Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 Fan Calendar Theme  (Read 20342 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: 2019 Fan Calendar Theme
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 08:11:32 AM »

I'm good with anything but too sexual themes or too mushy stuff! I find those subjects boring... sexy poses can be done in a funny way but more than that gets under my skin easily... also, I know this won't happen, but it would be awesome to do a calendar that has boardgames in every page!... I know, I'm the only one who'd think that would be fun idea... but it sure would be different!...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »

@Maggie: by the way the 2017 link (under "Monthly Calendars") is broken, it points to 2016

Sorry about that, I use the Holt Theme and not Bright Forest and it was pointing to the correct place for my theme. Fixed now. Can't believe no one said anything for almost a year.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »

Back to calendar theme business!  ;D

I was thinking it would be nice to include all the various types of character in the next calendar. Like Wolfriders, Go-Backs, Gliders, Sun Folk, High Ones, Trolls, Wavedancers, Humans etc. Some tribes go by the wayside a bit.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »

I'd like that idea! lots of variety there! well, I'll be ready to start drawing when we figure out the theme... (I know, I know, the poll thing comes first) I'm actually already waiting to start...

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »

Would a multiple-choice poll be possible? Like, people can vote for topics that they are generally fine with? I see that I will have a hard time already to choose.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 11:42:10 AM »

I don't think giving people multiple choices would help alleviate the fact they can't choose a theme they like best. Too many choices will probable end up being a poll full of ties and then another poll to break those ties.  ;)

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »

I like the Chief-subject a lot and the Homes, but I was also thinking about Magic.

Draw the different magic, know to EQ, with the characters who have it.
Treeshaping - Goodtree, Redlance, Kaslen and whoever I am forgetting
Gliding - well too many to write down....
Rockshaping - Door, Egg, Ekuar, Ahdri etc...
Etc, etc...
There are a lot of options here and if you need a list of all the magic (to inspire people) I have one on my tablet.. pfew!

Other one would be.... couples? Draw your favorite couple. Lovemate, Lifemate, Furmate etc.

That is it for now

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »

Ooh...couples could be interesting. Good call EyesHigh76.  ;D

Maybe the seasons could be combined with couples...a season of pairings...something like that. It would be a pretty fun theme because you could have any type of couple out there, including bond beasts and naked, naked elves...trolls...etc. It would/could also encompass the cubs theme, daily life, action, comedy and homes.

I like it!

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »

Couples and seasons would be good. I’m wondering if we would be able to include spoilers to Final Quest in our submissions yet?

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »

http://elfquest.com/fancals/
2002 - 2009
(some have separate pages like http://elfquest.com/images/fan/fancalendar2002.html )
and
http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=fanartcalendar
upper right navigation for the years
lower right "view all entries" (for each year)
@Maggie: by the way the 2017 link (under "Monthly Calendars") is broken, it points to 2016

So let's see what we had in the past.
I don't know, maybe there were calendars before, maybe some fanzine projects? (There have been quite a few in the past, sadly this might have died in the modern world.)

2002      no specific topic ("the first year")
2003      25 Years of Celebrations            not on EQFA ?
2004      Then and Now                  not on EQFA ?
2005      The Beloved Dead
2006      ElfQuest Through the Ages
2007      Home and Family
2008      Favorite Moments / 30 Years of Favorite Moments
2009      The Magic of Elfquest
2010      Finding One's Place
2011      Hidden Moments
2012 - 2014    weekly planner (no regular 2012 calendar)
2013      Every Picture Tells a Story
2014      Dreamscapes
2015      Emotive Portraits
2016      Tribes
2017      Contrasts
2018      Entirely Ekuar

Thank You!!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »

I just say that couples is a daaaang boring topic... if people want that then go ahead... but that one... I would sit out... but we will see what we have once the poll is done...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »

Pairings/Lovemates is a little boring for me too, for it has been done in one original Elfquest calendar.
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »

No, not couples as in lovemates. I meant pairings as in friends, animal bonds, enemies, parents/children etc. not a whole calendar full of lovers.

@Hyakurin Sorry no Final Quest for the calendar. I haven't read any of it myself but there is also no way to keep spoilers from spilling with the printed version. Don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Cloudchaser

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:47 AM »

After drawing Voll and Ekuar for these past two calendars, I kind of like a theme of "Tribal Elders - past and present". It's a way of showing well loved characters (or maybe even lesser know background characters) with wisdom and grace - but in the setting of the artists own choosing.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 10:49:54 AM »

After drawing Voll and Ekuar for these past two calendars, I kind of like a theme of "Tribal Elders - past and present". It's a way of showing well loved characters (or maybe even lesser know background characters) with wisdom and grace - but in the setting of the artists own choosing.

