Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ fanart RPG!  (Read 60861 times)

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
Re: EQ fanart RPG!
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2017, 07:07:53 AM »

Tidemist was a little bothered by what Marut had said. “....I am sorry that happened....But I don't want to see anyone hurt. I just want to know what's going on here.” Though she had to smile a bit when Marut straightened up her hat. She was debating over whether or not to ask Marut to track Guyaro. Would it help? Or would it simply drive the elf further away and make it harder to talk to him?

Marut's words distracted her from her thoughts and turned to look at Tomi. “You're his friend. You probably know when to tell him to stop. He does look pretty dirty though.”

(Tidemist's activity roll: 6)

Vaeri looked up in concern when Marut spoke about Tomi and looked over at him. When had he gotten so caked in mud? He was most definitely going to require a bath. She began to rise up to speak to him, then hesitated. Yes she was becoming quite fond of him, but judging from the words, Marut surely had known Tomi longer than her. She mused a moment, watching Tomi before she settled back down calmly. After all, it wasn't like they were recognized. There was no need for urgency. She would only say something if it seemed Tomi was getting stubborn.

She only caught a glimpse of the red haired feral woman as she was picking up a jar of spices and sniffing it, then dropping it to run off quickly. She curiously reached over to see which of the spices the other girl had sniffed.

(Vaeri's activity roll: 4)

(also merry Christmas to everyone! Hope they had a good holiday.)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2017, 11:32:56 AM »

Marut looks at Tomi's building obsession, let's him finish what he is doing, like he knows he would not listen to reason before that... TIdemist and Vaeri feel the odd alluring scent stronger as the scent of dry grass, then the mists part and reveal a big grass field beyond the birch forest! they are able to see it as the great tree stands on a tall hill...

Marut sniffs the air...

"what is that? some... some kind of perfume?..."

Vaeri notices that the jar the feral woman took a great sniff from is the chili powder jar...

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2017, 09:48:48 PM »

Tidemist had turned her attention from Tomi, but found something nagging for her attention. She sniffed a bit and looked around, then found to her surprise the mist was clearing further. There was a huge grassy field! What possible new wonders might this reveal? But for now there was food and other concerns. Plus exploring a new place during the night was never a good idea. She turned and began to help Vaeri finishing with seasoning the half of the eagle and preparing a spit from some thick sticks to roast it on.

Vaeri couldn't help but chuckle at the jar. Oh this was spicy indeed, and getting a nose full of this would hurt! In fact just a few pinches would do to make something spicy. She gently sealed the jar and put it away. No need to make the bird spicy after all. It had been sprinkled over with salt, marjoram, thyme, rosemary and garlic. She rubbed the spices into the skin and crevasses. She had rather wanted to use the new oven, but mildly deferred to Tidemist. Together, they were able to get the bird spitted and Tidemist began rotating the bird over the flames.

Vaeri headed in the direction Tidemist had come from with water, eventually finding the stream and she carefully washed her hands of the raw meat juices and seasoning before she came back. She looked towards Tomi again with a little worry.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »

Moondrop smiled as she watched the fuzzy chicks carroom about the tree roots. She was wondering if she would need to feed them, when one stopped and focused on a small beetle crawling up a blade of grass. Lightening fast, the chick gobbled the bug up.

The hatch mates noticed and they were soon all scrabbling looking for other tasty crawlies.

Moondrop looked up at the new scent and saw that she was not the only one to smell it, or to see the new land emerge from the mists.

The openness of the new area concerned her. The human tribes she sometimes followed preferred lands like these, where they could move easily and see far. Moondrop could easily evade the humans on her own, but a large group like this was becoming?

She watched Tomi for a minute as he struggled with his building and the others tend to their fire. Fixing things to the ground like the humans did. In Moondrop's experience that never ended well. Humans didn't always like other groups, especially when they wanted to claim the same ground. She didn’t think they be any kinder to elves, if Tomi was any example.

She didn’t smell humans yet, but it would be better to check out now, while the others prepared to eat.

Moondrop picked up her cloak and headed toward the edge of the birch forest to have a better look.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2017, 01:40:32 AM »

Marut walked towards Tomi, not still stopping him, Tomi hassled and clearly was building a wall using mud and clay... Marut gently talked to him...

"Tomi... it's alright... you can stop..."

His words didn't seem to reach him, Marut talked again...

"You can stop... Tomi..."

He was still too fixated in building the wall, Marut poked him from a distance nad Tomi turned around in strange confusion and anger... Marut talked to him yet again...

"Tomi... Tomi... listen to me... you can stop, nothing bad happens if you stop... do you know me?..."

