Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2020 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 29343 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2020 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:58:42 PM »

The theme for the 2020 EQ Fan Art Calendar is: OUR FAVOURITES

**You may use characters from the original quest to the final quest but you must do your best not to spoil things for those who have not yet read the most recent installment of the series**

Submissions for the 2020 Calendar are being accepted:
February 5th, 2019 through October 31st, 2019

THEME

Submitted artwork should represent the theme "Our Favourites"

This theme is meant to be easy and enjoyable. Please represent your favourite character(s), moments, the things you love best about Elfquest, etc. Whatever you like (within reason please). Please note, reproductions of scenes already portrayed in the EQ saga will not be accepted. You need to be more creative. Look at the scene from a different angle, or another characters perspective. Carbon copies are a no, no.

Number of submissions required: 11 (I will do the cover and that artwork will also be included in the calendar this year).

DETAILS

• You must first post to the thread that you would like to participate. Don't give any details, just say... "I'm in!" or "I would like to participate this year". I will contact you once I know you want to be a part of the calendar to find out what your concept is.

• Once you have been contacted by me, you will be required to send me a brief description of your concept as well as a list of all the characters you plan to use and which ones are the main focus. Please have an alternate idea in mind, in case someone ahead of you on the list has a similar idea.

Please copy and paste the following into the PM with all fields filled in:

Your Name:
EQFA User Name:
Artist Credit (Real or User only):
Email Address:
Description of Concept:
Character Choice:

• As they come in I will post which characters are being used to the thread (how they are being used and who is using them will be kept secret). Let's try and keep things as varied as possible.

• You will be asked to update Maggie in June with your progress. This will help to determine if we will have enough entries for the calendar. If at any time you feel you cannot continue just send a message, there won’t be any hard feelings.

• Please keep in mind that you have approx. 8 months to get your submission ready, which should be more than enough time. If there is no response to the request for progress I will have to assume you are no longer participating and I will have no choice but to find a replacement artist. Communication is key, so please keep in touch.

• You may submit up to three entries for the calendar but before you contemplate that second or third entry you must first finish and submit one entry to Maggie.

GROUPS

• You may work in groups of two if that makes things easier for you. Please let me know who you will be working with when you sign up.

• How you work in your group is totally up to you. One of you may supply a sketch for the other to ink and colour or you may work together to complete the scene. It doesn’t matter so long as you both agree.

CONTENT

• Entries must be original artwork created specifically for the calendar. The use of photos or "borrowed" art for backgrounds is not allowed.

• Entries must not be available for the general public to view online until the okay is given for general sharing. Before then, any entries found online in any form (thumbnails, crops, etc.) will be disqualified and removed.

• Canon Elfquest characters (of any race) only. No what-if characters (i.e., Worldpool).

• PG-13 or under.

FORMAT

**Please make sure your submissions are the correct size. Any submissions that are not 3300x2550 pixels or 11 x 8.5 inches at 300dpi will not be accepted**

• All entries should be in full color, with some type of a background. No font please.

• Size: 11"x 8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)

• Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)

• File format: JPEG/PNG format only

HOW TO SUBMIT

• When you are ready please email your full-sized entry to Maggie. Please PM Maggie when you have an entry ready to be submitted.

• Entries must be received by midnight CST, October 31, 2019.

Include the following:

• Your submission as an attachment not embedded into an email.

• Title of your submission. Titles will be included on the calendar.

CREDIT

• The artist credit will be used for credits on the calendar/website.

PUBLISHING

• The eleven winners will be chosen by a panel of judges (if more than 11 entries are submitted).

• The finished calendar will be available for download at elfquestfanart.com. In addition, the calendar may be published and available for purchase.

QUESTIONS

• Any questions about the calendar may be asked and answered on this thread or PM Maggie.

• Don't know what this is all about, check out the current and past Fan Art Calendars here: http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=fanartcalendar

CHARACTERS

The characters below are spoken for. Please consider one that isn't already listed. Thank you!

• Shuna
• Kimo
• Chot
• Yif
• Skot
• Krim
• Urda
• Vok
• Klagg
• Cutter
• Rayek
• Petalwing
• Strongbow
• Moonshade
• Young Dart
• Jink
• Firstborn Newbreed
• Nightfall
• Redlance
• Joyleaf
• Bearclaw
•Rahnee
•Winnowill
•Lord Voll

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:25:38 PM by Maggie »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: 2020 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:15:36 PM »

I'd love to join!...

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 12:38:54 AM »

I am in! :)
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Snarkclaw

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »

I would like to join!  :-)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »

I'm in!

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »

Daring an optimistic outlook towards this year I'd say:
I would like to join.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »

I'd also like to join :)

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 04:56:49 AM »

Anyone up for a collaboration? I'm sure I'll be able to join if someone can take over the colouring part for me. ♥

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 09:17:15 AM »

@Afke I'll work with you, if no one else feels up to it.  ;D

Snarkclaw

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 09:24:27 AM »

Ooo, I really like the list of characters people plan to feature so far.  It is only February, and I already want to see the images!  :-)

Wintergreen

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 08:26:41 PM »

I'd like to join this year.

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 07:47:22 AM »

I would very much like to join the Calendar fun for 2020.    I would be seeking a colorist, so put me down for a collaboration, please.
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »

I would like to join.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 09:41:40 AM »

Just as a bit of a clarification, the theme for 2020 is Our Favourites which means I want you to be able to work with the character(s) you want to work with. That being said, let's still try and keep things as varied as possible. The operative word here is try. Nothing is set in stone and I'm not going to say no you can't. Unless the concept you have is exactly the same as someone else's, then I'll have to ask for you to think of something different.

I want this to be enjoyable (since that was the point of having such an open theme). However, I also want the calendar to be an interesting collection of submissions (if possible). I know there are some serious fan favourites out there but if the months consist of mostly the same characters that might get a little tedious. So do your best to choose someone not on the list but if your hearts desire is already there, so be it.  ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 12:39:13 AM »

I would also love to contribute again!

kandrinchae

• Treewee
  • Fan since 1990
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »

I want to give this a go this year. I want in!
~Shade & Sweet Water~

Veronica / Suncatcher

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »

We're getting quite a list of characters, I can't wait to see the submissions.  ;D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 07:25:55 AM »

I really want to join but I need to get back to you. It's kind of hard for me to pick out favorite scenes and characters.  There are so many good ones!
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 11:30:08 AM »

Take your time to decide, there's no rush. ;)

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 06:59:06 AM »

There is if you want to do your favorite characters, Chot, my absolute favorite is taken already.  ;D
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 10:08:41 AM »

Well, if you really have you're heart set on him you can use him. I just try to have variety in the calendar but I don't want any broken hearts...haha. There is also the issue of judging if it comes to that. If two submissions feature the same character then chances are only one will make it into the calendar, so keep that in mind.

Still if you're heart is set, I won't stop you.  ;D

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »

I’m in!

Prayer

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:00 AM »

I would like to join this year.  :)
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." ~ Romans 12:9-10

Wolfrider

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 12:44:37 PM »

I wanted to join in, but the character I wanted (Cutter) is spoken for.

However, I’m noticing Skywise is not spoken for. I’d love to use him, if possible.

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »

Maggie, I'm thinking about giving it a try this year. I'm running a bit of a test on myself this week to see if I have the chops to meet the deadline, so I'll confirm on Sunday whether I've got it in me :)

Update:

Newp, I don’t think my pace is going to be fast enough :( I’ll continue to play with the ideas I have, but I’m out of practice and spare time is minimal, so they’ll likely be something I keep pecking on for a future year.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:44:44 AM by Foxeye »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up