Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines  (Read 26951 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »

The theme for the 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar is: BONDED

**You may use characters from the original quest to the final quest but you must do your best not to spoil things for those who have not yet read the most recent installment of the series**

Submissions for the 2019 Calendar are being accepted:
Jan 4th, 2018 through October 31st, 2018

THEME

Submitted artwork should represent the theme "Bonded"

This means you can represent any bonds that take place in the EQ saga not just lifemates/lovemates. Friendships, home/family, child/parent, animal bonds and the like are perfectly acceptable.

DETAILS

•The bond you choose to represent must be the main focus of each submission. You are free to use additional characters in your submission if you wish but it is not required.

•You will be required to PM Maggie to let her know you are participating in the calendar this year. Please do not post a message to the board, only send a PM.

Please copy and paste the following into the PM with all fields filled in:

Your Name:
EQFA User Name:
Artist Credit (Real or User only):
Email Address:
Character Choice:

•As sign-ups come in I will post which characters are being used to the thread (how they are being used and who is using them will be kept secret). Let's try and keep things as varied as possible. If a character is the main focus of someone else's submission I may ask you to choose a different character. Best to check the list before signing up.

•You will be asked to update Maggie in March, June and September with your progress. This will help to determine if we will have enough entries for the calendar. If at any time you feel you cannot continue just send a message, there won’t be any hard feelings.

•Please keep in mind that you have approx. 10 months to get your submission ready, which should be more than enough time. If there is no response to the requests for progress I will have to assume you are no longer participating and I will have no choice but to find a replacement artist. Communication is key, so please keep in touch.

•You may submit up to three entries for the calendar but before you contemplate that second or third entry you must first finish and submit one entry to Maggie.

GROUPS

•You may work in groups of two if that makes things easier for you. Please let me know who you will be working with when you sign up.

•How you work in your group is totally up to you. One of you may supply a sketch for the other to ink and colour or you may work together to complete the scene. It doesn’t matter so long as you both agree.

CONTENT

•Entries must be original artwork created specifically for the calendar. The use of photos or "borrowed" art for backgrounds is not allowed.

•Entries must not be available for the general public to view online until the okay is given for general sharing. Before then, any entries found online in any form (thumbnails, crops, etc.) will be disqualified and removed.

•Canon Elfquest characters (of any race) only. No what-if characters (i.e., Worldpool).

•PG-13 or under.

FORMAT

**Please make sure your submissions are the correct size. Any submissions that are not 3300x2550 pixels or 11 x 8.5 inches at 300dpi will not be accepted**

•All entries should be in full color, with some type of a background.

•Size: 11"x 8.5" (pictures must be landscape oriented - wider than they are tall)

•Resolution: 3300 x 2550 pixels (11" x 8.5" at 300dpi)

•File format: JPEG/PNG format only

HOW TO SUBMIT

•When you are ready please email your full-sized entry to Maggie. Please PM Maggie when you have an entry ready to be submitted.

•Entries must be received by midnight CST, October 31, 2017.

Include the following:

•Your submission as an attachment not embedded into an email.

•Title of your submission. Titles will be included on the calendar.

CREDIT

•The artist credit will be used for credits on the calendar/website.

PUBLISHING

•The twelve winners will be chosen by a panel of judges (if more than 12 entries are submitted).

•The finished calendar will be available for download at elfquestfanart.com. In addition, the calendar will be published at the Elfquest Redbubble shop.

QUESTIONS

•Any questions about the calendar may be asked and answered on this thread or PM Maggie.

•Don't know what this is all about, check out the current and past Fan Art Calendars here: http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=fanartcalendar

CHARACTERS

The characters below are spoken for. Please consider one that isn't already listed. Thank you!

