Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 87521 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2020, 04:56:35 PM »

The Wolf looks at Antaka, and starts to feel courage by her words... it comes a bit closer and sniffs at the meat from a distance, licks it lips... paces around a bit and whines because the meat it still in "hostile territory" slowly gets more courage and grabs the meat and retreats with it to to the dead tree... it seems to be surprised that no one chased it... so it settles down to eat... it swallows down the meat as if it hasn't had a bit to eat for a while... then it looks at the tower... and slowly walks just in the doorway and looks at Antaka with haunting orange eyes... it if FAR bigger than a jackal! it could easily carry two or three elves on it's back... it sends...

"I... trust more... we friend, but no family yet..."

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:13:22 PM by Berit »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2020, 05:16:39 PM »

Antaka was very happy about the outcome but also very nervous about the size of the Animal. She slowly stands up and offers another piece of meat. That given one might not be enough for his size.
"I am happy to call you a friend. You are wellcome. My name is Antaka. Do you have a name?"

(Two or three elves - holy molly! This wolf is huge! Did he even fits trough the entrance? Or the trapdoor? Is it a direwolf from Game of Thrones? O.O)
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2020, 05:33:08 PM »

"Name?..."

the Wolf wonder's, the concept is foreign to him but something he might learn...

"What is name?..."

The wolf sends and tilts his head, his underfur looks softer than that of a jackal, but his outer fur on the back is clearly of harsher texture...

(the wolf is only a tad bit bigger than the normal wolves we see in the comics, because he is more of an arctic wolf) http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=OQ/OQ01&p=6

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2020, 06:09:59 PM »

Antaka withstand the urge to touch this soft looking fur and thinks about the concept of names. He surly has other methodes to different individuals.
"We are given names by our parents or tribemates to differ us. It is very practical in a group while talking. It is short to just say Antaka to me and not 'the older girl with the slightly dark red hair that smells like' - I don't know what I smell off, but just as an example and we have three more with reddish hair. With a name you allways know that you are meant if someone calls you. Also every other tribemember around will know too that you are talked to or named. And in the far, if you can't see each other, everyone will know who is called and who it is. That must sound useless for you. You have other methodes to call your tribe, I think."
After she finished she thinks that must have been the badest description of a name use anytime. She smiles with her mouth closed, anxious not to show her teeth and make him angry.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2020, 06:19:14 PM »

The Wolf's ears point up and it starts to pant happily...

"Oh I understand! the calling! it is calling! thing that mother father call us in litter! so that is name! I understand now!..."

the wolf wags it's tail... but stops...

"I think the thing mother father call me not possible by you... you give me another name... mother call me..."

then the Wolf lets out a little ruff and moaning sound, that was what it was called by it's parents, it's true that it might be difficult for elves to cala it that... the Wolf by Sending to Antaka...

"So you name Antaka?... Antaka! like antler!.. and Antaka knows not what it smell like?.. Antaka smells nice, like sun light and sand and Antaka smells like friend!..."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »

(Heya! was asked about recognition and stuff! if you could kindly fill this when you want to, it would be dandy!) http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=456.0

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2020, 01:59:42 AM »

Laluna is a bit puzzled when Wander seems to shiver even in the warmth of the magic stone. She's shocked when she touches his skin.

"Your skin... it's so cold!" she exclaims. What could make him so cold, even in this warmth??

She carefully leans her head on his chest and listens to his breathing. She frowns when she hears that his other lung doesn't seem to work properly.

"I wish there were hot springs here... Steam might ease your cough."

She tries to listen to his pulse as well, to find out if his heart is healthy.

When Moondrop enters, she turns her head and smiles at her.

"You were fast! How fortunate that you found prey so close to the holt."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 03:20:26 PM by Czarine »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:59 AM »

Moondrop responds to Wander, "Antaka is the huntress."

Remembering the way they literally stumbled upon the prey she tells Laluna "Yes, we were very fortunate."

She is very curious to see what Laluna is doing, so moves over to warm her hands by the sun-stone to watch.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2020, 04:00:55 PM »

Laluna hearts a pulse but it is somehow off as well, without help Wander truly might drop dead soon... Wander asks...

