Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2020 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 29506 times)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: 2020 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2020, 03:52:44 AM »

I get the same error as Wildfire. I hope things get sorted out soon!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2020, 07:11:47 AM »

Thanks for the updates.

According to the customer service rep I have been speaking with everything should have been sorted out the morning of Jan 4 but I've messaged her again letting her know that the calendar doesn't seem to be available now.

Hopefully we can work to get this resolved sometime today.  ;)

UPDATE: The calendar is available for purchase https://www.zazzle.com/elfquest_2020_fan_art_calendar-158196904029440088
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 10:15:30 AM by Maggie »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »

Looks like I can finally see the calendar as available product. :) No errors this time!

Snarkclaw

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »

Looks like I can finally see the calendar as available product. :) No errors this time!
Same here.  :)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »

Yes, we've sold several copies already...mine has been shipped and is on its way!

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2020, 05:08:45 AM »

Yes! I received mine today! I am curious about peoples opinions about it.
I love the images and it's good quality paper. Funny that I finally start to recognize peoples style😁 Well done folks!
The only 2 negatives for me are that the size is so small (while we have all made such high quality drawings) that the details are less visible and that it is printed on both sides. Maybe something to keep in mind for next year.
If someone can tell me how to get an attachement in a message in this forum I'll try to upload 2 pics with the calendars on it.😁
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2020, 06:07:28 AM »

Sorry for not being able to give feedback sooner, but I have also ordered the calendar without any problems! I am so looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful art on my wall!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2020, 10:02:11 AM »

@AceQuester - The calendar is 11" by 7" which I thought would be a decent size. There is a larger version of this calendar but it is 17" by 11" which I thought was too big. I also wanted to keep the cost down. Last year I paid about $60 CDN for my calendar and have paid in and around that amount for past calendars. Next year I would probably offer the vertical style as well as the horizontal style to give a variation but I can't really make any kind of proper judgment until I see this years printed version for myself.

I'm not sure why the pages are double sided, that doesn't make a lot of sense and no where on the Zazzle website does it say that is the case. Does that mean the calendar consists of only 8 pages? The front cover, back cover and then the 12 months on only 6 sheets of paper?

As for adding images you'd have to upload the photos to an image hosting site like photobucket then you use the button that looks like a little painting (insert image) in your message then you insert the URL you get off the hosting site in between the brackets and any photos should show up in your message.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:05:57 AM by Maggie »

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »

First, I really want to make clear that I don’t want to complain to Maggie, but am super thankful that she made the calendar available in printed form. However, I also have to admit that I am a bit disappointed by the physical thing...
It is really, really small, the artwork is tiny, it is indeed printed on both sides and the hole to hang it on your wall is in the middle of the artwork...

Nonetheless, the quality of the print is really good and I just love to have all of you guys’s work on my wall agin.  :-*

*Edit: as I am not paying for the 10 pics I still have on Photobucket, it won’t let me post pics normally anymore. Until  I find a new hosting service maybe the quality is still good enough to see what I am talking about...sorry...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 02:54:23 PM by Treefox »

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2020, 12:32:47 AM »

I was already wondering why the images seemed to show what was intended (so no 404 error), but why they were blurred and watermarked also in other forums. Well... photobucket. So many things went down the drain.
I'll be receiving my own exemplar soon I guess so I can also check from close range.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2020, 10:13:01 AM »

I just received my calendar and it is small, smaller than I thought it would be but it does have its charms.

For me it's a good size because I don't use the calendars, I simply archive them. But I can see where others would be disappointed. Please remember Zazzle has a satisfaction guarantee, so if anyone wants to send theirs back for a refund by all means go ahead.

Next year (providing there is a calendar) I would opt for the larger size and would probably go with a landscape style rather than the portrait one. For me as the cover artist portrait is better but overall landscape will showcase the full detail of each artists work. Another thing that would help would be to take away the white border I usually add to the image and the titles (this would make the image larger). I can simply add titles and credits to the back of the calendar.

As for the hole, well you get what you get. This issue has cropped up before and obviously I have no control over that aspect of the calendars production. I wish it didn't land on the artwork but again...what can I do. At least it didn't obstruct anything major. It kind of hits Ember's hair on the September image but otherwise it isn't too obtrusive. No one had a hole in the middle of their forehead...haha.

Now that I know (and you all know) what we're dealing with we can adjust accordingly to make sure the next printed calendar looks its best. 

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2020, 12:07:14 PM »

Yes, that is right. And I really don’t want to complain to you at all. Still very happy to have the printed thing in my hands.
It’s nice to hear that there are options for changing the layout.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2020, 10:07:23 AM »

I don't consider it complaining. Going with a new site for the calendar was going to be a bit of trial and error but if no one speaks up then I can't possibly know what's what.  ;) I appreciate the feedback.

I'm glad the print quality is decent, the price was not bad and the calendars seemed to get to people quickly enough. Just have to make sure not to offer baby versions of the thing next time.  :D

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2020, 02:06:34 AM »

Got mine yesterday and I also was a little surprised about the size, well, this is especially if you're used to the old ones. This format might fit well for the portrait aspect ratio, but not really for landscape - on the other hand there is also the very calendar part that needs space.
I also use them more to look at (I don't mark anything in them), more as an arts object than a real calendar for daily use.

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2020, 07:26:59 PM »

I received mine awhile ago. I actually love the size! I don’t mark on them so it’s perfect to be displayed and stored away with the rest of my EQ goodies!

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »

Mine was waiting for me.  I love it!  The size means I do not have to share.  And March . . .  perfect -  the Fighter and the Earth/Tree healer -  that says it all.
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up