are far different to work than i the middle of her sowing she manages to prick her finger on the needle a few times...

---------------------

It is so dark and the wind and snow makes it hard to see in the worsening blizzard, they happen by the dead tree so they are close to the tower. already snow and frost has started to gather on their clothes and their limbs are getting numb and heavy... but faintly the warm glow of light from the cracks of the tower lead them on... Stormsong starts to walk between them and the wind to shield them from it...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2020, 07:28:53 PM »

Moondrop is grateful to get out of the storm into the relative warmth of the first room of the tower. She can smell something cooking below and thinks about warming up by the big sun-stone, but feels sad that Stormsong won't be able to go downstairs. After he shielded them from the worst of the wind, she wants to help him warm up from the cold, too.

After she brushes the snow off herself, she offers to help Stormsong remove the snow from his coat. She thinks she could use her little sun-stone to help dry and warm his fur to chase away the chill.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2020, 07:59:45 AM »

Stormsong gently and warmly licks Moondrop's chin. He lays down near the hot little stone, and looks at it clearly wondering what it is, the stone is small but slowly brings more heat to the room... the snow on the floor starts to melt into little puddles and Stormsong likes water from one... he looks like he is fine even after returning from weather like that... he clearly has lived here all his life... the wind has blown few wild hair strands out of his fur so he looks more messy now... Stormsong sends to Moondrop...

"Stormsong good, friend could, friend go where warm..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2020, 08:03:13 AM »

Shivering uncontrolled, with blue Lips , Antaka stands near both of them to get a little of there body warmth. After she was warm enough to remove her Arms from around herself to climb down the ladder in the warmer room she leaves her stone also for Stormsong and climbs down.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2020, 08:45:27 AM »

"Two little suns! Stormsong happy!..."

Stormsong sends to them and wags his tail! underground Antaka feels the heat so much better! it flows over her in welcoming matter, the smell of Laluna's broth is in the air and Wander seems to be waking up...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:14:16 PM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2020, 04:51:37 PM »

Moondrop hesitates before going down. She hadn't intended to leave her little sun-stone - it's such a useful thing! - but Stormsong is so happy and she can't leave him to the cold when the rest of them have a nice warm den to go to.

Reluctantly, she follows Antaka down and almost immediately gets absorbed in watching what Laluna is doing.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2020, 08:49:10 AM »

Laluna sucks her finger for a moment, before continuing on sewing. She's pricked her finger on the needle a few times already, for the slippery fabric is weird to work on. But she keeps on sewing, trying to make winter-suitable clothes that could fit elves of different sizes and shapes. She adds some of the bird's feathers inside the linings of the boots she makes, in hope of making them warmer.

She looks up when Antaka and Moondrop come in. Since they're alone, she assumes that they didn't find the fox hunter.

"Take some broth. It should help you warm up." she suggests with a quiet voice because she doesn't want to disturb Wander's sleep.

"I made some clothes that should keep you a little bit warmer outside. Pick what you want, I'm going to make more later." she points at a pile of clothing she's sewn. They don't differ much since they don't have that many materials, but at least they seem warm.

Since Moondrop and Antaka are the ones doing the hunting and scouting, they need to get better clothing first. Laluna thinks she'll have time to make some for herself and Wander the next day.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2020, 01:49:47 PM »

"Oh, they look so beautiful, Laluna! You're very talented! I like to have something for my legs, maybe the chausses and something for my body. That parts are cold the most and need protection. And I like to ask for all the non taken ones, but you all choose first." Antaka said in a hushed exited voice, looks at Wander who seem to wake up anyway. A little quieter she mumbles more to herself. "Because I am cold. Not to meantion the arms, fingers and head, and ears and Nose and teeth, by the high ones! My teeth are cold .... The only thing that is warm are my feet." She looks at the hooded cowl. "This is so cool. I had have one, but lost it after the storm. It was not as nice as this one. How did you do it so perfect? You have done so well."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2020, 02:19:55 PM »

Wander twitches and is alarmed awake as if he too had a nightmare... slowly he rubs his pale face... then looks at all of them as if he had thought meeting them was just a dream and now he is puzzled for a moment that they are real... He looks at the things Laluna has made...

