Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ fanart RPG!  (Read 60869 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: EQ fanart RPG!
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »

Mehadrin was momentarily startled by Tidemist's flood of information and questions...

"Guyaro truly was here? Oh, I so hope to find my... Less attractive brother!..."

He nervously sits down and plays with his hair...

"ummm... Well... I sort of... Freed the golden elf... He promised this cloth to me for his freedom... Is it really such a bad thing he is free? He was old, wrinkly and weak after all! What could he do to harm us? Nothing! I am sure!..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2018, 02:21:18 PM »

Grateful to be released from Mehadrin, Moondrop heads up to a low branch outside a den in the tree, grabbing a portion of the un-cooked bird on her way.

The new areas opening up are making her feel increasingly vulnerable. She settles in, listening to the conversation while keeping watch over the grasslands and the new swamp. What else, and who else, is out there?

She wraps the familiarity of her cloak around her and pulls the hood up.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »

Laluna stared at Mehadrin dumbfounded. Has he really freed a possibly dangerous elf for a few pieces of weird clothing? She didn't know what to think of that. She just hoped that there had been a misunderstanding, that the old elf wasn't as dangerous as Mehadrin's brother had warned.

Laluna turned her head toward the mist that revealed a bog. She was pleasantly surprised, since it was a great place to search for healing plants. She would just have to wait to get in better health first. She scratched the wolf cub's head, thinking that babysitting him would be a chore with so many new areas...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:35:29 AM by Czarine »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2018, 05:02:48 AM »

Moondrop suddenly feels a touch against her side and notices Rustle curling against her side, she seems happy to be with her baby again... her hair once again engulfs Moondrop in a a coppery warm cover... Mehadrin is too busy noticing Moondrop is missing when he feels he is showered with attention, he looks both Laluna's hair and Marut's face in un-trustful manner, he is not sure what they are but does not think they are elves...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2018, 05:08:07 AM »

(Group activity time! last one for a while, so your elves can find things in the already opened areas!)

Mehadrin suddenly motions towards the grasslands...

"Oh, the old golden skinned elf traveled that way! we might be able to meet up with him if we follow him!..."

You must roll over 15 to find his tracks! 
Success! you unlocked a new area!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:14:38 AM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »

(Group roll: 5! Yay!)

Laluna glanced at the grasslands, thinking that it's not good that the supposedly dangerous elf is nearby their holt.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, since we know so little of him. I wonder if Guyaro would tell us more about that elf? Though, I don't know how we can contact this Guyaro..." she said, and picked up the cub.

Laluna wanted to find a den, so she could rest. Her eye was still black and swollen, though it didn't hurt as much as earlier. She nodded to the others, and went to look for a place to sleep for a while.

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »

Tidemist chewed on her bottom lip uncertainly as she took up Tomi's knife and carefully began slicing off pieces of the roasted eagle. She took a momentary glance and saw some leaves that were a little bigger than the hand and decided these would make good momentary plates. She held out her hand and the leaves snapped off their branches and floated to her, one for each of them, and began putting slices of the bird on them. Perhaps if they could be cupped, they could also serve as bowls for the stew. She floated the leaves laden with roast eagle to the others. “I don't know. Your brother was very adamant about the golden skinned High One not being freed. But then he said other things I'm not very sure of...”

Still the idea of following tempted somewhat. Maybe they could get more information. Maybe the golden skinned one had to be captured. There were too many questions, and not enough answers....

(Tidemist group roll: 5)

Vaeri frowned a bit as she listened to Mehadrin. She didn't know what to make of him. She was glad for the distraction of Tidemist dishing up the roast bird, and was grateful for the little leaf plates she gave, protecting the seamstress' somewhat delicate hands. She began carefully picking at the bits of bird and eating it, feeling a small wash of pride at the flavor. She glanced at Tomi, wondering if she should wake him so he could eat as well. Would it help replenish his strength?

(Vaeri group roll: 5)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2018, 04:27:42 AM »

A sudden gust of wind blows away the stench of the bog... but carries an ill omen, ash rains down as it was carried by it... still warm ans with it the smell of smoke... and burned flesh... the wind came from the direction where Mehadrin had just pointed. he shakily lowers his hand, suddenly fearing of what he might have set loose... with the ash and the smoke there is a smell almost hidden in it... humans... the mists have move again blown by the winds... in the grasslands seems to be a blackened place... remains of a settlement...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »

The smell hitting her nose is confirmation of her worst suspicions. No time to rest now. Better to check out this new revelation while she still has the advantage of darkness.

Moondrop goes as far as she can branch to branch, then drops silently down to go have a better look.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2018, 01:13:26 PM »

Moondrop's feet sink into ash that has gathered over the branches near her destination... Everything is burned to the ground and smoke makes it hard to breathe and see... Human remains lay here and there, charred to bare blackened bone. Few clay pots have survived somewhat intact... Everything is silent in the village and the woods... Only one set of elven footprints leave the site through the hot ashes...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2018, 02:04:27 PM »

She holds her cloak to her nose against the smoke and stench. Instincts calls her to rummage around the remains for usable goods, but the ashes are still too hot. She glances back the way she has come. Maybe it would be better to go back for the others?

