Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 Fan Calendar Theme  (Read 20334 times)

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: 2019 Fan Calendar Theme
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 12:10:54 PM »

Ah, so many good ideas here! I like:

- Chiefs/leaders, because it could give a spotlight to some less known characters.

- Couples/pairings, because it would force you to draw two characters! And it doesn't have to be romantic. It would go well with the animal bond too.

- Seasons with environments/EQ with nature, because that would be a (background) challenge! Maybe that could be combined with the elders? Definitely with different tribes!

- Slice of life could also fit with homes, which would be great to see, because every elf is always on a great adventure, so it would be refreshing to see them do some everyday stuff or what they like to do with their free time.

All in all, I personally would like to draw a combination of:
- someone I haven't drawn before
- someone who hasn't had much art love
- in an interesting situation or a place
- with someone/something

How to put it in one sentence though...  "A Stranger Out There, But Not Alone"?  :D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 07:38:17 PM »

Whoa! a lot has happened in this post and I somehow missed out! I'm in for everything but not lovey-dovey stuff... Seasons, homes, backgrounds, fashion, what ever really! I just wanna get drawing already! (I know, I know, the poll... but I want to do stuff!) I wouldn't mind a "no theme" calendar...  sure there would be rules and we would check that not everyone would be drawing the same thing... or as czarine said, some sort of collaboration thing would be fun...  not just sure how it would work, but it might be fun too!...

EyesHigh76

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2017, 01:33:40 PM »

I wouldn't mind a collaboration with someone. Haven't done that before, so think it will be fun ;)

I think my favorite this far is Chiefs, not just Wolfrider Chiefs, but also the other tribes.

Also Homes and slice of life sounds great too!
See what the GoBacks did, watch some Sunvillagers tend to their gardens. Could try to combine it with seasons?
(Gardening for Spring? Watch chicks of the giant hawks hatch maybe Spring too? See Wavedancers swim/fish in the Summer etc, etc, etc.)
Loads of ideas! 😍😍

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »

Come on everybody! If you have new ideas.. this is the time to place theme because we have only a few days left before the deadline is over :D
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2017, 06:59:13 AM »

This idea is from someone who isn't a member but would love to see a calendar with the theme: chiefs lifemates :)
And someone else suggested: 'Butts of Ten Chiefs' LOL
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »

The Lifemates of Chief's yes...butts...no.... :lol

Also gotta be a member to get your idea on the ballot. ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:50:03 AM by Maggie »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »

Come on... we could all get "behind" this. ;D
Turn the other "cheek".

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »

I have a behind!...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Haha...butt seriously...

I just thought it was too much like the pin-up planners, been there done that.  ;D Also I want ideas from members, if someone wants butts they need to sign up and post that themselves.  ;)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »

Well I can put ideas here but they are going to get slapped down instantly again! (yes I'm looking at you, you meanies!)

One interesting would be "colors of elfquest" that means we could pick a color and add things that we think mixes well with that color, examples like pink: palace of the high ones, Green: Goodtree, grey: the trolls in their caves, and so on!... how does that sound?...

Or one theme could be "the way we live" picturing the differences the tribes have...

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »

I like the colours of EQ idea.  ;D

Wildfire

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:25 AM »

Ohhh Colours is an interesting idea! That has a lot of potential, though it might end up resembling the "Tribes" year significantly if whoever does green does the Wolfriders and white does Go-Backs etc. Encouraging participants to use the colours in unexpected ways (ex Preservers - grey, Wolfriders - pink etc) might result in some fun submissions!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 01:22:38 PM »

I'm pretty much out of ideas, but I can throw in "Cards." This could be either playing cards or tarot cards. The artist could pick a card and draw a character or two depicting their vision of what the card symbolizes. We could use more than just the 12 plus covers; maybe some inserts/filler in the calendar?  Oh wait, Joselle and even Wendy Pini have already done something similar. Well, it's a thought.

Maybe another idea: Night/Day in the Life? The elves engaged in routines in their holts. It's open enough for interpretation to draw almost anything.

Honestly, I think we've thrown in ideas and it seems we're mostly falling back on what has already been mentioned. Personally, I'm for All Action, Couples, Seasons/Nature...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:44:33 AM by Amberfox »
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »

Totally off topic but I want to make sure you all see this...

My 10 month old computer broke down last night and is at the repair shop. Could be a you lost everything hard drive issue so the poll may be a day or two late because working from a crappy tablet isn't fun.

I may have lost all the data on my computer which would mean 2018 calendar entries, so I may need you to resend them along with the titles etc. once my computer is up and running again. Anyway, I may be quiet for a day or so but I'll get the poll up as soon as I can.

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 01:47:34 PM »

Oh man I never sent you a title for mine... I guess I’ll need to do that!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »

Talk about your computer being obsolete once you open the box...But seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your computer dying. I've had that happen to me two or three times (mostly just after moving to a  new location). Take your time and do what you need to; we'll still be lurking about out here.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Vaeri

• Wolf
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »

getting this in on the last day, go figure...XD

but i really like the idea of the Colors of Elfquest! and personally i like the seaonal thing, i'm...particular. i always preferred my calender pictures to reflect the month they are attached to, though sometimes i have weird ideas of what that is..XD

i kinda would like to see a High One's Fashions! of Elfquest calendar. like i remember the old thread from SoC, where people drew the characters and how they might look as High Ones, and i always really loved this concept and the creativity it could inspire.

another idea, was there ever an OC centered calendar? maybe the artists could submit up to 3 of their own Elfquest OCs, people say how many they're willing to draw in a picture, and everyone gets randomly assigned an OC to draw? could lead to some pretty interesting meetings and who doesn't love to see their own OC's drawn, and who wouldn't love to spend a month seeing their character on their wall?

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

I think til now it was always quite canon, means, mostly canon characters, or at least a focus on canon ones. The scenery was usually what is possible in the world of two moons.

I guess we will have more ideas than artists in the end and might end up with a lot of nice ideas for topics but also wide-spread votes, like every topic one or two votes. Uh-oh. ;)
Therefore I like topics that leave a lot of freedom so one can still include all sorts of stuff. E.g. daily life could include favourite characters, rare characters, fashion, humour, emotions of all sorts, animals,...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up