Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ fanart RPG!  (Read 60905 times)

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
Re: EQ fanart RPG!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »

“Yes! I noticed the taste of saltwater mixing with the freshwater down deeper. I didn't want to take too long, but I'll see if I can find the source later on. I'd be glad to deal with things I know. There's a snapjaw down there! It's like a snake, but with bigger jaws...like a wolf snout, and it's full of sharp teeth. I would have tried hunting it, but those are dangerous to take on by yourself. And I found these!” She showed off the scales, looking rather pleased.

Then she heard about the cave by the waterfall and looked intrigued from Marut, to Laluna, to the waterfall, then back again. “You're a healer?” She asked curiously, wondering if maybe she should have tried going after the snapjaw.

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2017, 01:45:27 AM »

"So you're the new elf Marut was talking about!" Laluna smiled at Tidemist. She was surprised to see such a big catch of fish.

"I see you are good at hunting fish! Maybe you could teach me too? I like to dive and swim, but I've never been a good hunter." she smiled a bit embarrassed. "Though if there's a snapjaw, it might be too dangerous for me. I wonder if we should do something about it?"

Then she saw the scales. "Wow! I didn't know there was something that pretty in the stream! I wonder what kind of fish they belong to." she smiled at Tidemist.

"I am a healer of sorts, yes! But I'm still learning. Speaking of healing, the cave up over there has some healing algae. I think you might like the place, it's just behind the waterfall!" Laluna said to Tidemist, and pointed up where the cave was.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:12:40 PM by Czarine »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2017, 01:54:17 AM »

"Tomi might also be of use when dealing with the snapjaw... he may be tiny... but I've never seen anyone so good at... ummh... killing things..."

Marut says and looks at them, then he turns his attention back to the net, as if not to talk about Tomi and killing any more.

"Aren't those scales mighty big? I'm a bit worried about your safety if there is something that big in the waters... maybe... just maybe before we do anything else we should do something safer?..."

It's clear he truly is worried about their safety, as his happy personality slips to more serious one...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2017, 08:01:33 AM »

Laluna noticed the change in Marut's tone.

"Well, I'm not in a hurry to get into a snapjaw's territory! We could first just observe what kind of fish there are before we go explore these waters further." Laluna said.

Besides, their tribe was so small that any serious injuries would severely impact their survival. Laluna thought that she too should try to learn to hunt better, and teach basic healing to others as well.

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2017, 08:08:46 AM »

Tidemist returned Laluna's friendly manner with her own. “Yes. And I certainly wouldn't mind teaching you. Though you have to be able to hold your breath a long time to do any decent hunting...” She looked momentarily concerned and even regretful. With her tribe, they had a healer High One and she could have given Laluna gills of her own for a while. Then she shook it off.

“Snapjaw's aren't too dangerous as long as you don't invade their territory or try to attack them. They do get touchy during mating season though.” Then she perked up when Laluna mentioned a cave behind the waterfall. And no snapjaw to fight against for it! Then she graciously held out one of the scales to Laluna, offering it to her, in part because she expressed how much she liked the look of them, and partly in gratitude for telling her about the cave, and the implied invitation for Tidemist to stay there.

Then her attention was attracted by Marut's words and manners. “Well...I don't think anyone could help me. It's difficult for air breather's to fight underwater. I wouldn't want one of you drowning during a fight. And this fish was alright! Skittish.” She nodded wisely. “Disappeared before I could even get a good look at it.”

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »

Moondrop was familiar with fire, she had often seen it bloom in the high grass during the skyfire storms before the white cold, and knew that there were some who could tame it to provide warmth and light when needed, but why would anyone use it to burn a perfectly good fish?

The wonderful sounds in the air calmed her, and curiosity made her leave her perch to approach the figure near the flames.

"What are you doing?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »

Marut looks both Tidemist and Laluna and is clearly relieved as they decide not to tackle with the snapjaw right now.

"believe me, Tomi has his ways of taking out things that are on land, water or air... You'd do well not to underestimate him..."

Marut hangs the net on a brach to see better if some holes are too big. Then looks at them...

"it should dry for a moment to make the knots tighter and sturdier... After that we should test it to see if it works... And what are you both planning to do with tgose scales?..."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »

Tomi is almost nodding off when Moondrop's sudden question shakes him awake he immediately turns around and looks at her for a while, he is short for an elf, smile rises to his face...

"well hello there love! Who might this sweet thing be?... Ye can call me Tomi... And this here be our dinner I'm preparing... Ye hungry?.."

The elf speaks quite funny and he has two distint scents on him, other is the smell of humans and the other is blood.. Still he doesn't look hostile towards her... His ears are small, as if they have been shortened with a blade...

"how long have ye been around? Quite sneaky little critter aren't ye?..."