•Nonna
•Adar
•Kimo
•Shuna
•Infant Skywise
•Adult Skywise
•Savah
•Ahdri
•Young Tyleet
•Young Venka
•Dewshine
•Eyeshigh
•Young Rayek
•Young Leetah
•Ember
•Choplicker
•Treestump
•Cutter
•Pike
•Stubtail
•Sust
•Pool
•Foxfur
•Bearclaw
•Aroree
•Littletrill
•Mender
•Dart
•Teir
•Adult Strongbow
•Lashpaw
•Kahvi
•Haze
•Farbright

PARTICIPANTS

•Maggie
•Cloudchaser
•Hyakurin
•dreamweaver - FINISHED
•Czarine - FINISHED
•Yavia - FINISHED
•Wildfire
•AceQuester - FINISHED
•Treefox - FINISHED
•ShujiE - FINISHED
•Rosalie
•Startear - FINISHED
•Snarkclaw - FINISHED
•EyesHigh76
•Tah-Marien - FINISHED
•jaRf - FINISHED
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:57:15 PM by Maggie »

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 EQ Fan Art Calendar Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:26:29 AM »

In case you missed it up top...

The characters below are spoken for. Please consider one that isn't already listed. Thank you!

•Nonna
•Adar
•Kimo
•Shuna
•Infant Skywise
•Adult Skywise
•Savah
•Ahdri
•Young Tyleet
•Young Venka
•Dewshine
•Eyeshigh
•Young Rayek
•Young Leetah
•Ember
•Choplicker
•Treestump
•Cutter
•Pike
•Stubtail
•Sust
•Pool
•Foxfur
•Bearclaw
•Aroree
•Littletrill
•Mender
•Dart
•Teir
•Adult Strongbow
•Lashpaw
•Kahvi
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:23:34 AM by Maggie »

Rosalie

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:05:26 AM »

I see that A LOT of characters are already spoken for. Is it perhaps not a better idea to allow only for one type of bonded pair to be excluded?
For example, if someone would like to draw the bond of Cutters family, that would mean that no one is allowed to use Cutter, Leetah, Ember, Suntop or Skywise anymore.   So, someone who would like to draw the bond between Skywise and Timmain would not be able to use Skywise. Or someone who would like to show the bond between Leetah and Rayek could not participate either.
This excludes a lot of potential pairings.
Is it perhaps an idea to suggest your preferred pairing and if the pairing has not already been taken or if the characters in the pairing have not already been used by three others, then you can draw your suggestion?

just my two cents, but I think this might help to get more people to sign up if not all of their favourite characters are already spoken for.

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »

Maybe ask Maggie via PM, she keeps track of all the bonds. On a second thought I think it was to be kept secret who's taking an approach on which couple / combination. Thus the direct pairings might not be visible too obviously.

But stick to anything Rayek, that's always good. ;)
At the moment there is only "young Rayek + young Leetah" mentioned (they also appeared in the same update, so you can guess something from that) - but that might not rule out this pair in general.

(edit2: maybe you haven't been here for a while, just in that case and in case it doesn't work for you either: email notifications about updates are broken)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:29:16 PM by jaRf »

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »

@Rosalie - Yes there are quite a few chosen characters, sign-ups began at the start of the new year. :)

I would love to let you all just do whatever you want but I have to have some control over the content without giving away exactly what people are doing, while maintaining a bit of variety. I mean there's already mostly Wolfriders, which isn't especially exciting. Now imagine a calendar with just Leetah in various bonds or Cutters bond with Skywise and then Skywise and his bond with..., it would just be so predictable. Plus the more times a character is used the less likely you'll get into the printed version of the calendar. If there are two entries with the same character when it comes to voting only one will get in, simply based on the fact of trying to keep the calendar as varied as possible.

Maybe try and think outside the box, the bond of Cutters family has been done with great success by Wendy, we don't need to see it again. Same with Leetah and Rayek. A calendar that is full of re-do's of things the original creator has shown us is kind of silly. Grab someone new and try to get out of your comfort zone. ;)

Also we have enough entries for a calendar already, doesn't mean you can't sign up, I hope you do but I'm not super worried about getting more people to sign up this year.

