Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice  (Read 86885 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« on: December 30, 2019, 12:19:18 PM »

Time for a new RPG! This time I simplified the rules even more! so character sheets and things like that are for your own enjoyment only, I will add sheets like previously to those who want them.

RULES
dice rolling is optional, your character will simply not get any boon from events if he/she doesn't roll... that means no extra items or extra food, you'r character will simply survive the event. but if you roll die then you might find stuff like materials and new locations, but be vary! if you roll 1 you will fail! (no one dies, since this is for first timers, but injury or embarrassment may occur)

MAKING A CHARACTER
anyone can join but please refrain from making too annoying characters, this is supposed to be fun fro everyone. also, do not make a character that is good in everything. add some flaws and things they are not good at to make them more interesting!... also, if you don't use a die, it would be fun to see your character fail at times, because no one of us is perfect all the time!

So there is that! ask me about anything if something puzzles you! also, you can roll dice here https://www.random.org/dice/, (just set it so that you are rolling 1 die) sure you can cheat and make up a number, but if you go that far you are actually just spoiling the fun from yourself, no one else is affected by it... So onward to adventure!...

Character sheet you can fill http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=455.msg8084#msg8084

If you are uneasy about some subjects with your characters you can choose things that can/ cannot happen to them here: http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=456.0
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:32:34 PM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Elfquest fanart RPG 2 - the land of ice
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »

Snow falls slowly, landing on your face as you come to... you have no recollection how you got here, in the middle of the endless white. as you look around you see some mountains and there might be some sort of structure in the distance, but it is a little too far off for you to see clearly... what do you do?...

(please describe what your character looks like and his/her actions!)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 12:48:45 PM »

(Was Requested to put the character sheets in game for those who want to fill tham, so they are here http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=455.msg8084#msg8084)

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »

Moondrop sits up, brushing the snowflakes from her face. She looks around, seeing nothing but an expanse of white in all directions. No thick brush to cover her. No high trees to find a vantage point from which to consider her surroundings. Her dark clothing and ash-colored hair make her a single, obvious spot on the bright landscape. Feeling uncomfortable so exposed, she shivers and pulls her tattered rust-colored cape more tightly to her.

Her eye catches on something in the distance. She is wary of getting closer. There is no hiding out here, no way to cover her approach to observe what it is before whoever is there sees her. But there is nothing else here, so she begins to walk towards it.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 12:17:45 PM »

As Moondrop approaches the thing in the distance, it seems to be some sort of old abandoned human building left to decay for hundred of years, a single tree stands decorating the landscape...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:51:40 AM by Berit »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »

Antaka, named after her mother, was still watching the ancient building in front of her. It may once been made by humans and she has not a good feeling about it. She was hunched so low, she nearly touches the ground with her jaw like a cat going hunting. The snowflakes leave dots of water on her dark skin and the wind brushes her bushy dark red hair out of her face.
She has no clue how she gets here, she was looking for her tribe for days, lost them somehow in a sandstorm and than she was here. Not the best place for someone wearing a thin, long white cloak, now soaked from the snow, made to protect against hot sun, not icy winds. Underneath she was wearing sandcolored trousers to the knees and a closed vest of dark red that not even reaching her navel. Luckily her shoes where made of thick leather. Freezing she needs to find a warmer place or at least something warmer to cloth her. Could there be anything good in this long forgotten ruin? Could she go inside, unharmed? It seems to be empty but she can't tell for sure. Better to watch it a little bit longer. Even if she was nearly frozen to death by now.
But wait! There was a dark dot in a long distance. Perfect to spot in this glaring white. A figure was approaching. It was a woman dressed in dark colors and a rust colored cape. Antaka grabs her spear tight. Does this woman lives here? Is she a friend? Please let it be a friend.

I must have gone crazy to join in. I barley have time and I never have written a prose text in English. But something on this setting catches me and I just saw Antaka there, watching, freezing.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 05:54:47 AM »

(Welcome aboard!)

Antaka and Moondrop both see each other, standing in the blinding white, it makes their shapes look unrecognizable at first but both soon understand that they are looking at another elf! one that seems to be just as lost as they are!...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 07:38:28 AM »

(Moondrop rolls a 4.)

Moondrop slows as she spies a figure between her and the ruins. Her normal instinct would be to hide or flee, but it is obviously too late to not be seen, and there really is no where else to go. She could walk in any direction, hope to find some animals to trap for food and eventually a warm place to rest, but she is curious about the ruins.

As she walks closer she can make out the other figure is an elf, like she is, although her skin is dark like tanned leather, where Moondrop's is almost as pale as the snow around them. Moondrop pauses as she notices the spear the other elf carries, then looks beyond it to the thin fabric she wears. She is even more ill-prepared for this weather than Moondrop is.

Moondrop glances at the structure and sees no smoke or sign that the building might be the other elf's home. Could she have found herself here as strangely as Moondrop did?

Eying the spear, Moondrop stops just in speaking distance. "You look cold." She edges around out of spear reach and continues on toward the ruin. "Maybe there's something here we can use to keep warm."

Moondrop cautiously approaches the doorway to peek inside.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 09:38:34 AM »

Moondrop looks around and managed to see a little hole in the snow, like something just had fallen and broken it's surface, in it she finds a strange cube! it depicts the opening and closing stages of the eye and on top there is a sphere, or a button... it doesn't do anything yet... but the cube clearly feels special... magic... there must be something magical about it!...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:04:05 PM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 11:35:07 AM »

Laluna wakes up when a snowflake tickles her nose.