"By High-ones! you have made lots of things!..."

Wander's deep voice speaks out... He smiles, the material truly was useful to all of them... He looks at Antaka and Moondrop as well, and notices their clothing is wet...

"You were out in a storm? why?..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2020, 07:34:58 AM »

Moondrop examines with interest the things Laluna has created, trying on a few to see how they work, but ultimately decides there is nothing she needs so leaves them all for the others who aren't as prepared for the cold.

In answer to Wander's question she sends a recounting of the events of the night and asks Wander if he knows of the elusive fox hunter and whether he might be another survivor of Wander's tribe.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2020, 08:19:00 AM »

Wander seems surprised when Moondrop mention's the fox hunter...

"I am afraid I do not know of him... a pity he decided to run away from you, there is enough room for a s all and I can create more room if it is needed..."

Wander sits more upwards and suddenly reaches his hand for Moondrop and smiles warmly...

"come near, I want to see your eyes again... they remind me of the greens of my home forest..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2020, 09:47:42 AM »

Moondrop does as Wander asks. She is curious to learn more about how he ended up here.

"You came from the forest?" He must not have woken up here as she did.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »

Wander gently touches Moondrop's cheek with his pale hands, he admires her green eyes and they seem to bring him comfort...

"Yes... I come from a wonderful lush forest, filled with green as far as the eye can see... it was on top of a mountain..."

Wander smiles but his smile fades and he lowers his hand from Moondrop's cheek...

"but then... out chief... she went mad... she... forced us to leave our paradise... in a mad attempt to find the place of the high ones... we never found it... and now... I'm the only one left..."

Wander closes his eyes for a moment... then he looks at moondrop, it is clear that he so wishes he could call them his tribe... but he fears that in the end they will shun him as well...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2020, 04:51:18 PM »

Moondrop places a hand on Wander's shoulder. "Maybe we can return to the forest. Once the death-sleep is over." She's not sure of anything here, but assumes the new green will come, melting the snow and bringing back the warmth.

She looks at Laluna and lock-sends. "You know some healing? Is there anything to help him?"

She suddenly thinks of the lake she saw before. She continues the private sending. "The humans had a root they would use to help breathing. It grew in marshy areas. Do you know of it?"

In the morning she can go to the lake to find the root, and look for signs of the fox hunter on the way.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2020, 05:33:15 PM »

"It would be wonderful... to go back to the forest... I am happy... your eyes brought a piece of it back to me..."

Wander says, Moondrop feels his shoulder under the fur, it is clear he once was physically stronger, some of his muscle is still there, but they have no strength to them as his illness is slowly eating it away...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2020, 03:27:12 PM »

Laluna chuckles at Antaka, who clearly isn't used to the colder climate.

"Choose whichever you want! I will make duplicates, so everyone will have their own set. Unfortunately, there aren't many colors to choose from, but at least they should keep us warm. I tried to make them so that they'd fit most of us."

Laluna continues making more clothes and listens with curiosity as Moondrop talks with Wander. She's sad to hear that his tribe has vanished, probably for good...

Laluna turns her eyes at Moondrop, when she lock-sends. She answers by voice since she can't send back.

"I could try something, yes." she nods. If there's an injury in Wander's other lung, she might be able to heal it.

"I do not know of such a root, but if you find some, I'd be happy to try it out. Keep an eye out for cattails and willows, too."

Laluna thinks she needs to get out soon too to gather herbs. It might be difficult during winter... but there's always something.

She decides to make two sacks out of spare fabric, in case they need to gather a lot of stuff.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2020, 07:22:41 AM »

Moondrop is surprised when Laluna answers aloud. She is about to ask the blue-haired elf about it, but Laluna goes back to her work, so Moondrop turns away.

The feel of Wander's wasting bothers Moondrop. Is that what will happen to them all if they stay here?