Tomi directs friendly but tired smile at her...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2017, 07:34:18 PM »

Tidemist looked thoughtful for a moment before she nodded. “Then I'll ask him, perhaps later tonight.” She saw the net hanging up and leaned a little closer, admiring it. It was fine work and she fingered one of the weaves gently as she answered his question. “I'm going to keep mine. It's quite pretty.” Then she turned, setting the fish and her spear down on the ground. “I'm going to explore that cave you were talking about. It sounds like it may make a perfect den for me.”

And with that statement, she lifted up off the ground and glided through the air, going to the waterfall and looking for the entrance to the cave Laluna had mentioned.

As Tomi was greeting Moondrop, another elf woman came through the mist, looking very uncertain and even a little bit nervous. Her gold jewelry was tinkling constantly, from her earrings to her golden hip wrap, the silky sheer fabric swirling around her. She cursed delicately as part of it caught on a branch and she carefully got it free. She looked up at the large tree with some awe and skepticism, then saw the other two elves, looking more uncertain.

After all, they were so pale and strange looking! And this seemed to be the legendary Green Growing Place she'd heard stories of for centuries. Was she dreaming? Yet everything felt so real, from the fabric brushing over her arms to the uncomfortable weight of the little traveling bag she carried on her shoulder. Vaeri shook her auburn curls a little and frowned softly as she spoke. “Where am I? What is this place?”

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2017, 10:30:12 PM »

Marut's eyes pulge from surprise as Tidemist floats away, she keeps on surprisig him. Not only a water elf but she even flies! Another thing he has never seen before! Tidemist floats throught the moist air and feels the water from the waterfall splashing her skin gently as she enters the cave, it truly is a wonderful looking cave! It has nice amount of room but not too much to make it feel empty and un inviting. The water humms softly as it falls near the entrance, there is even some algae on the walls that is glistening in the light it must be the healing algae Laluna had mentioned...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2017, 11:07:19 PM »

Tomi's attention drifts from Moondrop to the noises of jewelry and he look serious for a moment, his expression melts in to a pleased surprise when he sees what is causing it...

"well aren't ye a sight for sore eyes, a well bred lady if I have ever seen one..."

Tomi momentarily looks at the fish and puts it on some leaves to cool, then looks at Vaeri...

"they call me Tomi, and this place has no name yet... We be as lost here as ye are..."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:35:25 AM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »

It's Monday! new group activity time!

A sweet but frail scent of dreamberries floats in the air, but where is is coming from? it might be possible to find a nice patch of the juicy berries...

the group must roll 7 overall to unlock a new area! (My roll for your challenge was quite unsuccessful this time!)
Your group rolled 9! You successfully opened a new area!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:56:19 PM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2017, 04:44:40 AM »

Absorbed in examining the cooking fish, Moondrop was startled by Vaeri's voice. She rolled from the fire to come up in a crouch, knife drawn. Seeing Tomi's calm reaction, she straightened and stood staring between her two companions for a minute, struck by the differences in thier appearance.

Noting the browned flesh of the fish on the leaves and drawing a parallel, she turned to Vaeri in curiosity.

"How did you get so brown? Were you in a fire, too?"

She squinted at Tomi. "And your ears? Did you cut them? Were you in a fight?"

Dice roll - 6
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:03:44 AM by Jeb »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2017, 06:19:01 AM »

Tomi smiles widely, trying to hide his laughing fit, then pretends to cough on his hand for a moment to calm himself down, he says...

"Aye, lass... the fire that roasted her so dark must've come from herself, as she is warm and welcoming as ta sun on the skies..."

Then Tomi touches his ears, as if he had forgotten how they look...

"Nay, I did no such thing. Mi ears were cut off by human folk that held me captive for many, many turns of moons... I be child during that time, plaything to the tall folk..."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:55:24 AM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »

Laluna looked pleasantly surprised to get such a precious gift from Tidemist.

"Oh? Thank you so much!" she smiled, and received the pretty looking scale, examining it closely.

Suddenly, Tidemist just floated away! Laluna could but watch after her, mouth open in awe. She too had never seen a flying elf before! She looked back at Marut as if to ask him, did that just really happen...?

(dice roll: 3)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2017, 02:06:14 PM »

Marut scratches his head and cannot find words to describe the situation as he watches Laluna... finally he just stares at the grass near his feet...

"that was... that sure was... something!... a-anyway... I bet Tomi's cooking is soon ready... I probably should go check on it... just in case!..."

Marut walks away puzzled about everything... suddenly the mist curtains move at certain direction, and they see a dreamberry patch between the waterfall and the tree! Laluna recognizes the place to be the very same place where he made the mistake of sampling some berries...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »

"Humans..." Moondrop mused. She remembered that she had occasionally come across the creatures during her travels. They lived in large groups, mostly, and often times she had found tasty and useful things in their dens. She had also seen them sometimes cruelly harm each other for what merely seemed decoration, and seem quite proud about it.

"And did they teach you to tame the fire?"

Moondrop had always eaten her fish raw. The smell from the fish on the leaves was strange now, not entirely appetizing, but not quite disgusting.

While trying to make up her mind, she caught another faint scent. Sweet and pleasant, it tickled a memory.

