Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us your home!  (Read 18502 times)

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Show us your home!
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »

Heya! got inspired in the gallery to make this post... I'd like to see pictures of what your surroundings or home looks like! I think it would be interesting to see! I'd also be interested in seeing local wildlife and plants, since they can be very inspiring for artists!... will add some pictures about what things look like here when I can! but others, if you are interested, go on ahead!...

Treefox

• Fan Calendar Participant
  • Tuftear
    • View Profile
Re: Show us your home!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:31:33 AM »

Great idea! Please show us yours too, Berit.

I'll start with a picture of my beloved garden in full bloom (not my house in the background):

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:52:43 AM »

Nice Ringelblumen, isn't it? Must have been the day after the rain. A garden of your own is something wonderful. It requires some work, though.
I wouldn't have nice things to show since I live in an apartment in a medium/large sized European town but in a radius of around 200 km there are some beautiful places that one could reach within a day.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 02:36:46 AM »

Yes, Ringelblumen. :) Once you have them, the return every year and tend to spread all over the place, which is fine by me. :)
I love our garden, but it is a lot of work as you say. Totally worth it, I just wish I had more time to take care of it...
But I'd still like to see your living area, why not have some city area pictures as well? There are surely several advantages to that...
As my colleague (also living in a pretty rural area) told me last week: Du lebst ja auch am oarsch der Welt!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »

I think it looks very lovely there! and I will add pictures as well as soon as I get them out of the phone!... Ah! I really like that butterfly that there! must have been a nice weather! and I believe those yellow flowers are known here as Tarhakehäkukka... edible thing, but must admit that I don't like the taste, not in tea or any other place! A bit too overpowering to my liking...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »

Looking forward to see your pics, Berit! I just did a wonderful long walk through the woods and took some nice pics. Some change from just our house and garden. Will also post them soon.

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:50:52 PM »

Here is few pictures I took with my phone as I was walking home. flowers were blooming and lots of interesting plants around! and that green house ain't mine!... anyway, I think wild flowers are nice to look at! if I find any meadows I'll post pictures about them as well!...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 02:27:05 AM »

Ohhhh! So beautiful! Nature over there is really wonderful. The lupins are still blooming? Mine finished at least a month ago! I love wild flowers as well. Just look at how rich and full everything looks!
Do you know what those big-leafed plants are called?
I hope you will post more pictures!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 04:45:39 AM »

Yeah! the Lupins are still blooming over here! though they will soon stop.. oh? those big plants? they are type of butterbur, petasite japonicus giganteus, I believe... during old times they were used as medicine for various diseases, most commonly, the plague... it's Finnish name actually is "Ruttojuuri" meaning plagueroot...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 06:12:59 AM »

Wow, thanks! I was looking for the name of that plant. In such cases the scientific names really help. It is actually called Japanese pest root in German... :D
I really wish we could go on adventures in your woods together...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 04:04:41 AM »

Here is something else than woods! my messy bed that was invaded by my cats! darn! I only went to get one cup of tea!... the cats here are Olga, the black one, Tuttu the grayish brown, striped one, Vivi the black and white and Lilli the one who has fallen asleep nose first!...

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 04:05:52 AM »

And Treefox, if you ever get a chance to post pictures of how the woods and nature looks like over there... I'd be happy to see them!...

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »

;D You do know that the cat-filled bed looks super comfortable, right? Wow, your cats really get along, that's wonderful. Our two cats being brother and sister also get along, luckily. Being with sleeping cats always makes me fall asleep, too.
And I will post pictures of our woods, soon!  :)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 03:52:50 AM »

So, finally two pics from the woods in my area. So this basically what our landscape looks like:

And this at the edge of a hiking path, where we found this little fellow:

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »

Sorry! I haven't been active here as much as I've wanted to! but Man, Treefox! that is a nice view! looks very peaceful there (I hope it's not just looks!) haha! wonder what that wood carving is all about! nice little detail though! might I ask what are those bell shaped flowers? if you happen to know I'd be interested! I don't think we have those here in Finland... they kind of resemble the vicia cracca, but look bigger and don't have as many bells nor the similar tangling properties...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:16:00 PM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 07:19:14 PM »

Hmmmh... No... it can't be what I said it resembled first... oh! it is some sort of digitalis, isn't it!? must be!...

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 02:21:23 AM »

Digitalis purpurea, I have them in my backyard every summer. :)

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 02:48:39 AM »

What afke said! :D
I am surprised you don't have them in Finland, as I assumed they basically grow all over Europe. Their common name is "Foxglove". Love that name! In German they are named "Fingerhut" which means thimble.

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 02:52:50 AM »

And yes, it luckily is very peaceful where I live! That's one reason why I love it there so much. The nature, while definitely touched by man, still exists and we can live with it and enjoy it every day.
If we find the time, I would like to see more of people's surroundings!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 05:50:29 AM »

Yeah, I don't think we have that in Finland... if we have it might be in the warmer parts of the country... always fascinated to see what nature looks like in different places! I will post some photos soon as well, as long as I can find that darn cable to get them off my phone!... winter has been pretty lame here, not even a meter of snow... makes it difficult to walk off road, more show means it gets packed and you can walk on top if without sinking in... makes me worry about the animals as well, hibernating animals depend on the snow...

jaRf

• Tuftear
  • just another Rayek fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 04:05:44 AM »

Winter without snow just sucks. Sad to hear even in Suomi country there is not enough snow.
Here it is more or less gray and somewhat rainy and partially stormy recently. I even went out jogging because it was warm enough. Snow was here only for a few days (and it made everything look magical and bright even in the night); but it was gone way too quickly.

Afke

• Tuftear
  • Optimist
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 07:02:08 AM »

Over here as well, not much winter. :( I need freezing temperatures, I've noticed I function better in the cold. We've only had one week below zero, with a teeny tiny layer of... white stuff.
Sure I looove snow, but it's also the lame temperatures here that don't make it feel like winter. And winter is supposed to be my 2nd fave season (autumn is the 1st). :(

Apparently it's sweater-day today. It's too warm to wear a sweater, people. :P

Treefox

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 04:17:41 AM »

Same here! My body really missed cold winter days... had way too few of them so far.
Looking at the pictures of last winter, at least we had a couple of really nice snow days on the mountain. Nothing this year...  :(
I too like winter!

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »

Here is one photo I took at the dead of winter when I was returning home from nightly visit in the woods... not much snow but the sunrise looked kinda pretty, so thought you might want to see it as well!... and yeah, Winter is actually my favorite season, because
I can truly be alone in the woods, no one is there besides me so spotting animals is easier without other humans making a racket... I'm also saddened to hear winter has been a little lame everywhere... I too work better in the cold and it has been so warm that I don't need to wear any pants when I'm home! too darn warm for me!...

EDIT: sorry it looks a bit blurry, my cellphone doesn't work properly in cold...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:01:26 PM by Berit »

Berit

• Tuftear
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 06:09:12 PM »

Oh, and forgot to ask... (or at least I think I haven't asked...) where are you from JaRf? it's nice to see people all over sharing this place! C'mon! post some pictures! I bet your city is still better than this crappy little town where I live in!... all people here are hillbillies, in the bad way!... so they throw EVERYTHING in the nature, from candy wrappings to refrigerators!... it truly pisses me off...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up