"ACHOOO!!" she sneezes loudly and sits up abruptly.

The surrounding whiteness perplexes her. She had just been in a lush, green forest, looking for berries to pick, but she can't remember much else... Did she happen on a dreamberry bush and pass out?

Laluna stands up and wipes the snow off her blue hair and soft, purple colored leathers. Then she shudders violently because the garments are ill-suited for white cold. She takes a quick look around, seeing only white, untile she spots a vague, large shape of some... structure, maybe?

She decides it's too cold to stay put anyway, so she trudges towards the shape.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »

Laluna hears the crunching of the snow as she battles through it, it is heavy and at times she falls deeper into it... but finally she sees the structure better! some strange half collapsed structure, maybe made by humans and there are two elves standing near it! both look ill equipped for the weather...

(haha! nice pic!)

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 11:42:56 AM »

Antaka stands shivering in the building, looking for something to make fire. The cube looks interesting and she suggest to moondrop, to push on the eyes in the order they took, when they open. Closed first, open last.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 12:01:10 PM »

Laluna fears her leathers will be all soaked before she can even get to the structure. She's worried, that she'll freeze to death if she can't find shelter soon...

Her thoughts are interrupted when she finally arrives at a tower of sorts and spots two elves near it! She opens her mouth to greet them, but they vanish inside the strange tower.

Timidly, she decides to go to the tower's doorway and hopes that the elves are friendly.

"H-Hello..?" she calls out cautiously.

(Question! Do the characters from the previous RPG know each other or are we "resetting" the game, so no-one knows each other?)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 12:12:34 PM »

(I was thinking about resetting, but in the end you get to choose, if they know, then some of my NPCs that were on Mistquest also know them)

Antaka sees that the Tower is made of cobblestone but the floor is interesting cream colored smooth stone, there is also a trapdoor down and from it's cracks shines some light! soft coughing sounds can be heard, as if someone very ill is somewhere behind the trapdoor, there is also warmth inside the tower, there must a a heat source under the floor...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »

There was a call! Antaka layes her interest to the trapdoor aside and looks out and sees another elf. With blue hair? Interesting, maybe some merchant like the ones out of the desert? The more, the warmer, she was thinking and wave to her to come in
Also good to have someone more by her side to investegate this door. She wants to mention it, as soon as everyone was here.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 12:22:08 PM by Yavia »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 06:07:10 PM »

Moondrop first sniffs the cube, then holds it up against her own eye before pushing on the sides as suggested by the other elf. Just as she finishes, a voice startles her and she drops it!

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 02:18:55 AM »

Quizzically Antaka looks at Moondrop, than at the cube and wonders if her given name has something to do with the drop. Than she calls herself an idiot about such stupid thinking and tries to supress her upcomming laughter about herself.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 05:57:55 AM »

The Cube did not react on the sides being pushed it drops to the floor and rolls on the side... they have no idea what to do with it just yet... the slight coughing is heard again, but it halts for a moment, the person must have heard them and is alert. weak voice asks from below...

"is... is someone there?..."

His voice is soft but deep, but he seems to be an elf, he seems more worried than hostile...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 06:26:10 AM »

Antaka throws a tense look at Moondrop, keeping her spear ready to fight if nessasary. Then slowly moves toward the door, speaking loud. "Hello, we can hear you, are you okay?" She tries to open the trapdoor.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »

Laluna looks at the dark-skinned elf a bit timidly, but when she gestures for her to come in, she steps inside the tower.

"Hi, I'm Laluna." she introduces herself.

Then she notices the other elf, who seems startled. There's something familiar about her.

"...Have we met before?" Laluna asks, trying to remember where she's seen the alert, grey-haired elf before.

Suddenly Laluna hears a coughing sound from below, and shortly after, a weak voice speaks. Her healer's instincts kick in, and she joins the dark-skinned elf towards the trapdoor. If there's somebody in need of help, Laluna will do her best to aid. She feels frustrated for not having any tools or herbs with her.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 04:29:58 PM »

While Antaka and Laluna work on opening the trap door, Moondrop retrieves the strange cube. She puts it in one of the inner pockets of her cloak.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »

As Moondrop puts the cube away, for a moment it feels slightly warm, but the warmth of it fades fast... Laluna and Antaka open the Trapdoor and the air is clearly warmer inside. stone steps lead them to another room with smooth walls and a throne...

On the throne sits an elf whose skin is literally white as snow! even as they stand in front of him he asks with a surprisingly deep voice, what seems to contrast his soft face...

"Who? what are you?..."

it appears his eyes might be partly blind... he looks at them a moment until he says...

"Elves... other Elves... here I thought I was the only one left... My name is Wander... who might you be?..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2020, 05:03:42 PM »

Antaka will introduce herself when there will be time to do so and is silently happy about finding three elves in such a short time. Even if she fears the one on the throne would drop dead from it any second. Also she is happy about the warmth in here and will try  to dry her coat with some slight waving it with her hands.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »

Antaka notices that the warmth is coming from a large stone in the middle of the room, it is oddly colored and also emits light that feels like sunlight... the closer to the stone she is the warmer it gets, it would probably burn like fire if she touched it...

Wander says softly with his deep voice...

"Careful... that is a heat stone, a thing from deep under the earth... it will burn if you touch it..."

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 01:41:27 AM »

"Deep from under the earth? How did it gets here?" She asks herself in interest but agrees to Wander's advice "I won't touch it, I just want to stand near it to get me warm and my cloth dry, if that's okay. Come join me whoever want to." She will make way if someone wants to join and share the warmth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up