Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 26958 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 03:43:23 PM »

Kind of off topic but if you didn't see it yet here is Richard Pini talking about the EQ fan book that a lot of you participated in: https://youtu.be/2KECC6Cc1Ds?t=15m57s

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »

Yes, that is the fanbook.

By the way: what about topic discussion / voting for 2020?

I hope I'll find the time to comment on all the entries, soon... *sigh* RL work...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2019, 08:38:43 AM »

Discussion for the 2020 calendar is on hold for a bit. The site that the printed calendar used to be published on no longer makes calendars. We are looking into alternatives.

This development may end up changing the calendar details slightly, so I figured there was no point in going ahead until I know more about the future of the printed version of the calendar.  ;)

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 01:11:11 AM »

That is fairly unfortunate, but there should be plenty of printing services around the world. In my town most copy shops offer more or less good services and then we do have some real printer-shops, some even to very large textile prints. Question is, do these kind of shops offer something like print-on-demand and international shipment?

But the pure topic choice shouldn't be affected by e.g. side ratios for printed calendars, should it? I mean, it just that we'll probably lose a month for having a choice of topic; and who knows how progress will vary over the year.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2019, 12:31:53 PM »

Unfortunately I'm not the decision maker when it comes down to who will print the calendars, that is up to Mr. Pini and his staff.

You're right the theme isn't affected by this but not having a printed option changes things, like the timeframe which is why I'm waiting. It may also be that people want to opt out if there isn't a printed version so I want to make sure I have all the details before any threads are opened about the upcoming calendar.

If that makes it difficult to participate I'm sorry about that but like I said, I don't have the power to decide anything about the printed version. We need to be respectful and wait.

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2019, 07:27:59 AM »

Hi Maggie,

Is it a good idea to already start a poll about which theme we want for next year? Opening a threat for suggestions and holding a poll will also take some time. Maybe in the meantime it's clear which company prints the calendars and we can start immediately with the details. In that way we don't loose as much time because people also need time to think about their subject when they know what the theme will be.
And if someone already starts drawing it's his/hers own responsibility when it turns out that the calendar details are slightly off.

And it's just fun to think about the themes and speculate which one it turns out to be ;)
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2019, 06:47:51 AM »

Alright, so as you may know already RedBubble no longer makes calendars so it was a bit of a scramble this year to get a printed version together. But as luck would have it the wonderful Rob Beschizza (who assists each year with the printed version) was able to get some printed up for us and they are now available to buy on the EQ.com site.

http://elfquest.com/get-the-elfquest-2019-fan-art-calendar/

Snarkclaw

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2019, 07:32:04 AM »

...they are now available to buy on the EQ.com site.

http://elfquest.com/get-the-elfquest-2019-fan-art-calendar/
Yay!  Thank you for going above and beyond, creating this fun project and great product for EQ fans!  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2019, 08:37:10 AM »

My pleasure and thank you all for participating in it.  ;D

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2019, 01:00:37 PM »

I am so glad it worked out😁 I will order one very soon.
Thank you all (espacially Maggie)!

(And now we can think about the calendar for 2020😜)

Tah-Marien

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2019, 10:04:54 AM »

On it.

Yay!
OC / PC    ChangeStone  _    SweetWater Holt
http://tah-marien.deviantart.com/

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2019, 07:43:11 AM »

Well, should we now start thinking about possible topics for next year?

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »

Well, should we now start thinking about possible topics for next year?

Yes! I'm in. Which themes didn't made it for this year? Do we start a new poll?

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2019, 11:25:07 AM »

I'm late as always, but thanks for hosting again, Maggie! You do a great service to the Elfquest fandom every year, pulling all of the artists/works/other strings together is not a small task. Thank you!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 02:15:30 PM »

@Wildfire - My pleasure, I love my calendar organizer job. Thank you all for participating!

Alright, so a few of you really want to start a thread to discuss the 2020 calendar theme but I'll have to disappoint you and say we aren't doing that this year. The calendar guidelines for the 2020 calendar have already been posted and a theme is in place.

The reason; I think this will be our last calendar. Not last in the strict sense but last as in, the last one I'm going to organize in this way.

I love being in charge of the fan calendar but each year less people can commit to it, the artwork is sometimes rushed because everyone is working last minute and even the printed version is in jeopardy at this point. Next year I'm going to run things a bit differently and simply get together with those who still want to continue and we can discuss themes and do all the artwork to fill the calendar ourselves. If there's 12 of us awesome but if there's only 5 then we divide up the work and go ahead with things anyway. No voting, no running around after people, no last minute dropouts, no judging. Just those who want to and have the time to help create the calendar.

If you would like to get involved this year visit the thread and please take a moment to read things through before you jump in.  ;) http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?topic=442.msg7865#new

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2019, 12:43:18 AM »

@Maggie - What a (sudden) change but I understand it. Hopefully it will go much smoother :) Keep up the good work! :)

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2019, 12:21:47 PM »

It's been on the horizon for a few years, I think, and with good reason. As much as I love this project, interest has been waning. The EQ fandom is active enough that I'm sure there'll be other outlets/projects :) And I love the idea of continuing in a different way, it'll be exciting to see what happens.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »

Not sure how many of you (if any) have ordered a printed version of the calendar this time around. I just received mine in the mail and it looks pretty good. The only issue I have with mine is the image for November is bigger than the other ones in the calendar.

Otherwise the colour and quality isn't bad at all.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »

@Wildfire Yes, it has been waning. Which is why I want to make the calendar project a bit less of a chore (for lack of a better word). It isn't disappearing, hopefully it will just be more organic and enjoyable for those who are able to contribute.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2019, 12:42:23 AM »

Yes, sadly the interest has been waning and waning... however, in which form it might continue, I hope to stay a part of the calendar.
BTW, I received one printed version of the 2019 calendar, it does look pretty dececent, indeed!
Thanks everyone for such an enjoyable calendar!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2019, 01:18:55 AM »

Oh, I also would like to mention that the Fanart Calendar has received lots of super positive feedback on Facebook and a lot of people have bought the physical calendar!
So there's still some interest there!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »

I'm not on Facebook so I have no clue what's going on there. Nice to hear the calendar is receiving positive feedback.  ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »

It was wonderfully promoted by Elfmom and Elfpop themselves.  :love
So, there really are people out there who want to see our art and effort come to life!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2019, 10:43:24 AM »

That's wonderful. For the future if you see stuff like that can you maybe post a link so I can take a peek.  ;D

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2019, 12:08:42 AM »

The calendar is SOLD OUT???? Congratulations everyone! You did a super fine job indeed! :love :woohoo :score10
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up