Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87451 times)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2020, 04:21:49 PM »

(Moondrop rolls a 4.)

Moondrop is sorry that she got everyone else so alarmed and caused so much distress to Wander. All the talk of danger and being with strangers in a strange place leaves her feeling very unsettled.

She decides to let them all rest and goes upstairs to check on the storm.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2020, 09:03:52 PM »

Waner looks at Laluna and tries to tell her...

"I am alright..."

But his voice is weak and breathy... Moondrop goes upstairs and Stormsong excitedly welcomes her by licking her face!...

"Friend! Me is happy friend is good!..."

He sends, and bounces a little back and forth, he reaches his big paw towards Moondrop but doesn't quite dare touch her with it because he knows he is bigger, so he just clumsily slaps his paw tot the ground in front of her.

Moondrop opens the door a little bit to see outside, it is very dark and spots of white fly quickly by in the wind, but she sees something! Her eyes spot someone standing there in the distance!...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2020, 05:11:57 AM »

Moondrop gasps. She can't tell if they are looking her direction or not. She worries that they might have seen the faint light from inside. She quickly steps out and closes the door behind her, pulling her cloak up over her head. She walks to the tree, hoping to get a better look.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2020, 05:37:36 AM »

Moondrop sneaks closer to the tree, the wind blows her hair and furs harshly, and the snow almost hurts when it hits her face sharply. Moondrop get's to the tree but the intruder is gone! it takes her a second to notice the shadow running away in a hurry!... it must have seen her!...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2020, 06:13:44 AM »

Moondrop debates for a minute about what to do, she doesn't want to put herself in danger, but if she doesn't act quickly the snow will bury what she wants to see.

She walks to where she thought the intruder was and pulls the little sun-stone out of her pocket. Maybe it will provide enough light to make out some footprints.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2020, 06:44:05 AM »

Moondrop pulls out the heatstone and sure enough, it brings dim light, but strong enough for her to see footprints in the snow... the person who ran has bigger feet than Moondrop does, but not anywhere near human sized feet... Stormsong walks next to Moondrop, his coat moving wildly in the wind, he sends...

"Intruder? in friend territory?... Stormsong not like!..."

his ears lower and Stormsong's tail stands up, His eyes stop being gentle and warm. he looks ready to attack the intruder if Moondrop asks him to...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2020, 08:34:31 AM »

Moondrop jumps at Stormsong's sending. She didn't realize he had snuck out with her. She looks back to make sure the door is still closed.

"You should be with the others." She scolds, sending an image of a strong pack together in her sending. She reaches up to smooth his ruff to calm him and assure that her scold is not meant harshly.

But since he's there..."Can you get a scent from these footprints? Anything you've smelt before?"

She's afraid there won't be much in this cold.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »

Stormsong's stance lowers as he looks at her sadly when Moondrop scolds him, but seems to understand why...  Stormsong looks at the ground and starts sniffing it, sends to Moondrop...

"Elf... male... blood... meat... hunter... fox... elf male with fox carcass..."

He then looks at Moondrop with his golden orange eyes...

"Stormsong has not smelled him before..."

His ears point up and he clearly hopes he is being useful...

(Sorry for the delay in comments at my part, Czarine attacked my place and we are at the same location!)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2020, 03:42:16 PM »

Nightwood sees a silhouette near the entrance to the tower, she can smell the wolf and the freshly killed fox. She knows there are others inside and one out (like her) alone in the storm. Her ice blue eyes flash and she smiles faintly, pulling the hood of her cloak up over her ears.

Nightwood has been watching and waiting for some time now. "Maybe, it is time to come in from the cold" she whispers to herself.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2020, 04:21:16 AM »

Another elf? Moondrop is surprised to hear that at first, but if she ended up here unexpectedly, there's no reason to think others might, as well.

She looks out in the storm, wishing she could invite the mysterious fox hunter in to share their warm shelter.

Then again, maybe he has his own home around here and could say more about the mysterious danger in the mountain.