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 06:46:18 PM »

Just checking in to update you. I hope to start my entry this week!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »

Whoa, late with my update, but here goes!

I have been gathering some references and thought about the composition. I found some pretty neat lighting references already! I know I can't start drawing before June (unless there's a sudden change in my schedule), so I'll just keep on planning.

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »

I hade a real hard time sketching mine out nothing seemed to look right. But I think I have it ready to be inked and painted!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »

Things have been keeping me from the site, so sorry. Just wanted to visit and ask how the calendar participants are doing on their submissions. Feel free to post here or send me a PM with an update.

Also if anyone still wants to join in please let me know.  ;D

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 01:55:20 AM »

I have a general idea of what to draw, but the composition isn't fixed yet.

I want to focus more on color and lighting in this year's entry, so I have been searching "with cats and dogs" to find the right color palette. I've gathered a bunch of photos with a similar palette, and I think I've finally found the colors I want to work with! The colors for the time of day I want to depict were really hard to search for.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 09:59:36 AM »

I've been super busy with moving, adorable new kittens, and other RL stuff, so I've barely had time to draw in the past few months!
But I'm still in, I have a rough sketch and an idea for the colourpalette. I hope to get most of it done during August :)

Snarkclaw

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »

Things have been keeping me from the site, so sorry. Just wanted to visit and ask how the calendar participants are doing on their submissions. Feel free to post here or send me a PM with an update.

I have not been on this site nearly as much as I intended when I joined!  My own comics have kept me busy this year.

BUT!  I sketched a few different possible poses and am now working on the one I plan to use.  Character1 is nearly penciled, in fact.  Character2 is still just a rough doodle, but that should change this evening.  :-)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 04:59:59 PM by Snarkclaw »

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »

I should be done soon!

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »

I am so sorry, I had a bad year, lost of bad news, but I am working on my entry fiercely!

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 06:44:08 AM »

Yep, this year is crazy and I miss this place so much... However, I plan to submit my entry on time!

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 02:59:07 PM »

I will submit my entry but it will take a while so far. It will be there on time, I'm sure of it 8)
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 05:12:24 AM »

Still in the sketching phase, but the main subject is done, so there's only background stuff left to figure out. I think I can proceed to line art phase soon.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 09:43:36 AM »

Glad to hear that a lot of you will be on time with your entries. I've already received one and I'm very excited to see the rest.  ;D

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »

I'm currently in the inking stage of my illustration, I hope to finish in the first few weeks. At the rate and fun I'm having I'll maybe do one more.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 05:19:35 AM »

Line art done! x_x It was harder than I thought, and there are still some parts that I'm not sure what to do with. Oh well! I hope the coloring phase clears those problems out somehow (wishful thinking). ;D

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • Made by Meristide on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 09:35:14 PM »

Got my picture done. It says to let Maggie know to expect it. I guess I’m gonna send it cause I did not get a response to the pm I sent. I’m sure she’s busy, just a wanna make sure it is not lost in the shuffle.
Shade and Sweet Water

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 02:34:41 AM »

I've finished my entry as well. It was hard for me, because I went with a more cel-shaded look, which I don't normally do. Also, the restricted color palette was challenging. I'm glad I started early, so I didn't have to rush in the end.

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 07:10:04 AM »

I'm doing 3D (at least partially) so I'm super not done. I'll get it done one way or the other though! :D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »

Got my picture done. It says to let Maggie know to expect it. I guess I’m gonna send it cause I did not get a response to the pm I sent. I’m sure she’s busy, just a wanna make sure it is not lost in the shuffle.

I replied to your PM on the 22nd. ;)

dreamweaver

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
    • Made by Meristide on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »

I replied to your PM on the 22nd. ;)

I did send the picture, of it is too small or it does not meet the criteria, let me know and I will do my best to fix it.
Shade and Sweet Water
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up