Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87516 times)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2020, 04:40:47 PM »

Moondrop inspects the dagger with interest, pulling it from its sheath a few times and giving a few experimental swipes in the air.

She is intrigued by what Toad says.

"I never thought of the humans as enemies. As long as I can remember, I have spent my time following one group or another. I've never really had to worry about making or carrying anything, the humans have such useful things, I could always find what I needed in their camps."

She holds the dagger up. "What am I to do with this? It is useful, I suppose I may need it. But how am I to carry it?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2020, 02:55:38 AM »

Toad looks at Moondrop, he has to look downwards More as their height difference is quite big...

"Do be careful with these humans, they are clearly out for bloof.. Humh? The dagger? I suppose you can carry it at you waist, thigh, arm or over your shoulder... Or at your chest, how ever you prefer, here is the band I used it with.. Shall I assist you with the fastening the band, my good Swift?.. Also we need to create a new crossguard for it, as the old one might make it fly badly if you were to throw it... "

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2020, 06:19:59 PM »

"Throw it?" Moondrop's eyes widen in surprise. She cradles the blade thoughtfully, gauging the heft of it. She hadn't thought of throwing it, it seems too large and unwieldy, not like the much smaller knife she relies on for hunting.

But she does like the idea. Anything to protect them while keeping herself out of the maws of beasts like they just fought.
She thinks of the dead tree outside. Might be good for some target practice now that the storm is calming.

But first, "A new...crossguard? How would I make that?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »

Toad looks at the knife in Moondrops hands...

"Yes, the crossguard needs to be replaced, it is memento of the time when that dagger was actually a sword... sadly the blade broke in a battle, and was not salvageable... so I sharpened the rest and modified it into a dagger... hmmh... We can make one more suited for you from hard wood, bone or metal... Oh, and what ever you do, do not try to knock someone senseless with the pommel... the ball at the end, that is a pommel... it is made to crack skulls rather that make someone unconscious..."

Toad speaks of cracking skulls while clearly deep on thought about the hand guard... then he looks at Moondrop...

"Oh! I know! we could use part of the beasts bone! it seemed hard enough... would that be alright with you, my good Swift?..."

Toads light blue eyes look at her, he has quite long eyelashes... there is experience in his eyes... Moondrop is young but Toad has seen a lot about the world and lived longer than Wander, or perhaps any of them in this tower... Toad suddenly says jokingly...

"Now now lady! you are making me blush!"

Moondrop might have looked him longer than intended!...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »

"Uh...yes." Moondrop didn't realize she was staring as she nodded along, trying to make sense of what Toad was saying. With fighting the beast, Sir Toad's strange mannerisms, and her shiny new possession, Moondrop's head is spinning.

However, as they walk into the tower and her gaze falls on the trap-door, something comes rushing back.

"Wait!" She turns to the others. "We can't go back down! What about the thing under the ground?"

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2020, 12:49:41 AM »

Laluna frowns when she learns that there might be many humans. She hasn't had encounters with them, but she knows they can be cruel. She's surprised when she sees Toad's pity for the mistreated humans, even if he seems to have experience in fighting them.

Laluna ruffles Stormsong's fur while Moondrop and Toad discuss the blade. She's glad that they seem to get along well.

"Maybe we can take a walk around the surroundings later, now that the storm has subsided..?" she suggests to Stormsong, smiling.

Laluna is eager to get out of the tower. She feels she's been holed up there for too long, and she wants to see if there are any medicinal plant matter she could use to help her new tribe. But first, she wants to warm up and learn more about the newcomer.

She's also about to go in when Moondrop alerts them about the possible threat below. In all the excitement from the battle, she had forgotten about their problem.

"You're right! We need to find out what it is that's down there. But how?" she asks. She's reluctant to ask Wander to shape a way down, but if they try to force their way by hand, it might make too much noise...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2020, 04:41:06 AM »

Stormsong is happy for the attention Laluna is giving him when suddenly Moondrop reminds them of the danger below... Toad asks...

"Danger below... what danger are you ladies talking about?..."

he draws his blade again just to be sure...  Wander shivers and hugs himself to keep warmer and asks...

"s-should I open the floor a little bit? just enough so that we could see..."

Toad tells them...

"I also have a hideout in a cave nearby... and... oh dung... I forgot about HIM..."

toad lets out a heavy sigh, then continues...