Moondrop curses the storm that keeps her from following the tracks.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2020, 05:49:40 AM »

(did make Stormsong an open sending? Did Laluna, Antaka and Wander down there know, that a male foxhunter was there and vanished in the shadows? If not, Antaka tries to sleep and recharge. The cold robbed her energy as she isn't use to it. Dice 3 - for the sleep)
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2020, 06:10:39 AM »

(Maggie: Welcome aboard!)

(Yavia: it was not an open sending and Laluna, Antaka and Wander are downstairs so they don't know, but you character can in situations like these just happen to to go in the place where stuff is happening, if you don't want to miss the action)

Stormsong smells the air a bit and looks around, it must have caught the scent of Nightwood, but it is unsure... soon he relaxes again and looks at Moondrop, he wags his tail a bit, but more of excitement than playfulness... he sends to Moondrop...

"We hunt fox hunter in morning?... Stormsong can track! smell steps under snow..."
---
Inside Wander is already asleep and breathes softly, Antaka sleeps and has a strange dream... like it has some hidden meaning... in the dream she sees the vast fields of snow like she watches it all from above, in the mountain, but the snow is all red as blood and strange hunger drives her! she must kill she must feed! strange fear of everything dwells in her mind! Antaka is mad with pain and loneliness, but cannot stop killing and eating. for a moment, Antaka sees the world through the eyes of the horror of the mountains... the dream scares her wide awake...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:13:34 AM by Berit »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »

(dang, what do I have to roll the dice to sleep dreamless?  :lol)

Panting Antaka watches her surroundings. What a bizarre dream! What incoherently what inconsistently... She has had fear of everything but wants to kill in a mad hunger. She don't understands what the look of the mountain was. Was she a mountain? Why? That dream was stupid like all the other nightmares she seldom have. Must be. Yes, must be a stupid dream because she ate the first time since a long time. Yeah... that's it. She robs her face to get rid of this dream. But it lingers. She don't want to wake Wander and sends to Laluna to get upstairs for a short while, to get herself sorted. Planing on bury her face in Stormsongs fur to get comfort she climes the ladder.

Upstairs she uncovers Stormsong and Moondrop standing outside and in wonder she walks to them, holds her dried coat closed with one hand, her spear in the other. What are they doing there?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2020, 11:08:38 AM »

Stormsong notices her and immediately runs towards her sending...

"Dark friend come too! Stormsong happy!..."

He licks her face and wags his tail... but then stops, his orange eyes look at her worried, he sensed her being uneasy about something and Stormsong got worried...

"Dark friend worry?... we hunt together to make dark friend happy!..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »

Laluna feels sleepless, so she decides to stay up and prepare needles of the boiled bones while others sleep. Then she starts to examine the pieces of fabric they have, and make mittens, scarves, hats and whatever she can to keep them warmer. She lifts her gaze, when Yavia sends to her that she wants to go upstairs and Laluna nods in acknowledgement.

She keeps on working with the fabrics, listening to Wander's breathing. She wonders if she could try to heal him with magic, but it's hard not knowing what the problem with him is... at least she could try to help with his damaged lung. But for now, it's better that he sleeps.

The warmth of the heatstone makes Laluna drowsy. She decides to drink some of the bone broth she made earlier, in hope of staying awake better.

(Laluna's roll:4)

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2020, 02:06:51 PM »

(Yavia is happy for she can finally send, yeah, I'm an elf!  :love)

Antaka pets the cheek of Stormsong and leans her face in his fur. "Thank you, I've had just a bad dream. But I'm happy now by your comfort, happy seeing you and Moondrop. What are you two doing here outside? Going for a hunt in a storm? You are a funny bunch!"

Antaka will inform Laluna, if she gets knowledge of the male fox hunter.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »

Moondrop notices when Stormsong looks like he's caught a scent and looks around, too. Is that another figure out in the darkness?

But Stormsong's attention goes back to the fox hunter, so Moondrop figures it was just her imagination.

She smiles at Stormsong's excitement to go hunting for the mysterious stranger. She is feeling a little trapped as well and looking forward to getting out to explore this new area too.

The icy wind has seeped into the holes in her cloak, overpowering the little warmth the sun-stone can provide. She is just about to suggest to Stormsong that they head back to warm up when she see Antaka coming towards them. Moondrop's attempt at some time alone has become a gathering!