Tomi looked at him a moment and slowly regained his grasp of reality.... he looked around for a moment and talked to MArut...

"Yes... Ye are Marut... I... heh... I... sorry... I must've... lost myself there..."

Then Tomi suddenly lost his balance and Marut stopped him from falling... Tomi breathes heavily and falls asleep from exhaustion... Marut sits there with him for a moment, looking sad... then he smiles at Tidemist and Vaeri...

"We will... be right back, I'll help him clean up..."

Marut lifts him to his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and walks to the stream...

Moondrop sneaks into the clearing, the grass is tall enough to almost hide her when she is standing, it doesn't take long for her to spot a small fire by a big stone... she hears muffled crying and soon she spots a very handsome elf with red hair and small beard trying to keep the fire alive... he has dressed himself in shiny fabrics that are partly see-through, making his buttocks clearly visible... this odd elf seems to have no idea what he is doing and he clearly has no survival skills. he cries out with a high pitched voice when the flame dies down...

"NOOOOoooo!!! Someone save me from this dreadful place!... I need to be cuddled! not punished like this!..."

He falls down defeated by nature, with a dramatic flair and cries some more...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2017, 05:52:39 AM »

Moondrop couldn't believe this. In eights of years wandering she hadn't seen another elf. Here in this strange place, she couldn't throw a knife without hitting a new one.

She wondered if this red-headed elf was related to the one that had come to the fire earlier. He certainly had the same emotional instability.

Moondrop watched his theatrics for a moment. She really didn't want to deal with this silliness, but he did seem to be genuinely in distress. She thought about going back, telling the others and let them figuring out what to do with him, but who knows where he would hare off to or what fool thing he would do in the meantime...assuming it was something other than howl face-down in the grass.

One thing was certain, it would probably be good to get him quieted down somehow.

Moondrop sighed in resignation. She pulled her knife in readiness, just in case, then walked forward to where she would be visible to him, but still able to get away quickly if needed.

In the most soothing voice she could muster, she called "Hello?"

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2017, 06:24:22 AM »

The elf bounced up scared and look at her in horror for a moment, then he calmed down, his eyes are very clear shade of green... he collects himself and quickly rushes to her...

"Oh! please! please help me! I am in need of a savior! you look like a strong... very strong..."

He looked at her many times from head to toes, clearly smiling at what he sees...

"... extremely strong and beautiful girl... would you... please help me?..."

He corrects his long red hair...

"I can be yours if you do..."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:28:07 PM by Berit »

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2017, 07:19:36 AM »

Monndrop continues to hold her knife up in front of her.

"I will take you to the others. They have fire and food. Someone there may be more welcoming of your...gratitude."

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »

Vaeri watched with apprehension as Marut approached Tomi, and the exchange between them. She felt the nerves in the back of her neck prickle at his aggressive reaction. Would something bad have happened to Vaeri if she had tried to get him to stop? She shuddered a little. She watched with some surprise as Marut hefted Tomi easily, then her surprise turned to mild sadness as he carried him away to the stream to wash. She hadn't realized he was so exhausted and it gave her a small pang of guilt.

After a moment, Vaeri walked to the fire quietly and sat down near the flames, gazing pensively into the flickering lights as the scents of the roasting bird began to fill the clearing, a delicious aroma that usually would have given her a spark of pride in her cooking knowledge, in the fact she had perfectly seasoning the poultry, but she was too distracted to notice.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »

The elf played with his hair seductively as he looked at Moondrop...

"Well... alright, but do tell me if you change your mind... my... hero..."

He bites his lower lip and smiles at her... then he strokes his beard and asks...

"Ummmh, could we go right away... it it... scary in the dark..."

He hugs himself and looks at his surroundings, uneasy in the middle of the wilderness like this...

The bird roasts well at the fire and the flesh turns golden brown, the wolf cub looks in confusion at the whole thing but too scared to go closer because there is fire. it takes a while then Marut returns with Tomi, who is leaning on Marut and he is clearly tired... Marut sits him down and then looks at the bird...

"Wow! looks nice! thank you for going through the trouble!..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 29, 2017, 04:23:41 PM »

Moondrop relaxes a little now that  the other elf seems to be showing a little sense.  "I'll take you there now. Follow me."

She begins to lead him back to the others, thinking that another place he is lacking sense is in his choice of clothing. The sheer fabric doesn't seem like it'd be much good for either warmth or protection, so what was the point?

She thinks about offering her cloak, but it is far too useful to her, and she doesn't know that she would get it back. She suddenly remembers she has something else.

"Are you cold? You could wear my hat, if you like."

Why is he out here so unprepared, anyway?

"How did you end up here?"