She thinks of the silly, barely-dressed new elf and the time it would take to get them all moving. If there's one thing Moondrop knows, it's how to move quickly and silently.

She will follow the footsteps just a little longer...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »

Moondrop silently follows the footprints, the ashes in their blazing heat have not affected the one who walked in them... As theburned ground stop the ashes that came with the elf still make his path visible in the tall grass... Unnerving silence surrounds Moondrop as she finally sees it... Tall man, too thin and elegant to be human stands there in a blue robe with golden details, His hair grey and silver and his skin shiny and reflecting, like polished gold... Slowly he turns, as if sensing he is being watched...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2018, 04:20:18 PM »

Moondrop freezes, cursing herself for her over-confidence. How many times had she hidden, unseen by the humans as she lay at their feet or passed right by her. But this was not a human...

She fought the impulse to flee to better cover, instead stilling her breathing to the shallowest she could manage, willing her heart to slow as well.

You don't see me, she thought silently at the figure, hoping it would be true.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »

The eyes of the golden skinned man slowly move, trying to find anything moving, breathing in the darkness... Marks of age can be seen on his face, they seem to give him a look that demands respect as his constant, straight and tall posture gives him authority... Then he turns away and continues his walk away from the village...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »

Moondrop continues to hold still until the other elf is barely out of sight, then crouches down to rest. She will continue to follow the footprints, but careful now to keep her distance.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2018, 01:21:05 AM »

Moondrop follows the old elf, but senses danger the whole time. He moves slowly, only stopping for a moment to pick up a branch to use it as a cane, since his other leg seems to be lame or injured... he is not used to walking in forest and at times struggles with obstacles like dense vegetation... His troubles almost make Moondrop feel sorry for him, who knows how old and frail he is?... Moondrop discovers a piece of his sleeve on small branches... the fabric softest she has ever felt...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2018, 08:01:11 AM »

(Going to try adding a second character. We'll see if I can manage it!)

Dusk wasn't sure what had happened. One moment he was tearing after a deer in the forest around his holt, following it into the mist, then the next he was knee-deep in some kind of bog. He had been slogging through for a while and was relieved to see light from a fire not too far away.  Maybe it would be humans, maybe something else, but at least it might be drier ground he thought hopefully as he stopped to once again fight against the muck trying to pull his boot off.

He moved toward the light, the ground feeling firmer with each step. He crept quietly toward the fire and was glad to see that it was a group of elves, gathered together and sharing food. That was a good sign, but it didn't pay to be careless. He would watch for a while before making himself known and asking for some directions out of this place.

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2018, 08:38:17 AM »

Tidemist finished dishing up the food, and began eating her portion of eagle. She glanced in the direction Mehadrin had pointed. This elf could be a threat to the tribe, such as it was. She took a slow breath and nodded mentally to herself. “I think after we eat, me and anyone who else wants to go should try tracking down this elf. I don't think we can let him run around loose...” She screwed her face up a bit as she scented...burnt. It smelled a bit like when a distant volcano would erupt by her cove. “Will anyone volunteer?” She looked around the fire, taking a bite and chewing quietly as she waited for any response.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »

" I will..."

Marut rises his hand like the one over eager student in a classroom, keeping his portion of the meat next to him on the log he is sitting on...  then he points at Tomi...

"He would come too... but He currently can't..."

Dusk sees the elves having a serious conversation, and one of them is passed out...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »

Dusk walks slowly into the light of the fire, holding up both hands to show that he is unarmed.

"Hello?"

He looks from face to face trying to determine who the leader is, then gives it up and directs his questions to the group in general.

"I..uh...seem to have gotten lost in the bog over there. I would like to try to get back to my home. Would someone be able to tell me where I am?"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:56:00 AM by Jeb »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »

Elf with unusually big nose looks at him surprised but smiles...

"Hi! Ummm... Welcome? I am afraid we cannot tell you how to leave this place... Because we are stuck here as well... Come! Sit by the fire and warm up!..."

He pats the treetrunk beside him...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »

For a minute Dusk says nothing, staring transfixed at the other elf's nose, but then realizes what he's doing and pulls his eyes away.

"Stuck here?" He asks, alarmed. "What do you mean? Can't you just walk away? To someplace else?"

He looks around. "I mean, you have to be able to go somewhere. Can't you just pick a direction, and start walking?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »

Marut shakes his head...

"Im sad to inform you that we have not been able to leave, the mist is magical and prevents us... We somehow get turned around in it even when we are sure we are travelling a straight line... You can try if you want to..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2018, 06:45:10 PM »

Dusk shakes his head, unbelieving. "I think I will!"

He stalks away from the fire heading for where the mist is nearest. He slows momentarily as he approaches the whirling whiteness, but then plunges in.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2018, 04:21:40 AM »

the white engulf dusk, it is so thick that he cannot even see his own feet. A strange haunting feeling seems to surround him making the hair of his skin stand up... Dusk carries on never turning from his path, but soon finds himself at the camp again! from the same spot from where he went into the mists!... the big nosed elf says...

"See... I told you... We are trying to figure out where this mist is coming from and understand this strange barrier that is keeping us here..."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up