Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us your home!  (Read 18491 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Show us your home!
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2020, 03:23:30 PM »

Whoops! left the image a little big! oh well! making the snek look a lot bigger than it is! hahah!...

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2020, 10:53:51 PM »

I want to see the tiny snek! But the picture doesn't show up for me... :(

Czarine

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 11:46:38 PM »

I see the tiny snek just fine!  :love

Here are some Christmas pictures from my parents' home in Central Finland:

...and then one from Christmas Eve at my rental at Espoo:

The winter this year has been reeeeeally bad. Despite the pictures, there hasn't been as much snow in Central Finland as there usually has been.  Southern Finland has been snowless for most of the winter, and people have seen coltsfoot flowering already this month. I'm worried that the hedgehogs will wake up too early, it's been so warm out here.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 04:09:06 AM »

Your parents' area is so beautiful! I miss snow. :'(

My backyard looks brown and empty right now, but it actually isn't that bad. I think I need to plant some more stuff that stays green year round. Last year around this time my fence collapsed due to storm, and a lot got crushed then, or burned in the last two summers.

But when the green returns my yard is actually quite full of life. I can even recognise it on the Google satellite. :D It's like a big green bomb. Last year I saw birds I had never seen before, and some I knew but never saw irl (or that up close!). Squirrel also gets closer to the house, and it's fun to hide behind a plant on the windowsill and watch it all.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2020, 04:39:06 AM »

I feel you, Afke! My garden has suffered from storms and the two summers from hell... But so far life is always returning each Spring!

Anyway, I miss winter so much! Real winter... those pictures really make long for snow, cold and long winter walks... so beautiful.

And I can see the tiny snek on my phone! It is sooo beautiful!
I am not sure I ever saw a wild snake in Germany, I sometimes see slow-worms. They really look like snakes, but are actually a kind of lizard without legs. Also super tiny!

Afke, would you like to show some pictures of your garden?

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2020, 05:07:31 AM »

Yes, I was thinking perhaps I could come up with a comparison picture as well. I'll check my pictures from last year, see if I can make a current one at the same angle.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »

I'd love that!

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »

That climate catastrophy is just a nasty thing. But I remember having read about CO2 and the likes many years ago, already. I do witness the changes. In my childhood there were winters when I saw ice-flowers on the windows (okay, less good windows back then, too), but we had winters with -18 °C here. There was always snow somehow. "Mountainish" regions had snow til March, occasionally even til late April.
This year there was hardly any lasting snow in the higher regions and near none in the flat lands.
I envy the Scandinavians (Norway, Sweden, Suomi) who still have some snow at all.

I could post a similar set of images like I did 2016 here. Weather becomes more and more extreme. I hate people who tell me "yeah, but it's getting nice and warm". I hate summers which are just screaming hot. Moreover, it is not that the temperature make plants grow (and thus react CO2 to sugars and materials), it also needs light irradiation, fertile grounds and water. And water? There is drought for weeks and it all starves to brown. Then, all of a sudden the missing rain of those weeks comes down in one day and washes away the soil and makes damages...

Oh well. But this thread is also to show one's surroundings. Maybe I'll find the time to get some pictures posted here.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2020, 06:21:12 AM »

I feel the same JaRf; I already didn't like summers, but am starting to dread them more and more. As does my yard.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up