While they walk she open sends a quick image of the two of them walking towards the fire so the others won't be surprised at the sound of them approaching.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:41:34 PM by Jeb »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #261 on: December 29, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »

Tidemist was immensely pleased as the bird cooked, turning a very delicious looking color and it smelled excellent. She saw from the corner of her eye what had happened with Tomi and Marut, but left it to them. She gave a nod of acknowledgment and a smile to Marut in response to his compliment. Then her gaze flickered upwards at the sending entered her mind. She raised her eyebrows some with surprise, and continued turning the spit for the bird. “Well, now I'm double glad we have this stew and this bird to eat. Hopefully should be plenty for everyone and our guest.”

Vaeri snapped out of her thoughts as Marut spoke, and looked towards Tomi concerned. A moments debate and she rose up, moved around the fire, and sat again beside him. She touched his arm gently, but he was deep asleep. She looked startled as Tidemist suddenly spoke, then looked puzzled at her words. “What guest? We are all here, as far as I can see, and no one new has shown up.”

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2017, 02:31:04 AM »

The red headed elf follows Moondrop hastily, afraid that she will leave him in the dark. then gladly accepted as she offered her hat...

"Oh thank you! Yes, I am cold... and alone, with no one here to hold me..."

He hugs himself a little, but starts stroking his beard when Moondrop asks where he came from...

"I learned my brother was a live and sent out to seek him! but... I... lost my way the minute I set foot on these scary woods... I'm so happy I met a hero like you...."

He looks at her and blushes a little...

Marut Also looks at Tidemist and seems to suffer from a slight headache...

"Another red headed elf! well... this sure is something...."

Marut's stomach announces it has been too long since he ate, He looks down and talks to his belly...

"Hold on a little longer, alright?..."

Vaeri has no idea what they are talking about, naked Rustle suddenly sits next to her, but looks at her jars like they were live beehives...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2017, 06:54:13 AM »

"Your brother..." Moondrop pointed to her own head. "And does he have red hair as well?"

As she asks, she directs a send of her memory of the earlier meeting with the red-headed elf to her companion.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2017, 07:48:32 AM »

the red headed elf jumped in excitement at Moondrop's question...

"Yes! yes he has! have you seen him? he is uglier than I am and he has bigger ears... he also tends to sulk a lot.."

He touches Moondrop's shoulder softly...

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »

Moondrop notices that he doesn't seem to receive the sending.

"Maybe...the other's will know better. They spoke to him."

They start to be able to see the glow of the fire through the trees.

"We are almost there now."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »

the elf hugs Moondrop's arm as they reach the camp, his heartbeat is fast and he is nervous.

"y-you are sure this is safe? they won't hurt me or anything? I am very delicate, like a flower!..."

He notices Marut's odd facial features from a far and shudders...

"I-is that a troll!?! you didn't tell me there was a troll! that thing will eat me for sure!..."

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2017, 12:04:49 PM »

Moondrop rolled her eyes and picked up her pace, hoping to dislodge him and drop him off sooner.

"He's not a troll..." She faltered. She actually didn’t know what a troll was, but guessed it didn't matter. Troll or not, he seemed friendly enough. She was sure the others would take care of the stranger.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »

They arrive at the bonfire and even though he is taller than she is, he is hiding behind her from the "evil troll" that would surely gobble him up... Rustle runs off the second they arrive and hides under a bush, her eyes shine fiercely from it's shadows, Marut looks at Moondrop and smiles...

"You arrived just in time! food is ready! and... your new friend is also welcome to join us!..."

The Red head looks at Marut suspiciously and sweats a bit before mustering the courage to look at the food, he is clearly hungry and steps to meet them, his body revealed almost completely by the fabrics he is wearing, Marut looks at his get up a bit confused, why would anyone wear something like that? the elf clearly doesn't mind showing everything he has got... and speaks with seductive voice to all of them...

"Oh hello, all of you... do admire my body all you like... I am the beautiful Mehadrin! you have been blessed to spend some time with me..."

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2018, 04:50:01 AM »

(new group activity! Gloriously late again! Thankfully new years celebrations are over)

The aroma of the roasting bird is slightly disturbed by occasional gusts of wind that bring the stench of a swamp that is somewhere near by...

You must roll over 14 to unlock the swamps!
You rolled 17! success!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:34:28 AM by Berit »

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »

“What are you talking about, another red haired elf?” Vaeri looked at Marut, a touch annoyed. What was either of them talking about? She looked around the clearing, wondering if they were seeing something she was missing, but there was no red haired elf anywhere in sight. Then suddenly there was, but it was the female from before. Vaeri couldn't help a small amused smile at her glowering at the spice jars. That chili powder was quite spicy and potent, and if one wasn't careful with it... But this maiden couldn't be the red head they were talking about surely.

