Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87449 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »

Antaka Washes the blood and grease off herself and Stormsong decides to help by licking at Antaka's hands and clothes, He seems happy and sends...

"I have friends!... Stormsong alone no more!..."

Then he starts playing with the falling snow, clearly all the tension has melted off, exposing one happy Wolf!... Wander looks at the stone that is now filled with meat!...

"We are going to need a bigger stone! such good hunters!..."

at the distance as the blizzard is already hitting the mountain, a strange phenomenon can be seen, for a moment, at a certain part of the mountain snow and wind reveal a strange heart shaped black spot on the mountain... Wander says...

"ah, yes, heart of the mountain, it is sometimes visible when winds blows the snow out of the way, it is a big cave in the mountain side..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2020, 04:34:34 PM »

Moondrop follows Antaka's example and also uses the snow to clean up. She shivers, ready to head inside to eat and warm up.

At Wander's words, she looks up at the mountain to see the heart.

"Have you been there?" She asks him.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2020, 04:41:53 PM »

Wander looks at the mountain...

"no, but before my tribe went to those mountains a scout was sent there and he told me it was a huge cave... it is interesting to look at, is it not? I wonder what is in there..."

Stormsong gently licks Moondrop's fingers too, his tongue is very warm and he is so careful not to bother her... Wander's cloudy eyes turn to Moondrop, he suddenly smiles...

"finally you are close enough for me to see your eyes... I wondered what color they were..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2020, 06:26:24 AM »

Moondrop absently kneads her fingers through the fur between Stormsong's ears.

She stares at Wander, feeling bad about his poor eyesight and health, and here they have him climbing stairs and standing in the snow.

"We should go inside before the storm gets here."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2020, 01:17:01 PM »

Antaka wasn't wondering anymore what was inside the cave. Surely the big bad Monster that killed his tribe. Stormsong has given them the warning of that monster too. Where else should it be?

She shivers in the cold and looks at Moondrop talking through clenched teeth.
"very good idea to get inside, I'm totally frozen now and hungry."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 01:41:51 PM by Yavia »
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2020, 01:32:41 PM »

Laluna can't keep the smile from her lips when she sees how playful Stormsong is in the snow. For a large wolf, he seems very friendly, and he could be of great help too. After all, he probably knows the surrounding area better than anyone.

Laluna turns his gaze on Wander when she hears his words about getting a bigger stone for preserving food. Laluna doesn't like the idea of him spending more energy on magic when he's in such a bad state, but she can't really tell him no either since it's his home, his rules.

The heart-shaped cave makes Laluna curious, but she knows she won't be wandering too far from the holt with the clothes she has. Besides, she has to find a way to help Wander get better.

Remembering her task with making new clothing, she walks over to the big bird Antaka and Moondrop had caught and examines it. Maybe it has bones that could be used as needles or an awl.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2020, 01:58:44 PM »

Stormsong leans his head against Moondrop's fingers when he is getting petted... they all head inside and Wander shivers slightly and his breathing stops from time to time as he draws air heavily... Laluna finds bones that can be used as needless if they are hardened by boiling water first, there are also the skull, talons and backbones that can be used for buttons and fastenings... Stormsong sadly cannot fit through the trap door to the lower room but is happy at the warmth of the room he is in... blizzard starts howling outside and increases in speed... the large stone emits warmth so that they all feel heated, still a little cold draft can be felt... Wander boils water over the stone on a small metal pot...  then sets the leaves of the pouch to soak in the water... everyone seems silent for a a time, the storm outside sounds ominous... finally Wander says...

"We don't have quite enough bedding, but let us hope it is enough for all of us to sleep comfortably..."

(YAY! Thanks for adding your art, Yavia!)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2020, 04:58:27 AM »

After eating her fill of the meat, Moondrop forms a little nest for herself from some of the feathers. She doesn't want to take too many, so there is plenty for the rest of them, but just enough to provide a little cushion.

Her cloak is warm from the sun-stone and when she wraps it around herself she finds herself in a pleasant cocoon of warmth. The lingering chill from being outside slowly fades away, and she finds her eyes slowly closing.

However, as she turns to get more comfortable, something digs into her side. She thinks maybe there is a rock on the floor she didn't see before, but when she gets up to check, there's nothing there.