Like an oldies but goodies calendar.  :D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »

Could Door be considered a tribal elder? he sort of is a member of the insane human tribe...

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2017, 09:48:59 AM »

I meant friends too yes. Just all kinds of couples you can think of elf/elf, elf/human, elf/troll, elf/bondanimal 😉

Why not the "unknown" characters?
Like:
Wolfriders
Wing, Sust, Pool, Rain, Brownberry, Foxfur, Shale and Eyes High,  Trueflight.
Sunfolk
Toorah, Shushen, Minyah, Berthia, Ahnshen.

Etc etc.... so they have a change to be in the spotlight as well?

I kept the "new ones" from Final Quest out.... that might be a problem I guess... or there is a list of characters you can choose. (I have the list on my phone 😁😁)

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 07:38:00 AM »

Hi everyone,

Since 2018 is the year of the last issue of ElfQuest, maybe the theme could be: Goodbye's. That doesn't have to mean only sad goodbye's. It has room for alot of emotions.

If people find it too sad... how about: 2018 is also the year that EQ celebrates it's 40th birthday. Maybe a theme about 40 years of pointed ears?

I saw the reactions (limits) about the idea about bondanimals. Maybe it could be stretched into ElfQuest vs (/and) animals in ElfQuest? Then you can use bondanimals but also other animals (like Chitter who burried a little bird when she was a child or the lizard and cat in Leetahs hut in the original quest) or characters with bondanimals from other characters f.e. Leetah and Nightrunner, Skywise and Littletrill)
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »

Many others have had also the idea to add other animals to the bonded animal Theme. Doesn't have to be a magical bond. Can be an animal friend. Like the cat of Leetah, or Zwoots, or human with their rabid dogs.
I like the cross section with bonded animal and not bonded Elf!
Does someone know an animal for the trolls? Than we could loosen the bonded theme and change it in EQ and an Animal Friend..?

Awww - the Goodbye theme is really fitting for 2019. I have no idea so far, but totally like it!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »

I would prefer to save a goodbye theme for the very last calendar we ever do. Plus, this isn't the first time that EQ has been "over". I remember being devastated many, many years ago when EQ was finished in the mid 90's (after Hidden Years and Shards) but then came The Discovery in 2006.

I know that this is supposed to be the final tale but you never know, you know. ;)

I was toying with the idea of 40 years of EQ (also) because we did a 30 Years of Favorite Moments calendar but I think it may be limiting as a theme because there are people who haven't read the Final Quest yet and I really don't want spoilers if that can be helped. Still if we could find a way to do the 40 years idea without letting any important info out then I would be up to adding that idea to the ballot.

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »

I like the ‘goodbye’ idea except that we can’t use spoilers. And I think there are some major moments we’d be missing if we couldn’t include everything.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 12:45:01 AM »

I know that this is supposed to be the final tale but you never know, you know. ;)

It was said that she (Wendy) would prefer not to have deadlines and stuff (and maybe to have time to explore other fields, too), so there might be more, it just would likely be less regular then - and thus also with less pressure for both.

Hence I'd also be a little reluctant with a goodbye topic. For a favourite moments of 40 years ... well, there are plenty of moments also outside FQ, if we want to keep the spoilers out, but then, (one of) my favourite moment(s) was already done in a calendar...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 01:48:42 AM »

To save the Goodbye theme for the very last calendar we ever do is a great idea. I hope the spoiler warning would be redundant than and we all are also old and grey ...  ;D
@jaRf You make me damn curious about one of your favorite moments that was allready done in a calendar :lol

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 02:04:10 AM »

We could do the "Goodbye" Theme next year?
I mean then FQ will be out and finished, maybe most will have read it if able ofcourse.
Tho I have a feeling FQ will be available online for free too by the end of 2018???

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »

@jaRf You make me damn curious about one of your favorite moments that was allready done in a calendar :lol

Look at 2008 and make a guess.. ;)

For the free-as-in-beer availability of FQ: I think that depends. If you give publishing rights to a publishing house it depends on the contract if you can cross-license it to the generic audience on your website. Maybe they have some agreement with DarkHorse that they can put it up online as soon as FQ on paper is sold out, maybe not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up