Moondrop lies down for some rest, more determined than ever to leave as soon as the storm calms.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2020, 01:17:19 PM »

"I do like the colors. The more the better" Antaka said with a big smile. She fumbles on her Perls in her hair to show the different colors and hesitates a moment. She bents do Laluna. "Your eyes have a stunning color! Never seen that before!" she rumage inside her Coat pocket and gets out some Perls. She chooses three purple ones and gives it to Laluna. "Want to gift you that, as kind of thank and they do fit your eyes in color. Maybe you like to take them as buttons for your clothes?"
The Perls are made off purple glass. (But not so high quality, as they don't have a melting furnace invented jet xD)

Very happy Antaka took on a long tunic and wraps her uncovered arms. The chausses (Chaps? Chaparajos?) are perfect to cover her uncovered legs and fits over her shorts. She wraps some spare Wrappings around her legs to close the spare gab so no Sand can come in. No, it's called snow, she corrects herself unspoken. Closed Mitts for her fingers and a hood for her head are perfect too. All her bushy hair will warm her under the fabric. Maybe this one Wrapping can be used as scarf. She shuffles herself in a comfy sitting position. "Much better!" she mumbled. And laughed at Lalunas smile.

Anaka looks at Wander. "This forest thing... is it far away? How long did it take you to come here? I like the idea to go back there. Back to where you came from. We can carry you, maybe Stormsong can carry you? What is a forest, some kind of oasis? Like with much more trees?" she spoke and looks around. Moondrop seems to do the right thing. "I should sleep too. Sorry for keeping you all up. I'm kind of chatty like a colorfull bird, my father always said."
She didn't see him or anyone of her tribe since she got separated. Is he okay? She turns away to make her resting place anew and to hide her sadness, that struck her suddenly like a bolt.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2020, 03:44:26 PM »

(YAY! cool Picture YAVIA!)

Wander is surpised by Antaka's question, but starts to smile very warmly, he is moved that they care about his forest... Wander tells them...

"it is far... we had to walk for many nights and many days... but... I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to go back... not for you... but I... know I will perish on such a long journey... but if you want to go, I won't stop you... yes, there are many trees, so tall they dwarf the biggest of bears... lots of flowers and plants, the fragrance is always fresh... beautiful lakes too... and the berries, oh! how I miss those! the make your head spin but leave you very happy..."

Wander sighs, thinkind of the berries... and suddenly pats Antaka's head too...

"their juice is almost as red as your curls, my good friend..."

then he twitches, again he touched someone, it seems he cannot quite help himself about that matter. they all set to sleep and Wander seems to drift to sleep happy, his memories of the forest give him comfort...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2020, 05:58:45 PM »

(Moondrop rolls a 2.)

Moondrop gathers a pile of feathers to lie down on, wrapped in her cloak. Wander and Antaka's chatter lulls her as she starts to drift to sleep.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 06:02:52 PM by Jeb »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2020, 06:32:10 PM »

(Moondrop's dice results)

Moondrop goes to sleep, but everything feels wrong, the floor has a bump where she tries to lie, then there is some scratchy part in the bedding, Just when Moondrop is about to fall asleep  her nose itches, then after everything she cannot relax anymore, she if far too annoyed by every little thing... but she finds out something... she suddenly smells ferns and grass! there is a tiny crack on the floor, the scent seeps from there... scents of summer nature...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2020, 02:40:01 AM »

(Yes, they're chausses. A medieval garment! Similar to chaps, but made from fabric and tight-fitting.)

Laluna looks at Antaka surprised when she mentions her eyes and gives her three beautiful pearls.

"Oh! They're beautiful! Thank you!" she smiles warmly and accepts them with glee. She examines them closely, wondering how they've been made.

"These will make a lovely decoration." she says, and puts them carefully on a spot where she'll find them easily.

When she sees Antaka with a layer upon a layer of protection for the weather, she can't but laugh.

"If that doesn't keep you warm outside, nothing will!" she chuckles. Laluna seems glad that her clothes are of use.

All the work with the fabrics has made Laluna's eyes tired. She decides to find herself a spot to sleep on and fills a sack with some of the feathers to make a softer sleeping mat. She curls there, hoping to wake up well-rested.

(Laluna's roll: 4)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Up