Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elf Quest Animation progress  (Read 6496 times)

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Elf Quest Animation progress
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »

Thought i would start this thread to give updates on my progress, rather than posting in the gallery

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Quest Animation progress
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

worked in the changes suggested in the gallery.

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »

And of course here is cutter and nightrunner.
just a test run, still looking for critique.

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »

ok you can guess on this one
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:03:49 PM by BaoRyn »

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 08:16:33 AM »

That does look very interesting. What tools do you use? Did you do the wireframe all alone?
They look close to the original.
I'd have to see them closer for a real check, but they're not looking like uncanny-valley. The former image of Cutter might have him with a slightly too soft and nice looking face (a bit doll-style?), but it might fit him well for a young version of him.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 11:55:38 AM »

They look wonderful!
I like how they reflect the original style AND are your own.
Only thing I would change is the size of the wolf; he seems rather small to be able to carry Cutter.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 05:38:25 AM »

I agree with Afke, the wolf needs to be bigger. Also, Cutter's thighs should probably cling tighter to the wolf's sides in order to stay on its back.

Love this project! I've wanted to try and make 3D-fan art too, but I don't have enough skills for that I'm afraid. :D I'm eager to see what else you come up with.

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »

Hi. i know it looks like nightrunner is to small, i have cross checked and double checked with the images in the graphic novels. but, this is why i came here. it looks to small to me as well and i'm not about to make major changes without the approval of the fan base. i'm not George Lucas................lol.
anyway, i digress.
 these are just character studies. not finished images and i do plan on making appropriate changes with your suggestions, so thank you so much.
jaRf, to answer your questions, Tools= DAZ studio, Maya, marvelous designer, Photoshop, Z-Brush and auto group editor.
                                              model= i use a base "Mesh" from daz studio called genesis 8. I dial in morphs as close as i can get to the character i'm working on then export to Z-Brush to detail the OBJ then back to studio to create a new morph target, clothes start with an already modeled set then i shape and re-texture. if i don't have a pre made set then i use marvelous designer to create a new set. hope this helps.
 more characters to come. i'm doing an animation so there will be more.

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 06:49:20 PM »

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 06:51:55 PM »

did another update to Skywise's hair, cant seem to get it. and of course pike is added to the group.

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 03:35:58 PM »

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 05:53:19 PM »

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 11:48:41 AM »

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 05:09:31 PM »

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:43:28 PM by BaoRyn »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 05:57:49 AM »

What kind of criticism do you want from a fan?
My criticism as a fan is they all do have five fingers. That's it.
It seems like you wanted them to look like your style. Or did you just took the costumes out of a catalog as making them yourself is to difficult? Doesn't matter anyways, I just can't criticism that they look different. For once I really love your style and it is not obligatory to make every pic a 100% Wendy copy.

I assume you did see it yourself that the posing dose look like dolls are positioned. Cutter is not good attached on Nightrunner, Leetahs hands (Pic in the gallery) dose not resting easily on another. The rough fabric of the Clothes strengthen that Doll impression for me and the hair of Skywise seems like fur attached on a small doll. Redlances braids/plaits are also very big. Like a child making the figures fitting the favourite character and playing with them.
I don't know what you want to do with them later but imagine to make a play made by a child. I would absolutely love that!

I really love the Strongbow related one especially the face. The face looks more adult and I love the hair. Also his upper body standing pose looks good.
The muscle on the legs of all of them looks unfitting to me. Like they had pockets on the side of their thighs under their pants. Maybe they look just to big to me.

All in one I'm absolutely stunned to see your work in so many Programs to make this brilliant result. Gorgeous! I really like it!
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 03:49:08 PM »

OK, i have a few test animations of leetah dancing. each file is in a different render engine.just tests.....there will be many tests while i develop my pipeline for this project. apparently i cant post video on this site so i have it up over on deviant art through this link.
http://fav.me/dda4kw2

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 03:59:23 PM »

Yavia, you are absolutely correct, critique is probably the wrong word for it. thoughts and opinions is more closely to what i was thinking. Too many developers and directors take a beloved subject and ruin it with there idea of what is wanted. i refuse to be like them. the idea is to get a film that the fans want and the only way to do that is to ask. as for the fingers....LOL.... i was wondering when someone would say something, the base model i use has 5 fingers and i was waiting to get the characters close to done before going to my modeling software and creating a morph target that i can then use on any character i want. just haven't gotten to it yet. it is in my schedule though.

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:25 AM »

Awww! That belly-dancing Leetah is so cute!
And thanks for the explanations.

You've got quite a collection of (mainly) wolfriders, it's great to see it growing. To mumble a few thoughts: I think their faces might still look a bit similar, at least one can notice the same base (maybe Strongbow stands out more here?).
Well, I am looking forward to see what's next. And maybe... some special sun-folk elf...  ;)

BaoRyn

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »

cast photo, scene 1 episode 1
Pages: [1]   Go Up