Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 5785 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 03:43:23 PM »

Kind of off topic but if you didn't see it yet here is Richard Pini talking about the EQ fan book that a lot of you participated in: https://youtu.be/2KECC6Cc1Ds?t=15m57s

jaRf

• MatureArtAccess
  • Wolf
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »

Yes, that is the fanbook.

By the way: what about topic discussion / voting for 2020?

I hope I'll find the time to comment on all the entries, soon... *sigh* RL work...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2019, 08:38:43 AM »

Discussion for the 2020 calendar is on hold for a bit. The site that the printed calendar used to be published on no longer makes calendars. We are looking into alternatives.

This development may end up changing the calendar details slightly, so I figured there was no point in going ahead until I know more about the future of the printed version of the calendar.  ;)

jaRf

• MatureArtAccess
  • Wolf
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 01:11:11 AM »

That is fairly unfortunate, but there should be plenty of printing services around the world. In my town most copy shops offer more or less good services and then we do have some real printer-shops, some even to very large textile prints. Question is, do these kind of shops offer something like print-on-demand and international shipment?

But the pure topic choice shouldn't be affected by e.g. side ratios for printed calendars, should it? I mean, it just that we'll probably lose a month for having a choice of topic; and who knows how progress will vary over the year.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2019, 12:31:53 PM »

Unfortunately I'm not the decision maker when it comes down to who will print the calendars, that is up to Mr. Pini and his staff.

You're right the theme isn't affected by this but not having a printed option changes things, like the timeframe which is why I'm waiting. It may also be that people want to opt out if there isn't a printed version so I want to make sure I have all the details before any threads are opened about the upcoming calendar.

If that makes it difficult to participate I'm sorry about that but like I said, I don't have the power to decide anything about the printed version. We need to be respectful and wait.

AceQuester

• MatureArtAccess
  • Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Today at 07:27:59 AM »

Hi Maggie,

Is it a good idea to already start a poll about which theme we want for next year? Opening a threat for suggestions and holding a poll will also take some time. Maybe in the meantime it's clear which company prints the calendars and we can start immediately with the details. In that way we don't loose as much time because people also need time to think about their subject when they know what the theme will be.
And if someone already starts drawing it's his/hers own responsibility when it turns out that the calendar details are slightly off.

And it's just fun to think about the themes and speculate which one it turns out to be ;)
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up