Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Wolfpack!  (Read 29539 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Our Wolfpack!
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:53:08 PM »

This is our ever growing wolfpack! I monitor them using games like Wolfquest, Minecraft and Sims 4! every time there are puppies to be born you get to decide their names and together we will see the journey of their lives! come and join us on this quest! artwork of the wolves is very appreciated!

PUPPERS

Name: Fargaze
Name given by: Amberfox
Personality so far:
- Likes watching at things from afar, has lots of patience and will most likely become a good ambush predator. Silent fella.
- Started to boss others around when his parents are away, got in a huge fight with Skywheel because of it and lost, has been cranky afterwards.
- Been very itchy in the old den and doesn't like to go in anymore since it's getting too crowded and has gotten even more cranky because of it!
- Has been teasing his siblings non-stop as he has more energy than usual.
- Has been eagerly waiting to get out of his birth den and to go with his parents to the wilderness.

Name: Gloomhowl
Name given by: Maggie
Personality so far:
- A bit of a sad one as all his siblings tease him the most and always cries after his parents when they have to go fetch food.
- Has started to show some courage and no longer is as submissive as he first was.
- Whines constantly because is unhappy with the den and likes to stay outside where he can be with his parents more.
- Lately has been very interested in learning about the world and loves climbing on top of big rocks to howl.
- Has helped a lot by marking everything to keep the territory smelling like his family.

Name: Frostyfox
Name given by: Yavia
Personality so far:
- Very friendly but reserved girl. wags tail and jumps happily when playing but keeps her distance from her siblings, seems to hate Sunspot for some curious reason
- Learned to howl and has the sweetest howl of the bunch, very fond of rolling down a hill, not sure if she means to or if she always takes mis-steps on top of the said hill.
- Strangely not affected by the fleas at all, might hold a special gene that makes her more resistant to parasites!
- Has gotten quite fat lately! thanks to her being in better shape than the others! still I think she will be a smaller build wolf in the end.
- Has remained small but took down a bird all by herself! excellent small-prey hunter in the making! Has started acting aggressively towards others, might try to become a pack leader later on.

Name: Lionstalker
Name given by: Czarine
Personality so far:
- Very alert and stalking her siblings and bugs non-stop. Sometimes too busy stalking to eat.
- She saw his brother Badluckpup getting snatched from right before her by an eagle and has turned timid, No longer dares to venture alone.
- Started to follow her parents without me realizing and was amazingly lucky as she survived a mountain lion attack! but might have a visible scar later on, this one is going to look like a bad-ass if I'm right! A bit itchy but fine.
- The scar has left a permanent mark on the puppy's face but she has healed well, gotten extremely whiny because of the fleas but is fine otherwise.
- Has stopped being whiny and looks eagerly at the world beyond the territory limits from a tall rock.

Name: Sunspot
Name given by: Treefox
Personality so far:
- A fast learner and a bit of a loner. was the first of her siblings to howl, did so during her first day after hearing her parents howling.
- She is best friends with Lightning and they love digging under trees together. Has turned into a big heavy puppy and fights with Mudpaw for food.
- Sunspot got sick from the fleas and lost weight but has build up more resistance to sickness ever since, still sadly got so thin her ribs are showing.
- Been extremely active all by herself but reserved in the company of others, might become a dispersal wolf.
- Continues acting like a dispersal wolf, ready to go somewhere to start her own pack when she is old enough, has started to distance herself from the pack more.

DECEASED   
Name: Rustfur (formerly known as BadLuckPup)
Name given by: Berit Jurda
Personality so far:
- Had an uncanny luck of wandering right into his parents piss stream.
- His bad luck took a turn to the worse as he was snatched from the den entrance by an eagle. His death taught the other puppies to be more careful.
- (Thanks to a die roll he is alive in the Mistquest RPG! he just got carried a long way by the Eagle!)

Name: Mudpaw
Name given by: Czarine
Personality:
- Extremely playful to the point he gets into fights with his siblings. loves biting roots and vomiting afterwards. Also has no survival instinct as he likes to sniff butts of big animals like mountain lions. is the biggest and strongest of the pups so far.
- Lately has had his food stolen by Sunspot and doesn't know what to do about it, whines and plays when his siblings eat, is still the heavies of the pups, I've also noticed his other ear might develop flat.
- Got sick from flea bites and lost weight but is starting to put on weight again, and I was right, he has one flat ear! this is not so noticeable as a puppy but as an adult you can't miss it!
- Is the heaviest puppy of the bunch again and clearly well but been more sleepy than usual, though every time he sits his fat ass to rest Fargaze attacks him!
- Has gained a rare eye-color, Lime green, this sometimes happen in wolves, sadly it also might tell that he might have bad eyesight in the dark. still! happy and fat and bulldozes every other puppy thanks to his weight!

