Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painter 11  (Read 4990 times)

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
Painter 11
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:06:07 PM »

Not sure if anyone else here dabbles with Corel Painter. I just learned today that Painter XI was recently released, and it has a few features that are really really attractive to me:

• Color management that is more in synch with photoshop (halleluah!!)
  • Transformation tool that lets you see your selection while transforming it (like Photshop)
  • Really nice new pencil brushes (these are the "Real" pencils under the pencil palette. I tried them out this morning and I was really impressed)
  • various other stuff I forgot about

I'm hearing that it's still somewhat unstable (Painter is notorious for crashing), so I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it until the first patch is out...but I do recommend getting the 30-day trial for those with tablets.  The new pencil brushes are phenomenal.

Oh! And it sounds like they've added some new lighter-weight program...Painter Sketch Pad.  Basically a "Painter Lite" for, well, sketching rather than doing really mega-fancy paintings. Supposedly has those pencil brushes as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Mournsong

• Treewee
    • View Profile
Re: Painter 11
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »

I used to work with Painter Classic... but I need my sister's cd to install it on my new computer and I'm not sure it still works... the cd got damaged a long time ago (my sister isn't very careful with her belongings) and last time, I could only install the German version. I also got Corel Draw and I'm learning to use that now... and I want a tablet!

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 07:04:53 AM »

Downloaded Corel Painter yesterday and it confused the hell out of me xD There's waaaaay too many options for me, so I downloaded the Sketch Pad version instead. Much easier to use for noobs like me xD

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »

I don't blame you. I've been using Painter for 4-5 years, and it still confuses the @#^!# out of me. :P 

Mirr

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • http://miravisu.net
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:23:14 AM »

Hmm.. I remember trying a program called Fractal Design Painter.. it had superb brushes alright (I never did manage to figure out how to use layers in it though...), but I'm not sure what did happen to it. But it seems Corel acquired it and took under its Corel Painter wing, so to speak?

Foxeye

• Calendar Judge
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Jungle Fire
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »

Exactly. Fractal Design was the company that created it, then sold it to Corel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up