"I didn't intend a hunt," Moondrop replies to Antaka's questions. "Just wanted to clear my head."

She shares with Antaka what she and Stormsong have discovered.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2020, 03:15:09 PM »

Antaka sends the information to Laluna.

"We will look for the trace at sunlight, what do you think?" she was looking at both of them. Stormsong will be able to get a scent in dark night or daylight. But it would be better to be able to see something. She can't really see much. "Did you have a nightmare too? I did, I came out to clear my head because of that." she asks Moondrop in lock send. She was a kind of suspicious if the place might be the reason for bad dreams. She don't have a lot of nightmares normally. She looks up to the mountain.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2020, 04:24:52 PM »

"I don't care much about sunlight," Moondrop responds. "But I'm afraid we won't get far in this snow."

"Or maybe lost." Moondrop blows on her hands to warm them and looks around, glad to find the tower still visible through the flurry.

She looks at Antaka and Stormsong. "Let's get back to the shelter."

Privately she sends to Antaka, "Will you tell me your nightmare?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2020, 04:30:20 PM »

Laluna tastes the broth, it is very good!... but could be better, definitely something they could eat and drink!. the marrow of the bone pieces ans the fat and meat has mixed with the water very nicely.. but it needs something to give it more taste... the broth also makes her feel more energized and happy in a odd warm way...

---------------------

Stormsong looks at the both of them, and starts following them inside, but at times he looks in the direction of the fox hunter and  sniffs the air, then sneezes loud! some snot dripping from his nose, he sends...

"Nose icky... feels stuffed..."

and happily licks all the snot off his nose and eats it... it's very dark out and they cannot see far in
the storm, not even moonlight get's past it...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 03:07:58 AM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »

Moondrop flinches away from Stormsong's wet sneeze. "That's your fault, for following me out here." She sends in irritation.

She wonders if it's just the cold, or did the stranger leave something behind to somehow cause Stormsong's sneezing? "Won't be trracking with a nose-blind wolf," she grumbles to herself.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:15:58 PM by Jeb »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2020, 04:38:21 AM »

Antaka did not care about the wetness of the sneeze. She pulls a crumbled small piece of cloth out of her cloak to wipe it away if necessary like she does on the goats. But normally the animal can do it okay on it's own and so did Stormsong. She wonders about his sneezing. Where did it come from?

She tucked the unused cloth away and lock sends her nightmare as correct as she remembers to Moondrop. She ended with: "But I can't be a mountain, can I? Or is the mountain the horror? I seldom have dreams like this. Did you have had a nightmare too? Does it have something to do with this place as well?"
She randomly touches the necklace she picked up from the tree and looks at it. Is this cursed?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2020, 06:56:17 AM »

Stormsong looks at them sadly when he is being scolded by Moondrop, he send to them...

"No Stormsong fault! funny smell make nose itchy..."

they cannot smell it, but apparently Stormsong smelled something that made his nose useless for a while, Moondrop's suspicion seems to be true, the fox hunter is at fault, he knew they could track him... as antaka sends the horrid visions to Moondrop, she too sees the crimson snow and feels the gut wrenching madness and hunger, and the sorrow of loneliness...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2020, 07:05:00 AM »

Moondrop pulls her cloak tighter, as if to protect herself from the frightening vision.

"No, no nightmares. But I haven't slept since I found myself here." She's not sure if she's more scared to sleep now, or curious to find out what happens when she does.

"Dreams are strange. You're probably just thinking about Wander's story." She tells Antaka to reassure her.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »

"Yeah, that might be right." Antaka sends. But in her head she was thinking, that the dream feels like it have some meaning. It feels different than a pure nightmare because of a heard story.

If there is something that blocks Stormsongs nose, the foxhunter is a clever one. He knows ways for not to be found. At least not in a storm. Antaka is not sure, if he might be a threat or just a shy hunter who wants to be alone.
She asks the two of them if it's a good idea to go looking for him, if he does something for not to be found. "It could be a loner. Or someone out of Wanders tribe who survived the attacks and don't want to be in a group again. Not the best guesses I assume." She gave it a little laugh.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26   Go Up