Name: Darkstar
Personality so far:
- Serene, likes playing by herself, rolling in stinky things and stealing food from her sibling. Loves sleeping in sunny spots.
- her weight has gone down at alarming rate, yet she has remained energetic and learned to howl, has very sharp lonely howl.
- This puppy killed a rabbit all by herself and ate it! was angry at her siblings and parents while eating it, has been a little itchy with all the fleas around but doesn't mind them too much.
- Her howl is powerful and very beautiful to listen to, sounds more like an adult wolf than a puppy, has the ability to get the others howling when she howls, a beautiful chorus of howls.
- Started running after things, clearly getting ready to hunt something and seems to be challenging her siblings, probably tries to become the alpha later on.

Name: Skywheel
Personality so far:
- Calm and collected, Skywheel seems to be a leader in the making but has a bad habit of wandering too far alone from the den and needs to be brought back by his parents after he gets lost or is in danger.
- Has been fighting like he is trying to become the leader, but loses in weight to some other puppies. gets very angry at feeding time. got in a huge fight with Fargaze who nibbled him in the butt, Skywheel taught the harasser a lesson!
- Fleas have made him very angry and he bites his siblings flanks as a stress reliever, Puppies seem to respect Skywheel and give him space.
- Learned to ignore the itchiness and started to explore VERY far from the den and followed his parents all the way to the nearest elk herd in secret, pretty much ruined the hunt as Blackfell had to carry him home mid hunt.
- Stopped trying to be the leader and seems like he is very eager to be old enough to hunt.

Name: Quartzpelt
Name given by: Amberfox
Personality so far:
- Most peaceful and loves to lay on snow and sleep. but when provoked by her siblings (Read, Moonpearl) tends to get too aggressive and needs to be separated to cool off.
- Lately has been more accepting of his siblings and sometimes shares her napping spot with Moonpearl. but not with Mudpaw for some reason.
- Has lost significant amount of weight and sleeps all day, I fear for her life, Moonpearl has started to show concern and lays next to her to keep her warm.
- Finally she has gotten better! I really feared for her life for a moment but now she has started to eat aggressively and is playing with Moonpearl, a bit weak from her ordeal but getting better everyday.
- Slower than most of her siblings physically, but seems like she often lets others fight while she steals the food!

Name: Moonpearl
Name given by: Dewshine
Personality so far:
- The next playful of the bunch and likes taking Quartzpelt's snowy spot to lay on, provoking her into a fight but shrugs off the received bruises and punishment without the need of her parents. has also annoying habit of wandering too far from the den.
- After the Eagle attack that cost the life of her den mate, Badluckpup, has kept closer to the den and has mended her ways with Quartzpelt. they sometimes play and nap together.
- Has been caring for her sister Quartzpelt, laying next to her or on top of her when it's cold outside, has lost weight as well because of this, this behavior seems Moonpearl might turn into a "nanny wolf" as an adult, meaning she will stay with puppies and take care of them when others are away, extremely important wolf if that is so.
- Plays with Quartzpelt but is very gentle with her except the one day she bit Quartzpelt's ear hard enough to make her shriek in pain, got scared by the sound and been nice ever since.
- Moonpearl seems to grow faster that others, she already looks more like a young wolf that her siblings, she has started to act nursing towards her siblings.

Name: Lightning
Name given by: Afke
Personality so far:
- Very curious about the world and what lies under the ground. Doesn't seem to run off energy when is digging. Gets along well with Sunspot and provokes her into mischief. Learned to howl and has a long and kinda whiny howl so far! I bet he will get better at it as time goes on.
- fell from a cliff and hurt his hind leg so he is limping, I hope it will not be a permanent damage, still plays with the other pups, especially Sunspot.
- Lighting's leg has not healed and is fixed on place meaning this will become a permanent hindrance he must live with his whole life, might have healed if the fleas had not weakened him.
- Limping but has learned to cope with his back leg, plays and rolls around in the mud with the others, Lightning got scared by real lighting!
- Limping is permanent by this point but he barely notices it anymore, happy pupper but seems to be a bit scared by heights and doesn't follow his siblings onto tall rocks or stumps.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:15:18 PM by Berit »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Name my BABIES!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 01:12:19 PM »

Ohhh you got babies! (almost wrote 'rabies'...)

I'd like to name a brown cub: Mudpaw!

I hope it will live up to its name!  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 02:24:02 PM »

HAhah! Ok! one brown is Mudpaw! you can choose which one!..
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:57:45 PM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:53:51 PM »

Just realized the two white puppies happen to be in annoyingly similar poses AND the ground looks annoyingly similar! but I assure you! two different pups! one has dark eyes and the other lighter eyes! I think you can see the difference in the pictures... the game is old so similar texture on the ground is a plenty!...

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »

The other brown female puppy: Sunspot.
Wow, that is a lot of cubs... impressive!

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:59:18 AM »

Haha! That brown male cub with the hilarious expression must be Mudpaw! It seems he has blue eyes. Will you update how your babies have grown later?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

Named the cubs! I will post on how they fare later on! they are all so tiny... though Mudpaw ALREADY was sniffing mountain lion's butt! it was a miracle the mountain lion didn't notice him and I managed to haul the baby back to safety... and about the expressions, I've noticed they all tend to have slightly different personalities... Mudpaw won't stay put and plays around, Sunspot is a fast learner, she howled the very first day she was born because her parents howled...