She was beginning to realize it had been a while since she'd eaten.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »

"That they did! learned some of their skills and their language... did that before I learned elven stuff... I was used as a hunter for mi speed... then one day I found out my captors bled the same way the prey did... and now I'm here..."

Tomi takes a part of the fish, warm steam rises from it's flesh...

"Here, eat yer fill..."

He offers it to Moondrop, curious to see what she will think of it...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2017, 05:45:17 PM »

Tidemist turned around slightly, looking at every nook and cranny of the cave. It did seem quite nice, dry and comfortable in the back, a pleasant temperature. She nodded a bit in approval. Oh yes, this would make an excellent den. Just a few decorations to make it homey, perhaps some kind of wooden frame for a bed...She sighed mildly at the fact there was no rockshaper who could make a nice little stone platform with groove in it for her to make a proper bed. But ah well!

She would bring her things back. She walked back to the waterfall and glided through it, and towards the ground below. But from the air, she noticed Marut among bushes, and she glided towards him, soon recognizing the familiar berries. “Dreamberries!” She exclaimed in delight.

Vaeri looked at the pale female almost distastefully as she brandished a shiny silver blade. She moved away to the side a bit, and relaxed a little at Tomi's manner. He was a bit obvious, but at least he seemed to have some sophistication. She wrinkled her nose slightly at the woman's question, asking if she had been burned. Then she listened to their conversation. “Humans? Those are just legends, surely.” She dismissed, yet Tomi seemed quite adamant they existed and she frowned. She was surprised to see the size of the fish though!

She had never eaten fish, and she wasn't sure she'd really want to. At least she wasn't the only one who didn't know where they were or what was going on. She just stood there quietly for a moment, watching Tomi and the woman.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2017, 06:13:45 PM »

Moondrop took the piece that Tomi offered, but quickly dropped most of it, surprised at the heat of it and how easily it broke into smaller pieces. Like the trees, she thought, picturing how fire-blackened trees would crumble under her touch. Odd to think that fire would do the same to flesh, and that someone would want to eat it.

She rolled the small remaining piece around her mouth, considering. It still tasted like fish, but a bit smoky and more pungent.

"It will do." She decided. "But I think I will find my next meal on my own. Something a little more...fresh."

Taking another piece with a little more care, she regarded the tall dark female again. "Will you eat?"

Still curious, she added "I've never seen anyone like you before. Where do you come from? Are there many like you there?"

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »

Vaeri watched the woman eating, nearly scoffing softly in exasperation as she burned her fingers on the fish. What did she expect from freshly cooked food? Then she was mildly surprised to be offered some of it. She glanced from the remainder of the fish, then the woman and Tomi. After a moment, she slowly nodded. She was a little hungry. She slowly moved over and sat down, jewelry tinkling away.

She relaxed a bit at the more sensible questions. “I live in a desert. And yes, there are many of us. We are the Sun Folk. I suppose there's about...oh six eights of us in the village.” She glanced around a bit then frowned a little. “Have you no pottery to eat off of?”

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2017, 08:16:45 PM »

Moondrop nearly choked on her bite of fish. "Six eights!" She stared down at her hands. She couldn't imagine six eights of anything, let alone elves like her. Moondrop had been alone for almost as long as she could remember. The thought of feeding and clothing and moving that many seemed absurd. She looked at the other elf intently for any trace that she might be trying to fool Moondrop, but her dark face was serene, so Moondrop didn't think so.

"Desert? What's that?"

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2017, 08:32:40 PM »

Vaeri was looking for some kind of plate or anything to protect her hands from the heat of the fish, with little success so far. She sighed to herself a bit, unable to believe that elves could live this primitively! Probably didn't even wash their hands before they ate. How was she going to live with these elves?

“Hm? Oh, a desert is a vast expanse of sand and rock with rare water. It's very hot during the day. Our skin became brown over time to protect us from the Daystar's rays. I live in Sorrow's End, a village founded by our forebearers. One of them was a rockshaper, Yurek. Our well and source of water, and our Bridge of Destiny are his legacy left to his grandchildren.”

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »

Marut pick some of the berries a bit confused, as they just appeared from the mist, he also wonders why the mist suddenly revealed the place like it did. he looks at Tidemist, jumping a little as he is still not used to seeing floating elves...

"u-uh! HI! again! ummmh... we found berries... let's just be careful not to eat too many... better not have anyone fooling around in this place..."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2017, 02:03:56 AM »

Tomi looks surprised as Moondrop drops the fish, then smiles...

"Oh sorry! I should we warned ye! did ye burn yer self? hope not..."

Then Tomi is surprised that she found the fish odd tasting but smiles...

"I bet Ye and Marut will get along, he too sometimes eats uncooked things... he be a great hunter..."

Tomi looks at Vaeri, who seems to him like damsel in distress...

"Oh, humans are a real thing, I assure ye... things to be vary of... they be bad company to sweet little things like yer self... and I am sorry mi dark queen that we have no plates or anything like that right now... I will carve ye some soon, I promise..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up