Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Messaging Issues  (Read 10053 times)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Messaging Issues
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »

I received my test message via email. If you didn't please let me know.

jaRf

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
Re: Messaging Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »

Hehe, and I just wanted to send you an update on the matter so I checked in here...

Did NOT receive email. (not even delayed for that matter)

I also suspect that at least 3 or 4 more people should be affected. (1 sure, 1 semi-proof and 1 more suspected).
Since about Oct. 2016 I haven't received email notices on PMs, forum subscriptions or anything else. As far as I know neither me nor one person more switched anything in the settings and email addresses are still valid. I do receive e.g. updates from other sites. If more than one email provider is affected the fault very likely must be somewhere on the server.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:35:47 AM by jaRf »

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 09:37:29 AM »

I received mine (I use gmail, if that's relevant).

Wildfire

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »

I received both with no delay. I also use gmail

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »

I received the notification and didn't before. If you changed anything, it sure worked for me.

Startear

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »

Things have been working on my end.
"I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you."

RichardPini

• Calendar Judge
  • Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »

I received the notification via email.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 01:11:19 AM »

Seems we have 371 members at all.

Maybe very few have a duplicate account.
How many "bounced"? (email came back because address is already invalid)
How many received an email but did not check their email account?
How many chose just to ignore it an not answer?
Did someone use settings that will strictly deny any communication?
(All the above are summed up to number X.)

6 announced they definitely received an email.

But how many of the remaining 365 - X never even received an email?
:)

I am somewhat sure it shouldn't be the email provider's (direct) fault. Normally emails get delivered (maybe delayed) - and even if marked as spam - they somehow reach the server and are available to the user. And e.g. I receive on that address updates from other sites like holts and the like.
I could change the address I use here to see if that has an influence. (I already logged out, flushed the eqfa cookies and logged in again to see if that would re-initialize something.)

However, there is a Linux related forum I participate in, and that too didn't send me the updates as before (and for that I use a completely different address). Maybe the software around the world was just too shocked of that weird 2016... ;)
Or the many secret services used mv instead of cp to sniff the data streams... :P

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »

Hi Maggie,

I already wanted to let you know that I DON'T receive message by email. I have to log in on the site to see if I have messages. That's why I didn't vote on the new calendar because I didn't knew about the short deadline this year ;)
If you need to know more, please let me know.

And best wishes to you and all the other tribemates on the site.
Ric
Warm furs and good hunting... And remember it's a Beautiful Life!

Amberfox

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

I haven't been receiving messages to my personal email account for a while. I suddenly find something waiting for me when I log onto this website. Not sure why that is, but I believe that happened sometime this past year.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »

I'm working on a solution but please continue to update me on this thread. The more info I have the easier it will be for me to figure out exactly what's happening.

Also for the time being if you are one of the few people who aren't getting your messages and want to keep updated, check in to the site every so often. ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:29:35 PM by Maggie »

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »

Now that you mention it... I used to get notifications through email as well, and haven't in a while. The last few messages I've just seen by coming to the site. I also check my spam folders at least once a week; they haven't been in there either.

Hyakurin

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 03:49:58 AM »

I did NOT get an email. I had to log in.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 08:58:26 AM »

Thanks for the updates.

I'll be sending out various messages aka spam to you all over the next little while which I apologize for (well only to those who receive all the messages). Please continue to update me on whether or not the messages hit your email inbox or not. ;)

Cloudchaser

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 12:00:52 AM »

I didn't receive an email this time - only saw the message because I logged in. But there is nothing in my spamfilter either, so I don't know what happened, normally I receive email notifications as well. ???

Wintergreen

• Zwoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 03:49:43 PM »

Haven't got any emails from this site in ages. Missed all info about the next calendar, votes and all.
Had to log in to see the messages, and that I did only when someone PMd me in dA to note that the emails aren't working.

Using hotmail, if that's relevant.

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »

Still working on a fix.  ;)

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 07:20:03 AM »

Hi Maggie,

Today I received an email notification that I have a pm (your reply from yesterday). But the email notification came with a huge delay. Approx 12 hours later!
Still no notification from other pm or replies in topics.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 06:03:24 AM »

Hi! sorry for the late response! I did get the message just fine!...

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 08:03:18 AM »

Ah! My eyes see with joy: Today I got an email notification for this thread. First email since ~ Oct. 2016. Nice!
Further testing would be awesome, also e.g. for PM notifications and other possible items worthy a notification.

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 07:08:10 AM »

Well, it seems that this was only one. Other threads didn't result in an update notification (or still delayed?) - neither did a received PM create a notification. (Regardless I'll probably change the email address I use here soon, because the very email provider messes up more and more. Just nasty when you have to ditch one that you've been using for years. Protip: Don't buy Yahoo shares. Even Verizon is thinking twice.)

AceQuester

• Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 12:19:11 AM »

After a few mails with much much delay (sometimes 2 days delay) I didn't received anything anymore. No notifications about new messages in this threat (like the message from Jarf after me).

Yavia

• Tuftear
  • Master of Comedic Arts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »

I see your Messaging Issues question today and didn't get a notification via email. Find it in the PM as I log in. So I missed the poll again, didn't I? Puckernuts!
I'm not conceited with my title - it's just how it is  ;D

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »

It does seem so.
I guess more than 50% of the members do not receive notification emails. We have more than 300 people here at all, substract some do that receive (and wrote here), some that bounced back (email invalid) or that don't check their emails or just don't react (for any reason), but that leaves easily the half of them still without notice. That's a bit unfortunate and yes, I guess several active artists thus didn't take notice of the calendar topic discussion and voting - but I hope you still find it okay and will participate.

I got only one mail (already mentioned) and nothing since then. So I'm checking back relatively often. Maybe it helps if we polish the crystals of this palace? ;)

Maggie

• Calendar Organizer
  • Administrator
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 02:16:18 PM »

My computer died several weeks ago and I haven't been able to do anything further with regards to missed messages. I have a new computer now, so I can get back to business.  ;)

As far as the 300 people go, the max that log in daily is usually about 19, so really there is no way to know how many/who is missing messages aside from the few that have posted and let me know. To be honest I'm really only concerned with those who participate here on a semi-regular/regular basis. If you haven't logged in recently (let's say the past couple of months) then I don't think that EQFA is all that important.

Please PM me with your preferred email address if you would like to receive notifications. I will email you directly (not from the site) so no one misses anything important, at least for the time being. This won't include replies to threads on the message boards, you'll have to log in to keep track of that if you are one of the people not receiving messages at this time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up