And about Mudpaw's eyes, Baby wolves can have blue eyes, but once they mature they will turn into different shades of brown orange yellow or grey, or at some very rare cases the they can be light greenish... well only see once they mature what the true color will be!...

the most blue eyed wolf I've heard about is Reudi from wolf park, in his case its a genetic condition that also makes him have short legs...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:17:27 PM by Berit »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »

They all look so cute!
I think one of my first EQ characters had a white male wolf named Lightning, I hope that suits. :)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »

Thanks for naming one, Afke! The curious white male pup is now named Lightning! Three pups now have names! many still to go!..

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

Okay, I name the Gray female puppy with brown head
Frostyfox
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »

Okay! Will do! thank you for naming one! I will post pictures of them later, probably with them playing with one another! Frostfox seems to be very friendly but reserved, and doesn't seem to like Sunspot very much for some reason!...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

:o
Frostyfox its just a little icy and don't like sun. Her frosted coat will melt :D  :lol

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »

and then she'd end up looking just like her sister that she hates! Oh noes!!..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:08:28 PM by Berit »

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »

Sunspot and Frostyfox are sisters? That's kinda funny.
Treefox, I'm sorry my named wolf don't like your named one. But I do still like you  :-*

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 05:03:46 PM »

Yup! they are! Funny that other has a warm name and the other a cold name and they don't get along! should post some pictures of them fighting! it's never too aggressive, Frostyfox just likes to give her the "cold shoulder" and nibbling her tail at times...

Also now that I look at them isn't it weird that the one has a grey fur and brown head and the other has a brown fur and grey face!? what is it with these two?! HAHAHAH!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:06:16 PM by Berit »

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 05:22:31 AM »

Haha, what coincidences! Nah, Yavia, we would never take offense at something like this! Love you too!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »

What about for the first little baby, Fargaze? Seems to suit the personality, at least! I'll consider more names for the others, but it's almost time for me to be paroled from work. PRAISE THE HIGH ONES FOR WEEKENDS!!!!!!!!!!
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »

Don't know if there are limits to naming, but my brain was off to the races once I started considering names (and I escaped the evil lab gnomes). Here are my final suggestions: for "baby" #4, brown female: Forestecho; "baby" #9, black male possible future leader: Boldstrider; "baby" #10, white female: Quartzpelt; maybe for timid pup #2, grey male: Mourncry. If no one else steps in or you are really drawn to one or more of the names - hope they help!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 11:46:11 PM »

Ayooooh! Amberfox! Long time no see!! currently there is only one name per elf/troll! but after a while I will accept more names so no pup remains un-named!...

so which of the pups speaks most to you?  what is the one you will choose?...

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 11:52:10 PM »

I still have that last "surprise" I need to send you!

They're YOUR babies, so what name speaks to you (if any)?

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 01:16:07 AM »

Dang! you're making this hard! I like so many of them...  my favorites are Fargaze, Quartzpelt and Mourncry! definitely gonna use many of these names if no one else names these pups... hmmmh? what one we should pick from these? I'm probably pick Quartzpelt! is this okay with you?...

and a surprise! that's interesting! oh boy! thank you in advance!... I also need to post stuff for you, but I'm busy with the calendar currently! stupid body causing stupid problems right when it should not! so I hope I get things done!... few lines and color is all it needs...

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »

Mwahahahahahaha! My work here is done!  Feel free to use any of the names you like, I'd be honored! If Quartzpelt stands out for you, go for it!

Yup, I'm still working on that surprise for you I've mentioned for ages now.  I drew myself into a corner and have felt unable to move forward on it.  But I'm inspired again, so back to it!  I have a second one I've been working on.  I might just finish that one section and post it without the rest.  It's the "rest" that's giving me a problem.  But, as with you, I've been through a lot lately and it's been hard to even pick up any art.  Hopefully, I'm on a lengthy "art streak" now...

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 11:03:36 AM »

Man, it's fun to see how early they develop their characters! Can't wait to hear more of their adventures (and blunders)!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2017, 01:41:26 AM »

Amberfox: Thank you so much for the names and the surprise! and I know, sometimes in pictures there is that one dang part that simply never looks right! it is annoying when that happens!...

Czarine: Yes, the personality traits are small, but can be noticed. and the pups develop quickly because otherwise the game would take forever! the part where the pups are still blind and clumsy is skipped (this takes about three weeks in real life)... I try to remain in this Pup stage as long as possible to give them the best surviving possibilities, I over feed them and train them to my best ability... and Mudpaw sure likes to eat! he is three times as heavy as the others and wins every battle because of it, but he is slow on the run...

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 01:28:08 AM »

Hey, how are the puppies?
You mentioned they develop quick. Are they still puppies or fully grown by now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up