It takes her a minute before her hand passes over a lump in her cloak and she remembers the strange cube she found before.

She takes it out to examine in the light of the sun-stone but doesn't see anything more than she did before.

She found it outside the tower, and Wander lives here, so maybe it's his.

She approachs him. "Is this yours?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2020, 05:22:59 AM »

Wander looks at what Moondrop is showing, but has to approach quite a bit to see what it is... he touches the cube with his pale fingers...

"No... it is not?... it... feels like elven magic... but the craftsmanship seems to be made by trolls..."

Wander looks puzzled as he gently caresses the eye symbols and the button...

"Some sort of troll secret... I think it is actually a key..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2020, 05:49:55 AM »

Laluna takes some pieces of the bird with smaller bones, and cleans them a bit. She notices that Wander boils water on a pot on the stone. Laluna is still puzzled about how the stone can be so hot.

She walks over to Wander with the pieces of bird meat and bones in her hands.

"Do you mind if I borrow your pot? I'd like to separate these bones."

Laluna looks curiously at the strange cube Moondrop has presented to Wander. She's never seen anything like that before.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2020, 05:57:52 AM »

Wander looks at Laluna and nods...

"Go ahead... my home is your home..."

Absent minded Wander suddenly brushes gently Moondrop's hair, then caches himself doing so... looks apologetic...

"sorry... did not mean to intrude..."

Laluna uses the banged up old pot to built the sinew and fat off the bone, it also makes the bone harder and stronger... and the whole room smells like tea and chicken soup because things were boiled in the pot...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 04:19:18 PM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2020, 06:09:01 AM »

Moondrop flushes. She's been alone for so long, the touch feels strange, but nice. She gives a small smile. "It's...fine."

She looks at the cube again. Wander's words stir something in her memory. "A key?"

She remembers humans sometimes having keys. They opened boxes or buildings where they kept things they didn't want others to have. But those were strange stick-like things, not rocks like this.

She also remembers hearing the word troll in the stories the humans sometimes told around their fires. Some kind of beasts that lived near rivers and...ate goats?

"Trolls aren't real."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2020, 09:54:40 AM »

Wander smiles gently to Moondrop...

"oh, but they are... I've seen few... they live deep underground... some of them are nice, some... not so..."

Wander looks at the cube and says...

"I once saw one using a thing similar to that... the pictures are a code, the right code in right place where the cube fits... it should open something..."

Wander's cloudy eyes look at Moondrops eyes for a moment, he seems to like her eyes, maybe they remind his of something, not a person but a place... He turns away so Moondrop would not be bothered by him staring too long...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2020, 11:57:07 AM »

Laluna thanks Wander and goes to get some snow for the pot. Then she watches with fascination, how the stone melts the snow until it's boiling water. She then adds in the bony pieces of bird and watches them boil. She notices that the resulting broth smells nice, and wonders if it would taste good.

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »

It was so peacefull and silent even dull and Antaka feels sleepiness. She looks upstairs thinking of Stormsong while the wind sings outside. She asks if some of the larger fabric is free to use as a blanket. She wants to lay on the fur she has still wrapped around her and use the blanket to keep her warm. If no one it alarming lour she will fall asleep in seconds.

And will wake a while later cause of the hard floor  :D

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2020, 02:04:11 PM »

"You can have it, if you want." Moondrop tells Wander. She has no use for a key, and doesn't think she'll see any trolls.

She shakes her head when Antaka asks about the fabric. She watches Laluna work at the sun-stone and Antaka prepare her sleeping space.

She is about to go back to her own little space when something suddenly occurs to her. She found the troll key right outside. And Wander said the trolls live underground, just like they are now!

Her hand moves to her knife as she looks frantically at the stone walls.

"Are there trolls here?!"

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2020, 03:02:40 PM »

Alarmed by the tone in Moondrops voice Antaka jerks her head up.

"Trolls?!" She asks, looks around. "What are trolls?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2020, 10:01:42 PM »

The bones Laluna boils are just ready and the water is filled with strangely tasty looking broth of bone and bird fat, Antaka is about to head upstairs with the fabric wand Wander ponders the cube when Moondrop asks about the trolls, Wander gets alarmed as well...