Then suddenly there was another red haired elf with one of the other females. How could they have known they were coming? Vaeri was utterly baffled and shook her head before focusing on the newcomer. The fabric of his clothing is what caught her interest more, it looked a bit like moth fabric but was far more shiny. Something like that would make for very fine clothes, and the sheerness...well perhaps a bit revealing but it could help immensely with the heat in Sorrow's End.

Again, the amused smile as the male elf began preening and strutting like a brightly frilled lizard. He did have a very high opinion of himself, though perhaps it was not entirely unwarranted. “Hello Mehadrin, I am Vaeri. Where did you get the fabric for your robe?”

(Vaeri's group roll: 4)

Tidemist looked at Vaeri a bit confused. “Didn't you get the sending..?” She asked a bit concerned. But the question was lost and forgotten with the arrival of the newcomer. She blinked a bit surprised to see him, and his words, which made her eyebrows both raise up a bit. Why didn't he just go around naked if he liked to show off his body so much? She gave a mental shrug and watched as Vaeri introduced herself before she did likewise. “I'm Tidemist. Welcome to...well I guess it's our little tribe.”

(Tidemist's group roll: 6)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2018, 11:22:02 AM »

(Group roll: 3. I hope everybody had a merry Christmas! Mine was busy but fun :D )

Laluna sat by the fire and watched as the big bird roasted, playing with the cub and observing what others were up to. She was worried about Tomi, but since Marut seemed to know how to handle him, she thought best not to get involved, at least not yet. She didn't want anybody to get sick, since she herself wasn't in full health from the fall yet. Moondrop's open sending startled her, but she was curious to see this new elf.

When they arrived, she studied Mehadrin for a while without saying anything. He behaved in a weird way, but otherwise he seemed friendly.

"I'm Laluna." she said and smiled.

Laluna's attention turned briefly to Vaeri, because she seemed confused about the situation. Could it be she couldn't receive sending? Laluna couldn't send either, but she did get it when others did.

Jeb

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »

(Group roll = 4)

Moondrop noticed the motion of Rustle leaving out of the corner of her eye and thought the other elf clearly had the right idea. She herself would like nothing more than to have a snack and quick nap before heading out to continue her patrol of the new area.

But she did want to hear what this strange elf had to say before the daylight came, so things needed to move along.

"Mehadrin is looking for his brother. I thought it might be the elf that was here earlier?"

"Maybe we could help him on his way?" She added hopefully.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2018, 06:51:36 AM »

Mehadrin stands there posing, taking in all that he counts as admiring, Vaeri's question about his clothing momentarily made him stop, he smiles seductively...

"You like it? I do think this is all a man like me could wear, I would not want to cloth my beauty in any rags you know... and I gained this from a tall old elf with golden skin... but he was rude and cranky..."

Mehadrin looks at Marut, posing again...

"I didn't know trolls could appreciate elf beauty..."

Marut blinks his eyes and asks...

"Really? I didn't know that... never met many trolls..."

Mehadrin looks displeased at the stench that floats in the air...

"Ew! by the high ones! what is that awful smell! please get rid of it!..."

the mists have moved again, they reveal a bog, some steam rises from it's waters making it look haunted at night...

Mehadrin hurries back to safety near Moondrop...

"What is that horrid place?? y-you don't think my brother is there do you?? I hope not, I could never survive in a place like that! Guyaro would be an awful brother if he even set a foot on that place! keep me safe my savior!..."

He hugs Moondrop like a damsel in distress,,,

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2018, 10:06:34 AM »

Tidemist gave an abrupt start at the newcomers words in answering Vaeri. She leapt to her feet, looking concerned. “Guyaro is here...or he was earlier. But he left us. And he talked about a golden skinned High One. He said...not to free him. Do you know what he meant?” She watched as he huddled behind Moondrop and raised an eyebrow bemused. Her attention was only momentarily distracted by the smell of the bog that was revealed now, but she would concern herself about that later.

Tidemist took a small steadying breath and put on a friendly smile. “Come, sit by the fire and eat with us. There is plenty of food and the fire is warm.” She gestured towards the roast bird waiting for slicing, and the gently steaming cook pot full of seafood stew.

Vaeri raised her eyebrows, not looking terribly impressed. His answer about the fabrics was utterly useless to her. She would have to speak with this golden skinned elf...but then Tidemist brought up the warning the other red haired elf had said. So it was dangerous perhaps to approach the elf who may have created this interesting fabric. Vaeri gave a mental sigh at this.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up