Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help??  (Read 3812 times)

Bittersilk

• Treewee
  • I'm new
    • View Profile
Help??
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:01:09 AM »

I'm new here... and this site is all very confusing for me   ???
it took me 30 min just to find out where I could post this (and not entirely sure whether I'm doing it the right place, so pls forgive me if I'm not. can you post any fan art? and where/how... tried serching for it, and the help site just sends me to another site :-(
BitterSilk

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
Re: Help??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 07:33:48 AM »

Hello and welcome Bittersilk,

yes, that help page is a generic help page from the software that is used to display the forums and the gallery. Thus it is a bit generic and not that useful for handling this very site.

Since the reconstruction (?) the site consists of the forum part (with the subforums guides, art, writers, holts, chit-chat and so on) and it's the starting page that you can also reach by the little tab "Home" on top (that shoud direct you to http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php )

The other big part is the gallery with all the artwork (tab "Gallery", link http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=media). Besides that is the somewhat useless "Help" ;) followed by "Search" (which kind of works as intended) and then your "Profile" settings, private message center, a memberlist, the extra-gallery-link for the fanart calendars from 2002 to 2017 and finally logout (self-explanatory).

Please note that the server has a little hiccup when it comes to email notifications of thread answers and PMs for a lot of members since ~October 2016. :/

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 07:42:20 AM »

In the Gallery you should have a link on the right side, above the art icons with the label "My Albums"
http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=media;area=mya

Here you can create an album e.g. "canon_EQ_elves" or "my_fancy_art" (I used underscores in the example because I don't know how well spaces are tolerated)
Once you have a directory (aka "folder" aka "album") you can enter it by clicking its name and there you should find a button "add an item to this album". That should allow you to submit a picture. Please note that the software isn't overly clever and a bit old so it is more or less limited to images (unless you do trickery). But JPEG and PNG images should work up to resolutions of >2000 x 2000 pixels (I tested it). Don't know about the byte size limit but if you use a clever (aka optically lossless) PNG or JPEG compression and stay within reasonable levels it should be fine.

Hope that helps!

PS: Have fun posting (especially Rayek) and feel free to ask if you have questions!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 07:51:56 AM »

Ah, well, maybe on the subforums you see on the main page:

Guides & Guidelines:
As it says, but not really art related, more forum related.

Art and Elfquest:
Calendar topic discussion, voting, art related questions and talk.

Writers' Gallery:
If you have lyrics or stories (fanfic) post here. You CAN also upload it to the gallery but either you have to put it into a picture or use some nasty trickery (quick and dirty "hack") as I did. Maybe one day it will improve, but basically our Maggy is single-handedly keeping this site up in her spare time.

Holts:
Holt related discussion, announce holts or news regarding holts. (Holts are basically places where EQ fans meet to build their own virtual tribe and do either roleplay and/or write stories about their tribe and characters.

Chit-Chat:
You posted here. :)
Generic chat about everything else.

The Other Art Gallery:
As it says discussion about non-ElfQuest art or links to it.

Trading Post:
If you have something to sell/trade. Not necessarily Elfquest related, as you see someone gave his/her digital drawing tablet away (well, so others could create Elfquest digital art with it ;) )

Sanctuary / Rants, Bacon, and Boobies:
Rants, mishaps, joy.

Well, currently it's relatively quiet here. Oh, well.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 05:11:05 AM »

Here you can create an album e.g. "canon_EQ_elves" or "my_fancy_art" (I used underscores in the example because I don't know how well spaces are tolerated)
We can use spaces in folder names, I have. ;)

And welcome to the site. :) Feel free to ask questions if you have more. We all like to help.
There may also be some useful topics for you here, under Guides & Guidelines.

Bittersilk

• Treewee
  • I'm new
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 03:04:35 PM »

thank you! :-)
BitterSilk
Pages: [1]   Go Up