Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wildwood Holt  (Read 7507 times)

Rowtiger

• Treewee
    • View Profile
Wildwood Holt
« on: April 30, 2015, 04:20:48 PM »

Founded in 1996, Wildwood Holt has been a tabletop, snail mail and forum group. We are still active after all of these years and are always welcoming new members! Primarily wolfriders in nature, we also have known plainsdancers, gobacks, a sea elf and a glider or two in our time
You can find us at:
Web: http://thespiralofoblivion.com/wildwoodholt/wildwoodmain.html
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/262311417306076/

If you would like to jump in and create a character or choose an adoptable, feel free to stop in and say hi!
~Whitemist & Snowowl, Wildwood Holt

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Re: Wildwood Holt
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:41 AM »

Since 1996 and still running? Impressive! :D

foxdance

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Wildwood Holt
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:57:18 AM »

Since 1996 and still running? Impressive! :D

;) It has been a long & very fun road through the years!
~Foxdance~
Wildwood Holt
~Chieftess Foxdance~
Wildwood Holt

Pyreite

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:06:34 AM »

To have gone that long is very impressive.

Checked out the holt website.  Looks good.  I did like the interactive map.  The lack of artwork, especially for the CISs, is a little disappointing.

The images for the bonds was a bit concerning too.

I hope the images of the horses, wolves, and eagles were used with permission on the holt website.

If not than that's very concerning for obvious reasons.

~ Pyre
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:35:37 AM by Pyreite »

Rowtiger

• Treewee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 07:47:29 AM »

The images for the nature photos are all from two free to use sites and we're approved by site owners. Much of the old artwork is not up to the new standards of my new works ( many are twenty years old) also the rest were from members who no longer play and have granted us to adopt them out. So I have to do up some new ones to replaces the old art they submitted. Sorry it's a little slow but I work 7/12 days which leaves me little time but I am working on it.

Pyreite

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 05:01:18 PM »

The images for the nature photos are all from two free to use sites and we're approved by site owners. Much of the old artwork is not up to the new standards of my new works ( many are twenty years old) also the rest were from members who no longer play and have granted us to adopt them out. So I have to do up some new ones to replaces the old art they submitted. Sorry it's a little slow but I work 7/12 days which leaves me little time but I am working on it.

Heya,

Np and thanks for the update.  That clears up the confusion.  I have worked with peeps doing up holt sites like Wildwood's, that literally stole photographs from all over the net, and reused them without permission, with a simple understanding that 'But it was already online, so I could just borrow it for our holt website'.

It always made me very concerned.

We never did receive any 'Cease and Desist' emails, but the issue remains over common courtesy, especially for those of us that do our own artwork too.

We wouldn't want plagiarism or reposting without permission, which is an issue on artsites like Deviant Art.

Thanks again.

And Np, I know how time-consuming being a web admin is.

~ Pyre

foxdance

• Treewee
    • View Profile
    • Wildwood Holt
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »

It's always good to double check. many of our images are from Monty Sloan/Wolf Park International and I have written permission to use the images. The website is used mostly for reference so we do not focus on placing our stories and artwork there. Those things can be found on our facebook page where our active members participate.
Thanks for your concern,
Foxdance of Wildwood

Heya,

Np and thanks for the update.  That clears up the confusion.  I have worked with peeps doing up holt sites like Wildwood's, that literally stole photographs from all over the net, and reused them without permission, with a simple understanding that 'But it was already online, so I could just borrow it for our holt website'.

It always made me very concerned.

We never did receive any 'Cease and Desist' emails, but the issue remains over common courtesy, especially for those of us that do our own artwork too.

We wouldn't want plagiarism or reposting without permission, which is an issue on artsites like Deviant Art.

Thanks again.

And Np, I know how time-consuming being a web admin is.

~ Pyre
~Chieftess Foxdance~
Wildwood Holt
Pages: [1]   Go Up