"I found another elf who is at the hideout... but he is a handful... I admit, he is one of the reasons I braved the storm rather than sat it out to meet you..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »

Antaka has stood beside the monster a while. She was thinking of the dream, the meaning in it, the pictures she got from it. She looks again on the Necklace. A Mountain, a horn of a deer and a heart. Is it a Name? Similar to Moondrop? Sooo, Hillhornlove? or just Mountianhornheart? She turns and gets to the cave, wondering why they all went inside so easily after the outburst a short time ago. She finds them discussing the matter of what lies below.
"It's a forest down below maybe with another monster inside," she said and looks at Toad. "Who's him? Is he injured that he can't come with you? I don't understand why you seek us to meet us. What has that to do with him?"
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2020, 02:55:06 PM »

"Forest below the tower?..."

Toad ask in amazement, then his amazement fades as he was asked about HIM...

"Oh... yes... well, he is not wounded, but not really pleasant company... I was just relieved to see other elves here... and... I should not have forgot about him, despite his behavior... not very noble of me..."

toad looks down for a moment, clearly he did not intend to forgot the other elf, it just happened...

"I'm... sure he would love to meet you... but he is not capable of anything... a leech, if you will... I have hard time keeping myself and him alive..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2020, 03:25:28 PM »

"So he is grumpy? Funny you mentioned he is one of the reasons you got searching for us in a storm but have now forgotten him." She added a friendly smile. "But after slaying a monster it's no shame to forget a companion  who you have hard times to keep alive. Absolutely not my dear noble man."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »

Toad scratches his head, is visibly tired just from talking about the elf he has to keep alive... his light blue eyes turn to Antaka...

"My good Rose thrush... if he was just grumpy I would not yearn time away from him so much, but he is, without a doubt, the most annoying person I've ever met..."

Toad gently picks Antaka's hand to his hand... slightly rubs her knuckles...

"Oh lady... I should not have spoken of such trivial problem, your hands tell me that you have had it rough too..."

Toad gently studies all the little scratches Antaka's hand has from herding and fighting...

"You skin... it is lovely..."

Toad says and bows, then let's go of her hand...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »

"I asked you, so why should you not spoken of trivial problems, Sir Ribbit? But if you ever tell me about some hard times my hands have had again, they will break one of your finger the next time." she lifted an eyebrow. "So, do we have to fetch that anoying person from there or will he stay alive till comming daylight? Is there any reason to haste, Sir Ribbit?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »

Toad starts cheerfully laughing...

"Oh lady! what words! fiery in temperament I see!... do accept my apologies, I meant no harm!... "

Toad bows deeply but seems happy about the situation... he stands up...

"I believe he will survive till morning, my dearest... and I accept my given nickname from you with utmost glee..."

Toad nods again happily but then asks more seriously...

"but why so fiery, my Good Rose Thrush? have I offended thee?...  know that never meant to offend..."

toads blue eyes look at Antaka and age and experience can clearly be seen in them, the part of his nose bridge that is visible hints that he may have quite a large nose...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »

"To keep it simple - I don't like your odds, Sir Ribbit. To don't know one and name one after a bird with same colors as red like my hair and brown like my skin does not seem very noble to me. I am not a Lady, I'm a warrior, a huntress and a goat Sheppard of my tribe. I do have a name whom you could asked for." she looks around. "I better sleep upstairs with Stormsong, I don't want to listen to the ribbits of this noble man. Also, I'm pooped. Nighty night!"
She marches to the farest place away from him and just falls down in a sitting position. She pulls the little Sunstone to her (still lying on the floor), pulls the hood over her head and folded her arms around her. She tries hard not to cry by the memory of her father. He always named her, chatty like a colorfull bird.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2020, 04:45:52 PM »

Toad seems to be surprised by Antaka's outburst and looks after her, but doesn't follow to apologize, he seems to know she doesn't want his company just now... Wander is a bit worried and walks to check on Antaka, doesn't say anything to her but checks if she is alright... he stands there for a moment and listens to Antaka's breathing... and seems to know she is sad by hearing it in her breathing... Wander gently whispers...

"... It will be alright Antaka... I promise you..."

Wander looks at her for a moment and then leaves her to settle her thoughts...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2020, 04:59:20 PM »

Antaka rubs her upcoming tears away and lays down to the side, curled up as neat as possible. She thinks about leaving and just go to look for her tribe, but she do not want to be alone again. Not totally alone like the days before. Never again! As she close her eyes she is thinking about the heartshaped cave. Maybe she is a monster for shouting at Sir Ribbit and it will be her home from now on? What might be in the cave? Darkness, the bones of Wanders tribe or just... mystery's...?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2020, 05:11:40 PM »

Stormsong gently licks Antaka's forehead with his big, warm tongue... he curls up around her to better keep her warm... and constantly looks into her eyes with his orange eyes to make sure she is alright... his fur is thick and long and warms nicely, beating of his big heart can clearly be heard and Stormsong seems to keep on guard over Antaka so she may rest unharmed... Toad speaks to Wander in the distance...