"Hot spring? there might be one, I sometimes see steam rise in the distance... now I've only cleaned myself with snow I melted in the heat of the stone..."

Wander also looks at Moondrop, focusing his eyes on a while to see if she is truly alright, Moondrop has few peck marks but nothing serious... the stone emits calming warmth, it reminds Moondrop of summer days... and something about it suddenly jars something in Moondrop's memory, something about her own childhood, and the hands of an adult that took care of her... but she remember's nothing more...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2020, 01:39:53 AM »

Laluna looks even more worried when she hears Wander's heartbeat. He clearly is ill, but Laluna can't figure out what it is exactly that ails him.

"Do you have pains?" she asks Wander.

Laluna hopes that he's just malnourished and that with food he will turn for the better. She's very glad that Moondrop and Antaka found food so quickly. Laluna will have to try to go outside and find something to use as medicine for Wander. It just might be difficult with all the snow...

"When you go hunting again, you could try to look for the hot spring as well." she says to Moondrop.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2020, 06:28:49 AM »

Moondrop only half hears Laluna as she tries to bring back the fleeting memory. Finally she gives up, shaking the thought out of her head.

"What?" She looks at Laluna as the words make sense. "Oh. Yes. Why?"

She remembers why she came down here. "I think the meat we have will feed all of us. There might be more than we need. I hate to have it go to waste. I know frozen meat lasts longer, so we could leave it outside, but something else may eat it. Which is fine, if we don't need it."

"Sometimes I dry small pieces in the sun or over a fire. Then I can carry it with me. Maybe we could use your stone for that?"

"You said you have some food. Where do you keep it?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2020, 07:01:46 AM »

Wander says...

"I store it inside a stone outside... so nothing can get to it and it stays cold... I,,, I'll show you..."

Wander says and takes some time trying to get up... puts his clothes back in order and slowly heads upstairs... Moondrop's mind still rethinks the memory... oddest part of it is that she remembers an odd detail... the hands taking care of her had five fingers... yet they were not human hands... maybe it is just something her mind made up? but something tells her it isn't so... Wander climbs the stairs up and is startled by the wolf...

"B-beast! huge beast!..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2020, 07:07:04 AM »

Laluna smiles a little when she notices that Moondrop must've been daydreaming a bit.

"The warm water and steam could help Wander's lungs... and it would also give us a nice place to wash."

Laluna steps aside when Wander gets up. She's worried to see him move so slowly. He doesn't seem to be much in pain, but something makes him weak.

Laluna follows him, just to make sure that he won't trip. She's startled by Wander's exclamation but peeks curiously past him to get a glimpse of the wolf. It's not normal that a wolf would wander in this kind of a place. Maybe it smelled the food? But then again, Antaka should be there too..?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2020, 07:11:27 AM »

The wolf looks at them and nervously wags it tail a bit, to show he is friendly... it sends...

"Hello, more friends things... I am now friend, but not yet family..."

Wander steps back and almost falls down the stairs...

"Wolf that sends? wha- what?..."

(ugly drawing of the wolf, sorry!)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2020, 08:24:25 AM »

Moondrop moves to steady Wander.

"Oh! I forgot we brought back more than food! He also knows about the danger in the mountain. We invited him to join us here."

She looks at Wander uncertainly, suddenly realizing they are in his home and he might be upset with the wolf there.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2020, 08:29:52 AM »

Wander just looks about the wolf, not certain if it is a threat or not... the wolf just wags it's tail to them... Wander slowly starts to feel more safe, but still prefer's to have some sapce between him and the wolf, and seeing how slow he walks it must be understandable, he could never outrun the animal if it attacked... wander mumbles...
"
y-yes--- the stone... right..."

He shows them a stone not far from the door, opens it with his powers and the stone is hollow! inside it is some scraps of dried meat, some sorry looking mushrooms and a small pouch of some dried leaves..."

"his is all I have... the stone prevents scavengers from getting the food..."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2020, 11:44:39 AM »

Laluna is surprised to find that the wolf can send! She has never met one that could. And this is a big one, too!

Laluna too stands by ready when Wander staggers. She hopes that the excitement won't be too much for his heart. He needs mending, but he doesn't seem broken. She has to find a way to help him...