"... now that you mentioned it, I have been sensing some movement though the stone very near here!... it... I suppose it could be trolls!... I... really hope they are not.. the bad kind of trolls..."

everyone is silent for a moment, there might be an attack coming from underground... Wander looks at them for a moment and asks...

"should I... open the ground?... If I do I need you to be my eyes, I cannot see in the dark as well as you do..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2020, 01:03:58 AM »

Laluna sniffs the broth. At least it smells delicious! She carefully removes the pot from the stone to cool it off. She lifts her gaze from the soup when Antaka asks about the fabrics.

"Sure, use any you want." she smiles. She hopes they could catch a bigger animal to get more sleeping furs, but it might be too difficult in the snow.

Laluna is so focused on picking out the bones from the broth, that she gets startled when Moondrop alarms them all.

"Trolls? Where??" she turns her head from side to side, trying to find the threat. She looks at Wander, when he tells them about his observations.

"A-Are we sure we want to look for them? What if they're many and armed?" she asks, worried. Laluna doesn't have any weapons, and they are so few... even one troll could be a threat. But somehow they need to find out who it is that has been moving around....

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2020, 03:26:24 AM »

After she get's a disciption of what a troll is, Antaka hesitates. (I assume someone would tell her, for she never heard of or seen a troll)
" but they can be dangerous? Best we don' t go looking for them. But if we, you have my spear and it might be a good idea to ask Stormsong for help and make a ramp and bigger entrance to get him down here. I do disagree on searching for trolls."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2020, 03:46:29 AM »

Wander looks at the floor...

"But if they are planning for a surprise attack, this would be the way to know... and maybe we could protect ourselves better or you could flee..."

Wander's is stressed so he starts coughing, then breathes heavily... trying to stay calm... Wander says...

"if something happens... promise me you will run..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2020, 05:01:14 AM »

"Do you think they know we're here? Do you think they are planing to attack us? I do not run away without all of you. Maybe we can move from here to a safer place." She looks up. "Once the storm is over. But I won't leave you behind if I can manage. None of you."
She looks around for opinions to that matter. She was feeling tired and exhausted because of the harsh cold she was in and the action she has made. But that was forgotten now. She will be awake as long as it has to be to make the tribe safe. Her new tribe. She don't want to loose them so soon. She don't want to be alone anymore.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »

Moondrop agrees with Laluna and Antaka. She doesn't want to fight if she doesn't have to, and there will undoubtly be more trolls than they have in their small group, and probably better armed.

There's no reason to think the trolls are looking specifically for them, just that they might randomly come across their little den here. But what Wander said still makes her nervous. She no longer feels safe and comfortable.

She asks Wander.  "Are you aware of what's happening all the time? Or do you have to be...uh...listening?" She doesn't know how his abilities work. "Could you sense if someone was trying to get through the walls, or was close?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2020, 07:38:25 AM »

Wander nods then and does not open the floor, but seems exhausted now, he is too ill to be this stressed... Wander sits down, a moment keep his eyes closed and looks almost in pain, then speaks quietly, almost whispering...

"I have to be... listening... feeling... I have to be touching the stone... to feel someone touching it..."

Wander looks at them extremely tired...

"is it... is it safe... to rest?... but really... promise me that you will run if something happens... I would... only slow you down..."

He looks at Antaka and smiles... He would not hold a grudge if the left him, he is already at deaths door, to him, their life matters more than his own... suddenly the trapdoor falls down with a bang! Stormsong shoves his head through the hole in the ceiling and whines, send to them...

"Are friend alright? hear lots scare! becomes scared! friends alright?..."

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:24:25 PM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »

Laluna looks worried when she sees how much strain all this puts on Wander.

"You need rest... I'm sure we can keep watch while you sleep."

Laluna doesn't want to put Wander's health in jeopardy, even if his abilities are very useful... She feels a pang of sorrow hit her, when she understands that Wander would willingly stay behind if they were attacked... Laluna doesn't want things to go to that.

Laluna jumps when suddenly the trapdoor falls down, but calms down when she sees Stormsong. She can't help but laugh out of relief.

"We are alright! We just think there might be enemies behind the stone walls." she says, trying to keep her voice calm.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Up