"I made her upset, it seems... why does she think lady is a bad thing?.. where I come from there are many ladies that are warriors... hmh..."

Wander says...

"I don't know but maybe she has had bad experiences with something like that?..."

Toad says...

"perhaps... but I find her to be a lady, a woman that demands respect... oh... how shall I fix this?... it is not polite to speak to a lady with her true name... it makes things too... intimate..."

This seems to set Wander off into a bit of a laughing fit...

"How can a name be too intimate?? you come from a weird place!..."

Toad seems to be silent about the matter, for him it is too personal to speak to women with their real names apparently...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2020, 05:49:09 PM »

Antaka beginns to laugh out of the curled wolf around her. "Intimate? Stormsong, I did tell you wrong about names. This man don't use names to differ people. It's intimate. Better use nicknames to insult the woman." Still giggling she pops her head up and says in a normal voice. "In my tribe a Lady is no good. She does nothing for the tribe, gets carried around and been served with anything she wants all the time. So it seems we came from very different places, Toad." She cuddles Stormsong and sends to him. "Thank you for your company. I do need a friend now." and lays down again, still amused.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »

Toad looks towards her and seems puzzled about her explanation of a lady...

"Oh my dear, I do not understand why is such a person called lady?... but know that I called you a lady out of respect... dear... umh... dear girl..."

Toad doesn't know what to call her anymore... but seems to shiver as he called her a girl, it rubs him the wrong way... Toad asks then...

"what... what should I call you then, my good desert warrior, huntress of the dunes?.. your people find much offence in things I say out of respect... please, tell me..."

Toad approaches but carefully, he truly seems to want to find a word to call her... Toad whispers softly...

"I feel... uneasy saying woman's name, I feel as if I am invading her privacy... I am sorry... I cannot do so to ones I do not know well..."

Stormsong wags his tail and looks at Antaka and send back...

"Stormsong always friend to friend! Stormsong stay watch when friend sleep and rest... always..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:55 PM »

Antaka looks at Toad. That's quite a dilemma. If he don't want to use her name and she don't want to be named like a bird. From him.
She never thought of given herself a name. She did have one. Boah, that's stupid!
"I don't know, you know. I do have a name, it's Antaka and I don't see any intimate in using it. Rose Thrush,.. " She grit her teeth and bristle with little anger. "I don't like that name. Not one bit, Sir Ribbit. Maybe call me Norah huntress, Norah is my tribes name."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2020, 06:47:30 PM »

Toad seems to be saddened and a loss for words...

"... such a distant name you give, my dear... I understand... Norah Huntress... and I let you be... I only wished for friendship... but do know I will not force it upon you... I am... sorry for bothering you... and I accept your declining my friendship..."

For a moment he looks at Antaka and then bows and leaves her be... Toad walks to the others and starts pondering about the problem under the floor...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2020, 07:00:33 PM »

Moondrop plays with her new dagger as Toad and Antaka argue. She tries different ways of hanging it around herself until she finds something that keeps it out of the way but still easily accessible.

She is still not used to being around so many others, and so much talking! She finds she is still too unsettled by everything that has happened to rest. What she really needs is time alone. She decides to go back outside to have a look around.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2020, 07:06:56 PM »

Moondrop goes outside, it is still quite cold but nothing like it was in the blizzard, in the distance the first rays of the sun can be seen touching the top of the mountain... but it is wonderfully quiet and peaceful outside... few morning birds fly over head and seem to be checking the dead tree as a possible nesting place, so summer is nearing...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »

Laluna listens to Toad's description of the man he has left behind. She wonders what kind of person could tick off someone like Toad.

Her thoughts of finding a way to the underground forest are interrupted with Toad and Antaka's disagreement. She feels worried, though she knows that not everyone must be friends in their holt. She fears that the space might be too small for them, especially if there's to be one more elf among them. She isn't too happy about the fact that Toad described the unknown elf as "a leech". In this situation, all help is needed... but maybe she judges the elf too soon.

"We should find out if the underground forest is safe. Otherwise, we might have to abandon this tower..." she ponders. She doubts that Toad's place will be big enough for all of them.

"If only we could find another way down in the forest. Stormsong, have you smelled anything weird, like summer around the tower?" she asks.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2020, 01:25:56 PM »

Stormsong looks at Laluna and sends...

"Stormsong only smell summer inside tower, down where all friend stay where Stormsong not fit..."

Wander looks at the and starts feeling tired after he had been standing for so long....

"so what shall we do?..."

Toad says...

"if there is a way down, I can go first if it happen to be some thing we need to battle... But, I welcome company by my side if someone wishes to join me... But my magnificent Blue Jay, I do ask you to stand further back, it would do us no good to lose a healer..."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Up