Laluna looks at the wolf curiously and approaches it a bit, stopping a few paces away from it.

"Hello.." she greets it with a gentle smile. She's sorry that she cannot answer the wolf's sending.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:29 PM »

Moondrop looks from the stone to Wander in bafflement.

"You come out here whenever you need food? Who fills it? Do you hunt and forage? Or is this all that's left from when you were left here?"

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »

After Wander shouts out in shock about the wolf Antaka overcome the desire to sprint forward and protect the wolf. It was her who lead him finally in, it was her Wander need to punish. But Wander calmed down nearly immediately after the sending so she relaxed instantly after. She was a little curious that Wander also finds it interesting that the wolf can send. This animal is called wolf than. Good to know.
"I asked the wolfs name, but we can't pronounce it - so he asked me to give him one. Any ideas?" Antaka asks to anyone.

Standing beside the stone Antaka just looks at it, impressed. But how did he get up here and bury it out of the sticky sand. After a storm it will be covert in that white mess, wouldn't it? It can't be the first storm that will come here tonight. But she listen to the answer to Moondrops questions while inspecting her hands. She needs to wash herself and clean the peck marks.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »

"Hello!"

Wolf Sends to Laluna and let's out a strange yawning happy growl, it wags it tail happily, they are all friendly, the wolf suddenly licks antaka softly when she comes close to him... his tongue is so soft and warm!... Wander looks at Moondrop...

"I... hunt what I can, but trapping... but I cannot go far... this is what I foraged under the snow... these mushrooms are edible... but they are not pleasant, the taste is... well... bad..."

Wander picks up the pouch with the leaves...

"but this is nice to drink when added to hot water..."

then Wander looks at Antaka when she mentions naming the wolf...

"Uh... well... Stormsong?... it is stormy and wolves like to sing..."

the he looks at others, waiting for their answers...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2020, 01:55:24 PM »

Moondrop doesn't answer, happy to leave the task of naming to the others.

She sniffs the pouch and finds the aroma pleasant.

She notes again Wander's pale skin and labored breathing and sniffs the mushroom dubiously, hoping they aren't the kind to hurt the stomach or the mind.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2020, 02:15:58 PM »

Wander suddenly chuckles a bit, he finds Moondrop's animalistic curiosity and sniffing things apparently kind of adorable, but suddenly stops himself, looks serious...

"I am sorry... I didn't mean to offend..."

He says to Moondrop then looks at the snow sadly... He just couldn't help himself for a moment...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »

Antaka gives Wander an anxious look and assumed he was in memory of his lost tribe. She changed the subject don't want to be remembered of her lost tribe.
"Do you like stormsong?", Antaka asks the wolf friendly. "sounds furious and joyfull in one, I like it." With a little fear she holds her hand to him to let him sniff and touches his head to stroke him. His ear could like a little cuddling she thinks.

"I will put the meat inside and try to wash me afterwarts. I think this white sticky sand will be become water. For it is cold I will give it a try to get rid of the bloodstains."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »

"Stormsong good if friend think it good!"

The wolf says, and gets alert when Antaka reaches her hand, the wolf is soft, especially it's ears, far softer then a jackal! Stormsong closes it's eyes and really enjoys the ear scratch, it like it so much it leans a bit forward, almost losing it's balance!... Wander asks...

"Sand? oh! oh no my friend! it is called snow... and it will melt! also... we can warm the snow over the heat stone to get warm water for you to bathe in!... and... I'm happy to see you back safe and sound... welcome back..."

Wander looks at her for a moment focusing his eyes, he wants to see that antaka is alright after the hunt...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2020, 03:42:50 PM »

"thank you, Wander. I'm safe and sound thanks to Moondrops help. If we both didn't attacked that bird at the same time I don't know what would happend. The bath sounds comfy, but cold water will better wash the blood out of my clothes and from my skin." She was talking out of experience and carry's the meat to the stone, thanks everyone who help her with friendly words and a happy laugh.

She will lay the sun stone on the snow, not to heat but to melt it and rub the stains out of her clothes. None melted snow will make the rubbing more easy because it was more like sand. Afterward she will search for the warmth inside to finally get dry.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Up